Hi Life Complete Moist Menus Dog Food Reviews

3.8

Hi Life Complete Moist Menus Dog Food - Ask a question now

“DO NOT BUY THESE ”

written by Annaliser197 on 03/09/2023

I’ve ended up with grain mites since buying these I’ve had to throw £1000s worth of stuff out and I’ve still got an infestation of them, hi life pets pantry are bound to no about this because I no of 2 other people that have them off this food and my mam is one of them! I’ve contacted hi life several times about this with no response!! Disgusting that they sell stuff like this I will be going to the papers with this and also trading standards!

“They love it”

written by Dominguez219 on 13/02/2020

My dogs are not fussy eaters. they are rescue dogs, a Collie and a Jack Russel, they like the moist food from Hi Life, but love the Beef and chicken. I think it is fairly expensive compared to their dry dog food (if given as the main meal,) but cheap when used most satisfactorily as a treat. I have had to order it at some well known pet food outlets, but it is available at one of the supermarkets in the local town. Give it a go, dogs like variation in both walks and food.

“Awful gasoline smell and molds”

written by Sweeneyxi406 on 08/08/2016

I've been feeding my Pug Hi-life for almost a year now with no problems. He goes really crazy for the sausages in them. But 2 months ago I bought a pack from the groceries only to realize half way that it's been molding and smelt slightly of gasoline. I instantly threw the bag thinking that it might have been because it was left unsealed (because we usually reseal it with clips or a stronger tape since the tape that it comes with just doesn't do the job) A week back I buy 4 packs and after opening one of them it was molded and reeked of gasoline (this time very very strong) I am now worried of the process that the food goes through.I might have to switch my dog to a different brand.

“Doodle licious”

written by on 22/04/2016

I have two labradoodles who love this food, have tried various types of food but this one keeps their tummies settled and that for me is great news. I have one fussy eater who finishes her bowl so that's a good recommendation. The only issue I have is the 3kg bags are not big enough for two healthy appetites , I wish you made larger size as I have to get 2-3 bags a week!

“Drunk so much water and had to go out in the night!!!”

written by Gillybean4 on 21/11/2014

I thought my dog was really I'll. She is 11 years old, a cocker spaniel called Coco. She has cateracts but is otherwise really healthy. She never stops running when I take her out. In the last few days she has been drinking SOOOOO much water and waking me as she's needed to go out to spend a penny. I was so worried and started looking up what could be wrong with her. It could be so many things but she had no other symptoms. I even thought she might have cancer. I was distraught. I only fed her this Hi Life food a few times as a special treat as she seemed to like it so much. It was as I went to order some more I came across this review and everything clicked into place. I haven't fed her this for two days and I've NOT been up at night!! There is no question, it is the food that causes this problem. Your dog is not sick, just eating a terrible dog food!!! Maybe it's salt...I have no idea, I only know, STOP FEEDING THIS TO YOUR DOG AND TGEY WILL BE FINE!!!

Johobbs's Response to Gillybean4's Review

Written on: 04/07/2017

So glad I have just read this review, my beagle has been having the same problem for the past couple of weeks since I changed him to high life food! He's been waking me up in the night for a wee and is drinking bowls and bowls of water !
I too was worried he was ill but he seems fine in himself..
I'm going to stop using this straight away !!

“Would not recommend”

written by on 22/09/2013

I have had dogs all my life and feed them on James wellbeloved. Recently I looked after my friends 2 dogs and she feeds them on Hilife beef. I was shocked as to how much these dogs drink after eating and it goes on all day. Never have I seen anything like it. Big gulps of water as if they are desperate. I changed them onto my dogs food and they drank normally in small quantities. Never will I recommend this food to anyone. It is not normal for animals to drink water like there is no tomorrow. I would imagine if there was no water available, they would go demented. Im appalled that they sell this sort of food.

Gillybean4's Comment

Written on: 22/11/2014

Thank you so much for your review.
I seriously believed my dog was ill, possibly even had cancer.
After reading your review the penny dropped and I realised it was this food. I only fed her with it every now and again and it tied in perfectly with her bouts of desperation for drinking huge amounts of water and waking at night to go out for a wee.
Thank you again so much.
I wonder how many other people are suffering thinking their dog has kidney problems or even cancer!

“Too much salt/sugar & wheat”

written by Snarkle on 30/09/2012

My dog loved this at first, and to be honest, we were relieved when she appeared to enjoy mealtimes, rather than be picky and fussy. Her toileting was back to normal too, rather than being problematic due to her erratic eating. All well and good, or so I thought. After about three weeks, i noticed she was drinking far more than usual, and gulping down the water so much that she suffered from painful wind. She began to bring water back up, as it was sitting on trapped wind. I looked at the ingredients, and noticed high levels of salt, sugar, soya, and wheat listed. This isn't good for dogs AT ALL!! I have switched to a healthier dog food, and have had no further wind or sickness problems. Lesson for dog owners - check the ingredients!

“doggie delight”

written by agnesroffe on 29/02/2012

i was abit iffy about this food ,i have 5 cavalier king charles dogs who are pampered to death , hence they are extremely fussy eaters. but i have no proplems with HI-LIFE. THEY ADORE IT , buti wish i could buy it in bigger packs one bag does not go very far with 5 dogs

Gillybean4's Response to agnesroffe's Review

Written on: 22/11/2014

Watch what they drink to compensate for that food!!!
At first it seems a good idea but you will soon realise they drink gallons and if any of them are older they will need to get up in the night for a pee!!!!

“CAN ANYONE LET ME KNOW RETAIL OUTLETS WERE I CAN BUY...”

written by on 26/09/2010

CAN ANYONE LET ME KNOW RETAIL OUTLETS WERE I CAN BUY HI BEEF WITH CHEESE OUR LOCAL ASDA HAVE STOPPED SELLING IT ! THANKS

Guest's Comment

Written on: 07/05/2012

hi.you can buy from tesco and morrisons plus sainsburys

Gillybean4's Comment

Written on: 22/11/2014

Probably because the food is so bad for your dog! They will drink gallons of water BECAUSE OF THE FOOD and eventually wake you up to let them out at night!!!

Kasabian's Comment

Written on: 16/03/2013

Delivered from amazon

“my little shih tzu will not eat anything else i just...”

written by on 24/04/2010

my little shih tzu will not eat anything else i just wish i could buy it in bigger bags for when we go on holiday i struggled when he was a pup he was so fussy but now he can,t wait for breakfast and tea i like the fact he eats it straight away it doesnt sit there all day while he picks at it do you make a bigger bag than 2kilo?

“i HAVE TRIED EVERYTHING FORMY SPRINGER OSCAR AND NOW...”

written by on 21/03/2010

i HAVE TRIED EVERYTHING FORMY SPRINGER OSCAR AND NOW HE'S TURNED ONE I WAS GETTING WORRIED ABOUT HIS LACK OF INTEREST IN HIS FOOD SO I BOUGHT THE HI LIFE COMPLETE MOIST FOOD AND HE LOOKS FORWARD TO HIS MEALS NOW, EVEN SITS WITH HIS TAIL WAGGING WHEN I GET THE PACKET OUT, I THINK IT'S THE TEXTURE OF THE FOOD, IT'S A VERY SIMILAR TO THE TEXTURE OF TREATS THAT ARE MADE FOR DOGS, IT DOESN'T MATTER THOUGH, HE'S HAPPY AND I CAN STOP WORRYING.

“my cocker spaniel will only eat hilife prestige...”

written by lesleywils on 20/12/2009

my cocker spaniel will only eat hilife prestige pouches and complete beef and cheese. i have tried all others and dont no what id do if they stopped making these foods.they are a bit more expensive but at least they dont go to waste.I think its because its proper bits of chicken and ham instead of processed.happy puppy = happy us

“I have a very fussy Whippet and Greyhound and they...”

written by on 21/10/2009

I have a very fussy Whippet and Greyhound and they have even got sick of roast chicken can you believe! Anyway after trying just about everything available, I tried Hi-Life complete in desperation with both flavours and they just love it. I do ring the changes sometimes but it is the only food that they will eat with relish! At last a dog food which they look forward to eating. It is not the cheapest by a long way but it's just a pleasure to see them happy.

Naunton's Comment

Written on: 30/01/2010

I found this review very helpful because.I also have a fussy (skinny)whippet have tried all sorts but she gets fed up She has stuck with HIlife chicken and turkey and we're delighted .am going to try the beef and cheese also .Wish the was a way to buy one pouch for trial!!!..

“one of my two staffies will eat nothing other than the...”

written by on 22/09/2009

one of my two staffies will eat nothing other than the Hi Life chicken and lamb with rice,but as it seems they have stopped making this flavour of dog food. i guess she will have to have frolic and like it, otherwise die from hunger which with her is possible. why do these companies keep changing things that dont need to be?

“For 7 years our dog loved the Hilife Rice,chicken &...”

written by on 23/08/2009

For 7 years our dog loved the Hilife Rice,chicken & lamb flavour in pouches. It seems that Hilife have discontinued this flavour as I cannot find it any where now. Unfortunately, he will not eat any of the other flavours which is very unusual for a labrador! I was forced to try out other makes of dog food in the hope of finding a food that he would eat! Chicken flavour Frolic is the winner so far! PLEASE, PLEASE bring back the RICE, CHICKEN & LAMB Hilife which my dog and I would have given 5 stars to!

“My springer spaniel has been on Hi life complete moist...”

written by on 20/08/2009

My springer spaniel has been on Hi life complete moist dog food beef and cheese flavour for twelve years and not only has the packaging changed but the contents too and she will not eat it! Please revert back to the old ingrediants it has kept my dog fit and healthy for all those years why change

“my doggies love the Hi Life Complete in box packets,...”

written by on 11/08/2009

my doggies love the Hi Life Complete in box packets, but cannot purchase any where as it been stopped ty

“I have a very fussy little girl and she loved hi life...”

written by on 04/08/2009

I have a very fussy little girl and she loved hi life complete moist, but now they have changed the packaging to the self seal ones she wont touch it, the ingredience must have been changed so now im looking for another I can try her on, which is a shame as its the only thing she would eat, shes hasnt eaten hardly anything for days becuase I cannot find her another one that she likes, PLEASE REVERT BACK THE THE INDIVIDUAL PACKETS,

“I have a very fussy cocker spaniel. It took ages to...”

written by on 28/07/2009

I have a very fussy cocker spaniel. It took ages to find a food he liked. Eventually we found Hi Life chicken, lamb and rice. I liked the convenient portion packets and he loved the food. Unfortunately I have just found out that they have stopped this flavour now and I know he doesn't like the other flavours becaused they are a different shape! Looks like I've got to find something else

“my dogs love hi life complete moist food and i find...”

written by on 20/05/2009

my dogs love hi life complete moist food and i find this brand is always eaten quickly

Asked by m.benson on 20th September 2014 Report this content
Why has my hi life dog food turned to dust and was no good to give my dog?

Thanks for answering this question.

We will email your when your answer is on the site

Asked by chimpygoggins on 12th September 2014 Report this content
Is Hi-life feed me and hi life pets pantry complete meaty chunks suitable for my 6 month old puppy? She loves it when pinching from older dog. She is a tiny griffon.

Thanks for answering this question.

We will email your when your answer is on the site