Yamaha MCRE300 Reviews

Yamaha MCRE300
Yamaha MCRE300

Showing star rating of:

(cancel refinement)

“I have just bought the Yamaha MCR-E300 micro system at...”

Written on: 04/03/2006 by ahank (1 review written)

I have just bought the Yamaha MCR-E300 micro system at Costco for $200. The sound is exceptional! I've always been a fan of Yamaha "Natural Sound" amplifiers. I bought a Yamaha Natural Sound amplifier in 1985 and used it for 20 years. I listen to just about everything: vocal, opera, jazz, classical, Broadway, country, and rock etc.

This Yamaha system claims 25W+25W output power and 0.1% THD. Last week I purchased a "125W" system for $90. That system sounded so bad I could barely… Read Full Review

“I won't add much to Robert's excellent review, all of...”

Written on: 11/08/2004 by Iain Rhind (1 review written)

I won't add much to Robert's excellent review, all of which I agree with. This unit is really in a different class to the mainstream micro "hi-fi" products in audio, aesthetic and build quality terms and is excellent value at the current UK web price of £250ish. I have seen it on web sites in the US at $199 which is frankly ludicrously cheap. OK, some tax to be added, but at virtually half the UK price at current exchange rates it is incredible value for money… Read Full Review

“This is a surprisingly wonderful unit. I read alot of...”

Written on: 17/05/2003 by Robert McKenzie. (1 review written)

This is a surprisingly wonderful unit. I read alot of reviews on previous Yamaha systems before purchasing this one.
I directly compared Denon, Yamaha, Bose and two high-end Sony units and this is the best value system in the lot.
For the price you pay you get the same quality sound as the Denon and is somewhat comparable to the Bose. It is in a different class altogether above Sony and the likes.
I found the sound to be one of the cleanest and most accurate especialy when listening to… Read Full Review