Jacob's Twiglets - pladisglobal.com/our-brands/jacobs

Media Gallery for Jacob's Twiglets - pladisglobal.com/our-brands/jacobs

Jacob's Twiglets

“Not Twiglets anymore”

written by 267Kane on 28/01/2023

How can these be marketed in the same packaging? l would not have bought if I had realised how much they had been changed. Now they are, sadly, tasteless. I am genuinely upset at prospect on never eating another ‘proper’ Twiglet. Shall not be buying ever again.

“Twiglets Recipe Change”

written by Farley1976 on 27/01/2023

Just to add to the chorus of other complaints regards Twiglets. Unless Jacob's decides to do a u-turn and produce the original recipe there is no point in buying the product. I have been a lover of the original Twiglets for over forty years. The new recipe is absolutely tasteless. The claim that the new recipe enhances the taste is total rubbish. This is borne out by the number of my friends that have complained about the new taste of twiglets.

“Inedible.”

written by on 17/01/2023

I have been eating the "Real Twiglets" for over 70 years, NOT any more, thrown the rest away after trying a few. bring back the original flavour, the customer knows best and what they want, NOT what you the manufacturer think we should have. !!!

“Disgusting taste”

written by MisaelPruitt150 on 16/01/2023

I thought my taste buds were on the blink as the normally yummy salty yeasty taste disappeared and was replaced by bland digusting weird taste. So disappointed that I have now chucked away the rest of the multipack and will not be buying anymore twiglets until the original recipe is back! So tired of the establishment dictating the health of the consumer.

“Poor”

written by slGuzman1967 on 13/01/2023

Such a disappointment, would not recommend unless they revert to the original flavour and production method

“Rubbish”

written by MacLean173 on 12/01/2023

Terrible flavour. Will not be buying any more unless they revert to the Original recipe.

“The end of an era”

written by QuigonNZ on 10/01/2023

I have been enjoying Twiglets as man and boy for decades. What possessed Jacobs to mess around with this classic recipe? The new ones taste diabolical and will be binned. They just taste awful! So angry at Jacobs for not doing their homework and conducting consumer research before implementing this. They will pay dearly. No more Twiglets fir me until the recipe is reinstated.

“Why ?”

written by Edfup on 06/01/2023

I have.been enjoying Twiglets for as long as I can remember…until now. I purchased a several bags at Christmas and couldn’t believe a company could completely ruin the taste and trash a well loved snack in a matter of weeks. Unless they get the taste back to the original formula I won’t be buying again.

“Christmas Joy of Snack...Ruined!”

written by on 06/01/2023

I haven't purchased Twiglets for a while. With Christmas coming and knowing that my brother loves Twiglets too, I put some in my Christmas food shopping. I thought I'd have a little taste of my festive snacks. I seriously thought something had gone wrong with my tastebuds. OMG! They are now vile! They also leave a hideous after taste. When my brother popped over, I told him that I had none of his festive snacks as they were now disgusting. He tried some too. I had to get him a drink to wash the taste away. I don't understand how Jacobs could go through their taste-testing procedure and think that this awful taste was acceptable, let alone anything like, or as tasty as, they used to be. Yes, this will help the health of the nation, because people won't eat Twiglets anymore. Really poor move on a well and long loved snack.

“Trades Description Act”

written by on 04/01/2023

Nothing outside to indicate that the taste had totally changed. These are not the twigletts that I have known and loved for years and I would never have wasted my money buying the tubs I did. The only taste I could detect was a burnt flavour. Receipt gone so can't claim back my money.

I really feel this is qualifies as a breach under the Trades Description Act. I hope that this change in recipe is highly publicised in all forms of media so that others won't make the same mistake.

Shame on you Jacobs for being so weak as to kow tow and change the recipe. You must have known just how much the taste has changed and how unpopular it would be which is why you haven't indicated a new recipe/taste on the outside of the packaging.

Dag1976's Comment

Written on: 09/01/2023

1m% totally agree with this ....... I am an avid lover of twiglets but after buying several "tubs" thinking I had a "bad batch" i realized that the recipe must have changed and it was like eating cardboard - no taste whatsoever !!!

Read 1 Comment

“Putrid”

written by Beadlepoke on 30/12/2022

A sign of things to come? Flavours are bad for you, here eat this cardboard tasting snack, much better for you! Government intervention forcing you away from free choice yet again. I used to love twiglets, my most fav snack. Never again, awful!

Angrytwigletconsumer's Response to Beadlepoke's Review

Written on: 31/12/2022

Absolutely agree with every word. Had twiglets at Christmas with 20 guests. First time I've ever had an unopened tub left on the table at the end of the evening.
Christmas is the one time of year you buy a joint of meat heavily salt it the glaze it with cups of sugar honey and mustard ect.... who the he'll cares about health snacks at Christmas!!!! Will never buy again unless reverted.

Read 1 Comment

“There won’t be a scarcity next Christmas ”

written by Branson280 on 30/12/2022

Wow, they are barely edible and completely unrecognisable from the original product, if I were Marmite I would be distancing myself from this shocking product. Still at least there will be plenty on the shelves next Christmas for all those who didn’t get some things year. Just awful.

“Awful twiglets ”

written by Twigmas on 30/12/2022

I always have looked forward to buying and eating twiglets since I was little, in the 1970s. So when I opened the drum of twiglets this year I was horrified to discover I was eating short stumpy cardboard like twiglets with zero flavour and an odd texture. Very disappointed and won’t be buying them again. Jacobs what a shame.

“Cardboard”

written by Donte448 on 29/12/2022

So gutted, I would normally have several tubs of these over the holiday period, and purchase more in the January sales but this year "YUK" there is absolutely no taste to these, even my dogs pulled a face eating them this year, so I'm stuck with three full tubs that even the dogs won't eat. They are tasteless and feel like cardboard in your mouth, probably taste like cardboard too. Disgusting really, I shall not be buying these again

“So bad, I tested myself for covid!”

written by NicRob2022 on 28/12/2022

I bought 8 boxes for Xmas. If I can find the receipt I’d take them back. Absolutely awful flavour. When I first ate them, I thought there was something wrong with that box so I opened another. When that one tasted the same, I actually feared covid and done a test. The taste was that wrong and bad. Unless there is a big sign on the box stating original recipe, next year I won’t be buying them. So disappointed. Your taste testers need to be sacked.

“New recipe is revolting!”

written by Duffyfy59 on 28/12/2022

We as a family used to love twiglets. What have they done to them!!!! Having stocked up for Christmas they have now all gone in the bin. The new recipe is tasteless. No marmite flavour and leaves a lingering burnt aftertaste. Yuk

“Awful ”

written by KamariBarton on 28/12/2022

I've just bought what I thought were my annual festive treat only to find that the woke nanny brigade have ruined them to suit their agenda. Stop this aberration and bring back the original recipe.

“No”

written by GunnarBragg284 on 28/12/2022

For the first time ever I haven't brought tubs of twiglets over Christmas They are horrible/ tasteless am so disappointed Please please change back to the old recipe

“Change it back!”

written by Tess108 on 27/12/2022

What on earth have you done??? These taste nasty you need to add the salt back in. They are a healthyish snack (compared to others) no need for to mess with the recipe, change it back. It tastes like diet food now.

“WHAT ON EARTH HAVE THEY DONE!”

written by BobbyHh on 27/12/2022

twiglets used to be my favourite snack! They now just taste nasty, definitely won't be buying them again :-(