Clydesdale Bank Reviews

Clydesdale Bank
1.4

Clydesdale Bank - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Clydesdale Bank

“The WORST customer service ever.!”

written by DiegoMontgomery400 on 06/09/2022

These greedy idiots just WON'T answer the phone. I only want to change my correspondence address but they NEVER answer. You can tell this a greedy Branson company because that horrible little weasel won't employ any staff. Disgraceful company. Don't use under any circumstances.

“Just disgusting - no other way of putting it. ”

written by Albireo on 18/08/2021

Laughable really. I am supposedly a "private account customer" and I pay for that (not for much longer). I wrote the following to Clydesdale bank, and have been contacted today by some clown from "Virgin Money" who says that my complaint will be responded to in the next 4 to 8 weeks. Just read what I wrote, and reflect on their response! Says it all, doesn't it? I am a private account customer acting as executor to my late father and I will need an account for September / October onwards for this purpose. I am happy to pay a reasonable fee for this safety and security. Your "bereavement line" first of all tells me that you can't be bothered to answer because of Coronavirus, and then tries to throw me back to your website. (Which contains nothing to help me). This is exactly the sort of clueless and infuriating lack of customer service that I have expected since you tied yourself up with the truly dreadful "Virgin" brand, and I can only say how thoroughly depressing it is to see it all starting to happen, exactly as feared. I suggest the following course of action: 1) Get rid of the Coronavirus message on your bereavement line - everyone is maddened by these excuses now and they have become the hallmark of abysmal service and a profound lack of care for customers everywhere. 2) Get that line answered promptly by a human being who sounds as though they care, not a machine - it is a bereavement line, remember? 3) Stop showing so obviously, that you are trying, with every fibre of your being, to try to prevent your customers from actually talking to anyone. 4) Show this all to someone who can make it all happen now, or these comments are going to appear all on feedback pages all over the internet. 5). Kindly have someone email me or call me to deal with my requirement. 6) Dump the Virgin brand, cut your losses, learn from the experience. It is not a good look, and pretty unpopular, having utterly wrecked our gyms, trains, flights, and now, it seems, our banks! Yours most sincerely.

“Account closed for a week.”

written by GlessgaSandy on 18/06/2021

Dear Sirs I am being messed about by the Clydesdale Bank – Virgin Money. On the 31st. May 2021 I phoned the CB bank to notify them I would need to forward £15.000 from my account to my roofing contractor’s account for work completed on my roof. I was told to go ahead and forward the money using my internet banking app, this I did, but the request was not carried out and my account was then closed down. I phoned the Clydesdale Bank and explained what had happened. They took some details and then assured me that the account was once again live. This was not true, the account was still closed. Once again I phoned the bank and spoke with another person and was told a letter would be sent to me with a code enclosed. I was to use this code to prove I was the person named on my account. A letter arrived on Friday 4th June 2021 from VM with a heading (Funds Transfer Payment Advice) and mentioned something about my Camelot Lottery Account which I could not understand. During this time “7 days” I was unable to access my pension or other benefits which are automatically deposited into my bank account. This was a real hardship for me as I have terminal Pancreatic Cancer and I am unable to pay for food deliveries or online purchases. My health condition has dramatically got more severe, I lost 6kgs. in 7days and had to go back into hospital. Thank you.

“lack of any help”

written by on 03/04/2020

they seem to be a bank full of false hope and promises,been with them for almost twenty years,with plenty of funds going in but for the first time i asked for an overdraft i get told by customer services no this is not possible with this account so i spent an hour on phone to change it to the correct account,only then to be told that i could still not have an overdraft,i mean what was the whole point then,this bank in all these years has done nothing for me at all so i think it is time to leave them and i would strongly advise anyone not to get an account with them.

“NEW ALL SINGING AND DANCING INTERNET BANKING DOES NOT WORK”

written by bentchris on 26/09/2018

Yorkshire bank all singing and all dancing internet banking does not work spent the last hour trying to access my account to upgrade my token get through all the security checks then nothing - this is happening on mobile and pc

“Horrible Customer Service ”

written by Copeland305 on 24/01/2018

After 5 weeks working offshore nearly 20 hours a day my husband finally gets paid but Clydesdale Bank decides that it will freeze our account because....NO ONE CAN TELL US WHY!!! After sending legitimate pay slips to “prove” working overseas, they have now taken my husband’s hard earned money and will not release it until “proven” to be not fraudulent! REALLY?!?!?! I’m pretty sure that pay slip did just that! Is this how you treat hard working people who have banked with you for years? Needless to say, once he gets home,after now being stuck overseas, we will be looking for other banking options as Clydesdale Bank has shown us that we cannot trust in them. I’m very disappointed in their customer service. The ladies at our local branch are spotless in their attempts to help but are useless when trying to actually get this situation handled quickly. If we had any issues, we would have contacted you! I’m fuming and will likely be for a while yet. This is completely unacceptable and at your own fault.

“Rude Customer Service Advisors”

written by Hammondks58 on 10/01/2018

Unless they are trying to sell something I find the customer service advisers rude and unhelpful. Would not recommend on that basis.

“Poor or No Service”

written by on 15/11/2017

My mobile app isn't working. This is after it took considerable effort to get registered to use it and using it for a while. As of writing this at 18:40 on a Wed, I've been on hold for 17min 53secs. just spoken to someone. It's a known iPhone issue they never bothered to tell us about. "Turning it off and on again might work."

Kathmfor's Comment

Written on: 24/06/2019

tried to download the app to my samsung tablet. got the message not compatable. contacted the branch only to be told not all tablets support the app. suggested they list the tablets that do support. told to download to mobile. I dont have one so
More or less told I should have one or to get one.Asked which mobiles supported the app. did not get an answer

“Worst Credit Card Company I have ever dealt with.”

written by HaleighMcDaniel on 02/09/2017

The staff are friendly enough, but the actual service I received was appalling. I first opened my account and was sent a card... but the pin never arrived. So contacted Clydesdale to get a pin sent out to me. A year and a half later, over 40 odd phone calls and still no pin!! Meaning I could only ever use my card online which wasnt why I needed the credit card! So, they advised me to order a completely new card, cancel the old one and it will all be resolved. The card never arrived!! They definitely had the right address as I received my statement like clockwork no problem!! Cancelled the whole account today. Would never advice anyone to use Clydesdale. Sorry.

E111's Comment

Written on: 04/09/2017

Just read your comment now, I had a similar problem with one of my previous addresses, some of my mails were getting lost, and it wasn't resolved until I changed my address, I read somewhere that it might be because of fraud, I don't know what is happing in your case, but it is not a bad idea to get a copy of your credit report and see which accounts are open under your name, also clear score is offering a free credit report service which I signed up for about a week ago and been very satisfied with their service. Good luck.

“Working as accountant and using as it as bank line for...”

written by 69Brown on 24/08/2017

Working as accountant and using as it as bank line for one of the clients. Online banking not working with Chrome, always some technical problem when you can't access the bank for a week. Credit card statements can't be accessed online. Don't recommend at all!

“Prompt, efficient & friendly”

written by on 18/08/2017

I live in an area where there are no Clydesdale branches but we switched to them as they were very helpful in arranging a mortgage for us in slightly different circumstances as they had a person making the decision not a computer system! I find their internet banking easy and reliable to use. If I need to speak to someone then their ring back service is very prompt, efficient and friendly.

“on line banking a mess”

written by johnwheldon on 27/07/2017

tried to open an on line 1 year bond, would not let me. letter sent with authentication code and ref no. rang to complete given sort code/ acess no and account no. could not log in. told must wait 24 hrs,tried again 24hrs latter,no joy rang as requested now given another 10 digit code and made 4 digit code and after reading my phone number told another code would me sent to the phone in afew minutes to register for on line banking, received no text.

“Why I am not surprised?”

written by e111 on 27/07/2017

I was shocked but not surprised when I found out this bank and yorkshire bank are basically the same, I just left yorkshire bank a very negative review several days ago, I wanted to open a savings account with this bank, had to physically go there several times, what a hassle it was, what a waste of time, what a pain !

“Don't trust this bank!”

written by Finleyj476 on 25/05/2017

Got a mortgage offer from Clydesdale Bank, now halfway through purchase procedure and have incurred solicitor costs. Today got an email from CB saying they've changed their lending criteria and we dont qualify so mortgage offer withdrawn! Thanks for wasting our time and money, very unprofessional at best.

“Avoid for business banking - terrible customer service”

written by Jaliyahm341 on 19/04/2017

Every stage from filling in the original Clydesdale online application took an age, and the information on their website about my nearest branch was incorrect - the map shown was for a completely different place and the website didn't mention that the branch worked only on an appointment basis A long time after submitting the necessary ID documents i got an email asking which countries I was expecting to receive money from, and promising me a reply within 3 days of my answer. i wrote back to say that i expected to receive a maximum of €1,000 a year from a German-owned company in Ukraine.Having not heard back after two weeks I rang up and was told my application had been turned down but they wouldn't tell me why. When I pressed for an answer i was transferred to someone who said at first that they couldn't say why, but then admitted that the reason was that getting €1,000 from Ukraine was seen by Clydesdale as proof that I was in the money-laundering business. If you want a bank that will communicate with you I suggest you try elsewhere

“Absolute disgrace to deal with. DO NOT BANK WITH...”

written by on 07/04/2017

All we wanted to do was change an account signatory, pretty simple stuff, were made to jump over so many hurdles - it is the single most painful banking experience I've had in my professional career in Finance. Multiple contradictory pieces of advice which we acted on that turned out to be a waste of time. Seriously give this place a miss. Deplorable. I don't know how to rate them zero stars on the attached scale.

“INCOMPETENCE & NO CUSTOMER SERVICE ”

written by on 03/03/2017

A nightmare bank which we are going to leave soon. Thank God. We received a letter advising us their interest rate was dropping from 1.25% to 0.50 % on their 40 day Notice Cash ISA.We then applied online via Newcastle BS for a transfer giving the new provider ALL CORRECT details (bank account/sort code - even Clydesdale customer numbers). We then received a letter from new provider saying Clydesdale rejected the transfer as the details given were incorrect. So we had to re-apply in writing giving the SAME details as the ones given online. When I called their customer service, they denied any knowledge of a Newcastle BS transfer request from them and told me to contact the new provider instead. All that to, obviously, sit on our money longer and at an appalling rate ! Never, ever will we use this bank again. An absolute nightmare from start to finish. (see my first review here in 2015). AVOID THEM AT ALL COST !

“AVOID!! AVOID!!! AVOID!!!!!!!!!!”

written by 256O'Keefe on 21/02/2017

From day one dealing with Clydesdales mortgage department has been a living nightmare. we were re-mortgaging and ask Clydesdale bank for a redemption figure on a personal loan that we wanted to consolidate they told us they could do the re-mortgage so we started the process in oct and was told it would take 10 WEEKS!!!!mid December we called CB and was told that it had been passed to the legal team and we needed to wait. so we waited and waited, we rang optimal legal team who said they had never heard of us? after about a week of constant phone calls we found out CB had sent the wrong ref number pffff. so we are now in January and feel like things should be sorted now as we have been told a completion date. completion date came the previous mortgage was paid on the completion date, however we never received any additional funds but was told twice it had been transferred and keep checking CB tried to take payment,butcancelled the direct debit as instructed as the loan should of been paid. they still have our money and refuse to let me speak to complaints as they need to investigate the issue. every call centre staff you speak to have a preset mode to pass you on to another department or take your number and never call you back!!! one lady was extremely offended that I doubted that she would call me back well what do you know still no call back. I went with Clydesdale to save money yet it has been a false economy as the additional payments made in the time it took to sort this mess out has outweighed any savings. if you are considering using Clydesdale for mortgages take a long look in the mirror and ask yourself do like the feeling that you are being ignored then this is the bank for you. I can personally guarantee this will be one of the most traumatic experiences you will have!!!!!!!!!!!!!

“Bank cards repeatedly blocked by over zealous fraud...”

written by RCT4 on 05/01/2017

Had enough inconvenience and stress caused by Clydesdale Bank. Cards blocked repeatedly whilst shopping online and in stores. No contact from bank when cards blocked. Just left embarassed in stores and unable to spend my own money. Bank advised that blocking is carried out on a completely random basis!!! I.E. no reason or justification!!! CANNOT RECOMMEND THIS BANK. I HAVE BEEN WITH CLYDESDALE SINCE 1973 BUT NOT FOR MUCH LONGER.

“a concerning episode in my life”

written by 34Jenkins on 27/11/2016

I nearly got caught with a phone sham, after I became concerned, I played along finding the transfer details of the shammers bank account. This was a Clydesdale bank account. It was easy to find the branch. I rang the Clydesdale bank branch. To say they were disinterested would not be strong enough. So if you are a shammer its the bank for you. As you might suspect, I am not a customer.