Kodak EasyShare CX4200 Reviews

Resolution 2
Optical Zoom 1
Battery Type Alkaline or Rechargeable

Features:
  • 2-megapixel sensor creates 1,600 x 1,200 images for sharp prints at sizes up to 8 x 10 inches
  • 2x digital autofocus zoom lens
  • Internal 16 MB memory holds approximately 20 images at default settings; MMC/SD slot for additional capacity
  • Connects with Macs and PCs via USB port or optional dock
  • Uses 1 CR-V3 lithium battery, 2 AA batteries, or rechargeable battery pack (when used with optional dock)
    Platforms:
    PowerMac, Windows XP, Windows 98, Windows 2000, Windows Me, Macintosh
  • Refine your search

“Overall I love this camera. The Kodak EasyShare...”

Written on: 22/06/2005 by karobin (1 review written)

Overall I love this camera. The Kodak EasyShare CX4200 is compact, easy to use and makes great 4x6 prints. I have had it for a little over 2 years and I am not very gently with it so I say it is pretty durable. I did drop it once and one of the battery tabs broke - but it still closes so not a big deal. It has been dropped many times and nothing else has happened to it. I love that it only takes 2 batteries, and in comparison to 2 family members cameras (not Kodak cameras-same level of… Read Full Review

“The Kodak EasyShare CX4200 is the digital camera dream...”

Written on: 09/06/2005 by applehill (1 review written)

The Kodak EasyShare CX4200 is the digital camera dream for dummies. Very easy to use, you don't even need to read the manual to know how to work it. LCD screen is less then desirable, hard to see. The slow recovery after taking a picture is bad, no quick snap shots with this camera. Over all I think I got what I paid for with a $129.00 camera. But don't think you'll get the best pictures with this camera. If high quality photos are what you're after then this is not the one for you. But for… Read Full Review

“The Kodak EasyShare CX4200 broke after only two years....”

Written on: 01/06/2005 by llbean333 (1 review written)

The Kodak EasyShare CX4200 broke after only two years. Some people say that it's a normal life span for a digital camera, but I'm really not happy. I don't buy a digital camera for it to last such a sort time.
    Only one small piece broke in the battery holding area, but every piece is important when dealing with technology. I called Kodak, they said they would fix it for $80 plus shipping. Ha! I can buy that camera brand new for cheaper… Read Full Review

“I just wanted a good all around camera without a big...”

Written on: 28/07/2004 by rperez1 (1 review written)

I just wanted a good all around camera without a big pricetag. The Kodak CX4200 fits the bill perfectly. Photo quality was great and on a quality printer was indistinguishable from regular film at sizes up to 5x7.

The two biggest pains with DC's are batteries and transferring pictures. The optional dock for this camera takes care of both of those. Batteries are always fully charged and pic transfer is a breeze.

I've been using my camera for about 8 months and so far so good… Read Full Review

“This Kodak CX4200 digital camera is essientially no...”

Written on: 25/12/2003 by dayoyo (1 review written)

This Kodak CX4200 digital camera is essientially no good at all if you want any quality comparison. I have a Nikon Coolpix 800 that I've had for 4 years, It's picture quality is WAY above this camera, and it's 4 years old! The CX4200 is easy to use, point and shoot. There is NO optical Zoom (which on still cameras is all that matters in a zoom function), the digital zoom doesnt go in slowly, or ease in and out.. it Jumps back and forth between 100% and 200% (2X Zoom). This is TERRIBLE. Bad… Read Full Review

“I was looking for a fairly cheap branded digital...”

Written on: 23/06/2003 by Scoby. (1 review written)

I was looking for a fairly cheap branded digital camera so went along to my local PC World. This was not my initial choice but due to stock shortages I plumped for this one. Initially very happy with my choice but the feel of the camera is very plastic. Another bad point is the fact that you do not get a carry pouch with the package, this has to be purchased seperately. The camera itself though is very easy to use and delivers very good quality images which can be viewed on a TV and a PC… Read Full Review