Kitekat Chunks In Jelly Reviews

Kitekat Chunks In Jelly - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Kitekat Chunks In Jelly

“Sick Cat”

written by Israel33 on 26/05/2015

I purchased the meat in jelly pouches and my cat has ate all of them with no problem except for the duck in jelly. She ate part of the duck in jelly and then was sick several times after. Having thought that it just didn't agree with my cat I gave the remainder of the duck in jelly pouches to my sister for her cat and it had the same affect on hers!!!!! I don't know what the recipe is for the duck but it has a bad affect on cats!!!! Not really a good thing when it's cat food

“The times of change.”

written by charliecatmk11 on 18/02/2015

I have bought this brand of cat food for a number of years now, however, some one has altered the recipe, more than likely profit orientated. I noticed this change while emptying the contents into my cats' feeding bowl, it seems to be "mushy", my cat would sooner eat dry cat food than this pap you now call kitekat, the ball is in the makers' court, may I suggest that kitekat revert to the old recipe which my cat loves?

“They've changed it ??”

written by Sasha69 on 21/08/2014

This was something my cats would always eat, but they've changed the packaging recently and I think they must have changed the recipe, can I get my cats to eat it NO!! All three of them just walk away grrrr

“Great Cat Food ”

written by xlMedeiros3 on 22/03/2014

Cat enjoys the food.. Does a little cat dance while open the tin .. Good value cat food

“Not recommend ”

written by Kittyblue on 08/03/2014

My cat will eat absolutely any cat food that I put in front of her. Recently I purchased a 6 pack of kitekat chunks in jelly and my cat will not even try it. She will go to the cat bowl smell the kitekat and then walk away. I tried her with each of the different flavours in the pack with the same result. It was a waste of money as I had to go out and buy an alternative brand which she ate straight away and cried for more.

“Not reccomended”

written by on 03/11/2013

It seems some cats enjoy this food, however based on the comments a large amount of cats don't. Mine was sick after eating this, so when in doubt about whether your cat will like this or not, be very cautious feeding it to them.

“maggots”

written by on 10/08/2013

something nasty is going on with this food after less than an hour of putting it out for cat it is crawling with maggots downright disgusting wont be buying that anymore.

Tillyandslink's Comment

Written on: 10/12/2013

Cats are incredibly fussy creatures and i suspect that just like us they like variety and sometimes just dont want what we put in front of them. Our cats will devour sachets of premium cat food for a few days then suddenly turn their noses up at it and happily consume the cheapest supermarket brand. To single out kitekat and say it was full of maggots withinan hour is just silly, flies will lay eggs on any sort of food within minutes but under perfect conditions maggots would not appear for at least a day. I suggest paying more attention to house keeping and less time making silly and misleading comments about one brand of cat food.

“Cheap and nasty!”

written by on 22/07/2013

I thought I'd try the cats on this as they were starting to develop expensive tastes. The first box I bought was ok,however this second box was dry and an odd colour. When I have gone to feed my cats today however I opened a pouch and tipped it into the cat bowl...to find it crawling with maggots!!! Do not buy this product if you value your cats!!!

Lucysfriend's Comment

Written on: 05/08/2013

The same has happened to us twice this week from the Kit-e-Kat brand, we do not even normally purchase this but just happened to get on the way home. My cat wouldn't go near her bowl and when I looked closer it was crawling with maggots. Disgusting! Never again! Do not buy this for your cat.

Ezzeblack's Comment

Written on: 08/08/2013

just recently the same thing is happening after an hour of putting the food out it is crawling with maggots

“Hypercativity”

written by on 01/11/2012

Since changing my normally pleasant, relaxed demonstrative loving cat's diet to Kitekat, she has turned into a psychotic, twitching, hypercatively disturbed feline. It has taken vet visits and blood tests to thankfully dertermine nothing more sinsiter than the root cause pointing to the change in her diet. And after having weened her off the KiteKat, she is now back to her normal healthy self. So, for me, it's pretty conclusive that the "E" in KitEkat stands for "e" numbers.....

“Cheap and down right nasty”

written by elizebowers on 02/09/2012

They have very obviously changed the cat food as our cat now won't eat Kit e Kat although he always has for over 10 years. Won't be buying again the jelly round both the tins and sachets is now like water and as this was our cats favourite bit there is no point in purchasing to waste our money. Have gone on to co-op's own brand which has remained the same good quality as always. My extra tins will have to be handed into our cat rescue Ludicrious!!!

“Its all in the wording!”

written by on 15/05/2012

Until recently as long as the cat had a good selection of flavours and makes she wasn't at all fussy eating, however, as soon as Kitekat labels changed from "chicken/salmon (etc) flavour" to "flavoured with chicken/salmon (etc)", she stopped eating Kitekat and now will not look at it nevermind sniff it or eat it. I am told that the re-wording was introduced when the artifical colouring was removed but the food otherwise was exactly the same. The cat as far as I know cannot read, so therefore I suspect a cheapening of the products ingredients also occured at this same time.

“hello psychokitty ”

written by naomi7193 on 04/09/2011

although it's not a bad food and the cat enjoyed the food, she didn't always eat all of it and i found after eating the food she would become absolutely crazy almost uncontrolably hyperactive. also in the tins there seem to be more jelly than meat which is why i think the cat didn't always like it after all they are carnivores meat is what they like to eat. we decided after we had been feeding the cat on it for a week it was time to change and so we did we chose ASDA tiger cat food instead and now teh cat eats it all and acts normally as apposed absolutely mad as hatter.

“All 5 of my cats eat Kit-e-kat Jelly in tins but would...”

written by on 08/05/2010

All 5 of my cats eat Kit-e-kat Jelly in tins but would prefer pouches.
I've tried Supermarket own brands & everything including Whiskers tins but for some reason they prefer Kit-e-kat which has less meat content than many top brands this is good for my pocket as the Supermarket sells it for under a fiver.

“KiteKat in jelly - tins ”

written by on 08/04/2010

KiteKat in jelly - tins

My cat likes this & its cheap

However, on 2 occasions one have the flavours has been off in the multi pack. Salmon flavour one looked different with the jelly cloudy instead of clear - the cat won't touch it -all 3 tins in the bin

It's not the sort of thing you want to take back to the supermaket for your money back! I'm switching brands.

They are all a rip off though - look at the % of meat in the tins 4%!

“amazing i think everyone how has a cat should by it”

written by on 16/10/2009

amazing i think everyone how has a cat should by it

“Kitekat Chunks In Jelly - It is my cat's fave cat...”

written by Becky626 on 24/05/2005

Kitekat Chunks In Jelly - It is my cat's fave cat food. I've tried Felix, Whiskas, Iams, and she likes Kitekat the best. It's also a very good price. I think it is the best cat food ever.

Asked by Donnadingle76 on 22nd July 2016 Report this content
I purchased six tins of kitekat food on the 16th July 2016 and the meat in there was absolutely rancid they were purchased at Asda. I have kept them in a cool and dry cupboard in my kitchen my cat won't touch it so there is something wrong as he's very healthy and will eat almost anything. Is there a complaints department as I need to write to them any help would be great thanks?

Thanks for answering this question.

We will email your when your answer is on the site

Asked by dianacolley on 29th August 2014 Report this content
I have used this cat food for 15 years. Why have they changed it? I have 12 cats, all very happy eating kit-e-kat, but now will not touch the beef or duck jelly in their 6 pack. Are they still going to make the old packs? My cats will not eat other cat foods.

Thanks for answering this question.

We will email your when your answer is on the site