Honda FES125 Pantheon Reviews

Honda FES125 Pantheon - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Honda FES125 Pantheon

“Good around-town accelleration.”

written by PaddyStuart on 15/05/2022

I've owned my 2003 fes125 4stroke for about the last 6 years . Reliability has not been any problem although I replaced the rear (EXTREMELY RUSTY) shocks with after-market ones purely for cosmetic reasons. A great deal of plastic had to be temporarily removed to achieve this! Indicated mileage is now 18 thousand. Rear- drive belt dealer-changed at 14k as a precaution due to wanting to do LONG trips. Top speed (indicated) is an absolute 67/68 mph (both on the flat OR down-hill) after which it seems to hit a rev-limiter and will misfire. Accelleration up to 40mph is remarkably good, 40 to 50 is more leisurely but still acceptable. 50 to 60 (and above) does eventually happen but is measured with a calender rather than a stopwatch. In practice, if you are behind a large lorry travelling at 55mph and you want to overtake it, you need a VERY long straight to do so safely. I actually use the scooter to, regularly, do fairly long (200 miles)each way camping holidays and it will cruise(?) at a steady 60mph on 1/2 to 3/4 throttle depending on gradient/headwinds achieving about 85mpg. LONG motorway stretches are a no-no due to the restricted top speed. No comment as to handling as it's a typical scooter rather than a race bike but it's OK. Comfort is fine. Brakes are excellent!

“I had my fes for 7 year now ”

written by GriffinMacLean on 18/08/2017

greet bike to run its had me all over Scotland petrol is great tax and insurance is aslo good I had my speed up to 75 mph on duel carrway sadly I had to stop driving it as it's needed a bit of work doing to it and was not working so I am working now and way to be getting it back on rd so can't wait

“So far, so good”

written by Tommybiker on 07/07/2017

Well, after 20 years of riding "real" bikes of 500cc upwards, I can't believe that I'm riding a) a 125, b) a scooter, and c) really enjoying it! I bought this scooter, for the same reason as many other people I expect, because I'm so fed up with choice between wallet-emptying cars or impractical bikes as my everyday transport. I've had my 13 year old Fes 125 for a whole day so am merely giving my initial reaction with hundred or so miles' experience. It's modern maxi but already looks dated with sharp, mk1 Ford Focus styling but at £1150 with full service, warranty and new MOT it's definitely a barg. It's done 17000 miles. First impression was that it was flippin noisy, with a rather harsh, irritating squeal on top of the usual four stroke chug-chug..first job when got home was to remove the belt drive cover and chuck talc over the belt and pulleys. It's an old, old trick and WORKS! I will be changing the belt as soon as as they're cheap and it's an easy-peasy job. Compress the clutch with a three legged puller and there's enough slack in the belt to lift it away from the pulleys. Handling is safe n steady in keeping with the bike's character. Brakes are great as multi-pot calipers on both ends should be. Performance: typical 125, it gets up to fifty really well, two way top speed of sixty-five. I've decided to keep to sixty as I learnt back in my CG125 days that what turns a 100mpg bike into an 80 mpg bike isn't red-lining it to get up to speed but constantly squeezing out that last 5mph. On the topic of red-lining, I'm pleased there's no rev counter .. 125s generally pull just 7mph per 1,000 rpm and I don't need a graphical reminder! So, a very happy customer so far for the reasons already cited - comfort, style, storage, presence, brakes, respectable performance given its bulk, and two-up ability. We've already found that the easiest way to get on back is to get into the rider's seat and shuffle backwards while the rider holds the bike, then gets on last. Great mirrors too. A couple of minor grumbles lose this scooter a star. The battery seems very dainty, I don't like the always-on headlight. Too easy to accidentally leave on the ignition for a few minutes and flatten the (small) battery. You have to pull REALLY hard on the brake whilst starting, or it won't. Low comsumption ultra-white daytime lights would've been nice but hang on, this is an old bike! Well, that's it for now, I'll report back in few months.

“125 honda swing”

written by mistymax on 25/07/2013

I have owned the bike for 2 years second hand 600miles on the clock now 5000 its comfortable, stable, cruises at 55mph tad over60 flat out average mpg 85 got 79mpg on 125 mile round trip 2 up hard riding onboard mpg calculator not working properly. British winter has caused rot around tail end of exhaust and shock springs. bike would not start after visit to supermarket, no bloody kickstart! got it home removed starter motor stripped it down found stator magnet had come loose and broken in two dislodging all the rest. stator plates were just glued on!. phoned friendly Mr honda dealer 140 notes for replacement ouch. so I cleaned it up, using metal epoxy re-glued magnets back on and it did the trick back on the road. (lovely engineered starter apart from cheap assembly using glue). apart from that lovely bike to ride economical, lots of storage under seat, with top box added can get most of shopping, saves using the car and fuming in traffic jams would recommend ordering exhaust gasket remove exhaust de-rust and use high temperature paint rustproof exhaust if you do not want to faint at replacement cost even without vat. heavy bike for a 125 but recommended.

Dete's Response to mistymax's Review

Written on: 24/10/2016

Top speed around 73 -74 MPH

“my sons 1st scooter ”

written by on 09/10/2012

this is my lads 1st scooter we got it on ebya for £500 and that was for 2of them well almost all the bits and bobs we got with it might as well have been, got it home and off he went to work cut out and would not run,popt it up to DIT locall bike garage, had it up and runing in 40 mins was juat a bloked fual pipe, he lovels it, got me thinking about looking at them we are bouth 6ft 5/6 and have no problem on it so go get ya self out on the road i am .

“great bike need more time and miles good fuel con etc”

written by domw2 on 29/05/2012

great bike need more time and miles good fuel con etc

“Great city transport”

written by on 23/03/2012

I've had my Honda FES125 for a few years now and its by far the best investment I've ever made. Thsi is a superior scooter - well designed and easy to ride, especially in city traffic. Starts on the button every time and has adequate power for nippy take offs. The large storage bin under the seat is a real plus point although its a tight fit for the helmet. I have added a buzzer to the indicator lights as its easy not to cancel them + an alarm system - as its my second Pantheon. Wouldnt mind the 150 but never seen one in UK.

“Honda FES 125”

written by onionsargey on 01/03/2012

I've had a FES 125 S-wing from new and never had a problem with it. My commute is 3 miles through country lanes and the 8 miles on a very busy A road(A38 in the midlands) Great around the country lanes and enough cruising speed to just keep ahead of the "artics" Plenty of room under the seat for stuff.but some helmets won't fit. A great scooter to ride, not to nippy, but comfortable, stylish, and handles like a dream.

“ Having had motor bikes for years ended up with a big ...”

written by AlanCarr on 30/03/2011

Having had motor bikes for years ended up with a big 1300 yammy which i could not put on centre stand so it had to go and i always fancied a twist and go scooter so i ended up with the Honds Pantheon 125 FES with the 4 stroke injection engine,Mileage is now 7k and it runs great does about 65mph and with tailwind 70mph,MPG is around 70 to 80,Brakes brilliant, headlight at night superb not suprising its the same as on big honda motorbike.Always starts straight up off the button.Cannot fault the pant even 2 up its pulls well up hills one of the best 2 wheeled transport scooters you can own.The build quality is typical Honda and is excellent,good switchgear etc,Storage under seat very good and i have an additional rear top box so ample storage for shopping etc,i love this scooter,I wash it and give it a polish with pledge and it comes up like new,I must agree with other owners that the rear suspension units will corrode if not given protection so i spray mine with WD40/3 in 1 oil which prevents this.Overall an exccellent scooter which looks big for a 125,highly recommended.Upgrade for me would be the SH300i which go like stink.

“after 12,000 miles the engine suddenly blow....no...”

written by on 24/01/2011

after 12,000 miles the engine suddenly blow....no comment, don`t buy is rubbish

Alexander57's Comment

Written on: 18/01/2012

What a rubbish review, if your going to offer infromation please give some details. It helps other decide. Unusual for a honda engine, especially small one to 'blowup'. Oil, mantainance, abuse? What cause decay.

C90Cg125's Comment

Written on: 16/08/2013

It would be helpful to say why the engine blew up & u dont have to be a mechanic to answer it. Abuse or not doing the matinence. Your proberly better off on a bicycle or would the tyres blow lol.

Cman1's Comment

Written on: 12/09/2012

mine has nog 43.000km with very poor maintenance and hard abuse (i'm not easy on the throttle when the engine is cold), maybe you just had bad luck (or you run with not enough oil and you never checked)

“ my wife brought me my pantheon for my birthday to...”

written by on 05/11/2010

my wife brought me my pantheon for my birthday to get to work on its the mutts nutts ima big bloke and the pantheon handles realy well and dont struggle in any way shape or form starts on the button every time and a comfy factor of 100%

“I bought my Pantheon in January 2010. For the last 10...”

written by on 27/09/2010

I bought my Pantheon in January 2010. For the last 10 months I have ridden the scooter every day in all weather conditions. The scooter has been brilliant and I would thoroughly recommend it. I am averaging 95 to 110 mpg. Oil useage nil. Easy to service yourself. Road tax £15 a year and fully comp insurance £85 (46yr old!). The scoot performs very well for 125 and never fails to put a smile on my face. I wash scooter weekly and the use Scotoiler 365 to keep corrosion at bay. Condition has remained A1. Storage under seat is great with ability to carry 3 bags shopping. All in all a great scooter.

“after lots of research looking for a light comfortable...”

written by dshaw647 on 27/08/2010

after lots of research looking for a light comfortable scoot with room to stick yout legs up I decided to go for the pantheon at first I had a skipper 125 which was a little cramped and only did 60 to a gallon.
I though this bike would be alittle better.
My 600 silverwing had ample power and power but was no good for my new home which didn't have a garage.
My main issue was a scoot I could reverse at a slight gradient without pulling my back out!. the pantheon's so far been great,
I love telling the lads at work it costs me £10 a month in petrol (I do 200 miles per month)
the underseat storage has a handy 12v socket which is great to charge your phone or sat nav.
The seat position is great for me being 5 foot 6.
Taller screens are avalable but if you ride in all weathers they will only restrict your view (trust me i had one on my 600sw)
would definatly recommend this scoot to others.

“Very nice job...congrats':).. ”

written by HondaFreak on 30/05/2010

Very nice job...congrats':)..
I have 1 problem...I recently bought Honda FES Pantheon 125 2003...and top speed is about 50 mph(80 kmh)...And I know it should go around 120kmh...
Bike is bought in Switzerland, and I heard that in Switzerland many bikes have blockades...Where could it be???Exhasut,engine...CAN ANYONE HELP ME??? PLS...
engine is strong....10.10 kw... pls help

Dshaw647's Response to HondaFreak's Review

Written on: 27/08/2010

Hi, the top speed for this bike is around 70mph(112kph) it sounds like yours maybe restricted? could be from the exhaust?

Pete07Bikes's Response to HondaFreak's Review

Written on: 22/12/2013

I found my 2013 model only went up to 60mph until it reached 1500 miles, then it loosened up and gives 65 on the flat & nudges 70 with a tail wind. Correctly ran in the scoot has now done 4,000 miles and continues to give great service & 100 mpg

Pete

Guest's Response to HondaFreak's Review

Written on: 14/07/2011

CHANGE THE AIR FILTER
PHIL

Dshaw647's Response to HondaFreak's Review

Written on: 27/08/2010

I found this review not helpful because... no info on bike just an email on problem solving!

“Hello...You did a really great job... :)... ”

written by on 30/05/2010

Hello...You did a really great job... :)...
But..I've got a problem...I have Honda fes Pantehon 125 2003....and, top speed is around 50 mph(80 km/h)...and I know it should go about 120 kmh..
Bike is from Switzerland..than I heard that many bikes in Switzerland have blockades...Where could it be???Exhaust system, engine ...can anybody help me??? pls...

“Second scooter, none beeter. Fantastic commuter, and...”

written by on 22/05/2010

Second scooter, none beeter. Fantastic commuter, and will do 65 mph quite happily.

Dshaw647's Comment

Written on: 27/08/2010

I found this review not helpful because...bit bland and no info on this greaT BIKE!

“This is what i went through before owning a wonderful...”

written by on 19/08/2009

This is what i went through before owning a wonderful Honda FES125 Pantheon.

After going through two scooters, each falling to bits on me after a week of owning them, i thought i'd cut my losses, sell the one i had, which stopped working.

The day i brought a 125cc scooter, brand new in 2007 for £899,(cant say the make)
I rode it home and going down hill at the time, the back brake calliper came off, and rested on the rear wheel,

I managed to stop the scooter in time, using the front break, before i went heading into the busy traffic on the A1 from a side road.

so when i got the scooter home, i took it apart to check everything over.. i found loose bolts & nuts, and parts missing.

moving on to having owned it acouple of months, while riding home through a village the right mirror snapped off and went bouncing down the road, even though it had been fine before.

one moment i looked through the mirror ok, the next time i went to look my mirror it went flying down the road before i could stop it. :/
I had to pull over as i couldnt see anything behind me that side.

before that scooter i had a 100cc, and it's front and rear shockers went, that was second hand though, but still i'd only owned that acouple of months.

By this point i was thinking of going back to my trusty cycle, as i'd had enough of rubbish scooters falling to bits on me, even though i'd taken good care of them and kept them garaged.

That was until my boyfriend spotted the 125cc Honda Fes Pantheon, so i read this very review and it totally stole my heart!

I said to him, "Yes that's the scooter for me, and i hope it doesnt fall to bits like my last two."

so i read more on the honda fes pantheon, and it was the best scooter by far that i've seen on the internet.

It has, great handling, comfey seats, great MPG, as i brought my fes pantheon from london in april 2009.

I rode it all the way to Grantham from london, and never needed to fill it up.

It's got loads of room under the seat, as i can fit my helmet in, long riding crop, riding hat, and textile motorbike jacket (which isnt thin and has armor init), sandwiches, small bottle of drink, horse treats
(as i used it to go horse riding the other weekend) and i still had some room left under there.

My honda fes pantheon is a brilliant scooter thats cheap to run, tax and insure (tax £15 a month, fully comp insurance £126 a year, and to run is £7 worth for a full tank, which last me months as i dont go very far)
(depending on fuel prices)
and as my fuel lasts me months, i don't have to worry about the changing fuel prices, :D

My scooter will do 60mph all day crusing if i'd let it,
and will do 70mph with no problems, because the faster you go, the less you get buffeted about by the wind, thanks to the S-wing style of it.

the wind goes past you thanks to the nifty design.

And while going slowly through the towns, its got great balance, as i hardly have to put my feet down at the lights, lol

i get within walking distance of the lights before they change, hovering before them, and then when they change off i go, but thats down to good balance too. :)

I know one thing that's good about this scooter, is that it keeps you warm while riding at night, as once i forgot to take my bike trousers with me to my parents, and i headed home late at night, it was cold outside, but my legs stayed warm thanks to my scooter.

so now that i've found the honda fes pantheon, i'm never going back to cheaply made scooters, honda has got me hooked for life :D

These other scooters are cheap for a reason! as i found out the hard way :/
they may only be £899 brand new, but i'd rather pay £1200 for a second hand honda fes pantheon anyday. :)

or you could save up more and by a brand new one, but all honda fes's are well made and don't dint when you drop them. as i found out last month.

I hope this review i've written has answered some questions, and i think the other reviews on here are great!

Happy Riding!

" Honda Fes Pantheon's are not just for christmas, but for Life"

“I've had my Honda FES Pantheon 125 for 3 years/15000...”

written by on 04/05/2009

I've had my Honda FES Pantheon 125 for 3 years/15000 km of town riding, and it's been just about perfect in every regard. I had a VFR 800 sports tourer before the Pantheon, but it really wasn't any good for the in-town commuting that came with my new job (I work for the UN in Geneva - loads of traffic lights, very stop-start). I had been thinking of the Dylan, which I had used for a week in Rome (another brilliant bike), but I was tempted by the Pantheon for a few reasons: Better fuel economy and better power from the fuel injection, comfy seat, huge under-seat storage, and the looks. Fuel economy has been better than 70 mpg throughout its life, sometimes up to 100 mpg depending on the type of riding. Nothing's gone wrong with it at all. It's very strong two-up - and I've taken some big lads on the back, which it's accepted with some pluck. It's important to redefine 'good performance' for a scooter - I'm happy to accept the lower top speed and modest acceleration as a trade-off against the traffic-light drag race, which is where scooters make their best progress. Passengers don't have any complaints

Dshaw647's Comment

Written on: 27/08/2010

agree with you, mpg between 80-100mpg and pillion comfort good for a 125 scoot, even had mine at 70mph with a pillion on the motorway!

“Generally, I'm very happy with it. I would like a...”

written by Pantheon125 on 02/11/2008

Generally, I'm very happy with it. I would like a manual though. It is powerful, good protection and excellent storage. Great fuel milage, looks great and handles smoothly.

Dshaw647's Response to 414517_Pantheon125's Review

Written on: 27/08/2010

if you look into it this is the lightest exectutive 125 scoot on the market, with prob best mpg, and no geared bike would offer the rain protection or luggage capacity you'ed get from this scoot.

“Just had the bike for 3 weeks. I have never ridden a...”

written by be1fra on 22/10/2008

Just had the bike for 3 weeks. I have never ridden a scooter before at the grand old age of 57 but feel completely at ease on the Pan. I only use it for relaxation and a bit of shopping but cant wait to go on it when I dont need the car. Would like some advice on looking after it with the fast coming winter though as it is kept overnignt with only a full size cover over it. Love the look of it as it attracts quite a few glances from passer-by.
Would like to progress to Silverwing 400 but regretably it is not available in the UK, why?

Pete07Bikes's Response to be1fra's Review

Written on: 22/12/2013

Hi ya,
Had mine 8 months now, done 4,000 miles and really rate this bike. Surprised your helmet doesn't fit under the seat, I use a flip-front caberg and that fits. Main things to look out for in winter are the exhaust & rear shock-absorbers. Wash the bike and then apply some GT85 on a cloth to all alloy parts (wheels, engine casings, exhaust heat-shield). I sold my car and use mine daily and, apart from short service intervals - due to engine only holding 1 litre of oil - rate this scooter very highly.
Once the warranty is out I'll do interim service myself.

Hope this helps
Pete

Asked by Rickyrich on 14th December 2019 Report this content
I've got 125 s wing 2013.big end gone.last owners fault no oil.will a honda pantheon 125 2004 engine fit in?

Asked by billyclark on 12th May 2016 Report this content
Hi, Can any help me get the best weight of variator weights to improve speed and performance at the moment they vary from 14.5 to 14.7 grams? Also where in the UK could I order them? Thanks in Advance Billy

Asked by tracy1302 on 30th June 2014 Report this content
Had my Pantheon 10 years now with 18,000 miles. All of a sudden it has started to lose power while I'm riding it then dying on me then it won't start again. I love the bike and won't part with it. Can you give me an idea of what might be wrong with it?