Activity Superstore Reviews

• Facilities

Activity Superstore - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Activity Superstore

Activity Superstore

“Do not waste your money”

Written on: 15/11/2017 by owCooley447 (1 review written)

Nightmare company to use. If you have more than two vouchers they will not let you put them together for one big thing. Apparently their system doesn't allow it. If you are in any doubt try calling the Customer Service number. It's just a recording that sends you back to their website. I opted for the Live Chat in the end and spoke to the person I dealt with. Rude and long delays before answering me. Frustrating beyond belief and haven't even booked anything yet. I'd be worried about giving… Read Full Review

“Don't even think of using this company”

Written on: 03/11/2017 by Jaydinz156 (1 review written)

Activity Superstore Do NOT even think of using this company. They do not honour their worthless promises and many, apparent, companies providing events etc do not know anything about it - they have never agreed to participate. We are aware of one provider who is taking legal action against them. We have been unable to find anything suitable within the, very short, timescale they stipulate - which in itself, is dubious legally.. Talk to Trading Standards and the Police. … Read Full Review

Thank you for your review.

I understand that you have posted similar reviews on other platforms. I am sorry to hear that you are upset with the voucher. I can assure you any providers that we get on board, have agreed to partake in the voucher scheme, but regrettably throughout the course of the vouchers validity, things can change and locations can discontinue. If you would like to contact me with your voucher details, I will be more than happy to help where I can.

Closey7's Comment

Very interesting.
So why didn't you offer to help when we contacted you directly?
We phoned 2 providers who said they had NEVER been contacted by your company. I understand that one of them is considering legal action.

Closey7's Comment

Very interesting.
So why didn't you offer to help when we contacted you directly?

“Activity Superstore Booking”

Written on: 26/10/2017

We were bought the Country & Coastal Getaways for a Christmas present in 2016. It was purchased in Debenhams. Due to family commitments and bereavement we were not able to take up the hotel break until now. The break expires on 1st December 2017. We have been desperately trying to contact Activity Superstore. We have constantly rang the contact number, only to receive an automated message. Which we have now found out we have been charged a premium rate for. We have constantly emailed and once… Read Full Review

Dmmf's Comment

Written on: 30/10/2017

Same experience as I've trying to book a Jazz night! Appalling. First attempted in May, needless to say voucher now expired. Going to have to count this one as a loss I think...

Read 1 Comment

“Jack the Ripper.....rip off would be more accurate!”

Written on: 17/10/2017 by Tyr65 (1 review written)

I was given this experience as a gift from my daughter on her wedding day ( which is what REALLY sticks in my throat)! After several attempts to arrange this day, and with the vaguest of instructions from Activity Superstore ( note to them ; there are FOUR exits from Aldgate East Station, so try and be more specific! Also eating at ' a curry house in Brick Lane'( try narrowing it down a bit or get a name)! We were notified of the date, time & place to meet our guide. We arrived in plenty of… Read Full Review

Activitysuperstore's Response to Tyr65's Review

Good afternoon,

I am sorry to learn that you had such problems when using your voucher, especially as it was such a special gift! This is not the level of service we expect our customers to receive and I can only apologise that your tour guide did not turn up. Could you kindly contact me with your voucher number and I will be more than happy to investigate further for you.

Kind regards,

Tyr65's reply to Activitysuperstore's Comment

Written on: 19/10/2017

Voucher number is 676968. Thank you for finally getting back to me. Your site states reply within 24hrs and I emailed you on the 15/10/17 unless that just refers to the automated reply!

Activitysuperstore's reply to Tyr65's Comment

Written on: 20/10/2017

Thank you for getting back to me. I can see that your email has been received and my manager is looking into this with the relevant department and will respond via email once we have investigated.

Read 3 Comments

“Activity superstore go karting ”

Written on: 11/10/2017 by Foxybingo1234 (2 reviews written)

IHad a gift voucher from this company ACTIVITY SUPERSTORE for go karting or paintballing so decided to go karting, after looking on the options for locations we decided to go with the Nottingham one as it’s the closest one even though it is still a 40 mins drive, decided to book it for 09.am on a certain date giving 4 weeks notice which specified on the website, got an email back days later saying that they haven’t got that date as an available date but gave me a list of dates and times… Read Full Review

Activitysuperstore's Response to Foxybingo1234's Review

Written on: 18/10/2017

Thank you for leaving your review. I am sorry to say that as this particular activity is the first race of the day, it can be quite early. If you would like to contact me with your voucher details, I will be happy to look into this further for you. I would also like to apologise that you felt like a second priority customer when booking, however I can assure you that this is not the case.

Foxybingo1234's reply to Activitysuperstore's Comment

Written on: 19/10/2017

I’ve gave up trying 5 times I’ve emailed, the link Iam getting for the exchange has not worked properly on all occasions, only letting me look at one page when it says there’s six pages of activities,when ya click on one a the other pages it’s comes up with error.

Activitysuperstore's reply to Foxybingo1234's Comment

Written on: 20/10/2017

Hello,

I am sorry to hear of the further problems you have experienced. Can you kindly call us and we can help you further.

Read 3 Comments

“DO NOT PURCHASE VOUCHER FROM THIS COMPANY”

Written on: 20/09/2017 by OrlaghN (1 review written)

I received a voucher for Christmas from my mother in law and unfortunately all that it has caused me is stress, upset and disappointment. FIVE of the hotels 'Advertised' as an option to visit as part of the voucher have said they know nothing about this company and they should not be advertising their hotels. I sent a total of 5 emails without one response. I have dealt with rude, ignorant staff on the telephone. The outcome? I have completely lost out and my Mother in Law has wasted… Read Full Review

Activitysuperstore's Response to OrlaghN's Review

Thank you for your review.

I am very sorry to learn of the problems you have experienced when using your voucher. If you would kindly contact myself directly at with your voucher number and the five locations you are referring to, I will be happy to look into this further for you.

Activitysuperstore's Response to OrlaghN's Review

Written on: 18/10/2017

Thank you for sharing your experience with us.

I am sorry to learn that this was not a positive experience for you, however we do advise that this activity typically runs on a Sunday and will do our best to book you for the date desired. I regret that as the activity does not run every Sunday, on occasion the dates may not be that of your first choice. We will always offer any and all dates that we have and as this activity is the first race of the day, these can occasionally be quite early. If you want to check back in a few weeks we will have been given more dates from Teamsport which may offer a more suitable time for you. In regards to the hotels I am sorry that you felt second priority, however I can assure you that this is not the case.

Read 2 Comments

“Complete lack of local locations”

Written on: 19/09/2017 by Padilla205 (1 review written)

Bought the couples experience as a gift, but when we decided to choose an event, there was nothing within a 2-3 hour drive except driving days and my partner does no drive. White water rafting was Snowdonia along with the sailing and archery, a SPA day was Liverpool, sailing lunch was Norfolk, and so on. If you must buy one of these gifts please ensure you check locations are suitable, but also looking at the prices for these events save yourself some time and effort and book directly with… Read Full Review

Written on: 05/10/2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I am sorry that the locations are not suitable for you, however we do advertise the locations before purchase or registration to ensure the activity is convenient for you to get to. If the locations within your pack are not suitable you are welcome to exchanging online at our site

I hope this helps.

Meanfiddler's Comment

Written on: 06/10/2017

Hi
Thank you for your response, but I beg to differ that locations are available before purchase. Certainly not if you buy the experience in-store as I did.
The packaging proudly boasts over 300 locations which implies you have great coverage which is misleading. I would happily drive a reasonable distance (100 miles), but many of the experiences advertised on the packaging are only offered at one location and if you live in the South of the UK they are just not realistic.
I would suggest your team needs to sign up more suppliers for the experiences to give a better geographical coverage, or warn customers more clearly at point of purchase of the limited locations for the events.

Luckily the major well known retailer who sold it also agreed with me, saying they get a lot of complaints about these and offered a full refund.

“First & LAST time!”

Written on: 16/09/2017

Sadly you can't give no stars! I decided to buy a driving experience voucher as a Christmas present for my boyfriend last year. I started looking through the options on WHSmiths website and decided on a half day rally session – the fact that it was available to use at Elvington, North Yorks. was a big part of this decision as this is within a reasonable distance from us, only a couple of hours each way. Voucher arrives – and it is from activity superstore – looks legit. Shortly after… Read Full Review

Written on: 05/10/2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. I would firstly like to apologise that your mother was seriously ill and can fully appreciate that the voucher was the last thing on your mind. I hope she has now made a full recovery! The information you have been given is correct, as with many products a refund can only be offered within the first 28 days of purchase. We are unable to offer a refund on the difference on a voucher exchange, so I am sorry that you were incorrectly informed. We are however happy to exchange your voucher to another via our site and if you select a cheaper activity, the difference remains on your original voucher for you to use towards another activity until the expiry date. If you would like to contact me directly, I will be happy to help you process the exchange. I look forward to hearing from you.

Read 1 Comment

“Post returned 'Gone Away'. Gone out of business?”

Written on: 11/07/2017 by truthfulreviewer (1 review written)

We were given a voucher for a cream tea and steam train ride. On the box it says usable at 8+ locations. We wanted to use it at one railway but the Manager there said they are advertising us as a venue but we have never agreed to accept their vouchers. Sounds a bit dodgy to me! We then looked on line and it is only accepted at 3 locations rather than 8 so we sent the voucher back to them per the instructions on their website to be swapped for a cheaper experience. We sent the voucher Recorded… Read Full Review

Activitysuperstore's Response to truthfulreviewer's Review

Written on: 28/07/2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. I am pleased to confirm that Activity Superstore is still trading and you can contact us over the phone, via live chat or via email.

The activity originally offered 8 locations but unfortunately this has since dropped to 6, we are however looking to replace the 2 locations as soon as possible.

If you still have your voucher and would like any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact me.

Truthfulreviewer's reply to Activitysuperstore's Comment

Written on: 28/07/2017

I have just looked on your website and according to that the steam train with cream tea is valid at only 3 locations not 8 as shown on the box that was bought for us as a gift or 6 as you are claiming. When I emailed the railways that are shown on the box several came back to me and said that AS have been advertising their acceptance of the voucher WITHOUT THEIR PERMISSION OR PRIOR AGREEMENT. When I raised this with your 'customer service' team they told me that had the marketing material printed before reaching agreement with the railways and therefore though they realised the packaging was incorrect they sent the boxes out in any case. They have subsequently decided NOT to recall them. So may I suggest that before you use this forum to try and kid other customers that you have a product worth buying you a) look to see what is on your own website and b) speak to your 'customer service' team. As far as AS still trading if you don't change your ways based upon the horrendous feedback you are getting you will not be in business for very long.

“Forget it”

Written on: 10/07/2017

Still in the process of trying to sort everything out. Activated voucher, chose location, called location, gave location all ref numbers etc, said not recognised. Told to contact groupon which we did, answer message at 4 p.m, tried online answer service, said it was closed. 74 hour response to email now being sent out. Now what? How much money have these people had? The service is shoddy and now considering legal action as too many people have complained about the service. Rip Off Britain might… Read Full Review

Thank you for your review.

I am sorry to hear of the experience you have received, however we are not Groupon nor do we work with them. Can you please kindly confirm if you have an Activity Superstore voucher.

“Please Avoid”

Written on: 27/04/2017 by Mead467 (1 review written)

My wife was lucky enough to have been given a gift voucher for an overnight stay in a selection of B&B establishments around the country. Firstly the choice was not great but we managed to find one suitable. Secondly the availability was not great, managed to get a free date on the forth attempt Thirdly trying to make contact with an actual person is a total nightmare, there is an automated email response saying you might have to wait 72 hours - try 4 or 5 days if you are lucky. And then there… Read Full Review

Written on: 11/05/2017

Hello

I am sorry to hear of the troubles you have experienced when trying to redeem your voucher. We have recently changed systems to try and make the process as easy as possible for our customers but unfortunately these have come with a few teething problems, which we are looking to resolve. I hope you are now able to enjoy your overnight stay!

Written on: 11/05/2017

“avoid like the plague”

Written on: 07/03/2017 by ian.17 (1 review written)

Had a driving experience bought as a Xmas present and activated the voucher straight away as advised in the gift box. The voucher has a 12 month expiry date which I thought was plenty of time to fit my experience in but to my surprise the only 2 racetracks I can make it to only offer 5 weekends in the year that you can attend which unfortunately I couldn't make any. So I spoke to activity superstore and exchanged for a night away for my wife and I instead at a upgrade cost to myself of £20… Read Full Review

Giftideasfortwo's Response to ian.17's Review

Written on: 13/04/2017

Hi,

Thank you for your review.

I am very sorry to learn of the issues you have faced, this is never the level of service we expect our customers to receive. If you could kindly contact me directly I will be more than happy to look into this further for you.

Read 1 Comment

“weekend spa day for 2 with 2 treatments each !”

Written on: 06/03/2017 by jackfin68 (1 review written)

Do not buy this !! Paid £84 for this , should've been £159 through wowcher . Firstly Bannatynes had the nerve after booking to phone me and ask if I wanted an upgrade , upgrade to what exactly when my voucher value was supposed to be worth £159 ??? Then when we get there were told we are late , booking for 12.45 and arrived at 12.30 ? Being late apparently meant we missed our Swedish scalp massage and ended up with a 15 min back neck and shoulder massage each ! And that was our treatments… Read Full Review

Activitysuperstore's Response to jackfin68's Review

Written on: 17/03/2017

Dear Reviewer

Thank you for your recent comments.

I would like to apologise about the issue which you had with Wowcher and Bannatynes.

As there is not any information for me to help further if you would be happy to contact our Customer Services department we will be able to look further into this for you.

Joshua

Read 1 Comment

“Does not do what is says on the Tin!!”

Written on: 14/02/2017 by andrew249 (1 review written)

Purchased a voucher for the 2 day break, happy at this point!, just a case of setting up the voucher and away we go?. Called the hotel a few days before to make sure they had rooms, all good. Called after a set up the voucher, asked this time if i had a voucher, i said yes? only to now be told that night was not available, i said wow you got booked up early?. Gutted to be fair as we were bolting this on to a few days away with friends in Grantham. So i looked on-line again and and would you… Read Full Review

Activitysuperstore's Response to andrew249's Review

Dear Reviewer

Thank you for your recent comments.

I am sorry to hear of the disappointment when booking the experience.

With our vouchers the hotels are only able to take a certain number on each day. This is something which was confirmed by the hotels themselves.

I would like to apologise for the dates and booking information for the voucher and if you would like to contact our Customer Services Department we will be able to see if we can assist you further with a booking.

We will look forward to hearing from you soon.

Joshua R

Andrew249's reply to Activitysuperstore's Comment

Written on: 15/02/2017

Good morning Joshua, i contacted Activity superstore customer service, who were also very apologetic, but towed exactly the same line as yourself, with certain number of rooms only available etc etc, so it would seem everyone knows apart from the unsuspecting customer.
I bought the voucher in good faith, with over 13 weeks notice for the dates required, which in any business is ample time to book dates you require.
I could understand if i was trying to book next week or the week after.
I just wanted wanted what you offered 2 night break. Because you do not give any of this information on your website or the vouchers i feel very strongly that you have let me down.

“Do not buy”

Written on: 13/02/2017 by Launceston123 (1 review written)

Was bought a gin experience as a gift. I redeemed the voucher online and received an email confirming the 1st set of gins would be delivered in 4 weeks. After 6 weeks I sent an email and was advised I would receive the gin in 2 weeks at the latest After this didn't arrive I sent an email saying I wanted to cancel to be told I couldn't as I had redeemed the voucher - even though nothing had been delivered Very poor customer service to hide behind terms and conditions when they simply don't… Read Full Review

Activitysuperstore's Response to Launceston123's Review

Dear Reviewer

Thank you for your recent comments regarding the experience.

I am sorry that the item was never received or from our Supplier.

W

Activitysuperstore's reply to Activitysuperstore's Comment

Dear Reviewer

Sorry for the original message, there was a technical fault and the message was sent before I was able to finish.

I would like to apologise about the information for your gin experience and if you are happy to contact our Customer Services Department we will be more than happy to see if we can offer an exchange or be able to chase the supplier regarding the delivery.

Once again I am sorry for the inconvenience and we will hopefully hear from you soon.

Joshua R

“Would NOT recommend!”

Written on: 29/11/2016 by MrDarcy14 (1 review written)

I was given a voucher as a present, but, unfortunately could not use it as the item that it had originally been purchased for. Over a few months I had phoned many times and was told that I could exchange it at any time for anything else on the website (I was NEVER informed it is not exchangeable for everything!) The voucher was valued at £34, and I decided to change it for a tea for two which was also £34. I tried to phoned and book a Sat for me and my daughter to use it at The Valerie… Read Full Review

Activitysuperstore's Response to MrDarcy14's Review

Written on: 02/12/2016

Dear Reviewer

In regards to your recent review.

When it comes to exchanging the vouchers for an alternative we do state in our terms and conditions the follow information.

"Please note Activity Superstore promotional products, some tangible gift products and choice vouchers are excluded from the list of exchangeable products."

For the allocation for the venue I would like to confirm that all the venues and dates are subject to availability and we make this clear on our booking information.

Furthermore, I am very sorry that the location you chose was cheaper to go directly. As a third party company we have to take into consideration other costs, such as packaging, distribution and VAT. Also as the voucher you hold is a 'Afternoon Tea For Two', we have to have a price that covers all 100+ locations available within this pack.

Once again thank you very much for your feedback, we are always aiming to improve our products and customer service. If you wish to discuss this matter further, do not hesitate to contact us.

I do hope when you stay at your chosen venue you have a lovely experience.

Joshua

Harrison2015's reply to Activitysuperstore's Comment

Written on: 03/02/2017

Dear Activity Superstore, My voucher was given as a GIFT so as such I went by what your actual voucher that I was given said, I did not have any other print off of any of your terms and conditions which always seem to be hidden away like most companies or not pointed out when someone buy's something like this......I can state you CLEARY had printed on the back of my voucher ticket the word 'ANY' product exchange......what does the word ANY mean!?! to yourselves obviously not at lot! I was not impressed with your answer, kind regards

“Use Buyagift instead!!”

Written on: 26/11/2016 by mattruss4 (1 review written)

Tried to book a go karting voucher, but didn't have availability within the voucher expiry date. Had the cheek to charge £20 as THEY couldn't fulfill the experience within the voucher date. Avoid this amateur company at all costs and use buyagift instead. Felt robbed… Read Full Review

Activitysuperstore's Response to mattruss4's Review

Dear Reviewer

Thank you for your taking the time to leave your comments.

We advertise our experiences as having booking lead times which is usually any where between 1 to 8 weeks. If you are calling outside of the booking lead time for your particular voucher it is unlikely we would be able to offer you dates before the voucher expires. We offer our customers the option to extend their voucher at a fee for a further 6 months to try and ensure every customer is able to take full advantage of the experience.

Mattruss4's reply to Activitysuperstore's Comment

Written on: 29/11/2016

Seems unfair that activity superstore are unable to fulfil the booking within the timescale and still expect the customer to pick up the fee.
I have tried to extend the voucher and the voucher number provided in the email confirmation is invalid according to your website.
Very poor all round!!

“Mediocre”

Written on: 23/11/2016 by 00Cocktail (1 review written)

I booked a double treatment for my partner and I at the Millbank Bannatyne Spa with an Activity Superstore voucher I was given. The voucher was for £50 and I had to pay an additional £179 for the treatment (so £229 in total). I had a body wrap and a facial and quite simply it is not worth the money. I have been to quite a number of Spa's around the world and this does not come anywhere close. The therapists were very pleasant but very average or less. Activity Superstore were pretty good at… Read Full Review

Activitysuperstore's Response to 00Cocktail's Review

Dear Reviewer

Thank you for your feedback.

I am sorry that you felt the treatments were not value for money and I will be happy to pass your feedback onto Bannatyne as we have no control over their pricing for the additional treatments customer purchase on the day.

“Afternoon cream tea”

Written on: 23/11/2016 by CeciliaAnderson (1 review written)

The process for booking rediculous. Only wanted to change my booking and far too complicated. Finally booked my tea for two only to get there and needed another voucher code so was turned away. 26 mile round trip for nothing. Phoned to complain and the only thing they could do was to say sorry. Never ever buy anyone a voucher from this company. Shocking customer service… Read Full Review

Dear Reviewer

Thank you for your feedback.

I am sorry to learn that you were turned away from your activity. However we do state that you must present the voucher on the day of the activity otherwise this may happen. It sounds as though you have exchanged your activity to another therefore should have received an E voucher before placing a booking with the afternoon tea venue to avoid any issues.

I can only apologise for the upset and inconvenience this caused, however hope you are now in possession of the voucher and are able to enjoy the experience.

“Bad experience”

Written on: 23/11/2016 by UrielRhodes454 (1 review written)

I have emailed about my experience on wed 16/11, suppose to reply within 48 hours, I have had nothing. My photo shoot was not as expected . Too far to travel, pushy sales pitch, bad experience. Expensive. Unprofessional . … Read Full Review

Dear Reviewer

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback.

Could I please ask which email address you used as we respond to all correspondence within at least 48 working hours. If you could kindly resend the email to my attention, I will happily look into this for you.