Triumph T140E Reviews

• Reliability

Triumph T140E - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Triumph T140E

Triumph T140E

“The best thing you can say is that it is a Triumph, a...”

Written on: 18/01/2009 by mdmoss (1 review written)

The best thing you can say is that it is a Triumph, a REAL oil leaking, pushrod packin' vibrating, gorgeous head turning hot rod. The history and tradition is awesome. Hey these were the bikes that James Dean and the Fonz rode! I really love the way the style has gone "retro-vintage" When people see my bike they freak... Real vintage has that effect. I bought my 1978 T140E used in 1980 and I've had it ever since. My bike's part of the family. Ease of repair, simplicity of engineering. Great… Read Full Review

“I own this bike since 1979 and did more than 100,000...”

Written on: 21/11/2008

I own this bike since 1979 and did more than 100,000 mls on it.
It nearly never missed a beat and always got me home. Regular servicing is easily and cheaply done and prevents bits from falling off.
The best thing are the astonished looks other bikers give when this diminutive motorcycle (no external indication of type or capacity in my case) is kicked into life and gives its healthy bark. Driving on bendy back roads is more fun than on any modern motorcycle, as an extremely relaxed seating… Read Full Review

“I've got the Triumph T140E "american" export model -...”

Written on: 03/11/2007 by Matty D (1 review written)

I've got the Triumph T140E "american" export model - tall bars and round small tank. Its the same as late seventies Bonnie with one less carby (thats one if you don't know). Mine has had all the important bits rebuilt - engine, gearbox, clutch, chains etc., new paint in original style and good chrome. Its in good, ridable, reliable condition and I paid 6500 Aussie dollars for it which is about the going price. Mine was rebuilt by someone good at that sort of thing - I would hesitate at such a… Read Full Review

“The Triumph T140E was comfortable (meaning the point...”

Written on: 03/09/2006 by John Mosson (1 review written)

The Triumph T140E was comfortable (meaning the point at which bike & rider were not stressed). Not too noisy, both (bike & rider) relaxed and had something left to give, just in case. Handling on British A-roads below 70mph was fantastic… Read Full Review

“Lets Face it, it was Both the Best & Worst Bike I Ever...”

Written on: 18/08/2006 by enfieldAgo (2 reviews written)

Lets Face it, it was Both the Best & Worst Bike I Ever Owend!...
You the Modern Reader will be thinking about a Rebuilt One, Which will Probably be done Ok... When running right they are great, (Can Keep up with Eqv' Jap).. Sound & feel great, parts are plentyful with a good following. cash permitting I would have one in my stable !,
Some Had Elctric Starts which was ok For traffic light stalls not morning starts!..
ALLWAYS free off clutch with a few kicks. TSS mod was over priced as was the… Read Full Review

289274_Enviroderek's Response to enfieldAgo's Review

Written on: 16/05/2007

Have you still got it though? I bought mine new in 1982 and still ride it, though not regularly. It's only done about 35000 miles from new. I've never had any major trouble with it, even though I don't really look after it too well.

Jen55Bikes's Response to enfieldAgo's Review

Written on: 02/12/2009

I found this review very helpful because...I have just bought a basket case T140E with all the engine parts recon to build

Read 2 Comments