ING Direct Internet Banking Reviews - www.ingdirect.com

ING Direct Internet Banking www.ingdirect.com - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for ING Direct Internet Banking www.ingdirect.com

ING Direct Internet Banking www.ingdirect.com
ING Direct Internet Banking www.ingdirect.com

“ING DIRECT - Banking at its Best!”

written by alex_brookes on 22/10/2013

ING DIRECT is possibly one of the best banks out there. There are various different accounts available with each having a generous interest rate. I currently have a Tax-Free Investment Savings Account (TFSA) and gain a 1.4% interest rate on my balance each month. In addition, the interest rate is compounded and tax-free. They also offer great rewards for referring friends. For example: Orange Key: 17018253S1 Using the Orange Key that I posted above when you sign up for an ING DIRECT account with a 100$ deposit will net us both 25$ as a gift. You can also open a chequing account and deposit your cheques directly by taking a picture with your smart phone. I think this is really cool and convenient. Not to mention they offer a 100$ free sign-up. ING DIRECT is also known as Capital One in the USA, and the code if still valid under "Reference Code". This is definitely a bank that everyone needs to try for themselves. You won't be disappointed. Customer service is great each and every time that I have called them up. They refer to you by your first name as well, and make sure everything is solved.

“Used to be a great savings bank”

written by on 21/10/2012

Have been ING client (Canada) for 8 years, they used to have good savings products at top competitive rates. Easy and simple to deal with, pretty good customer service. Over the last couple years they seem to have focused on checking accounts and other gimmics all at the expence of their savings rates. They are now at the bottom with their competitors for their savings rates. As a saver, unfortunatly I am close to closing the accounts and moving to a competitor. I dont really want to but ING does not seem to be listening to this client base. If they dont smarten up in January, they will lose us.

“Savings Account”

written by on 12/09/2012

Opened a savings account with ING and was told the interest (of around 3%) would only last 12 months from the day the account was opened and after 12 months the rate would drop to about 0.5% - this was fine. What I wasn't told was that the first deposit can only be for £1 until all identity checks are completed and the account fully set up so imagine my surprise when my initial deposit was first accepted and then returned to my account - without any notification from ING that they had done this. I discovered this about 3 weeks later and when I queried it was told that the first deposit could only ever be for £1! This is disingenuous as the account they are advertising (with a 12 month bonus) can NEVER allow a saver to benefit from 12 months worth of interest. At most a new customer is likely to earn interest on their full deposit for 11 1/2 months, allowing a couple of weeks for the account to be fully set up. It takes time to have passports certified by solicitors and fill out the necessary forms. In total it took me four weeks to set up my account with ING and redeposit my money!

“An Easy and (dare I say) Honest Bank”

written by AliOliphant on 20/04/2012

Have had to leave ING after many, many years because they just don't give competitive savings rates to loyal customers any more. I have always found them to be very upfront about their changing rates and getting money out of my account has always been as easy as with my normal Nat West current account. I don't need to ask for statements or Tax Certificates, and their security system was way ahead of others when it first came out (concomitantly, they aren't forever changing it like Barclays). Would happily give 5 stars, but it does niggle that I have to leave them for 6 months to get the same rate as newcomers.

“Unhelpful Staff and Low Interest”

written by on 10/01/2012

Good rate of interest initially, but after honeymoon period interest very poor, bad customer service and online utilities very poor.Not easy to close account

“Top marks for customer service”

written by Rombom on 15/09/2011

Top saving rate regularly on offer for new customers - existing customers not so lucky- hence I called today to close my a/c. Phone answered within a minute. Very polite agent - happily & quickly closed the a/c over the phone (the only bank to do so ever?). Always impressive & straightforward customer service in the past. Will be happy to re-open the a/c once qualify as a new customer again. I deal with banks a lot (and I work for one) and do not rate them highly but ING have impressed - if only they could offer better deals to existing customers.

Guest's Response to Rombom's Review

Written on: 23/04/2012

I s this form for uk .

Doreen Bakewell
[email protected]

Read 1 Comment

“why you should not open account with INGdirect?”

written by on 03/09/2011

why you should not open account with INGdirect? 1- they disable your card for any reason take days before you have access to your money 2- never apply for mortgage they will approve you then reject for a reason charge you $350 it happen twice with me my credit score 800 3- you just a number to them. 4- high fees mutual fund that dose trouble return, since i open account most of account are down over 50% 5- your money is outside country 6- most of there free ATM actuallycharge you.

“I couldn't get my money out online so I telephoned...”

written by on 30/11/2010

I couldn't get my money out online so I telephoned their help line. I spoke to a Ms Jenny Lloyd. She asked me questions for over half an our before telling me anything. She then said I have to send in about six documents with signatures from all number of people and then they would decide what else to tell me.I asked them how I can get my money out.

I tried again online and she had locked my account so I couldn't get in.

This treatment is deplorable.

“Very poor customer service. After a 33 minute call...”

written by on 07/11/2010

Very poor customer service. After a 33 minute call (including waiting), I was still unable to obtain my account balance! No call backs in spite of acknowledged system problem encountered.

“Had an ING Direct savings for over a year, and...”

written by on 03/11/2010

Had an ING Direct savings for over a year, and obviously after enjoying a reasonably good savings rate, it was reduced to 0.5 % worse than most high street banks would offer. Therefore decided to do something better with my money and buy a property; when I was about to withdraw the money and passed it on as a deposit to my solicitor, I was shocked to learn that ING Direct don't offer a telegraphic money transfer service. The only way I could get my money out was to transfer it back to my current account with another bank via BACS, which would take three days and only then I need to transfer it on again (I already had an agreed completion date and had to pay a penalty to the vendor, thanks ING) .

The bottom line is ING Direct IS NOT A REAL BANK IT'S a JOKE, don't use them.
Not only the saving rate is a joke, but they don't offer basic banking service like money transfer, what's the point.

Soliloquysam's Comment

Written on: 03/11/2010

Mr. Guest ought to read the Terms and Conditions of ING Direct and doing a bit of research BEFORE making his financial decisions. The bank is not a joke just because it suddenly doesn't suit his purpose. His unfortunate experience is his own fault.

Read 1 Comment

“My first statement was one big advert, which I nearly...”

written by on 11/10/2010

My first statement was one big advert, which I nearly put on the fire, thinking it was a circular. It took 14 mins to be put thru to a manager. Closed my account

“I have been very disatisfied with ING since the took...”

written by Skylane on 03/09/2010

I have been very disatisfied with ING since the took over my account with Singer and Friedlander (Kaupthing Edge). First their interest rates reduce to very poor levels after one year. Second when I tried to enquire how they might give a better rate than the one half percent they were paying on my 60+k deposited with them they were extremely unhelpful, I moved the money pronto. Seceond they have refused requests from a new provider to transfer my ISA.
Stay clear!

“Banking was fine, but mortgage was a really bad deal. ...”

written by on 24/08/2010

Banking was fine, but mortgage was a really bad deal. After receiving constant offers to refinance from ING, I did so. They didn't tell me about their 'Interest Rate Differential' clause on my fixed rate mortgage so when I sold my house, they charged me over $10,000 in penalties because the mortgage rates had dropped by a half of a percent.

“I have been a customer of this bank for 10 years. My...”

written by on 13/07/2010

I have been a customer of this bank for 10 years. My lowest balance has been $150K and highest balance of $500K+. Without going into the details of my experience with this bank today, I advise that you take your business elsewhere. I'm closing all of my accounts with them ASAP. They could care less. Now on to bankrate.com to find another bank. Avoid these creeps!

“It is waste of time. they say that they are part of...”

written by on 03/05/2010

It is waste of time. they say that they are part of Dutch Bank, but Customer Service is in India. Spent 40 minutes on the phone to remortgage my home which 60% of the mortgage has been paid anyway, Also going through credit scoring check, she said (with funny accent)that, I'm not eligible according tpo their terms and conditions.
I walked to local HSBC bank and got good deal in 30 minutes.

STAY AWAY FORM ING not DIRECT

“For 3 months I was trying to transfer 20000 to ING...”

written by on 15/04/2010

For 3 months I was trying to transfer 20000 to ING Direct Canada. Can you imagine that they missed up every thing, and I had 5 conversations for 20-30 min earch, every time with different person with only one answer I don'n know and we apologize. Finally I transfer money to CIBC in 2 days. Is it a bank at all?

“ING's incredibly high fees (2 percent) for ATM...”

written by on 04/04/2010

ING's incredibly high fees (2 percent) for ATM withdrawals overseas finally made me close my account. Plus, there rapidly falling interest rates (sometimes rates fall as much as three times a month!) recently left my account making a 1.03 interest rate. I get double that at my Malaysian bank so I just removed all my money from ING and closed my account.

Do NOT recommend ING for any service.

“Beware of emails stating you cd's renewal rate. Was...”

written by on 29/10/2009

Beware of emails stating you cd's renewal rate. Was promissed 2.25 but only got 1.9%. The email said "you will get 2.25%". Called and they said the rate had dropped since the email, they new that the cd would not renew until 2 weeks later.

“Just ralised, after checkimg account online, £500...”

written by on 28/10/2009

Just ralised, after checkimg account online, £500 transfered from Kaupthing Edge account when ING took them over, has vanished from the account.

Wrote them a letter on the 13 October 09 to enquire, no response, wrote again on 26 October, delivered by recorded signed for delivery, they received it today, and emailed them yesterday requesting urgent response. Still waiting for a response.

Some of this cash is urgently required, who knows whether I'll ever see this money again.

What a bank this is !

Don't go near it.

“Extremely shoddy treatment of customers. In...”

written by on 22/10/2009

Extremely shoddy treatment of customers. In correspondence they never answer in full, deliberately miss the point and procrastinate.

Currently in correspondence with Financial Ombudsman regarding short payment of interest. ING admit they did short pay but are trying to weasel out of making full recompense. If necessary I will have them in court and make them pay.

Ing seem to have a policy of denial and that customers will give up the complaint if it rambles on long enough. My advice, get the FOS involved, then ING sit up and take notice.