E & L Pet Insurance www.eandl.co.uk

E and L Pet Insurance www.eandl.co.uk - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for E and L Pet Insurance www.eandl.co.uk

“Discusting”

written by ROSIEHEART on 15/04/2024

I've paid £9,500 pounds with this company and when I needed help at a very difficult time refused to pay out. They couldn't find my policy, they never sent me any renewals yet they were happy to take my money. When they did finally find my policy I wasn't insured for death even though on my original policy I was. Disgusting! Hard enough time as it is.

“Customer Experience Officer”

written by Carolellen59 on 30/11/2023

Thank you for resolving an issue for me so quickly and efficiently. In general speaking with the customer service team at E & L has been a delight. In big organisations these days, this is unusual. Thanks again.

“Huge Deductions”

written by 105Carr on 29/11/2023

I have been insured with them for 8 years the vet charged £1400,to operate on my dog. E&L after deductions only paid out £895 huge deductions. They also sent me notice that they would also not cover the same problem at renewal in 5 months time but cover existing for one year once the claim started. If you want full comprehensive cover avoid this Company at all costs, . They accepted the claim (good)but quite slow and huge deductions (Bad). Only covered just over 60% of the costs ( shocking and v poor).

“AVOID AT ALL COSTS”

written by reviews2022 on 21/07/2022

After going through a traumatic time with our girl, and having to unfortunately make the heartbreaking decision to have her put to sleep, we placed a claim through for her medical expenses, as we were ASSURED by the insurance company this would be fully taken care of. Received a letter confirmation today with the settlement figure of £82 from a £500 bill.........16% of the full bill! The whole ordeal was devastating enough but to receive this was an absolute p!!!!!ss take!! This is NOT why I took out insurance at all, and just shows that there is absolutely no compassion where money is concerned!!! Needless to say, I have cancelled all policies so I never have to deal with these sh!!!!1!!t shows again!!!

““Your dog is insured for £3,500.” Sort...”

written by MerlinD on 20/12/2021

“Your dog is insured for £3,500.” Sort of!, It’s actually £1000 per condition, and there are so many excess charges. Our cover was for £3,500. The vet’s fees were £3175. E&L paid out £585. When I emailed queries I got no reply. When I phoned, I was told they had already replied by email.

“Mind the Excess”

written by Somervilleja10 on 27/04/2021

Great customer service. However, after all the excesses were accounted for when I made a claim for Vet fees I would have been financially better off without have any pet insurance. Be warned.

“A waste of money - better to pay vet bills”

written by Knobbyss on 20/04/2021

So many exclusions. Teeth not covered. Wouldn’t pay out for diagnosis prior to termination. Because we’d tried unsuccessfully to make a claim during the policy year, no pro-rata rebate. This is absolutely shameful treatment, and we will never be using these again for a future dog.

“The worst insurance ever! ”

written by Gina11 on 15/06/2020

I was with them for 2 years and sadly my dog died as he had cancer. I had to pay £95 excess + 35% of the vets fees and they don’t even cover euthanasia! Do they expect me to bash him with hammer or what?? Never I had problem with pet insurance where they wouldn’t pay for euthanasia! I would be better off if I didn’t pay the insurance at all and just paid it all from my pocket! I paid £25/month so do the math..

“DON’T WASTE YOUR MONEY ”

written by Baronr146 on 14/09/2019

We had a terrible incident recently where our horses were maliciously attacked and given some form of drugs as some sort of prank. One pony died and the other was seriously ill and we nearly lost him too. Our ponies have been well looked after, never had to have a vet attend over the 12 years we had them and I’ve never had to claim. The incident was extremely traumatic and stressful, we have had the police involved and they have been amazing. E&L paid out for the vet bills but have refused to pay out for the death of our pony Chester, and despite explaining the situation and that both claims were connected. They have no intention of paying, I am so angry that I have escalated my complaint and I am going to the ombudsman. If our pony had been stolen they would of paid out ! Makes no sense at all, insurance is there to assist us and to take the worry out of difficult situations involving our pets. They are happy to take our money and are not willing to pay out, every situation should be treated individually with care and consideration I shouldn’t have to beg for what is rightfully mine. Our vets have been amazing and are in contact to check on our remaining horse, because we didn’t have a post-mortem and even after being told that blood tests wouldn’t confirm what drugs were given they are refusing to pay out. Do not use this company.

“I Would Not Recommend To A Friend Or Enemy ”

written by exWaddell455 on 14/06/2018

Hi, for the those having problems with this rubbish company, please follow these instructions, and I am sure you will have a changed attitude in the cavalier war they treat the FSA. Go to the Financial Ombudsman Service website - on the tabs at the top select "How to complain" You will see steps 1 - 2. Follow these implicitly and in your correspondence include "Complaint Requiring final response." Also, there is a freephone number ring and tell them your story the people the better. If you use email - the email address is only on your policy not on the website (I wonder why). As it states on the FSO website, they have eight weeks to reply - I am sure this will be a lot quicker. The Financial Ombudsman Service has teeth, not like some that you have to deal with - happy hunting any successes post a comment on this review, and it may inspire others to stand up to this firm.

“My horse was admitted to an equine hospital and was...”

written by looby6666 on 06/06/2018

My horse was admitted to an equine hospital and was sadly diagnosed with a cancerous tumor just over a week later (after 2 CT scans and numerous scopes). E & L are paying for the medical side of the claim (although months on, this is still not paid). I was not told that I needed to put a separate claim in for his death until I asked about when they would pay me for his death. They have refused to pay for his death (despite him having a PM in which the vets advised that the cancer would have also been in other organs) because I did not ask their permission to have MY suffering horse PTS

“One to avoid”

written by McCaffreylk347 on 04/06/2018

I would have given this company no stars if I were able to.I have been insured with E&L for over 9 years and all goes swimmingly until you want to claim. It has been 2 months since my first claim went in and 3 e mails from me have been completely ignored but I swiftly recevied an e mail not long after I put in the claim for my dog with a list of exclusions to my policy going back several years! They are very difficult to get hold of on the phone and when I did get through they confimed that my claim has been authorised but will not give you a timescale of when the claim will be paid. The customer service is appalling. As all pet owners are aware Vet bills are expensive and when you have to pay upfront you would expect your claim to be paid promptly. It is not the case with this company. We will be getting another dog shortly and will not be using this comany to provide insurance cover and neither would I recommend them to anyone.

“Taken over 10 weeks to pay after accepting liability”

written by Ishaane459 on 23/02/2018

I made a claim in November 2017, it was improved in December 2017 and it's still not paid on the 23rd of February 2018 and have notified I will not receive the money for another few days. My vet demands payment up front so I have been out of pocket over a thousand pound, over Christmas too. This is shocking, insurance is meant to protect you, how has it protected me in the last few months, when paying bills, mortgages or buying food while a thousand pound down, some people could have been over drawn, struggling to pay bills, miss mortgage payments as the result of this, what would be the point in the insurance if it takes this long just to pay. I understand it taking ages to investigate a claim if it was complex but they accepted liability months ago in December. What is more frustrating, their moody staff don't have an ounce of compassion when considering that first of all our pet, a member of our family has been ill, which for some will be upsetting enough, but then being over a thousand pound down over the Christmas period is for some could mean not being able to buy presents for some of their family members, even if people don't expect to receive them, people still experience the frustration if they can't give them. Then the fact I have just been out of pocket for months anyway, no compassion, in fact they seem more annoyed that I dare be frustrated with their service, Apparently they had so many claims recently that they are 10 weeks behind schedule, statistically speaking 10 weeks behind seems a little outside standard deviation, more likely you don't have enough staff as trying to maintain profits, if you can't afford the staff to deliver the protection in time to be considered protecting then you should not be taking money from customers, shouldn't even be legally allowed to operate if you can't provide the protection you're taking money off people for I understand

Jacx61's Comment

Written on: 23/05/2018

My vets require payment up front my claim for my dog has been in since end January, my dog has since died (8 weeks ago) so very upset, insurance company are aware of this and I am still waiting for the claim from January to pay out, have phoned and emailed loads of time. Also before they will look into paying out for his death they want his pedigree papers- he was not a pedigree! WILL NOT BE USING AGAIN DISGUSTING

“avoid like the plague!”

written by MarlieStone on 15/02/2018

I would have given them no stars if that was one of the options available! I work in a veterinary practice & regularly submit claims to all different insurance companies & would say that they are without doubt THE WORST I have ever had to deal with in terms of actually paying out, particularly with direct claims. I am constantly chasing them for payment for claims which are taking up to 3 months to pay out! they may be easy to set up policies as several people have said but just wait til you need to make a claim & you will find out just how awful they are!!

“Do not insure with these people ”

written by wzMitchell345 on 09/11/2017

After 6 weeks of a claim being in they are still asking for evidence that I have already supplied. Upon phoning they deny sending emails and say that is still being assessed. Coupled with the fact that they have already excluded the condition from my policy without even having assessed it properly has given me a truly horrible experience. The last time I claimed they “lost”my vaccine card which they asked for then turned down the claim as I hadn’t submitted the evidence asked for. Avoid unless you like hassle

Tonyleach8162's Comment

Written on: 10/11/2017

Same for me total ripoff company go to the Ombudsmen that's what I going to do

“No as bad as people say ”

written by Manilow112 on 16/10/2017

I have a diamond policy with EL, covers £6000a year per ilness, i waited 8 weeks no too bad, £40 a month for two german shepherds, i know 35% for dogs over 8 my neice has a akita she claimed for, but now morethan put policy up to £200 a month, so its a bit of a rip off both ways, as long as you keep to terms and conditions you should be fine. I know what you mean about staff., they can be very sharp, but please dont worry about them no paying out, i read one reveiw someone saying there dog broke a leg and EL did no pay out because vaccinations were no up to date, they would pay you no probs, its only the case if your pet comes down with ilnesses that vaccinations would have prevented, on my claim my dogs were no up to date, but i got paid, as claim had no bearing on my claim, this myth could stop people taking in rescue dogs as people will think they cant insure because of lack of vaccinations, dont worry they can be insured

“Excess”

written by vsPotter272 on 20/09/2017

DO NOT GO NEAR THIS COMPANY I HAVE LEARNT THE HARD WAY GO FOR A SET PREMIUM AND EXCESS. I have just made my 1st claim for my staffie who is nearly 10 following an op costing nearly £1400 I was required to pay up front and had to take a loan to cover it. Only after waiting nearly 3 weeks and making a complaint did I receive a settlement still yet to be paid but the most alarming fact is of my £1400 I am only getting back £864 as they have deducted £95.set excess followed by £468 a further 35% excess. They inform me this is because my dog is a senior and are liable to more claims and they do this so as not to increase monthly premiums I would prefer to know what I am paying. I have escalated my complaint and will be contacting the insurance ombudsman if needed.

Manilow112's Comment

Written on: 16/10/2017

Yes double excess over £1000, 35% for dogs over 8years, 2 times £95 excess, i fared abit better i paid out £1295 got £1006 back, but my dog was under 8 years, reading reveiws some say they dont pay if injections are no up to date, this is un true as long as the ilness could not have been prevented by having uptdate vaccinations, your fine,, but remember dogs over 8 pay 35% towards cost

“TERRIBLE PET INSURANCE”

written by billydolly on 14/08/2017

BEEN AWAITING IT SEEMS FOREVER JUST TO HEAR FROM THEM.WHEN YOU DO ITS A COMPLETE RUNAROUND.IT SEEMS THEY HAVE NO INTENTION OF PAYING OUT.AND WILL FIND ANY WHICH WAY THEY CAN NOT TOO.JUST WIPED MY MOUTH OF THEM.AND PAID MYSELF.BUT WILL BE WRITING TO BBC WATCHDOG.RIP OFF BRITTAIN AND ONBUDSMAN.I THINK EVERY ONE SHOULD.COMPANYS LIKE THIS SHOULD NOT BE TRADING.AND TAKING MONEY FOR NOTHING.

“Shocking Customer Service”

written by Luna249 on 13/07/2017

I have been waiting for nearly 2 months to be paid out for my dogs vets bill which is nearly £900. Despite 3 phone calls telling me they work strictly to date order and promises of the claim has been passed it is just waiting to be paid I still have received nothing. My dog died of this illness 4 weeks ago!! Shocking service would not recommend them to anybody. Serious Customer Service issues.

“Terrible customer service they should be ashamed”

written by garymorrissey on 07/07/2017

Promised 3 times they would ring me back and everytime i had to chase them. Seems to be a tiny company trying to trade as a large one.

Asked by deniseburgin1952 on 5th March 2018 Report this content
I have a pet insurance with them but I cannot find the reference number or a telephone number for them. Where can I find this information?

Asked by odappip on 18th March 2016 Report this content
I have found that I've been charged twice. What should I do?

Answers (1)
Report this content Rosa666 Written on: 18/03/2016
Not sure, but I think contact their administration? It's probably just a billing error Can't recommend this company generally I'm afraid Unless it's changed significantly since I used it (few years ago now) When it came to claiming they made it extremely difficult Had to get additional letters from the vet after it was turned down etc Vets hate E and L - ask yours - they'll probably tell you why better than me Paid for years for the 2 dogs and only ever had 2 claims, both less than £1,200, neither were settled Just so-called goodwill payments for around half the amount, following a lot of hassle Apparently most companies settle claims directly with the vet Not these guys : (
Asked by susielooe on 1st July 2015 Report this content
What is the excess percentage?

Answers (2)
Report this content Rosa666 Written on: 04/07/2015
Sorry, Been a good while since I had the dogs insured with them But they never paid out fully anyway Only made 2 claims and they argued about both for ridiculous reasons Then made token payouts Any excuse to get out of paying But hey, don't take my word or that of any other adverse comments on this thread for it Just ask any vet for their opinion of E and L, as a pet insurer, when it comes to paying up!
Report this content susielooe Written on: 06/07/2015
i am seriously thinking of leaving them now,thankyou for your reply