Wrapit, www.wrapit.co.uk

Wrapit, www.wrapit.co.uk
2.6

Summary

Compare Wrapit Reviews at Review Centre, Have you experienced this Wedding Gift List service and want to express your opinion. Here at Review Centre you can write your own Wrapit Review, positive or negative or what ever the reason. Maybe you just want to find out about your wrapit trouble, or compare it with other wedding gift lists. Do you have News on Wrapit, well why not become a member of Review Centre.
Wrapit, www.wrapit.co.uk - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Wrapit, www.wrapit.co.uk

“My gift has never arrived with those for whom it was...”

written by on 27/12/2008

My gift has never arrived with those for whom it was intended. I have not been informed on any problems that this company may have had and have found out only by accident that my money may have been taken with nothing in return. Very disappointing.

“We have been waiting for our gift delivery from Wrapit...”

written by paddyK on 06/08/2008

We have been waiting for our gift delivery from Wrapit for over 8 months and have been constantly assured 80% of the items were there but some items were missing - Stupidly we opted for a full one off delivery and now stand to loose everything .... except a £6 toast rack which they have said we can fetch from the warehouse if we like.

My advise to any couple getting married is never to go with a gift registry from an independent company such as this - stick to your John Lewis and other big houses.

“Had to chase after Wrapit for more than 8 months in...”

written by on 30/07/2008

Had to chase after Wrapit for more than 8 months in order to get our gifts delivered, one of which never got delivered and had to opt for a refund!

“Very friendly, list easy to set up, nice delivery...”

written by notsohappy on 27/07/2008

Very friendly, list easy to set up, nice delivery man...when finally arrived! However, poor choice, horrendous wait for gifts, have had to accept alternatives for 2 items...which caused even lengthier delay. One gift £85 lamp was faulty so returned in May and promised a replacement, so far been waiting 12 weeks and have had one email when I chased, advising me it would be 6 - 8 weeks.

“I really wish I had properly researched Wrapit before...”

written by on 27/07/2008

I really wish I had properly researched Wrapit before using them for my wedding list. It sounds like my experience with wrapit has been similar to the majority of people posting here.

When we went into the lovely showroom in Birmingham we were impressed, the consultant was very helpful and we signed up straight away. Guests who wanted to buy gifts from our list found the website easy to use and it all seemed really positive.

As soon as we closed the list everything changed. We had been advised that there was a wait for items of 8 weeks, which we understood as this had first been stated when we signed up with wrapit. However our wedding was August 2007 and we are still waiting for some of these gifts 11 months later. Trying to get delivery of any gifts has been a nightmare; as wrapit seemingly take so long to even order items from suppliers, there have been gifts discontinued then a flood in a warehouse and when items did turn up some were damaged (we knew better than to expect delivery of replacements given the difficulties we'd had just to receive the original gifts). As a goodwill gestire we received a £40. voucher for use on the wrapit privilege list which contained precisely nothing which we wanted.
I feel extremely bad for people who have not yet received any/much of their list. The only thing I am grateful for is that none of my friends set up a wedding list during the time that ours was open with wrapit otherwise without doubt I would have recommended that they use this awful company.

“I felt the service once we closed our list was...”

written by on 26/07/2008

I felt the service once we closed our list was dreadful. Items arrived late, many were incorrect or had been substituted for less nice items. Thought the customer service was really rubbish.

“We also had problems after closing our list with...”

written by on 26/07/2008

We also had problems after closing our list with Wrapit. Got married in September, closed list October, first delivery received in January but not complete. We were told several items had gone out of stock as they were 'seasonal' (eg a throw to match some cushions) - I checked the supplier's website and it was still available so had to persuade them to get it for us. Plates came in dribs and drabs eg. 7 side plates of 10 in the first delivery - why not all of them? A clock we received stopped working within a month, was sent back, replaced with another that also stopped working. Eventually got them to admit that yes, there was a problem with this item and got a refund.

My favourite was wine glasses; we ordered 12 red and 12 white, they came in boxes of 6. Opened the first 6 of each and checked the others just to make sure they weren't broken. It turned out we'd been give 6 white and 18 red, despite the boxes being correctly labelled. Took 3 months to persuade them to replace the ones that were wrong.

So yes, great service to begin with but a shame the service then went so bad. All contact was intiated by me, they never called or emailed to update so I spent the first 6 months of our marriage chasing up people who never called back.

“We closed our list over eight months ago and are still...”

written by pwoodrow on 25/07/2008

We closed our list over eight months ago and are still awaiting delivery of several items. During that time we have been asked to choose several alternative gifts on account of our first choices going out of stock. On two occasions we have been sent incorrect items and in our most recent delivery, 50% of the gifts were damaged. Such was my frustration with the high number of errors, that I sought legal advice from Consumer Direct (the consumer hotline service of the Office of Fair Trading). I was advised that since we had not spent any money with Wrapit ourselves, we had no legal claim over them. However, I was also advised that since Wrapit had not offered a full refund to those guests for whom they had not fulfilled gifts, they were potentially in breach of the Sale of Goods Act and the Distant Selling regulations. To say that they have taken all of the joy out of these presents would be an understatement. At the time of writing, we continue to experience difficulties in receiving the remainder of our gifts.

“Absolutely shocking - we were going to make a formal...”

written by catrionat on 25/07/2008

Absolutely shocking - we were going to make a formal complaint regarding non delivery but then didn't because our consultant assured us things were back on the up and it would all be fine within about 6 weeks.
I feel devastated that I may never see over £1000 worth of my list, but also incredibly embarrassed, and sorry for my guests who have spent money on us with a company we asked them to go to, and have lost that money. (As I understand it they'll only be protected if they've spent over £100, and then only if it was on a credit card).

“When we complained that the cutlery did not fit into...”

written by on 24/07/2008

When we complained that the cutlery did not fit into the canteen we were informed that we were wrong and should try and force it.

When we complained further they said that they were aware there was a problem with the set we had purchased and they were no longer selling it. If we sent it back they would get their customer services to ensure that the cutlery did not fit (they still didn't seem to believe us) and then would inform us of their decision.

They informed us that their customer services had confirmed that the cutlery did not fit and that therefore we could choose another product from their site.

On 12 March 2008 we ordered a net cutlery set and canteen and were told it would arrive within 4 weeks. Then on 20 May 2008 after it had not arrived we emailed to find out where it was to be told that both of our contacts were no longer with the company and so had to resort to emailing customer services. We were then told that we should not have been told it would be 4 weeks as the standard time would be 8 - 12 weeks. So, we waited, it is now 22 July 2008 (18 weeks after the new order and only 1 month to our 1 year anniversary) and we have STILL NOT received the cutlery yet. I have emailed again to find that our contact is now on holiday getting married (lets hope she isn't having wrapit do the giftlist!!!!) and again had to resort to emailing customer services and starting from scratch to be told that the cutlery has still not been delivered to Wrapit.

At no point during any of this was information forthcoming to me without me having to send emails, I did not receive any updates at all at any point.

I have therefore demanded a refund of the full amount of the cutlery and canteen outstanding as I would like the gift to be in my home to celebrate my 1 year anniversary.

I think this is an awful set up they have. The idea is great and should work really well but they don't seem to have the ability to actually run the system.

“Great big thumbs up! Received everything last week in...”

written by on 23/07/2008

Great big thumbs up! Received everything last week in one delivery right on time. Fab choice, fab showroom, fab staff!

“I totally agree; after the initial excitement of going...”

written by blark on 23/07/2008

I totally agree; after the initial excitement of going to their very substantial showroom it has been one delay after another, we have received around 1/2 of our list only to be told now that after our final delivery (of a few remaining things they have in stock) we will be given a refund so we are off to John Lewis where, to be honest, I think we should have gone all along. I will not be recommending Wrapit to my very many friends of marriageable age.

“I do not recommend using Wrapit. Our guests have spent...”

written by Sharzad on 22/07/2008

I do not recommend using Wrapit. Our guests have spent a vast amount of money and yet we have only received (out of a guest list of over 150 items), only 26 items on our list. We have been told similar things to other disgruntled customers and yet nothing seems to be done. I have rung the suppliers direct and been told they take approx 7 days to deliver which is beggars belief why Wrapit still manage to take months and months to deliver one plate or a baking tin. We recommended various friends to this company when we got married because of the impressive showrooms (show being the operative word).

“We've been really happy with the Wrapit experience,...”

written by janj56 on 19/07/2008

We've been really happy with the Wrapit experience, from beginning to end. Personal, friendly and great choice. Glad we stuck with them.

“Wrapit, where do I start? It became obvious to me...”

written by Inverleith on 17/07/2008

Wrapit, where do I start? It became obvious to me quickly that their product range seems to fall far short of most department stores. I found the prices were no better - and often worse. I feel that delivery is shocking - we are over 3.5 months since closing our list at the moment (4 months since wedding and 6 months since most gifts bought and paid for!) and we have received less than half so far. Their customer service department seemed rude to me and appeared indifferent. I would not recommend them.

“Generally I found them very good, but I do conceed it...”

written by janeydd75 on 16/07/2008

Generally I found them very good, but I do conceed it was rare to receive a response to an email the same day, most likely the following day. I work for a department store that doesn't offer a wedding list service, so I didn't have much choice but to look elsewhere. I chose John Lewis for my engagement list, because my sister works there, and to be honest they were a bitter disappointment and I vowed not to use them again.
As a result, we agreed on Wrapit for the wedding list, because they seemed to offer a more personal and varied service. Whilst not perfect, they did at least tell us when something was discontinued and offer replacements and we did pick a dinner service and glass range that we knew in advance would take a long time as it said it on the website, so I can't really moan at that. We had a dedicated customer service person (more than we had at JL). It is now 5 months after the wedding and we are receiving our final gifts this weekend, so yes, it didn't happen in the 8-12 weeks they talk about, but then we were warned because of what we had chosen, so I can't blame them for that.
My department manager says wedding lists are difficult to do which is our work doesn't do them!)- and frankly I wanted something a little different that not all my friends had got, which really means you aren't left with too much choice. I guess my advice would be that the wedding list isn't really like the rest of the wedding, so as a bride you may as well be realistic about this. As my husband explained it takes place over such a long period of time, and involves so many people, it is slightly more complicated than I first thought.
In addition, we chose to wait for 3 months after our wedding before ordering our list, therefore I realise that things are going to be discontinued all the time - at work I am constantly laying out the 'latest new things' on the shelf so I already know that the retail turnover is high. We can't get cross with Wrapit because we wait ages before ordering and then when we did, we chose something that was made to order.
I would say my experience of the staff was they they were friendly and helpful when they did get back to us and I did feel they were sorry when items weren't in. Communication could have been better, if I was being fussy, but I did receive updates every fortnight or so, so I knew what was going on more or less.
Maybe we have been lucky, I don't know, but I would say be realistic about what you are asking for. We wanted bredth of choice, that is why we went to Wrapit - and we got it - but the downside was that we had to wait longer. JL we chose because we wanted the basics and we wanted them quickly -and they couldn't get that right either, so you are slightly stuck between a rock and a hard place! Neither service was perfect, but as I don't plan to get married again, I suppose I don't need to worry about it too much.

“We'd been recommended Wrapit by various friends, and...”

written by JJanu on 14/07/2008

We'd been recommended Wrapit by various friends, and all in all I would recommend it too; the whole service was very personal (much better than JL on a Sat morning and loads of other couples).

“I'm suprised to read so many bad reviews. We had a...”

written by IBaron on 14/07/2008

I'm suprised to read so many bad reviews. We had a great experience with wrapit. We had our own personal wedding consultant who was extremely knowledgable about the product range. She was always available to answer any questions we had and her product knowledge was second to none. Our gifts arrived in 2 deliveries, one after 8 weeks and one after 12. We were contacted by their fulfilment team before each delivery to arrange a delivery date that suited us and the gifts arrived with a bottle of champagne and chocolates, delivered by one of Wrapit's own delivery vans. Even the driver was helpful and friendly.

“Great service in the Wrapit showroom in Birmingham....”

written by suemya on 13/07/2008

Great service in the Wrapit showroom in Birmingham. Best selection. Guests loved it. Gifts can take a while to arrive but our gifts arrived at the time promised and with a nice delivery man. Well recommend Wrapit.co.uk

“Wrapit claim 99% satisfaction for their service. This...”

written by on 13/07/2008

Wrapit claim 99% satisfaction for their service. This is apparently because the survey is taken before you close your list, and before the problems start. Up till that point they are good, the pre-wedding service i cannot fault. But the service afterwards is the worst i have ever encountered.

They cited supplier problems as an excuse, yet I can find most of the unavailable gifts from my list online, able to deliver to me by the end of the week.

This is an awful service.