Nestle Caramac Reviews

Nestle Caramac - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Nestle Caramac

Nestle Caramac
Nestle Caramac

“What's happened to Caramac ? ?”

Written on: 07/09/2022 by smSullivan317 (1 review written)

I used to LOVE Caramac ! I bought a bar today - as a treat for the first time in ages - what a disappointment: Too sweet, absolutely tasteless, gritty, waxy, vile rubbish :( What were they thinking of when they changed the recipe ? Oh yeah - cheap rubbish ingredients maybe ? ? All in the cause of economy. Another classic bites the dust (along with the likes of creme eggs etc . . .)

Ssmith62's Comment

Written on: 22/09/2022

I bought some this week. my husband said he used to like them and asked if the were still around, what a disappointment! I couldn't eat mine, it was disgusting, tasteless & gritty, I actually thought they had gone off but was dated Dec 2022, won't be buying anymore thats for sure.

Read 1 Comment

“Thought I had Covid”

Written on: 30/08/2022 by AngelaGregory2018 (1 review written)

I bought Caramac all my life. I love the taste of it, lovely and creamy and caramelly taste. I purchase a few packs of 3 at a time. Last week I had my usual bar with a coffee. Thought I had Covid and my taste buds had gone. The chocolate was totally tasteless, waxy and grainy. Disgusting. I threw it away. I didn't have Covid. Tried again last night, same. That one went in the bin too. Very disappointing. I decided to go online and see if anyone else had this experience. Turns out that everyone feels the same about it and looks like they have changed the recipe. Soooo disappointed. I've a good mind to write a sternly worded letter of disapproval to Nestle. Giving up my favourite chocolate is like asking me to give up Wine. Not happy.

“Nestle should be ashamed”

Written on: 20/08/2022 by Senex (1 review written)

I agree with every poor review here. Nestle have obviously changed the recipe and it is now tastles, waxy, gritty with no redeeming taste of caramel. One review here says the perpetrator should be placed on the dole. I'm not sure I'd be that generous. I'd mke them eat their creation. And to the fake review that says " to die for" - well possibly. Don't touch this product and tell all your friends.

“Bland and tasteless ”

Written on: 20/07/2022 by GeorgiaHoover333 (1 review written)

As a child in the 70s. I was so excited to buy a 3 pack so bought 2x Only to throw them all away. Definitely not the Caramac experience I got back in my childhood. Won’t bother buying ever again!!!

“Nothing like the original. Tastes flavourless and is...”

Written on: 14/07/2022 by BroganCross406 (1 review written)

Horrible disappointment. I'll be exposing this fake. Don't ruin orginal products. Change the name if you can't produce the same product. This is not Caramac anymore. What an absolute piece of...

Written on: 06/07/2022 by Boonezm251 (1 review written)

As the other reviews have said awful gritty taste and nothing like the original caramac who ever was in charge of making this should be on the dole they have went out their way to absolutely destroy what used to be my favourite...

“Caramuck”

Written on: 07/06/2022 by Ronald28 (1 review written)

My favourite treat in the 60s, like others I still can remember the taste and texture. This is nothing like it, as others have said over sweet and gritty with no caramel flavour. There must be a law against using the same name if it is not the same product so I suggest they change the name to the above. Will not buy again until they bring back the original recipe.

“What have they done to it?”

Written on: 01/06/2022

Saw a 3 pack of these the other day and was so happy! After looking forward to eating one all day the moment finally came. WTAF have Nestle done to my all time favourite chocolate bar? The smooth caramel flavoured chocolate is now a gritty over sweet imitation of what they used to be. The new recipe is vile. Before I saw these, Cadbury had just brought out caramilk which I did buy. At the time I thought it was nothing compared to caramac but how wrong was I compared to this rubbish they pass off as caramac these days!! NESTLE, please please go back to the original recipe when it used to be sealed in gold foil, when it was creamy and tasted divine. Can’t express my disappointment on the cheap rubbish it tastes like now. Sort it or just remove it from the shelves.

“Not the same as they were”

Written on: 30/05/2022 by JanelleWard1966 (1 review written)

Tastes nothing like they used to. It's like they took out all the cocoa to make them cheaper. All I could taste was a gritty sugary buttery taste and no chocolate. I couldn't even finish the bar.

“Caramac Don’t Bother Buying!”

Written on: 25/05/2022 by DrRobjd (1 review written)

Tastes nothing like it used to. It’s like a completely different product.. Really tastes awful. Don’t bother buying it if you think it is going to taste anything like it used to. Try the Cadbury version that is not quite the same but tastes more like the old caramac than the pretend caramac that nestle produce now! If I could give it no stars, I would have done so.

“If I could I'd give it no stars”

Written on: 15/04/2022

Used to love this when younger. Living in France it's been a couple of years since I had a bar. Friend brought some over and eugh! Recipe changed and now disgusting. Just like eating tasteless lard. Thankfully Cadbury's Caramilk can step in and replace. It's not quite as good as the old Caramac, but a billion times better than this tasteless bar of fat. Value engineering to kill off the brand intentionally Nestle?? Will never buy again

“Awful taste ”

Written on: 14/04/2022 by Countmingela (1 review written)

Surely have changed the recipe ,I live in Spain now and when girlfriend asked what chocolate I wanted brought over from u, I really fancied a caramac bar as haven't had one for years ,so disappointed, tastes artificial with bits of sugar thrown in ,sadly never again !

“Not What It Once Was”

Written on: 11/04/2022 by Kyuuketsuki (2 reviews written)

As a child, the late 80's and 90's always had me requesting a Caramac bar when it was the focal point of the confectionary display. I loved how it tasted, because it was not only sweet, it had an actual taste of caramel. Jumping forward to the present day, they taste more and more like a Milkybar, which has also gone downhill and tastes cheap, Caramac is the same and doesn't have the same caramel taste it had. However, now in 2022 where Nestlé have clearly failed, Cadbury have saved the day with Caramilk. They're nothing like the taste of Caramac in the 90's, but they taste 90% better than Caramac in 2022 and clearly winning the market for the hit of nostalgia. Cadbury has their Caramilk in the form of single bars, a small block bar and also giant buttons. I had stopped caring for caramel flavoured chocolate, because I just don't like white chocolate and that's all Nestlé have to offer in this range, except maybe the caramel Kitkat, but that's a Kitkat and different all together. Though thanks to Cadbury, with their Caramilk, I'm happy to forget how disappointing Caramac now is.

“Profit before taste”

Written on: 06/04/2022 by Celestev281 (1 review written)

My my my what the hell have you done with what was once a fantastic tasting bar. I would have a word with your recipe guys and get rid of them. They have no idea 2hat taste is! If cost prevents you from using the original recipe then don't make it. Idiots

“A complete travesty”

Written on: 18/11/2021

I seldom see Caramac so bought it yesterday after seeing it in a London shop. Always a small bar but a wonderful taste. Not any more. Anyone with fond memories should avoid this horrible excuse.

“A lesson to never buy it again.”

Written on: 03/11/2021 by PierreCleveland (1 review written)

I remember first tasting Caramac in the black and white wrapper with a foil inner wrapper. It must have been in the 60’s. It was a novelty. Wonderful fragrance, texture, colour, mouth feel, taste, and it was the only product that looked or tasted like it. Today, I bought a Caramac multipack in a garish yellow and red plastic bag with a cardboard insert to try and bulk up the package. Big mistake. No fragrance. Gritty texture. No taste. Thin product, Odd mouth feel, and a sense of being cheated. Actually, I take the experience as a lesson. To never buy it again.

“Awful”

Written on: 21/10/2021 by Yellowdubmarine1 (1 review written)

What have the done to the caramac bar. Very pale in colour,gritty and taste nothing like it use to. It tastes pretty awful so it is obvious it has had the recipe changed. Left an awful after taste. Don't fix what is not broken. Just awful. Won't purchase again

“worst ever”

Written on: 18/09/2021 by john9617 (1 review written)

whats happened to caramac, thin as ever,tasteless gritty texture nothings like the bar in the 70s,i know they say your taste buds change with age and i have gone from being 8 in 1970 to being nearly 60 in 2021 but mars bars taste pritty much the same if not a lot smaller for the price ,fetch a sugar tax in please so a company can may make a chocolate product that tastes like it used to do in the very early 70s when i was a kid