The Passion of The Christ (18) Reviews

Summary

Starring: James Caviezel, Maia Morgenstern
Theatrical-Release: March, 2004
The Passion of The Christ (18) - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for The Passion of The Christ (18)

The Passion of The Christ (18)

“Directed by Mel Gibson Very sad and extremley...”

Written on: 11/04/2009 by mrsaragorn (16 reviews written)

Directed by Mel Gibson Very sad and extremley violent The passion and crucifixion of Christ .Including,what some believe would have truly happened. One of most violent films i've ever seen… Read Full Review

“Films, like books or music, are made for many reasons....”

Written on: 05/12/2004 by steerpyke (6 reviews written)

Films, like books or music, are made for many reasons. Entertainment, propaganda, controversy, are but a few and in this film there is something of everything. I am not a religious person myself, but am interested in the history of religion, and am, I feel, very broad minded and I think that is probably a required trait to get the most out of this film. As with most sensitive subjects, if you already have an unwaving opinion of the matter at hand you will not learn much from the experience. So… Read Full Review

“The Passion of The Christ - This is an amazing,...”

Written on: 07/09/2004 by randomrabbit (3 reviews written)

The Passion of The Christ - This is an amazing, extremely accurate film showing exactly what would have happened at the crucifiction. It is horrific, but it shows what it would have been like. I think most people would either be in tears or in serious shock by the end of this film. VERY EFFECTIVE AND VERY GOOD… Read Full Review

“I have seen The Passion of The Christ because there...”

Written on: 02/06/2004 by Charlesjmd (2 reviews written)

I have seen The Passion of The Christ because there was so much rubbish about it being anti this and anti that and too much of this and too much of that. Here is what I have to say to all you "nay sayers". BE QUIET!

I am a Christian and I know that God Lives. His son was Jesus Christ and if you had lived at the time of Christ you would not have said to the Roman Guards "That's too violent, can't you make it a 12A rated beating!"

In fact, what Christ suffered was far worse, and may be people… Read Full Review

☆☆☆☆☆

“Wow, Christians will love The Passion of The Christ,...”

Written on: 24/04/2004 by whovian222 (1 review written)

Wow, Christians will love The Passion of The Christ, but for people who do not believe that crytopagan human sacrifice is "love" all they will get out of it is 2+ hours of barbarism and gore. If you love seeing people beaten to a pulp, grab your popcorn and head down to the theatre for a "religious" experience you won't soon forget. Vile and forgettable in the extreme… Read Full Review

Pnadin's Response to whovian222's Review

Written on: 25/05/2004

I am inclined to agree with your sentiments as I can't imagine anyone actually enjoying the film. As I believe the historical account of the events I decided to "put myself through it" in order to get a better appreciation of what happened.
<br>
<br>What does "crytopagan human sacrifice mean"? I think the Christian angle on this is that this was a God sacrifice rather than a human one.

Read 1 Comment

“Before I start the review of The Passion of The...”

Written on: 18/04/2004 by 80smetal4ever (22 reviews written)

Before I start the review of The Passion of The Christ, I must first issue a warning. I consider myself a veteran of the horror/gore/torture film genre. There has been no movie that I have seen in my 35 years that can compare with the bloody torture that Jesus endures in this film. The weapons used in the "Hellraiser" series come closest to what is used on him in this film. The violence and torture in this movie are shocking. This film is not for the weak of heart. This film is difficult… Read Full Review

447910_Tishafay's Response to 80smetal4ever's Review

Written on: 15/03/2009

What an excellent description of this movie. my church had a viewing in our youth & young adult center, (come one come all) any an everyone was invited to view this film together. I was so shocked y the brutality of it all, I almost felt like "this has to be fiction", even though I fully realize the suffering and existence of Jesus Christ. To watch the horrible beating an the true compassion Jesus showed to them in spite of them!
<br/>Satan's' appearance brought nothing but disgust to my inner being. Overall, this was a truly well made film. Hats off to Mel Gibson, and surely so if he indeed asked gods' guidance in making it.

Read 1 Comment

“The Passion of The Christ was very thin on plot, but a...”

Written on: 09/04/2004 by heckbulb (3 reviews written)

The Passion of The Christ was very thin on plot, but a nice way to spend two hours if you like this sort of thing. I'm not a Christian (nor a Jew for that matter), and I defiantly didn't feel any need to believe in a God or Jesus after watching it, so I don't see that many new Christians being 'born' because of this film. Also, I didn't leave the cinema thinking how much I dislike Jews now either, because I don't. It's really not as anti-semitic as the media make out. No more than the Bible… Read Full Review

“Overall I have never been so disgusted and emotionally...”

Written on: 01/04/2004 by ruthieru (1 review written)

Overall I have never been so disgusted and emotionally torn apart by watching such a horrendous film The Passion of The Christ. Had I have wanted to watch over two hours of sheer and utter bloody torture where Christs body was literally torn to a pulp I would have rented out 'House of 1000 corpses' or 'Natural Born Killers', even so these would not have conveyed the sheer destruction of a human that The Passion of Christ brought to the screen. Being an anglo catholic and brought up as a… Read Full Review

Aiden Gallogly's Response to ruthieru's Review

Written on: 05/04/2004

Is it really that hard to believe that our lord suffered at the hands of men to the point of death for us? You say he would have been dead long before his crucifixion? duh he's the son of god for christ's sake, this was the ultimate sign from god that he loved us, even to the point of the destruction of his own flesh and blood, and look at the end of the film, his resurrection, you didn't mention that did you. God was with him through it all. I am both shocked and appauled by your attitude.

Read 1 Comment

“The Passion of The Christ is definately one to see....”

Written on: 25/03/2004 by Nienna (1 review written)

The Passion of The Christ is definately one to see. Watch in silence and reflect on Jesus life. This film renews faith. It was a brilliant portrayal of what happened to Jesus. It made me realise how much he went through for us all. Short clips reflect back on Jesus life showing us the basic beliefs he taught us… Read Full Review

“I think The Passion of The Christ is a great movie. It...”

Written on: 08/03/2004 by eradean (1 review written)

I think The Passion of The Christ is a great movie. It comes to a point where you want to stand up and yell "No! Stop hurting him!" but it makes you realize what Jesus went through to die for us… Read Full Review