HSBC Telephone Banking Reviews

HSBC Telephone Banking - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for HSBC Telephone Banking

HSBC Telephone Banking
HSBC Telephone Banking

“Appalling customer services ”

written by RubyO'Keefe225 on 12/10/2021

Trying to.get through to business telephone services, on hold first and second time for over an hour , with an irritating voice coming up all the time telling you thanks for waiting, 3rd time it gives you option of call back , but not first and second, they did eventually phone back , then.after a few seconds of speaking there line goes dead , phoned fourth time , no call back option,waited 57 minutes before I hung up in disgust

“Horrible Phone Banking Services.”

written by MariahMcGuire on 31/07/2017

I received my new credit card for which I was asked to call them to activate. I tried reaching them for close to 2 hours in vain and all I could hear was automated message. I tried reaching my Advance customer services and was able to get through them but they wouldn't address the credit card issue since it wasn't linked to my bank account yet. I think HSBC has gone bankrupt. They should sell this bank to someone else and focus on getting some Non Banking Financial Services to sell personal loans. They have terribly failed as a bank and as a financial institution. Which company sends deactivated credit card and makes the customer to stay on the call for hours together just to get it activated. It is one thing to be conservative and other to be dumb clowns. In this case, HSBC customer services is clearly the later.

“Worst customer service ever”

written by KayaNicholson348 on 08/03/2017

Was asked via letter to contact HSBC regarding urgent matters, they have no Email or message facility (as I understand it is only available at "certain times") and each time I tried to call at varying parts of the day there has been at least a 20 min wait. I do not understand how a Global banking company with huge profits can have such bad customer service, I live in Australia now and have an account with NAB wwhich has a much better internet banking app and they actually answer the phone! Safe to say I will be closing my account with HSBC

“the worst”

written by bijuviswanath on 02/10/2013

well it is impossible to reach a customer executive its automated and automated and automated horrible

Fpon's Response to bijuviswanath's Review

Written on: 06/05/2014

100% agreed; especially with the latest upgrade of their 24x7 automated. It is even more NON-human banking I ever experience. For moment, I thought HSBC was owned by robots. The so-called Upgrade to me is a downgrade of service. Thumbs down totally.

Read 1 Comment

“Could not understand a word”

written by on 01/05/2013

Could not understand a word and they always ask me if I am a Filippino just because I have an accent!

“call staff”

written by on 22/03/2013

why do we have these staff that i cant understand drives me mad then the fraud department call you and you have to give them the ins and out of a ducks bum to see what that want drives me mad

“Philipines worst service possible!”

written by agile on 21/11/2012

I called to try to get a replacement debit card as mine had been destroyed by the bank branch. I was promised that the pin and card would BOTH be posted to my home address! The pin arrived but NOT the card. On enquiring I was told that the card had not been sent to my address as I was advised but to the branch but as not collected had been destroyed! Now HSBC refuse to replace the card. Now I am going to have to complain to the Banking Ombudsman as HSBC refuse to take any interest !

“they cannot understand or be understood”

written by on 15/08/2012

obviously not from UK why are people that speak good english not employed for this . Cheap labour?

“Awful!!”

written by on 24/06/2012

Just getting beyond the security questions is like a mental decathlon, how am I supposed to remember who I paid £13.82 to last week? I could've looked it up through internet banking but then what's the point of telephone banking?! This is the last straw really, as soon as I'm able I'm saying good-bye to HSBC!

“Worst call centre ever !!!”

written by on 06/04/2012

I am from Malaysia and whenever I call HSBC on their enquiry number stated on their website, I reach what I believe is their call centre in Philippines ( judging from their accent ). These so call tele - bankers are the worst and most irritating that I have ever encountered. Not only is their accent so difficult to understand, they are sarcastic and consistently imply that I have called the wrong number or press the wrong button. One of the girls actually gave out a sigh of impatience. It is most irritating to speak to them. Give me a local bank anytime!

“AAAAaaaahhhh...... all I wanted was a pin reminder for...”

written by on 19/02/2011

AAAAaaaahhhh...... all I wanted was a pin reminder for my card, three times was put on hold as they don't understand the words 'pin reminder'?!?! Have given up and cut up the card, am going to give myself a week to clam down b4 I try and call to cancel the account. Hope these guys are getting paid enough to have people hang up on them all day long.

“I applied for an HSBC mortgage because it was a "Best...”

written by on 09/01/2011

I applied for an HSBC mortgage because it was a "Best Buy" but I have never encountered worse customer service. Everytime I needed to speak with anyone I had to call their oversaes call centre. The staff were completely unable to progress my application and completely uninterested in my plight. After 2 weeks I abandoned HSBC and called my current lender, Alliance & Leicester. Their UK staff were really helpful, understood my issues and got me sorted.

“This is the worst telephone contact centre I have ever...”

written by on 21/12/2010

This is the worst telephone contact centre I have ever encountered. The representatives do not speak or understand English well enough to communicate important information. They have no knowledge of anything other than the limited computer system they have been given. It is apparently impossible to be transferred to someone who works for the bank. DO NOT USE HSBC if you need telephone banking services. I am now closing my accounts and going elsewhere.

“i've never seen such bad telephone banking service in...”

written by on 17/11/2010

i've never seen such bad telephone banking service in my life. i called the first time trying to book an appointment to see my account rep. i couldn't understand a word coming out the telephone, so much for outsourcing. called the second time hoping to get a better person, she was a bit better but couldn't figure out what does it mean when i requested an appointment to see my account rep. she put me on hold 3 times ti figure that part out and still coming back all confused.
why can't i just talk to someone in my local branch? worst service ever.

“Very poor service from one of U.K's worst high street...”

written by on 20/05/2010

Very poor service from one of U.K's worst high street banks, just about every time I call them the person on the phone is unable to do what I ask of them. This is often some thing as simple as making a payment between accounts takes 3 different department and 15minutes on 0847 number!! I use a different bank for my current account and have never had such issues,as soon as my loan is paid I will never use HSBC again!!

“Why oh why can't you speak to a branch directly?????? ”

written by on 09/03/2010

Why oh why can't you speak to a branch directly??????
A total, total nightmare on the phone.
Easier to cross town and go to the branch yourself.

“I am furious with HSBC. They have regularly...”

written by on 31/12/2009

I am furious with HSBC. They have regularly overcharged fees, ignored my instructions, mishandled my calls, lied to me and fiddled my account to such an extent that I will be closing all my accounts shortly. Trying to talk to anyone is a nightmare long code punching in, long waits with the endless HSBC theme tune, no-one able to answer my questions about a foreign transaction. Why can't I know or agree an xchange rate before I bank a cheque for several tens of thousands of dollars. I could be losing a lot of money by not being able to shop around. Off hand and rude staff in the UK. I absolutely loathe these people. I would not recommend them ever.

“An absolute nightmare trying to communicate with HSBC,...”

written by on 26/08/2009

An absolute nightmare trying to communicate with HSBC, just do not expect to receive what you have requested! When you receive the written communication it has a telephone number to ring in the case of difficulties, when you ring it you are told "you have rang the wrong number" 5 bounces later you are back to the beginning!

“I've banked with HSBC personally for over a decade,...”

written by on 30/07/2009

I've banked with HSBC personally for over a decade, and for nearly five years as a business customer. I've just opened a business account for a new business with Barclays - because HSBC's telephone and internet support has become a bad joke. Any electronic payment to HMRC is a nightmare; HMRC give you the sort code and account number that you need to make the payment, but you can't use them because HSBC have these pre-determined 'beneficiaries', with their own codes (eg HMRC CUMB) but you can not then see that you are paying the money to the right account. HMRC don't know which HSBC code relates to which HMRC account, and if (as is the case sometimes) there is more than one pre-determined beneficiary code for the relevant HMRC account, HSBC's staff can't tell you which code to use either - making the entire system useless. So...

☆☆☆☆☆

“HSBC phone banking in India is going to dogs. It sucks...”

written by on 08/05/2009

HSBC phone banking in India is going to dogs. It sucks big time. Nobody wants to take the ownership . They transfer the calls back to IVR when dont have answers to questions. From a bank like HSBC it is very unexpected