Natwest Reviews

Natwest - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Natwest

Natwest
Natwest

“Absolutely terrible bank. They messed up my loan...”

Written on: 26/11/2022 by MichaelHowes (1 review written)

Absolutely terrible bank. They messed up my loan repayments and they are expecting me to pay for their mistake. Law suit! They broke our agreement and they expect me to pay them for what they messed up. I have never missed a payment in my life untill natwest screwed me over. Stay away from these terrorists.they broke our agreement and arrangement, they lied to me consitantly, what created more issues. A issue they created. And they want me to pay them back the erras they created after they lied, missinformed, misleading and failing to contact me to tell me this and that is happening as we agreed upon. Im taking natwest to court and By god help me i WILL sue you for your lying and incompetency and lack of professional integrity.

“DO NOT OPEN AN ACCOUNT”

Written on: 08/11/2022 by Samson300 (1 review written)

Absolute Joke!!! Block access to all my accounts 48 hours ago with no warning or explanation. I have no access to money or Payee details, not to mention declined card payments and direct debits. After numerous phone calls I'm told a certain department with no name or contact number will be in touch.....Still waiting. I will be switching my accounts and I would think very carefully before opening an account with these utter clowns...

“Not customer focused ”

Written on: 26/07/2022 by MadelinePrater (1 review written)

New debit card received with contactless payment allowed. I have alway had this removed from my debit card, today I was told the bank will not issue replacement without it as all cards must have contactless payment irrespective of their customers wishes. They would rather I moved my banking business elsewhere. I will comply with their wishes. Not had a great experience over 40 years of banking with them, not a bank I would recommend.

“Avoid at all costs. Terrible bank.”

Written on: 01/04/2022 by JH006 (1 review written)

Been with NatWest 2 years, had about 20 frauds in that time. Sometimes before even receiving the replacement bank card. Customer service are very rude, bad mannered and unhelpful. Go into the bank for a solution and they just ring customer service and put you on the phone! I haven't been able to use my card or any online payment in a month due to me being blocked access to my card, but the fraudsters get full access. Tried online complaints and they actually rejected the complaint! All my bills are extremely late, I can't buy anything, and the last of my cash has been wasted on phone credit to be on hold for an insanely long time with no solution. I'm closing my account asap and going elsewhere, this is shockingly bad service. They don't even tell you how or why fraud happened, nor do they stop it a lot of the time, they just stop you - the card owner from accessing money. Don't use NatWest unless youre ok with not being able to access your own money, and having serious attitude thrown at you in the bank or on the phone when trying to resolve their mistakes. I never write reviews, this is how livid NatWest had made me. I wish I'd been warned how bad this bank is 3 years ago.

“Inept doesn't begin to describe it.”

Written on: 01/04/2022 by Phoenix2147 (1 review written)

Spoke to a Natwest employee in branch to ask how I go about making a money transfer to pay for a motorcycle. Was told to log into my online account, fill in details and use card reader to confirm request and it would go through, she even said she'd put a note on the system and I told her the exact amount I would be transferring. When I did the transfer it left my account ok but did not go into the recipients. After a while I received a text to say they would not transfer the money until they'd spoken to me to confirm I had made the request apparently for security reasons. Bear in mind I had given my client number, my PIN number, my password, used my bank card and my card reader to carry out this transaction. I tried ringing the 0345 number I was given to no avail. Having driven a 140 mile round trip at a cost of £40 to purchase this motorcycle plus waiting on the phone for 45 minutes whilst being played awful music interspersed with "one of our agents will be with you shortly" at an extortionate rate when that was clearly never going to happen. This on top of waiting on another 0345 number to Natwest two days earlier for 1 1/2 hours and eventually giving up which cost £14.40. This isn't just a poor service, this behaviour is costing customers money at a time when they can ill afford it with the rapid increase in energy bills, petrol and pretty much everything else. We are your customers, our money keeps you in business so have the decency to give us the service we deserve.

“Bank looks like its run by bank robbers. ”

Written on: 23/09/2021 by Sida.Yaquob (1 review written)

Worst bank in the world. Natwest bank looks like its run by bank robbers. Customer services is no good. Wish everything could be done by machines than to put up with natwest customer services.

“Utterly appaling”

Written on: 13/09/2021 by Rush71 (1 review written)

Online payments kept pending for 24 hours with no communication from bank as to why! Unable to contact anyone by phone Digital chat service worse than useless Biometric security does not work Been with bank for fifty odd years will be closing my account tomorrow Would give zero stars if I could

“NatWest Do Not Care”

Written on: 02/09/2021 by Nevaeht168 (1 review written)

Very bad service, My problem is simple and is to submit my new business account application, still though no one sorted it out yet. I received over than 4 different solutions over some days in which none of them worked. During those days, they say they will call back if line cut and they never do although I had to ask them to call me back if line cut, and still no one cared to call me back. I am tired from repeating my story to every person i speak to; i spokje to over than 10 different people within 3 days only. I wrote a formal complaint and emailed it to them, I received a reply to contact business team in which my complaint is about them. And, when I went online to write my review, I even notice about other people bad experience with Natwest; this fact made me feel I made a mistake opening my first business account with Natwest at the first place, and I should now consider transferring all my 3 accounts with them to another bank who cares. All what I am angry about is the personal time that NatWest had wasted for me along with the delay that they had caused in getting my business running with things that needs to be done such as VAT registration, etc. there is nothing that can describe this situation except that NO ONE CARES, hence there is no reason not to consider a bank transfer.

“Online banking problems”

Written on: 25/01/2021

When I try to log into online banking ,more often than not I get refused entry as I have apparently entered the wrong information. I double check and treble check and get my wife to check as well but still no joy. Eventually I get locked out and have to apply for a new pin and passcode. I have now had enough and will be changing banks due to this terrible system. I have another account with Barclays online banking and have no problems whatsoever with their user friendly system. Wake up Nat West before you lose all your customers.

“discriminative bank ”

Written on: 03/12/2020 by Douglas231 (1 review written)

I have been personal and business banking with NatWest more than 9 years. I am an interest free person so I didn't apply any loans but they get benefits from my money as long years. When I apply a business account for my new business, they refused my application. The officer who assed was very rude and discriminative. When I complaint about it to their supervisor, I received a reply next day as "We’re writing to you to let you know we’ve reviewed your application for a Business Current Account and we’re sorry but we won’t be able to take it any further. As a result you’ll need to make alternative banking arrangements for your business. There isn’t an opportunity to appeal this decision". While ago, when I try to open a personal account to my wife, a banking officer in NatWest Alton branch has discriminated her because she didnt satisfy with the documents. We had opened with the same document in another branch in London. I am taking action to switch the bank immediately. I understand this will not affect the bank but I need to consider a fair bank for my daily banking activity.

“AVOID AT ALL COSTS”

Written on: 19/11/2020 by catorolea (1 review written)

After 10 years of banking with them, Natwest closed down my accounts (rewards, business help to buy - and now I'm gonna lose my accrued interest on savings and help to buy scheme! ) without giving any reason. It's a terrible time to go against their own customers especially for ones like myself who always maintained a good credit rating, constant income in and have savings accounts as well! They're an absolutely ridiculous and vile bank. Stay away as much as possible

“Samsung Pay”

Written on: 06/07/2020 by Charlespls58 (0 reviews written)

This is a review of setting up Samsung Pay on a Nat West current account. I’ve never received such appalling service from a bank. There online support for setting up Samsung Pay, are quite frankly disgraceful. There lack of knowledge in how to set up this payment method was alarming. I was told it would take 2 hours to activate Samsung Pay on my current account. After 2 hours and a chat with online support via messaging (Nat West have stopped telephone support for this service), I was told it would take a further 24 hours to set up. please please avoid this bunch of amateurs claiming to be a bank. This is not a bank. Customer support is non existent and there technically knowledge is primary school level. If your thinking of switching your account to another bank avoid Nat West at all costs. In the long run it will cost you time and many many frustrated hours.

“Does what it says.”

Written on: 02/06/2020 by dmreviews (1 review written)

I’ve been with natwest for about 6 years now. I’ve had my ups n downs with them if I’m honest. They’ve majorly messed up my accounts in past, and when I wanted to start saving money, they don’t really have any decen products. That being said, they’ve always sorted out my issues, and compensated me more than generously. All in all, I’d say they’re not that bad. And the app is good.

“Absolutely disgusted”

Written on: 18/05/2020 by Johnygreek (1 review written)

Absolutely disgusted . No thoughts for pensioners and older people. Saying they have to make payments via direct debit or any way digitally. Many people don’t trust telephone banking and direct debits, including myself. My mother tried direct debit before and was charged extra on her gas bill. Could not get the he money back and was put into credit after a long drawn out process. Will be looking to change banks. As for the advert on tv saying they help people with this Covid crisis. Complete and Utter rubbish, false advertising. The staff there had no compassion for my mother being an 87 year old pensioner. Not a care in the world about my mothers stress levels already. Will have to take her into the bank if this issue is not resolved. To move to the co op if NatWest don’t change there policy. At the moment I really feel sorry for people banking with the Cwmbran branch in Wales. Don’t know if the attitude is the same in other branches in U.K.

“Appalling customer service”

Written on: 03/09/2019

Appalling customer service. Cashiers too lazy to actually attend to customers, telephone customer service staff whose entire function seems to be to act as an obstruction. The word "service" seems to be an unknown concept to them, from the top of the company to the bottom. I rather suspect that the word "customer" will soon become the same.

“"service" for charge ”

Written on: 03/12/2018 by BramblringD (1 review written)

An interest certificate for a bank account for income tax purposes should acutally be available for any customer without request or at least on request free of charge. Nat West priviedes its customers with such certificate at a charge of 25 GBP !!! per account.

“awaful ”

Written on: 19/01/2018 by hburton18609 (1 review written)

the bank is a disgrace i have been waiting 11 days for my card to come i wouldn't use natwest again this totally infuriates me

Romeo12356's Response to hburton18609's Review

Written on: 06/11/2018

This bank is awful there telephone service is awful they only allow u to send 250 a day by the app and they don't care for the custamers awful not my money NEVER

Read 1 Comment

“mobile banking app fraud”

Written on: 21/12/2017 by jtr1961 (1 review written)

I was a victim of fraud 3 weeks ago via NatWest mobile banking app the bank are refusing to refund any money as they say I have given out my personal details, when I argued the case they changed their minds and said it was the smartphone Im using and the software the fraudsters are using. I have since found out there are various online articles being published about how fraudsters are easily getting into Natwest mobile app. Im continuing to fight this as I can't afford to let it go they emptied my account and the bank does not care. PLEASE DONT BANK WITH NATWEST Its made me physically sick and I feel so violated, Im a normal carer for my disabled husband and Im a carer for my young foster grandson the money they took was for their care its disgusting Natwest knows exactly what and where our money comes from yet they make me feel Im the fraudster they should be ashamed of themselves

“Where do I start?”

Written on: 03/11/2017 by Krisztina1 (1 review written)

Where do I start? Last year we opened a joint bank account and a hard credit search was done twice on my credit file. I called the bank straight away and asked them for this to be resolved. I also told my credit reference agency that I would like to dispute the search. Couple of weeks later NatWest refused to take the second search off my file which was done because of their mistake. Made an official complaint which hasn't got resolved FOR OVER A YEAR NOW! A couple of days ago we decided to cancel our account because we were leaving the country. We went to the Twickenham branch in London and got everything some I'm 15 minutes. Finally, I thought to myself they're improving. We cancelled all our direct debits, standing orders, and the account. The next day when we were already outside the country the first direct debit went out...oh joy!!! Contacted their team and they recalled the payment and advised us that the closing of the account will take 5 working days??? Well... We were certainly not told that! I asked again if now all the direct debits were cancelled? I was told, yes and there will be nothing else going out of our account. 2 days later another payment has gone out. Once again I contacted their team and I was told that this is the account fee for the month before...I asked twice while I was in the branch of everything has been some or if there's anything else we need to pay for, I was told it's all done!! How can a bank afford so many mistakes??? It's absolutely ridiculous. This company is a joke and all customers should stay away from them. As nice their customer service people are they also useless of resolving problems! I'm going to pay for the final fee but I'll make sure my review will be everywhere on the internet to warn people.

“NOT TO BE TRUSTED”

Written on: 13/07/2017 by stAlmeida1950 (1 review written)

THERE THERE THEY PUT FOUR THOUSAND POUNDS IN MY ACCOUNT WHEN IT WAS SOME ONE ELSE MONEY FROM ACCOUNT WITH ONE DIFFERENT DIGIT IN ACCOUNT NUMBER WTH SAME INITIALS AS MINE WHEN I TOLD THEM THEY THOUGHT IT WAS FUNNY AND I HAD I HAD WON THE LOTTERY THEY SAID WOULD RING ME BACK AFTER SIX PHONE CALLS BY MYSELF AND THREE WEEKS OF UTTER RUBBISH REPLYS THEY THOUGHT IT WAS A JOKE UNTIL I TOLD THEM I WAS TAKINK THE MONEY OUT REGINAL DIRECTOR PHONED SAYING THEY FOUND WHERE THE HAD COME FROM AND IDENTIFYED A TRAINING NEED A FEW MONTHS LATER I WENT IN TO LOUGHBOROUGH BRANCH TO CANCEL A DIRECT DEBIT I GAVE THEM A LETTER OF AUTHORITY ONLY TWO WEEKS DOWN THE LINE I WAS CHARGED 35 POUNDS FOR REJECTED DIRECT DEBIT BECAUSE NAT WEST HAD CLOSESD THE WRONG DIRECT DEBIT I WENT IN TO THE BANK SPOKE TO THE SAME PERSON WHO SAID OH DEAR WILL SORT IT WILL REFUND YOUR MONEY WILL DO IT IN A WHILE AS I AM BUSY THIS WAS NOT DONE IN FOUR DAYS WHEN I CHECKED MY ACCOUNT SO I WENT BACK IN SPOKE TO THE SAME PERSON AGAIN AND GOT SAME ANSWER SO I SAID IF YOU DONT DO IT NOW WILL CLOSE ACCOUNT THE ANSWER I GOT ITS UP TO YOU SO I CLOSED THE ACCOUNT AFTER 31 YEARS AND WENT TO NATIONWIDE WHO HAVE BEEN BRILLIANT 7 DAYS TO GET MY REFUND