Tesco Clubcard Reviews

• Quality of Incentives

Summary

The Tesco Clubcard is perhaps the best-known supermarket loyalty card. With clubcard points available on anything from Tesco Car Insurance to Tesco petrol purchases, this loyalty card is extremely popular.

If you're a Tesco Club Card holder, send us a review and tell us what you think of it!

Tesco Clubcard - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Tesco Clubcard

Tesco Clubcard
Tesco Clubcard

“Save more by shopping else where”

Written on: 09/09/2021 by ValerieGustafson (1 review written)

Tesco has to be the most expensive supermarket there is. I live on a rough estate (not as it used to be) and with my dad being a delivery driver for tesco, has told me that they refused to deliver here years ago. So tesco decided to create a huge superstore to cater for the entire large estate, monopolising the area for there is nothing else locally. However the store is always empty with a large carpark that the top floor never has a car parked there as they can't even fill the ground floor… Read Full Review

“Tesco Clubcard rewards an expensive mistake for us”

Written on: 11/08/2021 by ivMonroe40 (1 review written)

I have shopped with Tesco for years. Between my partner and I we spend £170 per week on a family shop. I am now moving to another supermarket on the strength of this experience. I had saved a lot of clubcard vouchers and decided to have a nice freebie treat at a local cinema. The Gate Picturehouse in Notting Hill is a beautiful old cinema that deserves to be valued. Unfortunately, Picturehouse run it. Picturehouse are a Tesco Clubcard 'partner'. That means that when you collect points, you can… Read Full Review

“Contrived clubcard prices”

Written on: 17/06/2021 by Aylinp279 (1 review written)

Tesco pricing has become so contrived that they penalise you for not joining their loyalty scheme. I consider it a form of blackmail. No longer can you find half price offers etc, everything is now a Clubcard price. This means that if you don't have a Clubcard or happen to forget it, then you could be charged DOUBLE for your shopping. Why should customers be forced into joining your loyalty scheme, to take advantage of a fair price for a product Sainsbury's don't do it, Asda doesn't do it… Read Full Review

Thetruthhurts894's Comment

Written on: 17/06/2021

You didn't actually expect Tesco to be open and honest, did you?
They will try to deceive and confuse everyone they deal with, suppliers, customers, staff, government regulators. You name it Tesco has done it.
In 2016 the Supermarket Ombudsman, after an investigation of Tesco, going back to 2013, found that Tesco had deliberately delayed paying their suppliers.
The accounting scandal saw them fined £235 million in 2017 by the Serious Fraud Office for overstating profits.
In September 2020 Tesco pleaded guilty to 22 breaches of the Food Safety and Hygiene Regulations for selling out of date food in AT LEAST 3 stores in Birmingham (between 2016 and 2017) and was fined nearly £8 million
In June 2021 The European Court of Justice ruled that shop floor staff (mostly women) should have equal pay compared with warehouse workers (mostly male) who currently earn £3 more
In March 2020 Tesco had a data breach in which hackers stole personal details of over 600,000 Tesco Clubcard holders, including usernames, passwords personal data, the lot.
So yes of course, the Clubcard pricing scam is just that, a form of deception with the penalty of being charge Double if you don't comply.
Tesco will continue to trick and deceive everyone they deal with, suppliers, regulators, staff and of course customers Do not be deceived into thinking you are getting a bargain as way of thanks for your custom. You are not.
BTW I recently found out that most of the bread they sell as "Freshly Baked In-Store" is just that. It's not freshly MADE in store, it's just baked. It comes in frozen and pre-made and then they just heat it up to give you that freshly baked appearance.
Tescos slogan "Every Little Helps" should read "Every Little (lie) Helps (tesco)"

Read 1 Comment

“Better deals without the vouchers ”

Written on: 26/03/2021 by fgHurley131 (1 review written)

There are hardly any reward partners anymore. The clubcard points are pretty hard to spend now. I’ve used them on hotels and holidays but the prices are fixed and overinflated for clubcard users. They’re only really worth spending in store. And they’ve scrapped the boost now too so the ability to increase the value of the points in store has gone. Tesco direct is no more which was another good deal. You’re better off shopping elsewhere and saving money on your shopping at the likes of… Read Full Review

“Voucher codes did not work!”

Written on: 31/12/2020 by Aldenz453 (1 review written)

Some years ago I went to the bother of converting the vouchers for use in Milano's. Had over 100 euro in vouchers. On first visit a voucher worked, but subsequently they did not. I spoke with some people over the years who told me how they had similar experiences, onetime when travelling, and being lucky they had alternative way to pay, when vouchers not working… Read Full Review

“16-25 railcard”

Written on: 06/09/2020 by Mrsworden (1 review written)

I used £10.00 vouchers to purchase a Railcard worth £30.00 my son a student in Scotland, can get some fantastic savings on pre-booked tickets,or even a last minute decision to travel home. After checking prices on line for a ticket from Dundee to Wigan can vary from £100.to £45. Depending on day of travel and how far in advance you book for a return. There are big savings for a student Railcard. It can be used anywhere in UK. Even local train travel gives savings. Well worth the £10.00… Read Full Review

“Worthless vouchers”

Written on: 14/07/2020 by Scotty66 (3 reviews written)

So i have just received £17 worth of vouchers. Spend £50 instore and get £7 week one, followed by 2x £5 off £50 for weeks 2 and 3. FANTASTIC!! We can all do with a bit of help at this difficult time. My husband has been made redundant and I'm registered disabled and currently still isolating at home. The only problem with my vouchers? They are for use instore only!! How am I supposed to use them when i can't leave the house. I was just about to do my weekly Tesco online shop but I think I… Read Full Review

Mrsworden's Response to Scotty66's Review

Written on: 06/09/2020

It something for your loyalty. Not clubcard savings

Read 1 Comment

“Beware when renewing your RAC membership with Tesco...”

Written on: 01/02/2020 by dutchy07 (1 review written)

Beware when renewing your RAC membership with Tesco club card vouchers! I have been using this method for a few years and this year I was shocked at the price hike considering the fact that I have never called the RAC out but still the price jumps in leaps and bounds. I called the RAC and after 10-15 minutes negotiated a price that was only £5 higher than a new member discount. result I thought! Got the renewal that was negotiated and set about cashing in my points for RAC vouchers. When it… Read Full Review

“Tenpin”

Written on: 02/08/2019 by 66Kincaid (1 review written)

I redeemed my Tesco vouchers for a TENPIN voucher. It cost me £5 to make the compulsory online booking. I was charged £14:30 per adult for two games plus a booking fee. At the bowling alley they were charging £10 for two games. So all in all instead of getting 2/3 off the price I ended up with just 1/3. Very disappointing and waste of points. The bowling experience was good but deal misleading… Read Full Review

Written on: 06/09/2020

It sounds like your particular bowling alley was talking advantage. This has not been my experience. I use L.A Bowl and it's been two free games for a family of 4

Read 1 Comment

“hotel com and tesco clubcard”

Written on: 01/08/2019 by Crossfx461 (1 review written)

I have spent much time trying to book one night in a UK hotel on HOTEL .COM WHICH SAYS IT TAKES TESCO VOUCHERS AS DOES TESCO SITE. Having given my voucher number and credit card to pay I waited for the promised e mail. Each time -4 times - the site said hotel was being contacted. Each time afterwards, it said 'connection problem' My worry was have these vouchers been cashed has the credit card been registered etc. This is not the hotel it is Hotel.com. I phone twice they wanted me to give the… Read Full Review

“Where are my club card vouchers???”

Written on: 26/05/2019 by KevinRP (1 review written)

Despite spending lots of money on Tesco groceries I still have NOT received the vouchers I am entitled to.Has my loyalty been rewarded?......as yet an emphatic NO!!!… Read Full Review

Mrsworden's Response to KevinRP's Review

Written on: 06/09/2020

Have you rang the free telephone number on the club card. To ask if there going to the correct address. And required resupply of missing points. Any customer service desk can help you to ring the telephone number in store and get it sorted

Read 1 Comment

“would rather shop at Herons or Sainsburys”

Written on: 20/04/2019 by jude89 (1 review written)

Denied by cashier and store manager to get food i needed for weekend cos didnt spend every penny on clubcard voucher was spoke to like i was dumb rang helpline and had to ask 8 times for my account to be closed clubcards in bin and app deleted. Will NEVER be shopping at Tesco again and also when u get vouchers its only 10% of what you spend u get back its £1 per 1 point am also leaving tesco mobile network too… Read Full Review

Mrsworden's Response to jude89's Review

Written on: 06/09/2020

It won't go through the till unless you spend the exact amount stated on the voucher or even spend more .what is your problem it's not rocket science.

“had enough”

Written on: 14/09/2018

I am cutting my card up - finally had enough after I presented my 10 percent off if you spend more than £40 for my usual weekly shop to be told it didn't include alcohol. I had spent £43 on a fairly balanced diet, only one bottle of prosecco and some cider to export over the border. It was suggested I go and get some more food items but I chose, with restraint not to spend another £10 on useless calories just to get my discount. I am sick of carting around bits of paper to find they are out… Read Full Review

Written on: 06/09/2020

It's a government law newly introduced if a bottle of wine is under a certain price no store in England is allowed to give you extra discount I think it's £4.00 this includes the extra saving at till.

“Hotels.com Clubcard Voucher”

Written on: 17/02/2018 by DeaconMcKinley (1 review written)

I am posting this review on here as the Tesco moderation panel have refused to post it on the clubcard site as it does not meet their standards. Even though it is an accurate account of my recent experience and there is nothing abusive in the content! Beware!!! I have tried to book a hotel through the Hotels.com clubcard voucher.I read through the process, understood that I could not use the voucher for the taxes and trusted Tesco when they stated on their booking process that any reference… Read Full Review

“Tesco just BANNED my review from their Clubcard portal!!”

Written on: 01/02/2018 by fabulousme (1 review written)

Clearly Tesco Clubcard don't want me to tell the truth to other Clubcard holders so they just 'moderated' = BANNED the following from their website. Unluckily for them I'm going to post it on as many other review sites as possible now! Enjoy... NO CHANGE GIVEN for Pizza Express vouchers so only convert £2.50 at a time Food is as expected for a standard pizza chain. Nothing fancy on the menu but the kids get plenty to eat on their meal deal. Tesco is trying to only give out £20 vouchers now… Read Full Review

Mrsworden's Response to fabulousme's Review

Written on: 06/09/2020

WHAT you honestly expected to get cash back. Get real. For a paper voucher given to you for free.

“Reward reduction.”

Written on: 18/01/2018 by Janeta258 (1 review written)

Absolutely disgusted with the news of Tesco reducing the rewards system, but not surprised. My family have been shopping in Tesco for over 20 years and also run a busy restaurant, spending in excess of £25000 in the store every year. We are regular diners and like to eat out, spending vouchers that we earn by shopping in Tesco. We have just been informed that we will now be losing 25% of our spending rights meaning that instead of £100 to spend out, it will be reduced to £75.00.. You are the… Read Full Review

Written on: 06/09/2020

It's still something for free. Try shopping in a different store you wouldn't get that. Also if you are using club card for business use. You shouldn't be getting anything at all ..

Alan64Singing's Comment

Written on: 06/09/2020

FREE.??. You know you actually have to spend money in the store first to earn the rewards right ??, (far from being free), and as for getting nothing if i run a business or shop for a business.??. The fact that anyone spends in the store should give them the equal right to earn the points also yes.??. That`s a bit like saying i cannot win the lottery because i have a business but i can buy the tickets though. lol. The point system is earned by spending, the more you spend, the more you earn, to then reduce the amount of rewards one can earn is a bad and unfair move on Tesco`s part. You`d soon have a moan up if your lottery win was reduced for no apparent reason. Comment was fair and justified. Their move was wrong and cost them customers.

Read 2 Comments

“getting Vouchers from Tesco for Butlins rewards”

Written on: 18/01/2018 by Browne268 (1 review written)

I can not believe I can contact Butlins and they tell me they have availability for a family holiday, part using Tesco Vouchers, but when I go on line I find out from Tesco's that the vouchers are out of stock, how can this be. Just print some more. Does anybody know when they will be back in stock as they did not have many room available at the time we want to use them. I then write a review on the Tesco Club Card system only to be told that "Our staff has read your review and values your… Read Full Review

“2 disappointing orders - how frustrating!”

Written on: 15/11/2017 by CarolAAdams (1 review written)

I recently ordered 2 lots of rewards 1) magazine subscription and 2) James Martin Denby Pasta Bowls. The magazine subscription was a complete farce - the email received from Tesco had a link to order the magazine (gift for my dad) and it didn't work. Despite them resending it twice the link was broken. I had to call them 3 times, eventually they ordered the magazine manually but the conf came through with my address instead of my dads - so I had to contact the mag issuer to amend the postal… Read Full Review

“I exchanged my Clubcard vouchers for Chef & Brewer...”

Written on: 12/11/2017 by imWaddell1988 (1 review written)

I exchanged my Clubcard vouchers for Chef & Brewer vouchers. I had problems using them and I complained to Chef & Brewer and I wrote a review on the Tesco website saying the staff at Chef & Brewer pubs were not informed fully of the terms and conditions of the vouchers. My review was moderated by Tesco and not published because my review did not meet their terms. I requested them to explain to me what terms did I not meet and they have not replied to me. It seems they want to publish good… Read Full Review

“Cheaper Room Rate if You Book Direct!”

Written on: 27/09/2017 by NDJFB00 (1 review written)

Booked into the Kilima hotel York, nice hotel, no issues here, but we spent £255.00 with vouchers PLUS an £105.00 on our credit card ( total of £360.00) for 2x nights inc Breakfast. HOWEVER the room rate as printed on our key card is £116.00, it means the vouchers are an expensive option for this this hotel, be warned… Read Full Review