Activity Superstore Reviews

• Facilities

Activity Superstore - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Activity Superstore

Activity Superstore

“Please do not buy one of these, save yourself time and...”

Written on: 16/05/2019 by NJSWEENEY (1 review written)

Activity superstore two nights with afternoon tea. OH MY GOD ITS A HARD JOB TO BOOK ANYTHING. my partner bought me a voucher for two nights away with afternoon tea included which was a lovely thought on the face of it. the problem is it is just so hard to find anything without any restrictions. 1: not available at weekend or holiday periods. 2: will only except so many voucher customers per week / month. 3: premium payment required for weekend stays. you end up searching for hours until you… Read Full Review

Activitysuperstore's Response to NJSWEENEY's Review

Written on: 21/05/2019

Hi

Thanks for your feedback about your Two Night and Tea package.

I can see that we have already replied via Trust Pilot, however I have copied our reply below also;

I am sorry to hear that you had problems booking, we do advertise that some venues do hold certain restrictions which are visibility upon selecting that location. These restrictions are put in at the suppliers request and are not something we have control over. Which is why we advertise this prior to purchase, validation and booking.

If you would like to contact me with your voucher, preferred venues and dates and I will help further.

Kind regards

Njsweeney's reply to Activitysuperstore's Comment

Written on: 22/05/2019

Thanks for your reply. I have sorted it myself with the nice lady at the coquetvale hotel. However I have still not received a confirmation from you yet and its been a week.

Read 2 Comments

“OLD FASHIONED BLISS !!!!”

Written on: 15/05/2019 by MIKEBUT (1 review written)

My wife and I, and two friends, went to SALFORD HALL HOTEL (a Best Western venue) for joint "Afternoon Tea For Two" gift vouchers. The hotel is old, in very good condition and with lovely décor, really nice if small gardens but lots of outside seating. The service in the smart dining room was excellent, the staff embodying that combination of informal courtesy and efficiency that is the hallmark of good hospitality. And the food, well, a wonderful mix of savoury and sweet, hot and cold… Read Full Review

“London Fine Dining Experience”

Written on: 14/05/2019 by sarahstokes (1 review written)

I was bought this as a gift for Xmas. We booked the Eaton Bar in Belgravia. It was lovely. No restrictions on the menu. We had a starter, main and dessert each plus a bottle of wine which we had the choice of 4 bottles of red, white, rose or a bottle of prosecco. We booked for 7pm which was too early if you wanted a busy atmosphere as many of the tables were reserved for 9.30 onwards. The food and services was great too! Would definitely go there again… Read Full Review

“Customer service centre”

Written on: 09/05/2019 by AlisonHigginson (1 review written)

Just wanted to say a huge thank you to the customer service team who were more than helpful with my booking, especially the person I dealt with… Read Full Review

“Voucher for Prezzo”

Written on: 23/04/2019 by Lawson98 (1 review written)

Avoid this as even it was an embarrassment for staff at Prezzo. Voucher £49 for 3 course set menu plus a drink for 2 people which looked pretty good on Prezzo website even it was £19.95 each totalling lees than our voucher. Oh no the menu was even less choice than is Prezzo £19.95 menu. Absolute disgrace. Activity superstore stop treating people like this. Avoid this company like the plague… Read Full Review

Written on: 25/04/2019

Hello,

Thank you for your review.

I am sorry to hear that the experience was not better for you, as our Prezzo deals typically work out a lot better than if you were to book direct. However we do advertise that this is a set three course menu. If you would like to discuss this further, please do get in contact with me.

I appreciate you taking the time to leave your feedback.

Many thanks

Activity Superstore Ltd

Written on: 05/05/2019

The offer is certainly of lesser than value than the voucher especially as Prezzos extensive set menu has a choice of 7 starters, 10 mains including a chicken dish and a sea bass dishes and 5 sweets for a fixed price of £19.95 each. How can you explain that choice of 4 starters, 6 mains (of which 3 was pasta and 3 pizza) and 4 sweets. Both included a drink of choice. Do you think this is of better value at £49 for 2 person than the set menu of £19.95 totalling £39.90.

Written on: 08/05/2019

Hello,

Thank you for your reply.

Please kindly contact me directly with your voucher details and what you received and I will gladly look into this further for you.

Kind regards

Activity Superstore Ltd

Read 6 Comments

“Great Customer Service!”

Written on: 04/03/2019

Had a great experience with customer services. Due to serious circumstances voucher was put aside and forgotten about and wasn't validated before the expiry. After talking to a lovely lady from customer services she managed to sort out this problem and we were able to pay the extra fee to extend the voucher. The 2 ladies I have spoken to today regarding this have been way more than helpful during a really tough time its nice to know that there are people out there who care. Great company and… Read Full Review

“Amazing customer service”

Written on: 28/02/2019 by psHarvey353 (1 review written)

I spoke to a lovely Lady today who extended my voucher free of charge which I am forever grateful… Read Full Review

“Booking Procedure Very Unclear And Misleading.”

Written on: 22/02/2019 by 302Ogle (1 review written)

The person on helpline did their best to help and we got there in the end but the instructions in the pack were inaccurate and misleading. The scratch off panel did not clearly show the numbers and I subsequently found out this is no longer required as validation because of this problem. No-one else would realise this without having to contact provider! It wasn't clear whether experience had to be booked as soon as validation occurred or not. I'm sure the experience in itself will be… Read Full Review

Written on: 22/02/2019

Hi there,

Thank you for providing a review.

I am sorry that you have found it so difficult to validate your voucher.

We normally have little issues with our validation procedure, so I am sorry that on this occasion this was not the case. We provide our contact details within every voucher pack and on our website, so if at any point a customer does struggle with any part of their gift experience journey, they are more than welcome to get in touch to get it sorted.

Once again, thanks for your feedback and I am sorry for the difficulty you have faced. I hope you have a lovely experience and this does not deter you from using Activity Superstore again.

Read 1 Comment

“Absolutely rubbish...avoid at all costs”

Written on: 23/01/2019 by Jarvo62 (1 review written)

Wish I had read these reviews before I purchased a "gift experience" from this company via NEXT who apparently alarmingly appear to endorse this company!! When received this voucher was absolutely nothing like it described and the choices of accomodation available had shrunk from about 40 locations to 5!! Long story short it has taken 3 months to sort out who is refunding me ..these or NEXT. There are no contact numbers for the Activity Superstore and their online help never available… Read Full Review

Activitysuperstore's Response to Jarvo62's Review

Written on: 24/01/2019

Hi,

Thanks for providing your review.

I am sorry to hear that you are dissatisfied with your experience.

We have provided unique gifts for millions of customers over the past 21 years and are very proud of our feedback we have received along the way. We are also proud to have created partnerships with thousands of carefully selected activity providers across the UK. We remain the leading gift experience provider in retail year on year, due to our quality control and customer service, and work alongside many high street stores providing their gift experience range.

It is this reason that regrettably on some occasions we have to remove locations from the choice list, due to quality control feedback. I am sorry that you found your options to be limited. However, we do have a dedicated sales team who constantly bring on board new suppliers.

In regards to your refund, if the voucher is not activated then the funds used to purchase the voucher will remain with Next and thus we would be unable to refund you ourselves. I am sorry if this caused confusion to you.

That being said, thank you for your feedback as we are always looking for ways to improve and take on-board all criticism to help us grow. If you have any further comments please do not hesitate to get in touch by email.

“BEWARE”

Written on: 18/01/2019 by Fionaj8483 (1 review written)

I purchased a 50 lap karting voucher for my son & husband for a Christmas gift. I took screen shots of the booking & at no point was I informed that for the price paid I would be restricted to a booking only on a Sunday morning & at a really early slot. (The times offered to me were 6.50am or 7.20am) Since my son is only 16 & therefore attends school & my partner works nights I am unable to book a slot on a weekday or night which is what I have been offered incidentally instead AT ADDITIONAL… Read Full Review

Activitysuperstore's Response to Fionaj8483's Review

Written on: 21/01/2019

Hi there,

Thank you for taking time to write your review.

I am sorry to hear that the times available were unsuitable for you. We advertise all our gifts as 'subject to availability' meaning we cannot guarantee that your preferred time and date will be available.

That being said, we will always try to find an experience with a date that will be more suitable for you and offer a free exchange. Without your voucher number I unfortunately cannot look into your situation, however the additional cost you mention could be a supplement fee put into place by the supplier for premium times and days. If this is the case, unfortunately we do not have control over this, and the money paid would be between you and the supplier. Alternatively, the additional cost may be for an upgrade to a different experience, in which case Activity Superstore is not charging you for different available dates, but a completely different experience with a different direct value.

I hope that this is a little clearer for you, and if you wish to discuss this further, please do email us via the website with your voucher number.

Read 1 Comment

“Don't go near this rubbish. 200 quid for a 2 day get...”

Written on: 16/01/2019 by 25Gillespie (1 review written)

Don't go near this rubbish. 200 quid for a 2 day get away. Poor hotel choice mid week with no breakfast. to book via booking.com would have been 80 quid with breakfast but my family paid 200 quid for this utter rubbish AVOID SAVE YOUR MONEY… Read Full Review

Written on: 21/01/2019

Thank you for your review.

I am ever so sorry to hear of your disappointment with your gift.

We usually receive great feedback for our Two Night Getaway experiences and they remain one of our best sellers every year, so I am sorry that on this occasion you felt it fell below expectations.

We offer plenty of hotels that are available throughout the week and on weekends, so I am sorry if your choice of hotel was limited to midweek. Unfortunately we do not have control over hotel availability.

We also offer a free exchange service if customers are unable to find a suitable choice of location. If you wish to find out more about this please email us via the website with your voucher number and I will be more than happy to help.

Read 1 Comment

“Don't go near them with a barge pole ”

Written on: 01/01/2019 by Sitedown (1 review written)

My daughter, a poor student bought this for my 60th. On the front it said it could be used at patisserie valerie, this was then no longer available and there was nowhere for 35 miles that we could get to, Plus I lost my husband unexpectedly so due to sudden bereavement and being unable to drive we we not able to go anywhere for an afternoon tea. I asked for a refund they sent me on a merry goose chase back to where we bought the voucher and I did not get a refund from the store nor from… Read Full Review

Activitysuperstore's Response to Sitedown's Review

Written on: 02/01/2019

Hi There,

Thank you for your review.

I am sorry to hear of your loss, and that you were unable to use your voucher at Patisserie Valerie.

Regrettably, as per our terms and conditions, locations are subject to discontinuation. We do have a dedicated sales team who constantly work to replace locations and bring on board new locations throughout the year.

Unfortunately, as you have not provided your voucher number, I am unable to check the status of your voucher. However, if your voucher has not been validated, then its status will still remain with the store it was bought from. Any refunds will be at the stores discretion and unfortunately not something we would be able to have a say in.

In regards to the extension, we do offer free extensions in extenuating circumstances, if the voucher has been validated. Please email us and I will be happy to look into this for you.

Once again, thanks for your review and I am sorry for the troubles you have experienced.

“Absolutely terrible service”

Written on: 20/11/2018 by Cheryl64 (1 review written)

My daughter gave me voucher for myself and partner to have a 2 night hotel stay and afternoon tea. I'm a very tenacious person by nature and goodness did I need to be to book experience, it's like they go out there way to prevent you from booking. It's one of if not the worst experience I have had, there sheer incompetence is outstanding you end up thinking they are being that obtrusive on purpose… Read Full Review

Activitysuperstore's Response to Cheryl64's Review

Written on: 23/11/2018

Hi there,

Many thanks for your review.

I do apologise that you feel the booking process was difficult.

I can assure you that we are constantly working on making our voucher validation and booking process as easy and customer friendly as possible. Most of our bookings can be done directly online, however if there is ever a problem, we have a dedicated customer support team on hand to help.

If you wish, please do kindly email us to elaborate on how you feel the booking process for your experience can be improved, and I will be sure to pass this over to the relevant department.

Once again, I am sorry for any disappointment.

“Rubbish”

Written on: 15/11/2018 by ninaa-t (1 review written)

What a Headache. Given a voucher from my mum for activity superstore, despite staying never give me vouchers as there is always an issue. Anyway activated voucher for my local spa. When I came to book told my local spa no longer did the deal. plus they removed all the ones near by, leaving only four, closest was miles away. Offered to use it on a similar deal but with different spas. Still nothing local so asked to exchange. given link for DIfFERENT website where half the deals are missing… Read Full Review

Activitysuperstore's Response to ninaa-t's Review

Written on: 19/11/2018

Hi,

Thank you for reviewing.

I am so sorry to hear of the difficulty you have gone through to find a suitable activity close to your home. We have a dedicated sales team who are constantly bringing on board new suppliers, so I will pass your comments on to them.

We do occasionally discontinue suppliers for different reasons, however we always work hard to replace these locations. If on the rare occasion that a location cannot be replaced quickly, our customers still have plenty of options to use their voucher for a different activity in their area.

In regards to our exchanges website, I can assure you this is not a scam website. We have recently undergone a big makeover on our main site and are currently working on doing the same to our exchanges website and other websites linked to Activity Superstore. So whilst the exchanges website may be aesthetically different to the main, it is most certainly not a scam.

It is within our terms and conditions that we are unable to offer promotional deals and tangible products within our exchanges. This is because promotional products have different restrictions to full price products and as such the terms and conditions are different. Therefore once a customer has purchased a full price product we cannot change the original contract to that of a promotional item. However, I do understand your frustration, so please do email us with your voucher number and I will look into your options.

Once again, thanks for your review and I am sorry for any stressed caused.

“to Much Hassle”

Written on: 25/10/2018 by valannmins (1 review written)

Web site instructions differ from instructions on card, not many activities where local to me. when I had to cancel one activity the value of my activity was reduced by half.( I did complain) although a great idea for a present Not good value for money at all… Read Full Review

Activitysuperstore's Response to valannmins's Review

Written on: 02/11/2018

Thank you for your review.

I am sorry to hear that you found it difficult to find a location in your area. We do have a dedicated sales team who continually work on bringing new suppliers and locations on board, so thank you for highlighting this.

I am concerned to hear that your voucher's value was reduced by half after you cancelled an activity. If the experience was to be cancelled, and the supplier was happy to rebook, we would certainly not reduce the voucher's value by half. Please kindly email us with your voucher number if your complaint still has not been looked into, and I will be happy to forward this on to our customer service team.

Once again, thanks for your review and I am sorry that on this occasion you were left feeling disappointed.

“withdrawal of partners”

Written on: 21/09/2018 by chunk5 (1 review written)

My son was bought a steam train ride day from this company and we went to Bressingham steam trains only to find they had left last year and our box was purchased in july of this year the box had not been recalled and just what felt like an oh well you should have checked on line before you left from activity superstore .But on a good note Bressingham is a lovely day out.so lack of customer service if something is not what the customer was expecting… Read Full Review

Activitysuperstore's Response to chunk5's Review

Written on: 24/09/2018

Thank you for your review.

I am sorry to hear of your disappointment with the customer support services.

Unfortunately, whilst all information on the gift box is correct at the point of printing and distribution, the locations we work with are subject to change at short notice. This is clearly stated on the box to inform the customers upon purchasing that locations may change and a full list of up to date locations can be found on our real time information online. I apologise if this was not made clear to you.

If the remaining location choices are not suitable for you, we do offer a free exchange service, which customers are more than welcome to use.

If you have any further feedback or queries, please do email us with your voucher number.

Thank you once again for providing your feedback and I am sorry for the disappointment caused.

Read 1 Comment

“Voucher activity no longer available ”

Written on: 31/08/2018

Tried to redeem voucher and is no longer available (fair enough) But to ask nearly £50 extra to Do the same thing is taking the p And then they want you to jump through hoops for a refund!!! My advise is go direct to the company and get great deal and service.. We won't be using them anymore and would advise others to avoid... Going downhill fast… Read Full Review

Written on: 04/09/2018

Hello, thank you for your review. So sorry to hear that your experience has discontinued. We offer a free exchange service for our customers to change their experience to something more suitable. To be charged £50 does not seem correct. I would be interested in finding out more about your situation. Please kindly email us and include your voucher number in the email and I will investigate this further for you. Kind Regards, Holly (Activity Superstore)

Read 1 Comment

“Excellent - worth every penny ”

Written on: 22/08/2018

Greeted onto the boat and shown to our lovely decorated table for our lunch cruise - food was amazing and the commentary excellent - lovely views this made a very special time in York… Read Full Review

“Bad Experience”

Written on: 14/08/2018 by wilsdk (1 review written)

Was given a experience voucher for 2 and did not have time in the allotted time to do it so paid to extend it. Got to nearer the time and e mailed for confirmation, no response. Tried phoning only to get and automated response, live chat seemed to be permanently off. Still had no response to email. Went back to the website and checked my voucher and all I get is voucher has expired and cannot be redeemed. The customer service of this company in my opinion is next to useless. Will never use again… Read Full Review

Activitysuperstore's Response to wilsdk's Review

Written on: 16/08/2018

Hello, thank you for your review. I'm so sorry to learn that you did not receive email confirmation and were not able to contact us prior to the date of your experience which resulted in your voucher expiring and you being unable to enjoy you experience. I would really like to find out a bit more about your voucher and see if we can come to a suitable outcome to enable you to enjoy your experience. Please email us with your voucher number and details of your experience and I will look into this for you as soon as possible. Kind regards, Eleanor

Wilsdk's reply to Activitysuperstore's Comment

Written on: 16/08/2018

I emailed you on the 03/08/18 for confirmation of our booking. I had no reply. I emailed again on the 10/08/18. I tried phoning and was in queue's for quiet some time. I checked on the website and it stated that the voucher had expired and could not be redeemed. I then phoned the Railway (Nene Valley) to see if there was a booking, and there was. Eventually I got through to yourselves and you confirmed and stated that emails had been sent. Unfortunately my email account which I di the original booking with got corrupted which is why I emailed on the 03/08/18. I received and email from yourselves o the day of the experience at 11:50 stating that I would get full details within 24 hours, which obviously would be too late. I would appreiciate it if another time could be arranged.

Best Regards

Activitysuperstore's reply to Wilsdk's Comment

Written on: 22/08/2018

Hi, thank you for your response. Please email us with details of your voucher number and contact information and I will look into this for you immediately. Kind regards, Eleanor

Read 3 Comments

“Excellent customer service”

Written on: 01/08/2018 by 352Ortiz (1 review written)

Had a slight problem validating my voucher but the person I dealt with sorted it in no time at all. Now very much looking forward to taking our mini break. Thank you to him x. Highly recommend the online chat service… Read Full Review