AA Loans Reviews

• Speed of Application

AA Loans - Ask a question now

“Rubbish - Far better loan companies out there ”

Written on: 09/10/2019 by Rollins344 (1 review written)

Firstly, AA are NOT the loan company, they are a broker and the loan they offer will be with a random lender at a higher APR than originally quoted. The decision isn't instant, they write to you detailing the inflated APR and ask you to sign and upload your documents so the application can be reviewed again. Totally sacked it off once the letter came with the higher APR (which took 4 working days to arrive so including the weekend 6 days in total). I decided to apply to Hitachi Loans as this… Read Full Review

Claudiatar's Comment

Written on: 09/10/2019

Hi I applied for a loan with aa on Monday got approval in minutes and paperwork came today to sign so I uploaded and sent it, they didn't request further documents or bank statement or payslips. Been reading reviews and I've not got much hope in them to be honest, did you get your loan ok with Hitachi after AA credit searching you?

Annasonniestar's Comment

Written on: 09/10/2019

Hi - Yes, got the loan from Hitachi no problem. Instant decision, had to esign the documents which were produced instantly, and the money was in my account the next day

Read 2 Comments

“Do not deal with this company”

Written on: 24/09/2019 by yyConnell438 (1 review written)

I had a personal loan with this company which I paid off early. Three weeks later I noticed that a further payment had been taken. There customer service was absolutely terrible. I was told that the loan had not been closed properly and they would rectify the problem. Move on a further ten days and I am still out of pocket so I phone them again to be told that the loan had still not been closed and I would have to wait a further seven working days to receive my refund. The longest payment… Read Full Review

“Not recommended, Very Poor, Unprofessional customer...”

Written on: 24/09/2019 by hirenbhavsar (1 review written)

AA Loan is very very terrible customer services and they mention terms clearly and trap you paying more. I DON'T RECOMMEND this company for Personal Loan at all to any one. Terrible service. I am very disappointed with unprofessional customer service. It is waste of time when you call them as they are not keen to serve you and don't understand you. More of that, they don't help you either. Very disgusting... Don't get trap with AA Loans… Read Full Review

“Still waiting ”

Written on: 24/06/2019 by 204Parsons (1 review written)

Applied for a loan after totally money gave a 95% chance of being accepted at 3.8, so went to their site to check my eligibility which got a rate of 7.9 which OK was doubled but I was still happy to go ahead. Got approved, esigned the credit agreement and had an email stating, loan had been approved subject to final checks and money would be with me within 2 working days. Now in day 3 and still nothing. No emails requesting documents or phone calls. Based on the reviews I've read, I'm not… Read Full Review

12345Sarah's Comment

Written on: 11/07/2019

Hi, can I ask, did you eventually get your loan and if so how long did it take to reach your account?

Sammijs42's Comment

Written on: 11/07/2019

Yes, but that was after ringing them to find out wot was going on and I can honestly say, they really dont have a clue in regards to the loan process. We ended up cancelling it and going to sainsbury instead...lower apr, trusted company and kept us informed along the way

Read 2 Comments

“I got a loan and it got approved, got an email saying...”

Written on: 29/05/2019 by Tommy225 (1 review written)

I got a loan and it got approved, got an email saying my loan has been approved and i ill get the money in 2 days ! I went ahead and booked my wedding hall and paid £500 deposit! I waited 4 days and nothing! rang up and she tells me it actually got declined, didn't you get an email? wth man they just cost me £500 and didn't give me anything. She just hung up the phone. Thanks for nothing… Read Full Review

“APR instead of promised 3.4 I got 7.9”

Written on: 27/02/2019 by 464Fox (1 review written)

I have 999 score on experian. No credit card debt. No existing loans. Very very good income. AA loans was suggested by few loan comparison sites. With 95% of successfull application. My preaproved loan rate was 3.4 APR. But after full application I got 7.9APR. Obviously full aplication puts a hard check on my credit file. So I am not going to apply with different lender. If I could not get 3.4 APR with my profile I do not know who can. The 3.4 APR really looks like something to get your… Read Full Review

“Bait and switch APR”

Written on: 10/02/2019 by Trixiewillis (1 review written)

Unimpressed with this company. Checked eligibility on Money Saving Expert and came up as 95% likely to be eligible with 3.4% representative APR. I have a good credit file, but after applying I was approved for a loan at 7.9% APR. Interest on a £15k, 5 year loan had gone from around £1.5k to over £3k. Wasn't prepared to pay that so cancelled the loan, but of course the credit search stays on your file. This actively discourages shopping around and shouldn't be allowed, there is no other… Read Full Review

“Aa loan fast and easy”

Written on: 28/01/2019 by DaltonCrowley (1 review written)

I applied for a loan on a Thursday evening, it wasn’t approved right away but they said I should receive something in the post within 5 working days - the following Thursday I had the paperwork at the advertised offer, easy to sign and upload(rather than posting) then had confirmation that money would be with me in 2 working days and it was! I have to say after I applied I was worried about all the bad reviews I had read but I found aa loans great -a lot better than sainsburys!… Read Full Review

“That was fast”

Written on: 11/09/2018 by JanelleMcDaniel (1 review written)

Having read the recent review about AA loans (August 2018) I'm actually quite shocked to read them. As with most of the comments I checked my credit score before applying and was told I had a 95% chance of being approved. The application process was straightforward and the only difficulty i had was remembering when i had opened my bank account. lol. Anyway I applied on 09/09/2018 @ 4.45pm and was approved within the hour. I got the same email everyone has talked about congratulating me on being… Read Full Review

“Absolutely ridiculous process”

Written on: 06/08/2018 by SkylarClifford (1 review written)

I applied to AA on 25th July. Got approved (supposedly) online. Got an email cash in two days subject to final checks. Well here we are on 6th of August and still no decision and when you call get the same generic rubbish about underwriters are reviewing keep an eye on your bank account. I have never had to wait more than five days every loan I've had before. The approval online means absolutely nothing it's as well I didn't do anything to spend the money. AA should be ashamed of themselves… Read Full Review

“so annoyed !! don't apply”

Written on: 01/08/2018 by McCain450 (1 review written)

I am soooo annoyed ! Checked Experian - excellent credit rating - applied for loan as 95% of being approved - I am still waiting on day 6 !!! It states decision within 2 days when I initially applied. On phoning and chasing decision I have been told 5 - 7 working days...... this is sooo contradictory and MISLEADING - I would have avoided if I knew it took this long. I am still waiting - chased twice and told its with the underwriters and if I've not heard anything by day 7 to call… Read Full Review

“Don't Apply!”

Written on: 22/02/2018

I applied for a small AA Loan recently (provided by Bank of Ireland UK). Before applying, I signed up to Experian so that I could see a full copy of my credit report (Experian is one of the agencies the loan underwriters use). I have an excellent credit score, have never missed any payments, have been employed on a permanent contract for a number of years and could easily meet the monthly repayments. Very disappointed to find out I was declined. I had read the reviews on this site but… Read Full Review

Katiekat83's Comment

Written on: 15/03/2018

Did they just say no... or did you sign agreement etc?? They have asked me for bank state (proof address) and driving lic and signed agreement and sent pics back..?? Left me in limbo??

Written on: 17/05/2018

Hi did you eventually get your money? If so how long did it take? I was accepted online and signed my documents online a week ago and have heard nothing since, positive or negative and have received no money despite it saying I would have it within 2 working days

Written on: 17/05/2018

I forgot to say, this is after waiting a week so far

Mart030159's Comment

Written on: 26/05/2018

Hi I have had the same issue, I signed online a week ago and have not received the monies, have you received yours yet?

Read 5 Comments

“Stressful ”

Written on: 10/02/2018 by Pakwa (1 review written)

I'm now at the 11th day and still no decision from AA loans, there advertised info of the loan process is very inaccurate as at the information page 5 days would be the longest. When I call them I'm told they have a back log and I should expect 10 days for a decision, now is 11 days and still nothing. However they have proceeded to set up a direct debit on my bank account also in my Experian credit file they show up as a closed credit account. I'm now very confused what is going on and may have… Read Full Review

Frannieannie60's Response to Pakwa's Review

Written on: 22/02/2018

I am having similar issues with them. I too applies for a loan with them which has been initially approved and im still awaiting funds. I was set to get my home improvements started next week but cannot commit with builders until I have the funds there. They keep telling me to keep checking my bank account and that its sitting with the underwriter who has a backlog. I too am concerned about this effecting my credit rating. Very anxious time at the minute as they advise 2 working days for fund to hit bank and that is not the case.

Savemethemoney12's Response to Pakwa's Review

Frannieannie60's Response to Pakwa's Review

Written on: 22/02/2018

Hello, I was wondering if you actually recieved the money from AA loans yet as I am still waiting and want to know if the money is actually going to come through or if I am going to have to cancel it. Im really annoyed if this is the case as I will not be able to apply for another loan for 6 months. If the money does actually come through then Im prepared to wait a bit longer but want the security of knowing it will eventually come through.

Savemethemoney12's reply to Frannieannie60's Comment

Written on: 17/05/2018

Hi did you eventually get your money? If so how long did it take? I was accepted online and signed my documents online and have heard nothing since, positive or negative and have received no money despite it saying I would have it within 2 working days

Savemethemoney12's reply to Frannieannie60's Comment

Read 5 Comments

“Brilliant ”

Written on: 08/04/2017 by Ross144 (1 review written)

Applied online Tuesday. Received documents Thursday. Sent them back the same day and funds was in my account Tuesday morning. No bank statements needed etc. First class service… Read Full Review

“Self employed shouldn't bother ”

Written on: 11/06/2015 by P6262 (2 reviews written)

I run a small business and classed as self employed with a small number of staff, when ringing for a Loan I was told that they couldn't provide a loan to self employers persons. I explained I had a business but they didn't want to know… Read Full Review

“worst company i have dealt with”

Written on: 19/01/2015 by fbPiper342 (1 review written)

Passed my loan quickly told me money would be in my bank account in 48hrs 1 week later no money rang them they said it would be in my bank account in 48hrs 4 days later it arrived now as for trying to get into your online account its a joke would not accept my password i set up had to ring to get password changed now says my e mail adress is invalid the same e mail adress they contacted me on ha e rung them still not sorted yes you have to ring because they do not reply to e mails do not… Read Full Review

“Goodness knows who they are offering loans to!”

Written on: 10/09/2014 by Crowleyxa342 (1 review written)

Turned down for a car loan today, despite an excellent credit rating. Like the others here I suspect this is a deliberate ploy to pass business on to another company at a higher APR. I am deeply annoyed that this could affect my ability to get credit. I will be looking to boycott the AA from now on… Read Full Review

“Watch for this one ”

Written on: 15/07/2014 by Ivan64 (1 review written)

I'm looking for a second hand car so after receiving a letter from the AA who are doing loans with a good arp rate I would give them a go . So I filled all of the information on line and had a very quick response back , to my suprise I've been declined WHAT I asked my self I've got a pretty good credit score So I read the info at the bottom and it plainly says they use a credit score system with the help of a certain credit firm .So I contacted this firm and got my relevant documents from them… Read Full Review

The Aa's Response to Ivan64's Review

Written on: 16/07/2014

Hello, we are sorry to hear you're unhappy and do hope that you have contacted us to address your dissatisfaction. If not, please get in touch via our website at your earliest convenience. Kind Regards, The AA

Read 1 Comment

“awful AA”

Written on: 14/02/2014

I took out a loan a few years ago for an operation. The monies did not get into my account as agreed. Ended up ringing the MD!!! This was sorted. 5 years later still taking out monies from my account. Rand them up and they have no record of me. Made 4 phone calls. Total idiots. They have no record of me but think it was an insurance policy. It was a personal loan. Terrible company!!!… Read Full Review

The Aa's Comment

Written on: 17/02/2014

Read 1 Comment

“Applied for a loan for home refurbishment £7000 to be...”

Written on: 06/04/2012

Applied for a loan for home refurbishment £7000 to be paid over 3 years, guess what, refused. Have checked my experian credit rating, excellent 999, been at the same bank for 30 years + no debt have a decent income, never had any money issues. Complete waste of time, went elsewhere and was accepted imediately and a very low rate of interest on my repayments, AVOID THE AA/CO OPERATIVE… Read Full Review