Bob Martin Flea Kill Reviews

Bob Martin Flea Kill - Ask a question now

“Worst flea product ever, dangerous to cats”

Written on: 23/06/2022 by caz888888 (1 review written)

We had unfortunately used this on one of our previous cats, had we known the dangers and had it not been so readily available we wouldn't have used it as it caused terrible neurological problems (neurotoxic?) in the cat. A cat that was supposed to live a longer life, someone very precious to us, which ultimately caused the poor cat to have neurological problems, if not suffering, and eventually had to be put down due as per the advise from a vet. I'd actually really like to get this banned from the market honestly and if there's a petition I'd be glad to sign it.

“Worst prodouct ever!!!! ”

Written on: 11/03/2022 by 111McIntyre (1 review written)

Don't buy this prodouct is extremely dangerous for you cats. Pur cat got an allergic reaction and lost part of the hair, the skin where we apply the prodouct is burnt, he left him with no hair on the neck and pain. It's need to be take out from the market, i reegret i didn't reed before the reviews.

“My cat died”

Written on: 06/03/2022 by StaceyPell (1 review written)

I used Bob Martin spot on treatment on my cat and it burnt his fur off. My other beautiful cat ( who I rescued from Spain and was so special to us) licked him later on that day. Even though the product had dried, he became very Unwell and was sick and lethargic(He had had these symptoms exactly 4 weeks previously when I used the product last, however he recovered so I thought maybe he had eaten something in the garden.). I took him to the vet where they said he had acute kidney failure and by the following morning I had to put him down! We are so devastated. I am convinced it’s from this awful treatment. He was a perfectly healthy and happy cat before I used it. There are so many of these terrible stories. I am amazed it has not been banned. DO NOT USE !!!!!!

“Should be stopped from selling!!”

Written on: 31/01/2022 by AdolfoMorgan454 (1 review written)

As title SHOULD BE STOPPED FROM SELLING!! The main reason people go for Bob Martin products is the price, personally I wouldn't be given this for free! My sister in law is vet and the amount of poor animals brought in just after using this product, vomiting,skin irrigation, seizures etc etc. It doesn't work, in total it is 5% effective so because they can say it is effective it is allowed to be sold as a treatment. Please don't put this unaffected poison on our loved pets.I have Bella & Maxi Patterdale and Yorkie my fur babies I always go for the products you can get from the vets but can also buy over the counter,I totally get why you would go for BM but surely the extra few pounds is worth it get rid of the horrible crawlies off our fur babies!

“Stay well clear of this poison!! ”

Written on: 29/01/2022 by 471Schwartz (1 review written)

I treated my Hamster with Bob Martin spot on treatment, and have regretted my choice ever since!! As he was a Russian Dewarf I treated him with recommended 3 drops for a mouse, instead of the 6 drops recommended for a hamster on the packaging. I gave this to him Wednesday night, he slept all day and night on Thursday and wasn't his usual hectic self. Which is extremely unlike him so decided to wash off what I could from his fur, but it was too late. Friday morning he wasn't looking great and wasn't his usual self. Very slow and dopey. I had him booked in Saturday morning to see a vet but By Friday night he had passed away!! Shocking, don't give this poison to any animal unless you want to kill it!

“DOGS FUR FALLING OUT”

Written on: 30/11/2021 by AngT (1 review written)

I applied Bob Martin flea spot on treatment for large dogs. After two weeks her hair is bald in places and falling out. She has scratched so much I had to take her to the vets. She is now on tablets to try and stop the itching. £120 so far and more to come!! Aside from the cost it has been extremely difficult to see my dog suffer from my actions. Please don't use this on your pet!

“Do not use on cats”

Written on: 26/11/2021 by Mich37 (1 review written)

I used this product as a cheaper alternative to the vets one I usually buy. It has burnt my cats skin. He is scratching that much he is bleeding and covered in scabs and has needed treatment at the vets. Absolutely disgusting how anyone could sell a product that can harm an animal.

“wouldn't recommend to an enemy as it is an irritant -...”

Written on: 10/11/2021 by MichelleBlake (1 review written)

My Persian cat regularly has flea treatment and my experience of Bob Martin products is inferior and not only does it fail to eradicate fleas it creates irritation to the extent that the poor feline scratches itself continually, washing excessively and pulls fur out in clumps. Very worrying and both independent private vets in London and Dorset have suggested alternatives avoiding Bob Martin branding it as ineffective. Also more expensive than Petsathome!!

“Don't waist your money”

Written on: 04/11/2021 by Tinkerbell66kkl (1 review written)

I bought this for my dog as she picked up flea's from somewhere. I bought the tablets the spot on and the house spray from same company and none of it has worked money I spent running to my local supermarket who only sells this brand and none of it worked she still has flea's. So don't waist your money.

“Bob Martin dog flea treatment ”

Written on: 17/10/2021 by Ross179 (1 review written)

Do not buy it and waste your money, doesnt work, gave me anaphylaxis and my dog lost his fur and got allergy, please do not treat your animal with this as its dangerous for them and for humans!!!

Mika153's Comment

Written on: 31/10/2021

I had the same experience, had anaphylaxis, my dog got bad skin allergy and fur loss, this product will kill you quicker than the fleas, do not recommend, waste of the money!!!

Mika153's Comment

Written on: 31/10/2021

Read 2 Comments

“DOES NOT WORK! SEEMS TO ATTRACT!!!”

Written on: 10/10/2021 by Padilla430 (1 review written)

Used BM flea and Tick spot on treatment. Usually use Advantage but just moved and had to register with new Vet so decided to use a round of BM. Not only does it not work but my poor Cat seems to have MORE fleas than he ever has.( he's 8.) What's worse is for the first time in his life (as far as I'm aware) He had a tick ON HIS FACE!!! Flea and Tick TREATMENT??? Ha! How is this still being sold? DO NOT USE,PET LOVERS!!!

“This flee and worm treatment killed my cat!!”

Written on: 09/08/2021 by 288Dempsey (1 review written)

Why on earth is this even on sale!! My 2 cats grew suddenly ill after a year of using this treatment and one of them DIED!! My vet told me and my partner this was exclusively due to this product, it has ABSOLUTELY NON of the de-fleaing or de-worming properties it claims to have and is a complete placebo! I am now paying through the noes for vet treatment for the cat that did survive and my family is mourning the loss of our beloved cat that passed. How can a product like this exist. You take our money and kill our pets!! Disgraceful act by a disgusting company.

Michelleblake's Comment

Written on: 11/11/2021

This firm has to be banned immediately as my persian is ill pulling all his luxury fur out scratching licking all day and night..

Ripteddyboy's Comment

Written on: 29/01/2022

So sorry to hear your awful experienced. I wish I had read all these bad reveiws before I used it. But I brought it from a pet store and assumed it would be fine. I used The bob martin , spot on treatment and it killed my sons perfectly healthy hamster within 48 hours of using it. And I only used half of the recommended dose!

Read 2 Comments

“My 12 week kitten died due to this treatment ”

Written on: 05/08/2021 by Emma1898 (1 review written)

We used this flea treatment for our cats/kittens and dog all of half hour later we noticed 2 of our kittens shaking and not able to walk properly they wouldn’t eat or drink. I decided to wash the flea treatment off them and washed all their mouths out I wrapped them up to stay warm but then we noticed another one of our kittens and our own big cat doing the same but our big cat queenie starting foaming at the mouth and was constantly shaking she also would eat or drink. In all of About an hour to 2 later one of the kittens had sadly died this is heart breaking she was only 12 weeks old, I’ve managed to get the other 2 kittens and my own cat back to normally they are all eating an drinking again now and have all stopped shaking. I’m so disappointed in Bob Martines flea treatment they are meant to be safe for our animals instead one of my beautiful bundles of fluff have died. I don’t see how they can still be making treatments when it’s doing stuff like this to our animals it should be sent back to be tested again and again I’ve looked at the reviews on here an my beautiful kitten isn’t the 1st to have died due to this treatment. I’m going to do my best to make sure this treatment doesn’t keep hurting and killing our animals.

Staceypell's Response to Emma1898's Review

Written on: 06/03/2022

I’m so sorry to read this! I wish I had seen this before I used the spot on treatment on my cat. It burnt through his fur leaving a bald patch. My other beautiful cat who I saved from spain and was so special to us, licked him later on In the day. He the. Became ill, started to be sick and within 2 days had complete kidney failure and had to be put to sleep. We are devastated. Thai product needs to be banned!!!!

Read 1 Comment

“Doesn't kill fleas”

Written on: 04/08/2021 by hrBoyle59 (1 review written)

I work for a small animal welfare organisation where people often come to obtain financial help for their pets. Whenever I encounter flea ridden cats and dogs, people often say they used Bob Martin flea drops. I decided to make an experiment and switched my usual Frontline and Advocate for Bob Martin drops. 2 weeks after the first administration my pets started bringing fleas to the house which never happened before. I repeated the treatment after 4 weeks as instructed and it was as if I never used any flea treatment at all. Complete waste of money. I had to switch back to other brand which actually kills fleas. It made me reluctant to use any other Bob Martin product in the future.

“Doesn't work”

Written on: 08/11/2017 by Romero1963 (1 review written)

I bought this product and used it 7 days ago on two dogs, today they can't stop scratching, I am making a vets appointment now, this product is not working.

“Depends on the individual pet”

Written on: 25/08/2017 by Harryr176 (1 review written)

Having used both Spot On and other flea drop products, ANY of them can make your dog or cat sick (especially cats). For my cat, Spot On (or other products with Neem Oil) are the only ones that DIDN'T make her sick and the Spot On is the only one I've found to do the best job at getting rid of the MOST fleas. You can NEVER get rid of all the fleas; you should ALWAYS DO A SPOT CHECK of any flea drops or sprays on your pets (like the spot checks you do for hair dye). None of them are perfect, you can only find what works best for your individual pets.

“My cats fur fell out!!!!”

Written on: 14/08/2017 by Lisaxmcx (1 review written)

Oh my god!!! I cannot believe after reading these reviews what is actually happening! Iam not letting this go! I put the spot on treatment on my cat and the following day she had a huge bald patch where I applied it! It has burnt the hair right from the roots! This is disgusting what the hell is in this treatment! First thing in the morning Iam taking this further! I wasn't sure if it was the treatment but it is! It's in the same place o applied it and after reading these reviews now way Iam having this!

“Dog died”

Written on: 10/02/2017

We spray our 5 month old Yorkie with the Bob Martin Flea & Tick spray, he was always a ball of energy. Suddenly he became sick the same evening, had to rush him to vet, and he did not make it. There was nothing else he ate or did that could have make him sick.

“death in kittens due to bob martin flea powder ”

Written on: 01/02/2017 by Larson238 (1 review written)

applied Bob Martin flea powder to my kittens next thing i know they are dying off one by one so heartbroken! all three kittens dead in one week! please *WARNING!!!!! to all people DO NOT BUY BOB MARTIN! kills your pets before you know it they seriously need to o more research and create safer flea treatments for pets. And i urge you all to not recommend Bob Martin to anyone else for flea treatment rather use apple cider vinegar and water and apply as a spray or use alternative treatments which are safer. Definitely will not buy this product again and tell shop owners not to stock this product.Had no option but to put a rating doesn't even deserve that one star

“as much use as Anne Franks drum kit”

Written on: 06/09/2016 by bobmartinsanidiot (1 review written)

aye so I bought this for my cat who was scratching, put a pipette each on my three cats and sprayed the whole house...next thing theres fleas everywhere. its as if it makes them appear so you have to buy more stuff. I wentto my vet next day and got advantage and proper spray. fleas are now dying. bob martin to me is a waste ofmoney and the poor cats had to be held.down and bathed and put fresh flea treatment on, unnecessary stress to them. if I ever met bob martin and he was on fire id get some water and drink it,thats how I feel about this stuff