Alliance & Leicester Credit Card Reviews

Alliance & Leicester Credit Card
Alliance & Leicester Credit Card

Showing star rating of:

(cancel refinement)

“I have been with the Alliance & Leicester bank and...”

Written on: 03/04/2004 by bacchae (5 reviews written)

I have been with the Alliance & Leicester bank and credit card for over 10 years, but I am about to cut up their credit card.

They have recently sold out to MNBA and it shows.

In the past, I have had overdue charges refunded out of sheer customer relations from Alliance & Leicester but now I feel as if you are a number and nothing more.

I have started getting telephone calls offering to put money in my bank by creating a debt on my credit card. I am ex-directory and always ask not to be… Read Full Review

Nuttysandy's Response to bacchae's Review

Written on: 25/06/2005

I have had a Alliance&Leicester Credit Card since 2001 but I am about to close my account. Since MBNA have taken the Credit Card over the interest rates have rocketed! October last year the interest rate went from 18.9% to 19.9% then in Febuary this year it went up to 24.9%.
After speaking the MBNA about this I was offered a 2% drop in interest but would have to pay £25.00 to do so. I also asked how they could justify charging so much and this is what I was told.
It could be one of the three following reasons.
1. Bank interest charges. I was quick to point out if thats the case how do other lenders provide such better deals.
2. If a customer was making late or none payment. I again was quick to point out that wasnt the reason in my case. Where I was told no I can see that as I have your details infront of me.
3. There could be something on your credit file thats made your interest charges go up. Yet again I was quick to point out there was reason for this.
I feel as if Im being penalised for being a good and loyal customer.
After reading the other comment on this site Im pleased to know its not just me who feels this way.

Read 1 Comment