Citibank Savings Account Reviews

Citibank Savings Account - Ask a question now

“Utterly rubbish. I've never had as bad an experience...”

Written on: 10/11/2010

Utterly rubbish. I've never had as bad an experience with a bank. Stay well clear!!! Phone service was awful - incompetent and inflexible. The website was very user unfriendly. It took weeks to shut my account (in fact I'm still not sure they are going to be able to close it). When transferring my closing account balance THEY made the transfer for 2 pence too much, and then proceeded to charge me £25 for THEIR mistake! I then phoned to complain and they told me that I need to phone back in 2… Read Full Review

“The most appalling telephone service I have ever...”

Written on: 22/12/2009

The most appalling telephone service I have ever encountered, and I have encountered bad telephone service in the past.

I opened a flexible saver account with Citibank, only to discover a month later that I didn't need the account. Having never used it, I wanted to request account closure (I don't want an unused open account in my name).

I spent 1 hour 15 minutes on the phone (thankfully, an 0800 number) and, at the end of the call, I was back to square one.

In summary, I had to activate… Read Full Review

“I think Citibank is a good bank but there is a...”

Written on: 28/03/2008

I think Citibank is a good bank but there is a question mark against its exposure to risky mortgage lending. Whether it is big enough to weather the storm… Read Full Review