Alliance & Leicester Credit Card Reviews

Alliance & Leicester Credit Card - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Alliance & Leicester Credit Card

Alliance & Leicester Credit Card
Alliance & Leicester Credit Card

“Have had a Alliance & Leicester Credit Card for about...”

Written on: 17/04/2009 by 97SmithS (6 reviews written)

Have had a Alliance & Leicester Credit Card for about a year, now got a good credit limit the moneyback rewards are a nice feature (though not an exclusive one) and the interest is'nt to bad either. Customer service is good too. Overall not a bad bit of plastic… Read Full Review

“Have held a Alliance & Leicester credit card for over...”

Written on: 17/03/2009 by NJR73 (1 review written)

Have held a Alliance & Leicester credit card for over ten years now and the service i have received in the last few months has been shocking. Been in steady decline for a number of years now… Read Full Review

☆☆☆☆☆

“I have been with A&L now for a number of years, never...”

Written on: 19/05/2008 by Reefboy (1 review written)

I have been with A&L now for a number of years, never over impressed with their service (on average wait about 40 minutes anytime of day or night to get through)! But I guess I was just too lazy to look around! Also used to have my current banking with them up to about four years ago and changed for the same reason, communication. In April 06 I thought about changing my visa account and spoke with a A&L Cust Service Agent. I was paying 22.5% apr and thought it too high. I was offered a rate of… Read Full Review

“I have used this card for years and stayed with it -...”

Written on: 16/01/2008

I have used this card for years and stayed with it - even when the cashback rate reduced.
I assumed that cashback on other cards was similarly calculated until I compared some of the newer ones on offer.
I was amazed that I could double the amount I was earning - by just switching cards.
Interest rates and charges don't bother me - I always clear my balance in full.

“When using the Alliance & Leicester cash machines on a...”

Written on: 26/10/2007 by LESANNE (2 reviews written)

When using the Alliance & Leicester cash machines on a Saturday the money is debited instantly, but when paying for your credit card it takes four days resulting in late payment charge!! When credit is placed before statement date they ignore it after statement date and charge for 'late payment'… Read Full Review

“As stated in another review, this used to be a good...”

Written on: 28/03/2007 by bonzo26 (10 reviews written)

As stated in another review, this used to be a good value credit card operated well by Alliance and Leicester. It was sold to MBNA, who promised that there would be no deterioration in benefits.

MBNA quickly reduced the money-back benefits and increased the interest rates, and provided a lower quality of service. Current interest rates are excessive at 24.9%, but if you complain you can get them to reduce the rate for a period, but they delight in quoting interest rates in different forms -… Read Full Review

“Their cashback is not as competitive as that offered...”

Written on: 22/01/2007 by davewirral (3 reviews written)

Their cashback is not as competitive as that offered by the American Express Platinum credit card. They also send too many rubbish marketing leaflets with statements.

Not much to recommend the Alliance & Leicester credit card… Read Full Review

“I have had an Alliance and Leicester Credit Card since...”

Written on: 25/06/2005 by NuttySandy (1 review written)

I have had an Alliance and Leicester Credit Card since 2001 and I used to be very happy with it until MBNA took it over.

Since then the interest rate as rocketed! In October of last year in went from 18.9% to 19.9% then in Febuary it went up to a stagering 24.9%.

After speaking to MNBA and asking them how they can justify charging me so much I was told it could be because of one of the following three reasons.

1. Bank interest charges. I was quick to ask if that was the case how come other… Read Full Review

“I have been with the Alliance & Leicester bank and...”

Written on: 03/04/2004 by bacchae (5 reviews written)

I have been with the Alliance & Leicester bank and credit card for over 10 years, but I am about to cut up their credit card.

They have recently sold out to MNBA and it shows.

In the past, I have had overdue charges refunded out of sheer customer relations from Alliance & Leicester but now I feel as if you are a number and nothing more.

I have started getting telephone calls offering to put money in my bank by creating a debt on my credit card. I am ex-directory and always ask not to be… Read Full Review

Nuttysandy's Response to bacchae's Review

Written on: 25/06/2005

I have had a Alliance&Leicester Credit Card since 2001 but I am about to close my account. Since MBNA have taken the Credit Card over the interest rates have rocketed! October last year the interest rate went from 18.9% to 19.9% then in Febuary this year it went up to 24.9%.
After speaking the MBNA about this I was offered a 2% drop in interest but would have to pay £25.00 to do so. I also asked how they could justify charging so much and this is what I was told.
It could be one of the three following reasons.
1. Bank interest charges. I was quick to point out if thats the case how do other lenders provide such better deals.
2. If a customer was making late or none payment. I again was quick to point out that wasnt the reason in my case. Where I was told no I can see that as I have your details infront of me.
3. There could be something on your credit file thats made your interest charges go up. Yet again I was quick to point out there was reason for this.
I feel as if Im being penalised for being a good and loyal customer.
After reading the other comment on this site Im pleased to know its not just me who feels this way.

Read 1 Comment