Monster www.monster.com Reviews

Summary

Online job hunting can be a long and arduous process. Read the Reviews here of Monster and compare their site Monster.com or Monster.co.uk with other online job websites. If you have found a job using Monster then please tell us about it by writing a review.

To visit Monster, simply click the advert below.

Monster www.monster.com - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Monster www.monster.com

“Waste of time”

written by Nadvi on 18/09/2021

Applied for many jobs, never get any response from the recruiter. It shows many irrelevant jobs.

“Never Apply”

written by LucasCohen on 01/12/2020

I had applied for a job through the monster.com, I didn't get any response till now. It shows the irrelevant job of my profile. I am totally disappointed.

“Just like other job boards they advertise fake jobs,...”

written by Jude359 on 27/10/2020

Just like other job boards they advertise fake jobs, wouldnt use them again.

“Never got response”

written by Raelyn-G on 13/10/2020

They show so many vacancies on their portal. I applied for so many of them but never once I got a call back or any kind of response from them.

“Awful”

written by Foster93 on 11/09/2020

I had canceled my profile on Monster years for a while ago and still get recruiters emailing me for roles I'm not even interested in.

“DO NOT GIVE THESE PEOPLE YOUR PHONE NUMBER!!!”

written by EthenRobinson on 22/09/2017

Signed up for a position as an engineer; I'm graduating in May. Have been bombarded with calls (YES, THESE PEOPLE ARE CALLING ME) from companies trying to hire insurance reps, claims adjusters, and McDonalds fry cooks. DO NOT GIVE THESE IDIOTS YOUR PHONE NUMBER!!!! How are they still in business???

“Avoid this company, they are only interested in...”

written by funandgames12345 on 19/05/2017

Avoid this company, they are only interested in wringing as much money as possible out of you, with sales people masquerading as customer support, they have no regard for your goals or needs, only what they can extract from your wallet. An absolute waste of time, money and effort.

“Terrible”

written by Johnsonis22 on 14/11/2016

Monster have been trying to win our business for ages. Finally we decided to give them a go. The warning bells should have started ringing when the "account manager" tried to sell us a package for £500 that was available direct on their website for £150. The number and quality of cvs received has been abysmal. Also, their advertising is bordering on outright lying. Their partner network where "Job posted across 100s of partner websites" in fact means that they will buy cookie driven banner advertising on websites such as ebay that have no relevance to finding candidates whatsoever. Fortunately we were wary and only purchased one job advert with Monster. We will not be using them again.

“FRUSTRATING!”

written by Frederickj486 on 06/11/2016

The website is not user friendly. The results produced are not relevant. After 2 days of trying to reset password, I spent 1/2 hour on phone with rep to figure out it was something on their side, spent another 1/2 hour w rep trying to post position because the "inventory" wasn't loaded, once loaded it gave me 20 resumes for a job field that was irrelevant. Highly disappointed!

“1 Applicant across 2 adverts, rude staff and...”

written by Nevwray on 14/09/2016

You'd be better off pouring your money down the drain Having previously used Reed to place job adverts, I was constantly being approached by Monster to try out their alternative service, which I eventually took them up on and purchased 5 advert tokens. I am writing this review after placing my second advert and the best advice I could give any employers looking to recruit staff via online job postings, would be, stay well clear of Monster, not only will you get no responses, but the level of service leaves everything to be desired. I initially started to have misgivings soon after placing the order when I didn't receive the log-in details until I chased them up with the sales team, as they had input both mine and my company details into their CRM incorrectly, unsurprisingly the invoice found its way to me immediately though, go figure. I was told that I would have access to an Account Manager by the salesperson that sold to me, to advise me on any adverts I was looking to place, to ensure I got as many hits as possible, but when it came time to place my advert, the Account Manager assigned to me wasn't available, so having placed jobs on alternative sites previously, we went ahead and placed it anyway as it had previously generated over 20 applicants. When we still hadn't received an applicant 24 hours later, we decided to go and search for the job listing online and to our surprise, irrespective of the search criteria we used, we appeared no sooner than on page 6. At this point I really wanted to speak to our Account Manager, as I thought this was probably something to do with the way that we'd placed the advert and not anything to do with Monster, so I contacted both him direct and also to the sales representative that had sold me the tokens in the first place. It took a further 5 days and me sending an email saying how unhappy I was with the response and the level of service until I eventually heard from my Account Manager, who said he’d tried to call me and left numerous messages with colleagues to call him back, frankly this felt like a lie so I checked our call monitoring system and unsurprisingly there was no record of him ever calling. When I pulled him on this, he just said, look the idea is to get your advert sorted, so shall we move onto that and subsequently went through the advert and said he couldn't see any improvements could be made (Still no replies to the job advert). At this point I realised that I had made a terrible mistake and sent an email into all concerned parties, stating that I wanted to cancel the contract with them. Strangely I received a call back from one of the Managers immediately saying that they wanted to keep my business and trying to convince me to stay. I explained that I had no faith in the service and therefore my mind couldn't be changed, but he asked me to sleep on it. When we spoke again the next day I confirmed that I still wanted to cancel, which he seemed to take on the chin and said he'd get me a revised invoice sent out. So imagine my surprise when I didn't receive the promised invoice and upon chasing the manager for it, he accused me of lying about our previous conversation. I am still using the credits I purchased from Monster, as they are paid for and over 2 adverts I have had one totally unacceptable applicant. Save your money and steer well clear of them. .

“No checking of recruiters”

written by s_spowart on 22/06/2016

I received an email claiming to have seen my CV on monster completely out of the blue, which said I had been shortlisted for a job that I hadnt applied for without even a phone call prior. All it said was to confirm attendance by replying to the email. It had no phone number, no name of the interviewer, and it had the name of a company on there. I googled the name of the company and found a website for them which was conveniently off line. I suspect the company they claimed to be from had gone bankrupt. It had the words do not trust this email written all over it. I wont be replying to the email because of my suspicions, and I certainly wont be attending that what looks like a fake interview. This has made me consider taking my CV down from monster, and I am now worried that my personal information that is on my CV has now fallen in to the wrong hands. Arent recruiters vetted to make sure they are genuine, or do they simply have to hand over your money to be presented with the CV's.

“Keep Clear”

written by dwBateman1972 on 21/03/2016

Monster.co.uk is the only site for employers i can say are just awful. the Sales team lie about the cvs they get on a monthly basis and the customer service are a joke. Dont wast your money use reed or cv libary

“Apply, sign up for cloud services, stay jobless. ”

written by Mr-Clandestine on 07/02/2016

Won't let you upload your CV in word format. Force u to use Google drive or Dropbox like trolls waiting under a bridge Search results displayed in a backwards caveman style layout with no resemblance to actual search If your hoping to get ignored by every employer, sign up for cloud based services you don't want or use just to apply for jobs and subsequently no longer own your work as per cloud based storage terms and conditions and stay jobless use monster.co.uk. Keeping you frustrated and out of work. That's why they are called monster.

“Very Disappointing”

written by JudiH on 06/10/2015

I came across Monster.com on a county sponsored work website in my state. I had not used them for about 7 years or so. I am actively looking for employment, and figured that all avenues were worth trying. I was very, very wrong. In the week that followed my enrollment and resume download I was besieged by both job offers, sales recruiters, both by phone and email. they all claimed my resume was an ideal match, even though most of the positions had nothing to do with my work experience. All of them wanted me to take training classes that I would pay for myself, of course. Even Farmers Insurance is in on the game of trying to convince people to become commission sales agents. They called me,(first oversight on my part) and when I said I was looking for administrative office work, not sales, the manager in this Greenwood Village, CO office set an appointment with me, offering such a position. When I came to the appointment, he "explained" that office workers were required to take the sales classes and become certified agents. What a complete waste of time for me. I was under the impression that legitimate businesses used Monster.com for a resource. Maybe they did years ago, but apparently not anymore!

“Hopless”

written by 466Burgess on 26/09/2015

No response to job application or any follow up questions. Totally bombarded with junk mail and even unsubscribing did not work. Now all Moster mails are blocked and i wont use again. Tip - find the source advisor and use them

“the worst in nation”

written by Luna336 on 15/04/2015

Bad Bad management to filthy place run and run parts supervisor just scared to be there bad union from office is sad not many white worked on floor human resources the worst county you not good you will not get your check on thursdsay to many law suit at this place

“Unprofessional Staff”

written by on 16/11/2014

We are a small business and received a call from a Monster.com representative asking if we had any hiring needs. "No, thank you." And we hung up. I do not OWE this unsolicited call an hour of my time, or even 5 minutes. And we don't have a need. The representative called back twice so he could hang up on us. We know who it was because we *69 the call, and it went back to Monster. So, the next time I DO have hiring needs, will we be considering Monster.com? I hardly think we will waste our time with such an unprofessional outfit. We are a retail store, and we follow up with customers on the phone (not even cold calling like Monster is doing). Yes, sometimes it is disappointing to not make a sale. But we don't start calling back with harassing phone calls because of that disappointment. Monster might want to use one of the more professional job sites out there so they can hire a better staff. Whoever they are using is getting them very low quality employees.

“Medical coding training”

written by susithraanand on 07/11/2014

i joined in vellore branch for medical coding,very good institute . staffs are very supportive and friendly nature . i am very much satisfied.

“INDIAN HEALTH CARE BPO”

written by Elliee189 on 24/10/2014

IAM VERY HAPPY I GOT PLACEMENT IN AGS AFTER SUCCESSFULL COMPLETION OF MY MEDICAL CODING TRAINING IN VELLORE INDIAN HEALTH CARE BPO.ITS GOOD AND THEY BULID GOOD CARRIER IN MEDICAL CODING.

“Monster Employees Horrible, Horrible, Horrible”

written by Scott399 on 31/08/2014

Monster CEO, Do you know what your employees are doing and how they are treating their small business accounts? Do you care to know? If yes, please survey your small business customers directly as your employees have a bad habit of not taking accountability for their actions. Remember Monster too can fall at any given time as the Roman Empire ...especially when leaders do not protect their interests and solely rely on their staff to report on the great revenue stream. I could be off on the numbers, 90%+ of your employees do not have a stake in your company and I assure you they only care about their paycheck. I trust you would care enough about your products and services as small businesses do get big one day...

Lauraonecall's Comment

Written on: 23/06/2015

I am also a small business owner, may I ask how you managed to resolve you issues?

Asked by lauraonecall on 23rd June 2015 Report this content
Does anyone know how to cancel a contract with monster? It is completely ineffective for my small business.

Thanks for answering this question.

We will email your when your answer is on the site