Bugibba, Qawra Palace Hotel Reviews

Bugibba, Qawra Palace Hotel - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Bugibba, Qawra Palace Hotel

“Poor food”

written by McNally250 on 24/09/2023

The food in the hotel was not good especially the meat. Also the smell in the reception and main restaurant was terrible and it put you off your food.

“We stayed at the Qawra palace for a week thank...”

written by on 08/10/2009

We stayed at the Qawra palace for a week thank goodness for no longer.Staff not at all welcoming when we arrived.Room not too bad though a curtain was hanging off and floor very dusty.Bathroom was appalling,very small hardly any space between washbasin and toilet. Shower over rather dirty bath was antiquated and there was mould/mildew on tiles.Grout had come away from some tiles near washbasin. Bedlinen apparently only changed every 4 days,towels daily but looked as though they could have had a hotter wash.We went and bought a kettle for 13 euros as the hotel charged 3.70 euros per day + 20 euro deposit! Remote control was 10 euros(returnable on checking out)for a television that only had 1 channel in English.The "small charge"for a safe key was 11.70 euros-non-returnable. Dining room like a huge school dinner hall and you had to sit in your designated area which made it more like a school canteen.We shall not use this hotel again. I never saw any staff help elderly people with their luggage when they were checking in the day we left.

“I stayed at the Qwara Hotel for one week during August...”

written by on 27/09/2009

I stayed at the Qwara Hotel for one week during August this year. I found the hotel to be that of a good 2/3 star. The food was very good with plenty of choice. The staff were friendly and helpful. The pool area was lovely, clean and well kept with beautiful sea views. Although it was over the road you didnt need to leave the hotel to get to it. It is in a lovely area lots of bars and shops local. There were a number of students but we had no problems they were polite and waited in turn during meal times and they were out all day . There is a bus station five minutes walk away where you can get a bus to most parts of the island. This hotel was clean and friendly in a excellent location, but it could do with a good makeover.

“We had a lovely holiday in the Qawra Palace Hotel. ...”

written by on 06/09/2009

We had a lovely holiday in the Qawra Palace Hotel. The staff were friendly and helpful. We had a side room on the 5th floor with a side sea view. Very good maid service every day. The food was good with plenty of choice. The Restaurant was spacious and the waiters all helpful. The pool area is lovely although it is over the road you dont need to leave the hotel to get to it. There were a number of students but the ones we came into contact with were polite and friendly. This is a good 2/3star hotel. Evening entertainment good but not really for the younger guests, but there are a lot of bars local to the hotel . It is a lovely area and perfect of exploring the rest of the Island.

“”

written by on 19/08/2009

I stayed in Bugibba, Qawra Palace Hotel with my daughter for two weeks, she is 10years. A lot of students stay here and are obviously very boistrous!! I didnt find the staff particulary friendly.
Two cockroaches were spotted. One in the bar and one on the wall of the dining room. This stopped using the restaurent which proved expensive. I would have like to know that there is a busy road between pool and Hotel! Although it can be reach underground!

“just got back from the Qawra Palace Hotel , first of...”

written by on 27/07/2009

just got back from the Qawra Palace Hotel , first of all the plus points , right lets move on, i would like to meet the joker that gave this a 4star , 2 star at the best ' staff very rude in most cases , resembled a youth hostle at times , students everywhere , could,nt get in the pool because these fouled mouth yobbs took over , food at best 1 star , we paid all inclusive ,but ate out most nights , great indian behind this hotel, entertainment , well gods waiting room comes to mind , we took our teenage daughter , we felt so guilty about the s called entertainment , nothing for the younger adult , only old people, truly awful, will go back to malta , its a fantastic beautiful island , but never never this 2 to 1 star youth hostle.

“Good points, none. Bad points, everything, rooms awful...”

written by wrigley on 14/11/2008

Good points, none. Bad points, everything, rooms awful on inside, staff very rude and abrupt, wont go again to the Qawra Palace Hotel in Bugibba Malta.

“I have just returned from my second stay at Qawra...”

written by on 16/10/2008

I have just returned from my second stay at Qawra palace and I can only say it was better than the first time and that was brilliant. Went there in September with my husband and two sisters and we were all sad when the holiday was over. We had so much fun going on the buses which is something you have to try for a laugh. You never get the same change back but the fares are so cheap it doesn't matter. We all will go back again because Malta is such a beautiful place with such lovely people. Any one looking for a good holiday with lovely weather and plenty of places to visit should try Malta. The only bad point is the holiday is over to quick.

“I have just been back to Qawra palace for the second...”

written by Tina Cooper on 15/10/2008

I have just been back to Qawra palace for the second time with my husband and two sisters and I can only say it was better than the first time and that was brilliant. We did so many trips on the buses which was very good as we could stay for as long as we wanted. You never get the same change twice but they are so cheap it doesn't matter. We see so much of Malta this way so for anyone going I would recomend they try it because its so much fun. Also the open top bus at night is great but watch out for the trees as you can get hit in the face if you forget which I did. Still enjoyed it. Anyone wanting a good holiday with lovely weather and plenty of places to see then try Malta. Also the Maltese are very lovely people. We will be going back again.

“My wife and I spent 10 nights All Inclusive...”

written by pwillo on 08/08/2008

My wife and I spent 10 nights All Inclusive there-28/07/08 to 07/08/08 in room 702, would go back again. We made a big saving by booking direct with the Qawra Palace. The food was fantastic. Wine-I would recommend the white semi sweet Lacrymavitis

“The hotel was brilliant, very clean and very friendly....”

written by Tina Cooper on 12/07/2008

The hotel was brilliant, very clean and very friendly. I went there with my husband and two sisters and we never stopped laughing all week. There was so much to do and the evening entertainment was great. The staff were so friendly and food was very nice and plenty of it. We even went swimming with the dolphins something I have always wanted to do but never thought possible. A dream come true.

Making up for it this year we have booked two weeks in September and can't wait.

“The Qawra Palace in Bugibba is a good 3 star Hotel, of...”

written by on 15/06/2008

The Qawra Palace in Bugibba is a good 3 star Hotel, of course its not a four star like we expect in the UK. The rooms are cleaned daily towels changed daily bed linen 2-3 times in a 10 day stay. It is at the bottom of a steep hill but this can be avoided by walking up a shallow gradient round the coast road, there are no sandy beeches in Qawra or Bugibba the nearest is in Mellieha Bay 15 minutes on the bus. The island is full of history and intersting places you can easily fill 2 weeks without realising, and still have loads to see. Cost of a pint of lager 1.20 euro. Water a small bottle 45 cents. In Menorca we paid 1.90 euros for a half of lager and the same for water.

“Enjoyed holiday would but would not necessarily go...”

written by on 03/06/2008

Enjoyed holiday would but would not necessarily go back to Qawra Palace. Coffee shop was nice and shops were handy for newspapers and goods not overpriced.

“Location is good. You are right on the front. Very...”

written by steveturan on 31/03/2008

Location is good. You are right on the front. Very family friendly. You can have a lovely walk along the front with your kids after a nice meal. there is a good choice of food. Ignore the touts along the front or better yet get your self a really good tan and pass your self as one of the locals or pretend you don't speak english. Quite allot of elderly people, so sometimes we had to keep the kids on a tight reign. Only some most of the others were quite accommodating

“Overall this was a great hotel to stay at in Malta -...”

written by slynch5 on 30/03/2008

Overall this was a great hotel to stay at in Malta - we had read some very negative reviews posted and were expecting a fairly average experience. In fact it was perfect for a family break, they were able to meet our request for adjacent rooms and although at times the reception team were a bit overrun they were always helpful and polite. The staff were friendly, rooms were clean and of a good standard, and although the food became a bit predictable by the end of the week it was always fresh, well cooked and plentiful.
Qawra is a quieter resort by Maltese standards but there is an easy coastal walk to Bugibba, as well as buses and taxis. We also went to the newly opened restaurant 'The Boathouse' in Qawra which was fantastic, top notch food (contemporary European cuisine) and a view on 3 sides of the sea. Highly recommended.

“Please try and save up for a hotel as lovely as this,...”

written by beccaboo on 09/08/2007

Please try and save up for a hotel as lovely as this, if you can find one that is.

“The hotel is in a brilliant location near to the bus...”

written by DEBI1970 on 24/07/2007

The hotel is in a brilliant location near to the bus station and local bars and restuarants. Reading some of the reviews I think they must have stayed at a different hotel. My daughter is 8 years old and she loved the kids enterainment she wanted to go every day. The pool area is large and always kept clean, although the pool is open till 6.00pm they start cleaning around you at 5.00pm which I thought was a bit much as it made you feel uncomfartable and you had to leave. It could do with a bit of updating but it is comfortable and the rooms are cleaned everyday. I would definitely stay here again but perhaps get a sea view.
The only major problem I found were the students staying on our floor running up and down the corridors at all hours but the securtiy staff where brill they did try and get them to be quiet which worked for about half an hour then they started again. Security where constantly telling them.
Overall a brill hotel and an excellent holiday.

“I have been on holiday in Bodrum at Charm Village...”

written by mickthemilk on 29/06/2007

I have been on holiday in Bodrum at Charm Village Hotel and Concorde El Salaam in Sharm el Sheik and these have been on an all inclusive basis and they are the same as this hotel, 4 star. The choice of food at both hotels was extensive and would have catered for the fussiest eaters on the planet. The staff were so friendly, you felt so welcome, you wanted to leave a good tip for them because the added to your holiday.

“After reading the reviews on this Qawra Palace Hotel,...”

written by rach74 on 21/06/2007

After reading the reviews on this Qawra Palace Hotel, I was not looking forward to my holiday. On our arrival, myself and my boyfriend were checked in fairly quickly, despite the hotel staff having to check in around 30 other new arrivals. Yes the rooms could do with being refurbished but as you only sleep in them they're fine! The pool is lovely but a bit cold when you first get in. The hotel has to be the best hotel for it's location, right on the beach with everything within walking distance. The rooms were seen to every day and all staff were kind and helpful. I would recommend this hotel to friends and family because in my opinion, as long as the rooms are cleaned on a daily basis and the staff are helpful, you will make do with any other little problems you may find.

“If you are planning a holiday here I would seriously...”

☆☆☆☆☆

written by sarah8002 on 15/06/2007

If you are planning a holiday here I would seriously think again, especially if you have children. Be it small children or teenagers, there is nothing for them to do. There is a nice swimming area, which is clean and well looked after but there is no slides or anything, which you would expect, being as this is a big hotel that has a lot of families. The food is, well, just basic and the smell after 2pm, trust me, it gets to you. Although they do have lifts for people who have disabilities, I wouldn't recommend this place to anybody who has difficulties walking, as there are a lot of steep hills surrounding the hotel. You also will definitely need a car as you are quite out of the busier areas. Once you do get out of Buggiba, there is enough to do, depending on what you like. If you like history etc. you will find this place interesting, if not then forget it. The beach is far from a beach, more like a sand pit but the waters are good as they are shallow.