Pontins, Wall Park Reviews

Pontins, Wall Park - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Pontins, Wall Park

“cant bring pets”

written by jhKent328 on 25/03/2015

I WOULD LOVE TO BRING MY FAMILY TO PONTINS BUT I THINK ITS WRONG THAT YOU CANT BRING PET DOGS UNLESS YOU ARE BLIND [NO DISRESPECT TO THE BLIND THOUGH PETS ARE LIKE CHILDREN THEY NEED TO BE WITH THERE FAMILY NOT LOCKED UP IN A KENNLES. DOES ANYONE AGREE?

“The budget apartment was dirty, not cleaned properly...”

written by on 20/08/2010

The budget apartment was dirty, not cleaned properly before we arrived - toilet full of excrement - length of time to obtain keys too long - both and adult and kids entertainment poor - the site was shabby, dirty, people loud and drunk at night, swearing, all activites cost money, except the art & crafts - which was merely paper and a few crayons
Th only good thing about the pONTINS Prestatyn site was the staff, especially the bluecoats who were friendly helpful and tried to make the most of what they had to work with. I cannot praise them enough
Deal or no Deal downloaded from the internet is NOT 'cabaret entertainment'
NOT RECOMMENDED - WE WILL NEVER GO AGAIN - J. SWANTON 31/07/10

“going to pontins tomorrow and iv been once before and...”

written by on 11/04/2010

going to pontins tomorrow and iv been once before and it was ok abit uno but it was ok

“I was a little worried after reading some of the...”

written by on 11/09/2008

I was a little worried after reading some of the reviews but Wall Park was a great low cost holiday that all of the family enjoyed. We booked for one week and were treated well from the man at the gate house al the way to our chalet which had recently been refurbished. Great view from our room. Staff couldn't do enough for us. Very pleased and would definitely visit again

“After seeing the reviews before we went we were...”

written by on 02/09/2008

After seeing the reviews before we went we were worried but it was unfounded. I would recommend this camp to anyone. There is plenty to do and many attractions nearby Paignton Zoo was great my four kids loved it Brixham was a nice town as was Paington and the people we met were very helpful.

“Our expectations were quite low (given lots of...”

written by on 02/09/2008

Our expectations were quite low (given lots of comments online) - our free classic upgrade probably helped, and whilst the unit was basic, it was simply a bed for the night. In future, I'd pay the extra for a sleep 6 unit, to get the second bedroom (I didn't like the sofa-bed much). Looks like the owners are spending money to gradually improve the units.
Reception were great, and the entertainment was......variable. Less activities on during the day than I had expected.

“Weather is a factor that is not under our control but...”

written by Jan Wassell on 16/08/2008

Weather is a factor that is not under our control but my whole experience of Wall Park this year has left a bitter aftertaste which has grieved so much - think of long standing loyalty customers and recompense them for the shambles they have made of what we as a family have classed as home from home for many years.

“Good stuff for children. Fantastic entertainment,...”

written by on 11/08/2008

Good stuff for children. Fantastic entertainment, great apartments, great friendly staff, great performers, a great arcade and a great swimming pool with massive slide. Great kids park equipment best Pontins park eva. Best holiday eva. Only bad point expensive in shop, some stuff cheap.

“Well Wall Park is a good place. Overall it is great...”

written by chelcii on 27/07/2008

Well Wall Park is a good place. Overall it is great its fun for children and lots of places to visit
But the chalet that we got put into first was so small to fit 5 people in and wasn't clean at all we had to clean it ourself even the cooker was broke and we couldn't even use the shower and the cooker at the same time anyway but they didn't do nothing when we reported it and we had to stay in the chalet till we left to got home. It was a disgrace.

“We have been to wall park for 4 years on the run, we...”

written by on 08/07/2008

We have been to wall park for 4 years on the run, we love it there and after reading some of the stories that other people have wrote I thought I must view my opinion as well. We love the place the people are great really friendly and great with the kids the weather is normally hot, well is hot as it's going to get in this country, the scenery is fantastic, the restaurant is basic but edible we are a family of 4 I think it's quite expensive, they could work more on value. There is lots to do on and off the park. I must agree the chalets do need a lick of paint outside and money spent inside as well mainly on replacing things that have been there forever. All in all though we thoroughly enjoyed it and have gone back year after year we are due to go back this summer so will keep you posted.

“Great holiday and would come back. I really enjoyed my...”

written by on 05/07/2008

Great holiday and would come back. I really enjoyed my time here even though it is no longer Pontins the pool was by far the best point of the park, the life guards were very friendly and were great with the children.

“Overall a very good holiday. Very clean campsite...”

written by on 28/06/2008

Overall a very good holiday. Very clean campsite itself good pool for children very good entertainment

“For a sun holiday you cant really complain, its not...”

written by on 21/06/2008

For a sun holiday you cant really complain, its not the ritz but you want the Ritz you pay for it! Very clean site, lovely welcoming staff and very accommodating when we asked for a bigger chalet. Entertainment was great and staff were fab with the kids. Obviously work very hard at their job and always smiling (unlike lifeguards). Read reviews before our holiday so prepared ourselves for the worst as didn't sound good but hey it's not that bad. It was a holiday for the kids and the site is very child friendly and they all loved it which is the main thing. So anyone reading this who has a holiday booked at wall park-don't panic Added bonus is that Torquay and Brixam are beautiful towns to visit, also you mustn't come home without a visit to Paignton zoo.

“Booked a Sun mid week break at Pontins Wall Park....”

written by on 14/06/2008

Booked a Sun mid week break at Pontins Wall Park. Almost didn't bother going after reading reviews. Accommodation not ready 'till 6pm. Gave us an upgrade because of this to Classic. We got plastic 'school' chairs & tatty furniture. Matresses seemed 'tired' = bad backs. Clean but some paintwork needed recoating, linen felt damp. Site located near Berry Head with splendid views. Don't walk into Brixham unless you are related to a mountain goat, use car. You won't miss anything by not going to Brixham! Recommend Painton Zoo and round robin steam train/ferry/bus trip to Dartmouth & Totness.
All in all my five year old had fun despite the constant rain. You get what you pay for and we paid peanuts for this. We shall know better next time.

“Very pleasantly surprised by Pontins Wall Park. Had...”

written by Ole Grumpy on 14/06/2008

Very pleasantly surprised by Pontins Wall Park. Had formed an opinion from other reports that the place was run down and had been sold off probably because it was ripe for redevelopment.
Very pleasantly surprised that this doesn't seem to be the case.
Brixham is a delightful Fishing town very clean with no graffiti. Plenty of places of interest in the area especially Dartmouth.

“Booked a weekend through The Sun. Overall a good...”

written by on 02/06/2008

Booked a weekend through The Sun. Overall a good experience of this site. Booked an upgrade from Budget to Classic and on check-in the reception said this was free of charge so no complaints there. The room was very clean, although smelt a bit musty, nothing opening the windows didn't solve. The entertainment was fun for the kids. Didn't eat on site, but families beware, most of the pubs and restaurants in Brixham itself don't allow children under 14 in!! This doesn't appear to be a Pontin's site anymore, so maybe its improving as it really wasn't as bad as some of the previous reviews.

“Went on a sun holiday 20th oct 2007 went with opened...”

written by jnash80 on 07/12/2007

Went on a sun holiday 20th oct 2007 went with opened mind we enjoyed going back in august next year loads to do for both kids and adults.

“The worst resort I have ever been to, without any...”

written by chrisst on 25/10/2007

The worst resort I have ever been to, without any hesitation. When I complained in writing I was told they were not interested as I had not followed procedure. Although i had gone to customer services (it was shut and then asked security to send customer services to our room (they sent another security guard) Quite ironic when you cannot follow procedures because the procedures are not in place.

“This is the best place to go for a holiday, party...”

written by henchey on 22/10/2007

This is the best place to go for a holiday, party weekend was absolutely fantastic, all the shows where amazing! The best entertainments manager ever, blue coats you all rock, amazing place to be and I have been here every year of my life! Basically I want to say thank you for such an amazing time at Pontins wall park and when I'm old enough I want to be a blue coat! I think it's an amazing job!

Machinist's Response to henchey's Review

Written on: 21/11/2007

I disagree with this review because...
<br/>machinist, thank you for reading my comments on wall park, and yes, if you read it right, i went in August 2006, so if the chalets have been upgraded since then,well done, unfortunately a review is at the time of attendance, and when we were there the accommodation was shocking.Secondly, our holiday at wall park was in August, and we paid over £600, so if we paid this amount of money for a chalet that was not upgraded at the time we were there, we have every right to have a moan.

“Just got back from a week end break at Wall Park....”

written by Beachdrifter44 on 01/10/2007

Just got back from a week end break at Wall Park. After reading these reviews last week I was dreading it. Read the horror stories about dirty chalets, blood stained sheets, smelly etc but I was very pleasantly surprised.
This was a weekend break through the express so we had a budget chalet It was small, clean and basic but we used it as a base so that we could visit the surrounding area and have meals in Brixham it was perfect. I am the first to complain but I could not find anything. We were in the Hero zone, not the Surf City but I can only speak as I find. If you were there intending to stay on the camp site letting your kids run riot while you just drank then it may be cramped, but as a cheap base I highly recommend it.