Overclockers UK (Post February 2012) Reviews - www.overclockers.co.uk

Comment from Review Centre

Note from Review Centre: In February 2012 Overclockers was taken over by Case King GmBH / AF Gaming GmBH.

Media Gallery for Overclockers UK www.overclockers.co.uk (Post February 2012)

Overclockers UK www.overclockers.co.uk (Post February 2012)

“long time customer, disgusted, never buying from here...”

Written on: 26/04/2021 by AlistairNeil (1 review written)

Change of management recently ? What else could it be.... OCuk had a great reputation but it's slowly doing down the toilet. Ordered an "in stock" item on the 7th, chased up by email, chased by onsite ticket system. Phoned them, finaly a responce. I was told they might send out my "in stock" order at some point in the next 12 to 14 days, due to covid. Give me a break, my company is also doing business while dealing with covid, we dont treat out customers like this. Utterly hopeless. Will never buy from OCuk ever again, this final straw was the last one.

“Full refund given”

Written on: 15/10/2020 by dazbowski (1 review written)

Fabulous service, item was despached straight away and delivered perfectly. However I had ordered the wrong item. I contacted customer support and sent item back (I did pay this myself but it was my fault). Even though box had been opened and some bags split a full refund was given. Will 100% use again. Highly recommended.

“Amazing Support”

Written on: 10/08/2016 by justintime2001 (2 reviews written)

I have been buying from Overclockers UK for many years now and they just keep on getting better and better. When you make a purchase despatch is always quick. On the phone or face to face they are always polite, professional and very helpful. The level of after sales support must be the envy of the trade. The level of service and support I have received from Overclockers UK has always been the very best. I highly recommend Overclockers UK. Thank you OCUK.

“Excellent customer service”

Written on: 28/07/2016 by lukegarbutt (1 review written)

Prices are always on par with the rest of the big companies (usually cheaper), but even if they were more expensive I'd still shop there purely for the customer service, they are extremely helpful in all situations and I've never had an issue. Also extremely fast delivery, with an emailed confirmation on the day it will be delivered giving you a 1 hour window it will arrive (100x better than the 'we will deliver between 9-5 at some point hgopefully' you get elsewhere)

“Ordered a £2500 computer. It showed up broken and...”

Written on: 04/01/2016 by PieterHartzer (1 review written)

Ordered a £2500 computer. It showed up broken and without all the components that I paid for. Been two months now and still have not managed to get all my money back after returning it.

“A great community site with a great shop bolted on.”

Written on: 11/12/2015 by Celia386 (1 review written)

Always happy to help you with problems and advice when needed. Have been a happy customer for probably a decade, keep it real guys. TMS

“Top customer service”

Written on: 27/07/2015 by thebennyboy1 (1 review written)

Had multiple items from OcUK that went faulty around the same time, made a post in the customer service section of their forums. Spoke to a gentleman called who sorted it all out for me. Returned hassle-free, was also refunded postage costs. All returned items were dealt with the same day they were received back at OcUK. With my faulty Triton cooler i was told that it couldn't be refunded as it was more than 6 months, when they received it they refunded it! Turns out the person I dealt with sneaked in a refunded request as i had lost confidence in the cooler. Very please with the customer service! It's what keeps me shopping with them.

“A return sensibly and professionally handled”

Written on: 22/07/2015 by sheer808 (1 review written)

Had to return a graphics card (10 months old) under warranty. It was sent to the manufacturer and OcUK were able to offer what I considered a like for like replacement. I was dealt with very fairly and professionally and OcUK kindly covered courier charges. Couldn't ask for more, thank you.

“10/10 Would buy again”

Written on: 24/06/2015 by timothyng (1 review written)

Absolutely amazing after sales service. Had never had any problems with deliveries either. I don't usually bother to write reviews for a product but these guys are excellent. Had an unfortunate RMA on a DXRacer chair but was resolved as quick as anyone could hope by the OC Staff sales team. A couple of minutes on the phone and a forum post and everything was resolved. If you want quality service in the UK for computer hardware and accessories this is the shop you need to use. Other retailers don't even compare to the service this company can offer. At times you may see more competitive prices on websites such as scan.co.uk or amazon but if you are spending a big deal of money I would definitely recommend using overclockers as you get looked after even after the sale. Very good communication within the company.

“Oustanding customer service!”

Written on: 24/06/2015 by metamorphoses (1 review written)

My 3 week old Aorus X3 notebook encountered GPU hardware issues that necessitated a RMA repair. Due to unforseen circumstances, the RMA repair took far longer than expected. OcUK went beyond the call of normal customer service (especially for someone who had not even bought the X3 from them in the first place!) to ensure that I was provided with sufficient support after I posted in their forums for advice. They even put me in contact with Gigabyte's UK regional manager regarding my specific case. After some lengthy communications between different parties, I was eventually reassured by Gigabyte's UK regional manager that Aorus endeavours to provide the same quality of service that mirrors their premium brand. True to his word, I was kindly offered a new unit (sourced from OcUK) as the replacement parts for the RMA repair would not have arrived within an acceptable time-frame. OcUK and Aorus/Gigabyte seem to share a strong behind-the-scenes business partnership that enables extremely kind gestures such as the new replacement X3 that was gifted to me from OcUK via Aorus/Gigabyte. If anyone is thinking of getting a notebook from Aorus' portfolio via OcUK, you will NOT be disappointed by the exceedingly good support that backs this brand and from the resellers themselves. Thoroughly recommended!!

“Great, communicative customer service”

Written on: 11/06/2015

I have built an entire high spec PC, largely from components ordered through Overclockers (OCuk). In the instance of ordering and delivery, prices were competitive and also price matched - It is easy to contact OCuk with presales, delivery and technical queries through the comprehensive forums, available through the OCuk website. Staff and forum members / users are both available for contact and it is definitely worth your while chatting with staff if you are ordering a decent amount of kit. All orders I have placed have usually arrive next day, despite not asking for this and the DPD tracking system is really useful for timing the receipt of your order. In the rare instance that components were faulty upon receipt or had failed within the warranty period, OCuk were very good at dealing with the issues. I have had issues with two or three items, not necessarily specific to this RMA Code and OCuk have been spot on with the customer service. A very expensive piece of equipment recently failed on me within two months of purchase which was extremely annoying. I knew the item was covered by a 3 year warranty but regardless of this it was still pretty irritating. A quick message on the forums and I had a response within minutes suggesting troubleshooting options, technical assistance and ultimately an RMA code (effectively a returns code). RMA'ing a product works well also, with the ability to track the replacement or repair of your product, through your account online or via automatic email updates. I would totally recommend OCuk, on customer service alone, it is even better that they are price competitive and customer communicative. The individual that I dealt with was very helpful.

“Excellent Customer Service”

Written on: 02/06/2015 by bluebeatle (1 review written)

I recently shopped with Overclockers UK and had a problem with a gaming chair. It was missing two bolts. This was due to the manufacturer not including them. On contacting Overclockers they were extremely quick to rectify the issue and have now sent me the missing bolts. I have to thank Overclockers UK customer service rep for getting this sorted so quickly. He was very helpful and handled the problem with no fuss what so ever. A refreshing change from other companies I have had to deal with in the past. I would most definitely recommend OCUK to anyone thinking of purchasing from them. Their customer service is second to none.

“OCUK Excellent customer service as ever”

Written on: 25/05/2015 by muska (1 review written)

My experience with this order starts before the sale point, I asked via the forums if price matching was possible on the two Benq monitors I had my eye on or if a sale was pending on them. Although OCUK price match I couldn't find a place that had them in stock. Even so a lower than retail price was agreed as I was purchasing 2 and I collected them in person from the store. While there I observed several people getting good sound advice from the staff at the counter, never recommending parts that were overkill for what the customer required. Once I was home with my order one of the boxes was missing the power (kettle style) lead from the packaging. Not OCUK's fault and unfortunately these things can happen. A quick message via support on the forums and I had a fast response from staff member, to send one out to me at no cost or collect in store if convienent. Its service like this that keeps me coming back to OCUK and gives me confidence in them as a retailer and advisor. Cheers!

“Best customer service experience”

Written on: 25/05/2015 by casaubond (1 review written)

It is very easy to this days to buy over the internet and I do buy all my computer parts this way from specialist on line retailers. There are a few in UK , this is true but Overclockers UK is the best. Everyone will be happy to take away your money and the sale teams from all the on line retailers will bend over backward to satisfy you as the customer, in order to have your business. The real test is the way the customer service team deals with you. Especially in customer service department Overclockers UK is head and neck above the competition. This give the customer piece of mind that if there is anything wrong with the part they purchased, they will try their best to rectify it.

“Excellent customer service”

Written on: 10/05/2015 by Janaee22 (1 review written)

Bought a Gigabyte P34W v3 from them - which happened to be two days before a deal on the machine where it was at a discounted price and including a free aorus hoodie. When I received the laptop (next day delivery - with the bonus of being free for forum members as well as the courier giving a one hour time slot in the day making it easy to organise your time around it), unfortunately there was an issue that the chassis was bent (the laptop would rock back and forth diagonally on a flat surface because all four feet were not touching the surface) and the trackpad button was not level with the trackpad, sitting below leaving a sharp edge and making it awkward to press. I left a note on the forum and was quickly contacted by the resident gigabyte rep as well as an ocuk customer service rep who said they would replace it with a new machine. The gigabyte rep also added a free hoodie to my order. Collection was arranged by the ocuk rep for free, and they were even kind enough to provide free delivery of the replacement on a saturday - overall it was a smooth hassle free experience, completed within a week, and during the entire process the communication I received was fast, polite, professional and very helpful. The replacement itself functions well - the power/portability of this machine is second to none so kudos to gigabyte for designing such a machine - but like many modern laptops the complexity of these machines and competitiveness of the market leaves there always being a moderate chance of faults - and in the case of the P34W v3 the build quality is a little on the flimsy side when it comes to the chassis, keyboard and trackpad. However that is down to the engineering and design - looking at the stellar customer service I have received from both ocuk and gigabyte, I have total peace of mind that the support is there should I ever need to use it within the 2 year warranty period. I would sincerely recommend anyone considering a computing/technology purchase to shop at ocuk should they be selling the product you're looking for. And despite my experience with this laptop I would also solidly recommend gigabyte as a brand, for pushing the boundaries of high performance thin and light laptops where many manufacturers are still not quite there yet.

“Good Service From Start To Finish”

Written on: 07/05/2015 by Sean_UK (1 review written)

My GTX780Ti order arrived on time, but sadly card was faulty upon arrival; appeared to have faulty memory which was causing pink & green blocks over boot/desktop screen. So I contacted OCUK via customer service section of websites forum, staff replied quickly and arranged to send card back for testing. Within couple of days of me returning the component OCUK confirmed it was indeed faulty, replacement was agreed and shipped promptly (Replacement works fine). Build between three to five PC’s per year for family or friends using various parts purchased from the OCUK; and have yet to have a bad experience since I started shopping with them way back in 2006. In my opinion they the best UK based PC online shop for customer service.

“Great customer service”

Written on: 05/05/2015

I had an issue with a graphics card, and their customer service was great. They were very responsive to my queries, and when I returned the card, they tested it and sent out the replacement the same day, which I received the following day! They also refunded my return postage. The think the sign of a good retailer is how they treat their customers in the rare occasions when problems do occur, and OCUK live up to their excellent reputation. I can't recommend them highly enough.

“Failed Titan X replaced.”

Written on: 02/05/2015

My brand new Titan X failed. Overclockers supplied a replacement as soon as they were able to. While I was disappointed they did not have stock kept back in case of failure, demand for the card was such that I don't blame them. In particular the person I dealt with of OCUK was most helpful, arranging the return. I was advised how long it would take and they were as good as their word.

“Amazing customer service as always ”

Written on: 28/04/2015 by TomStokie (1 review written)

You can buy with confidence when buying anything at OcUK because should something go wrong (faulty item, missing items etc) OcUK will always be there to help all the time. I received an item that was faulty so I went on to the OcUK forums and made a post in the customer service section and explained my issues. I was then assisted by OcUK employee on the forums who helped me out all of the way and really made me feel like a valued customer. Royal Mail lost my return that I sent back to OcUK but no worries - she made sure this was resolved. 100% hassle free and amazing customer service. OcUK really are setting the standard and this is why they are the best computer retailer in the UK.

“Asus DSL-N66U failure”

Written on: 21/04/2015 by andicole0 (2 reviews written)

Bought this item from Overclockers but it failed to provide a stable connection to my ISP. After discussing the issue with both Asus and Overclockers the item has been returned. the person I dealt with at Overclockers was quick to respond and provided all you could ask for in such circumstances. Asus seem not to be aware of any on going issues with this item so I have ordered a replacement.