Barclays Share Dealing Reviews - www.stockbrokers.barclays.co.uk

Media Gallery for Barclays Share Dealing www.stockbrokers.barclays.co.uk

Barclays Share Dealing www.stockbrokers.barclays.co.uk
Barclays Share Dealing www.stockbrokers.barclays.co.uk

“Smart to walk”

Written on: 18/09/2017 by Loewe (1 review written)

Have had a sizeable SIPP with Barclays for a decade. Always valued their courteous staff, good bond execution and clear website giving me all the current/historic price and performance data of all I hold or may consider. Now someone has ripped it all to pieces and replaced it with a site that defies belief. Useless in almost every aspect, indeed an insult to any serious investor. Smart it ain't. Reminds me of Providence Financial and other corporate disasters, where, with a stroke of a pen, a… Read Full Review

“Smart Investor”

Written on: 15/09/2017 by dorkiss (1 review written)

For some bizarre reason, Smart Investor has locked me out of my online account. The same thing has happened to my husband and daughter. I have entered the same numbers and passwords for about a week now and I am certain I entered them correctly today. The same has happened to my husband and daughter. It will take at least 3 days to get new details. Nothing about the new Smart Investor is as good as the old Barclays Stockbrokers site. I will be transferring to another broker and will… Read Full Review

“Total rubbish”

Written on: 04/09/2017 by motorman1 (3 reviews written)

been with barclays stockbrokers about 10 years now had a few problems over the years but nothing like this. The new platform is just complete rubbish and unusable, so i have just opened an account with Hargreaves lansdown and will be moving everything over in the next few weeks and closing my account with them, as one door closes another one opens. All i can say is you would expect better treatment from a bank like this… Read Full Review

“Barclays Stockbrokers Mess”

Written on: 29/08/2017 by MiltonKerr (1 review written)

Tried to view my share accounts to get in I could no longer enter few security details but have to carry around a gadget to dish out a secure code. Then got in only to be confronted with a variety of choices 95% of which doesn't apply, to trade it took about 4 minutes to get in it would be quicker in future but even so the whole thing is complicated. Before it was a dream just enter a couple of details and off we go everything was on the screen, so simple but some twit in Barclays thought they… Read Full Review

Dunin's Comment

Written on: 30/08/2017

I fully agree, the changes are made not building on the strengths that they had.
It is a step into the past - an IT disaster - only change when you can make it better and know that it is better and tested. Thankfully I have given notice to change stockbrokers - how long this will take?
CD

Written on: 30/08/2017

I have started looking into changing - Hargreaves Lansdown look quite good and, I think, will do a lot of the work for you - if you look at their website and get a transfer form they, apparently, will do the rest.
Might be worth looking into.

Written on: 30/08/2017

Spot on MiltonKerr - I too have had nothing but problems since my trading account with Barclays Stockbrokers and my current account were linked in their new "smart investor" system - I had been dealing with Barclays Stockbrokers for over ten years with no problems - their website was clear, efficient and easy to use (and separate from my current account) - when I first heard of the changes I voiced my concerns to no avail - Last week, they switched my accounts to their new "smart investor" and I have had nothing but problems.
BARCLAYS NEW "SMART INVESTOR" IS A NIGHTMARE - NOTHING BUT ERROR CODES AND WHEN YOU DO (EVENTUALLY) GET IN, MARRED BY CHILDISH IRRELEVANT NONSENSE.

Read 3 Comments

“ DO nT DEAL WITH UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANES”

Written on: 11/05/2017 by markplln2012 (1 review written)

Closed my trade at 161.88 when their price only went down to 163.44 and when i complained refused pont blank to accept the mistake or do anything about it. This way they can make sure very trade you ever plae you plae will lose even if it wins according to the charts, even theor own charts, besides they tell you you trade at real market prices when in fact you trade at their bid pries, which means even f they did do things farily youdd never make any money, their name gain capital should be… Read Full Review

“Direct Investing Service”

Written on: 26/03/2017 by Compton472 (1 review written)

I have been a happy customer of Barclays stockbrokers for many years until recently. Since the introduction of smartphones I have both conducted transactions and viewed my portfolios using a Samsung android device but two weeks ago (after I was migrated to their new online Direct Investing Service) it transpired the new system was not compatible with android devices! Despite making numerous calls and complaints there has been no resolution. What a fiasco - I hope those who presided over this… Read Full Review

Written on: 30/08/2017

Excellent criticism - I have been a happy customer of Barclays Stockbrokers for over ten years - their website was clear, efficient and easy-to-use (and separate from the Barclays Bank website) and I would always do 20+ trades a month to keep commission costs down to £5.95 (sometimes as many as 90 to 100 simple trades - that's probably around £5000 a year in commission that Barclays have had from me) - I used my Dell home computer.
Then a few months ago a new "smart investor" service was dreamed up with lots of positive spin, silly pictures etc.to keep me informed of how things were to be with my current account and my trading account now linked in one website - "smart investor" - on the Barclays Bank website.
Last week it happened - the change took place and it is like a bad dream - nothing but error messages - if you do eventually get in you are faced with a website that appears to have been designed by five-year olds (or perhaps a website designed for five-year olds to use) - it is overcomplicated, childish and full of inane and unnecessary features - perhaps an idiot with an IQ of 45 might appreciate it - I wonder that they don't incorporate some silly little game too !
Just as an example - a little line-graph to show you how your investments did last week - "your investments went up (down) by £xx last week" - do they really think that a reasonably intelligent investor needs to be told that, or perhaps like Compton472 suggests, they want to get rid of decent customers and attract naïve bored housewives (or five-year olds).
But what can one do - go somewhere else, I suppose. It's a disgrace, nevertheless, that a supposedly reputable company could replace a decent, efficient website with a load of total inane garbage and pretend it's progress.

Read 1 Comment

“Platform can't cope with high market volume”

Written on: 22/09/2015 by ianbur (1 review written)

Been with Barclays Stockbrokers some 20+ years and the service has been generally good. The platform couldn't cope during the market turmoil of late August 2015. You couldn't trade FTSE100 stocks. They won't accept that the platform is under capacity and annoyed me by seeking to put the blame on my set-up - which I know is them just trying to fob me off and duck the actual issue… Read Full Review

“27 Days Wasted Without MarketMaster Account”

Written on: 08/07/2015 by Amir444 (1 review written)

It took me 27 days (12/06/15 - 08/0715) to try to open an account with Barclays Stockbrokers. I decided to cancel it in the end, because I didn’t want to be stuck with the sloppy service, if anything went wrong with the trading account. Customer service was very polite, the execution was horrible though. First of all, I was required to apply by post and needed extra documentation, instead of applying online, because I am an EU citizen. I sent in the application pack, received an e-mail… Read Full Review

“Treatment of Scrip Dividends”

Written on: 28/01/2014

I have used them for almost 10 years now and overall I am quite satisfied but there is one area - dividends - which frustrates me beyond words and all attempts to get them to resolve thess issues have been met with a blank refusal. When opening a MarketMaster account one is required to elect to either have dividends paid in cash or use the Dividend Reinvestment programme. A simple software code would suffice to differentiate between these two options, share by share, at the point of… Read Full Review

“New platform rubbish”

Written on: 06/12/2013

I have been trading with Barclays now for 5 years, on level 2 for a little over 12 months now. What a great platform it was, I say it was as the new one is unusable It is early days but unfortunately has so many problems, that it is virtually unusable by professional traders or amateurs alike. How this is going to be resolved without taking it off line for a prolonged period of time is anyone’s guess. The idea was to move away from java to html5, but the hole geometry of the platform is so… Read Full Review

Canycan2013's Comment

Written on: 14/12/2013

Demat Account india - Demat Account india designed to give you the edge in the stock markets. We offer you R-money demat accounts, armed with an entire range of conveniences specially designed to make your money work harder.

Read 1 Comment

“New Trading Platform, A Complete Disgrace!”

Written on: 28/11/2013 by MaxiMax2008 (1 review written)

I Have been with Barclays Stockbrokers (Barx Trading Platform) for over 6 Years and have experienced numerous ups and downs along the way. Apart from few hiccups the overall trading system was very good and easy to use. But, they have recently decided to change this system and provide an improvement. They have completely messed up as the new system is a complete downgrade. Very slow, limited features in a very dull and confusing system making it very difficult to use. I am completely shocked… Read Full Review

Canycan2013's Response to MaxiMax2008's Review

Written on: 14/12/2013

“ATI”

Written on: 16/11/2013 by star94 (1 review written)

I too have been caught with their ATI money. I have been investing for 2 years and have made a profit. Recently I noticed there was money in my account that was not mine. Eventually temptation won and I bought shares using the money (sometimes 2-3 times the money I won). I assumed you could borrow this and maybe they take a fee. I phoned t check and they told me I had to pay back in 3 days. I ended up with a loss. This happened twice and the second time they charged me interest as I didn't… Read Full Review

Written on: 25/11/2013

This is gambling ,incorage peoples to gamble with money they do not have , we have a compalining goiing with ombudsman ,i even asked them to remove this ATI and they refused until i lost all my money ,then it was removed ,I had no experience in online accounts lost all my money .

Star94's reply to Freitas's Comment

Written on: 30/11/2013

Yes, they are heartless and have no morals.

Written on: 10/05/2015

We took them to ombudsman because of ATI ,and did you notice ho wthings changed ? now you have to sign to get BARXC but they corrupted the adjudicator afraid of loosing the case ,with ATI wich is in fact a Margin ACCOUNT ,and not allowed by FCA

Written on: 10/05/2015

look we took them to the ombudsman ,and guess what lost the case ,you know why they corrupted the adjudicator , HE took our case,and in 6 months had no answer from barclays we knew he was being corrupted ,and gave us 3 days notice that was living ,and went strait to delloit ,and now they moved him to barclays wealth .is there now on a top job .google him at BARCLAYS WEALTH you will find him there and barcalsy stockbrokers are corrupted peoples .

Read 4 Comments

“Rubbish Rubbish Rubbish”

Written on: 14/05/2013

Website down again said it would be closed for 1 day now into 2nd day and still cant access it, also been waiting for over two months now for shares to be transferred from another trading account into Barclays and still waiting. When you sell your shares you should wait no longer than 3 days for your money i was still waiting after 6 days. Not good enough… Read Full Review

Freitas's Comment

Written on: 17/05/2013

Im not surprised they lost a letter regarding some shares transfer ,for 9 days kept insisting they did not have it ,and when i called the post office they had sign the letter 9 days earlier ,Not even an apology from them as aresult we lost 3.000 pounds as the shares were going down and down

Read 1 Comment

“Our life ruined forever”

Written on: 03/03/2013 by prinzi123 (1 review written)

We sold our house and want to invest £10K on one share for the future. They adviced and went on to open Market Master for us. They use the 'Available To Invest' feature which amazingly allow you to invest up to 4 times the value of your portfolio for a short period of 3/10 days to chew through your money with charges.Any stock bought using the ATI is immediatelly short untill you are forced to sell at huge losses. The platform is full of bugs. Shares on the FTSE AIM do not show the real price… Read Full Review

Swainson13's Response to prinzi123's Review

Written on: 24/09/2013

I feel for you, i really do. But surely you should have researched before you invested your hard earned cash. CFD or Spread betting (which is what you lost your money in) is extremely risky, and should be part of an overall investment portfolio. Also the buy/sell quote will be different from the actual quote as the spread is how the companies make money. Its Basically commission. Also 3/10 days is an extremely short period to trade on. I really hope you get through this!

Prinzi123's reply to Swainson13's Comment

Written on: 25/09/2013

Hi Swainson13, thank you for the reply. THIS IS WHAT I HAVE BEEN FIGHTING BARCLAYS AND THE ADJUDICATOR FOR ONE YEAR NOW, I was not using a CFD or Spreadbetting account. I was using a SIMPLE ONLINE NOMINEE SHAREDEALING ACCOUNT ON EXECUTION ONLY. When I signed in to the MarketMaster, it said that there was a Permanent Dealing Limit og £7,500 but when I start using it I found the ATI, that is not mentioned in their factual info and terms. The ATI allowed me to borrow over 300% of my portfolio value. The ATI was doubling and tripling while my account was negative, luring me to invest more to dilute. I always ended up having to sell my own shares as collateral to repay the shortfall. This is a MARGIN/HIGH LEVERAGE gambling platform and I was not suitable to use it, since I never invested before in my life. In less than 2 years I was allowed to buy 10 MILLION POUNDS WORTH OF SHARE with £80K. This is market abuse. After six months Barclays finally admitted that I was using the account on 300% leverage, but justified to the adjudicator that THE MARKETMASTER WAS NOT DESIGNED TO OPERATE THE WAY I WAS USING IT. I should have had an APPROPRIATENESS TEST AND FAILED IT. This is market abuse with a misleading gambling platform. Barclays deliberatelly ruined my life and it is misleading the adjudicator.

“Don't touch these guys”

Written on: 10/12/2012 by Snoopjb69 (1 review written)

If charging you per transaction wasn't enough (which it bloody well is) - Barclays thrive on hidden penalty charges, I'm convinced this is how they got out of the recession. They charged me once whilst I was away because my account was overdrawn by a few pennies (which they effectively concealed from me) and rather than waiting for me to get back to them they sold 75% of my shares completely indiscriminately so I arrived home to a tiny portfolio (and to boot, most of them were sold for under my… Read Full Review

Freitas's Response to Snoopjb69's Review

Written on: 17/05/2013

I would like to get in touch with you as im reporting them to the FCA is already underway we together can make them pay for what they did wich looks against the FCA rules like like you they did desame to us we lost out big time

Freitas's Response to Snoopjb69's Review

Written on: 25/11/2013

Yes that is what ATI does, you buy the shares with their money ,then they buy back from you because they are brokers they buy shares ans sell , buy cheaper tahn they sold to you plus fees and interest rates ,Well we are fighting this join us ,and stop other peoples fall od the same trap .

Read 2 Comments

“Website and System Down Again”

Written on: 18/07/2012

16th July. Website down again - the basics are not in place let alone what is needed for a 'professional' dealing service… Read Full Review

“Barclays No major problems”

Written on: 20/03/2012 by GRIMWD1 (1 review written)

I use Barclays to occasionally buy and sell shares in both a Market master account and an ISA I have never had a major problem with them, Limit orders get filled as expected,and still send paper statements if you like (Which I do) Linking your Bank account means money is taken direct from your account quickly and efficently,also linking any trading accounts keeps dealing costs to a minimum Negs are that they require high margin levels on their spread bet accounts (50% on Chariot, when others… Read Full Review

“rubish ”

Written on: 19/03/2012 by freitas (1 review written)

they are only good if you have lot of money on your account after that ,they treat you like rubish they lie they promess you things then after a while they removed them ,customers service realy bad… Read Full Review

Slad2Blues's Response to freitas's Review

Written on: 20/04/2012

I have to say I don't know what problem freitas has with the Barclays service.What promises is he on about? Could he enlighten us?
I've been with them for years without any hassle,unlike another well known institution who managed to lose my portfolio!
A great amount of money in one's account is not necessary although it must be said that there is not much point in only buying £20 worth of shares.Dealing costs are competitive, customer service and sending out invoices is satisfactory.

Freitas's Response to freitas's Review

Written on: 23/04/2012

I explain ,they recomended an online account ,while i was only buy on certeficated account i fall fot it went on to back up that account to 37.000 pounds as i ddid not know how their available to invest worked ,. When i was loosing money try to recover it and asked them to remove the available to invest for wich they refused .at that point i only wanted to use my money but their fees were more important to them .
Then one fine day i sold out shares from the ceryteficated account and bought others transfer the money to their account to pay for them ,paid fine , then one day i found out they had taken the money out of that account transfer to the market master and sold my shares at a loss without contacting me ,.

They forward 3 times the vailable on your account is like incoraging peoples to gamble ,so called available to invest ,then when they can see you have almost no money lefte on your portfollio ,they stop the available to invest without even contac you . When you i called they went as nices as pie promess everything low fees ,barxs level one for free all ,then after one year they removed everything and they treaed me like i was no longer of their interest ,even said if you not happy go elsewhere .

But ofcourse not till i had over 20.000 pounds on my account ,only when they saw litle money in the account . My advise is nobody should use their upfront money is only disigned to boost their accounts after 3 days 40.00 pounds letter plus interests ,and how can they give you 15.000 pounds upfront money when you only have 5.000 on the account what is the take ? helping investers no ,their market makers will help them out

“Annoying backward step”

Written on: 21/02/2012 by Pimsim (1 review written)

Agree with the other reviews, the new site is a backward step. It is particularly annoying that you can no longer set up an order ready for the markets to open at 8am. Now you have to wait for the market to open before all of the deal options are available for selection. Imagine what a Barclays in-house trader would say if you tried to impose that kind of change!! Has the feel of IT staff with little experience of what the customer really needs coming up with an over-engineered solution… Read Full Review

“Old site great, new one apalling”

Written on: 06/02/2012 by Iforlondon (1 review written)

New website is atrocious, slow and too confusing. It is mostly empty space and depressing black and grey. The excellent research facilities are gone, the news against stocks is almost non existent. I assume that they could not afford to maintain the old site and pay the bonusses… Read Full Review