AMP NPI Pension Reviews

AMP NPI Pension - Ask a question now

“I give AMP 0 out of 5 in all areas.( although I had to...”

Written on: 24/10/2010 by david alcock (1 review written)

I give AMP 0 out of 5 in all areas.( although I had to give 1 star in order to complete the form) I transfered an ocupational pension to Pearl Assurance, an annual bonus was paid every year. Soon after AMP bought out Pearl, they reported they had a difficult trading for that year and would not be paying a bonus, that was 7 years ago and each year since then they have claimed difficult trading conditions and not paid a bonus.How are they still operating? Are they in breech of contract? do they… Read Full Review

Dfautos's Response to david alcock's Review

Written on: 23/09/2012

I am in the same position with my Pearle pension.I was sold the pension on the basis it gave guaranteed yearly bonuses.When these stopped,in my mind that puts Pearle in breach of contract and i am now going to pursue this matter with the pensions ombudsman.Lets all do this as Pearle are clearly ripping us off.
I complained to them and received a brush off letter,but they have picked on the wrong person this time and I WILL pursue my claim with them.
David Fensome

Read 1 Comment
☆☆☆☆☆

“I used to be pleased with my NPI pension, because it...”

Written on: 15/05/2009

I used to be pleased with my NPI pension, because it gave a good choice of external fund managers. Then, when NPI withdrew all of these external options, I instructed them to transfer my funds to a new company. After months of hassling them to make the transfer, and multiple requests for information, NPI finally closed my account and transferred my balance ... two weeks after disinvesting my funds. What did they do with my money during those two weeks? Kept it for themselves, of course! No… Read Full Review

☆☆☆☆☆

“100% dissapointed - zero service, zero...”

Written on: 05/02/2008 by brianback (1 review written)

100% dissapointed - zero service, zero assistance. Pass SIPPS over from one trusteee to another without informing customers. Lose contributions. Unable to help with enquires - expect customers to do all the work… Read Full Review

Guest's Response to brianback's Review

Written on: 13/06/2011

I can only agree with the comments of the previous reviewers. I have been trying to convert from a pension to an annuity with a part lump sum payment and a regular income thereafter. NPI initially quoted me a figure in March this year. I signed the forms and returned them. Nothing happened until I received a further quotation in early May. I returned the forms once again and nothing. I telephoned on 2nd June and was told that it would take 10 working days for the money to reach my account. I have still not received the funds into my account and continually encounter the NPI smokescreen whenever I telephone. Apparently it has had to go to their manual calculation department who have now passed it on to administration to make the payout. Hmm I wonder!

Read 1 Comment
☆☆☆☆☆

“I have a pension with AMP NPI as part of a Group...”

Written on: 22/08/2004 by dgleed (4 reviews written)

I have a pension with AMP NPI as part of a Group Personal Pension Plan. When my employer changed their pension provider to Scottish Widows, I requested to transfer the finds from NPI to my new pension.

NPI have lost my discharge papers twice. I have been unable to speak to anyone in the 'Transfer Department' because they don't take calls - I get promised a call back within 5 working days and have never received one.

When I complained, I was promised a call back from a Customer Service Manager… Read Full Review

202481_Andson's Response to dgleed's Review

Written on: 19/07/2005

I too have had problems with NPI Pension. When I changed jobs I telephoned NPI, and told them that I had changed jobs and that until I had completed a probabtionary period with my new employers I wished to continue with my pension. This took 6 months before things finally were set up. After a further 6 months, I wanted to transfer to another policy... 7 months later I am still waiting!!! I have stopped my account and have not received any correspondence from them!!! Do they want my money?

Elainedsmyth's Response to dgleed's Review

Written on: 06/09/2005

I would strong advise anyone being recommended a policy from AMP NPI or considering taking out a policy with AMP NPI to avoid them completely. They are the most incompetent people I have ever had the displeasure of dealing with. We had a company stakeholder pension scheme with these people. Because their level of service was so bad (for too many reasons to go into right now) we moved the scheme to Scottish Equitable. However, to cut a long story short, it is almost one year later and despite various e-mails/letters/phone calls, we have still not had any issues resolved, therefore the funds with them have still not been transferred into the new scheme. We are now considering detailing the whole line of events to the Financial Ombudsman.

Read 2 Comments