• Facilities

Activity Superstore - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Activity Superstore

Activity Superstore

“Terrible! Lots of unneccesary hurdles to redeeming a...”

Written on: 12/07/2022 by Marshallvd474 (1 review written)

I wish the person who bought me two Activity Superstore vouchers had seen these reviews first. The whole process for trying to redeem a voucher is full of unneccesary obstacles and hurdles, which make what should be an enjoyable experience a real PITA! Why does Activity Superstore make it so difficult? Because their business model relies on people not redeeeming vouchers in order to make money. And it is shameful and disgraceful that even though I was unable to use the voucher for several months during 2021 due to Covid lockdowns and restrictions, Activity Superstore refused to extend the period of validity of the vouchers. Avoid at all costs. There are much better companies out there doing this kind of thing. Not possible to leave a rating of zero stars, otherwise I would have.

“This is a ridiculous company”

Written on: 08/07/2022 by Kerrhl116 (1 review written)

Someone paid good money for us to have 2 nights away and afternoon tea. So I had a go at booking it. The booking procedure is the most bizarre thing I've ever seen. It's like something out of the early days of the internet. You put in activation code and voucher and some other rubbish. Then find somewhere to go, not that there's a whole lot of choice. But you find something that looks ok-ish then you think I'll book that. Simple yes? No you put in 3 dates you'd like to go, you don't select from something linked to the actual place you want to go to and find out if there's room, oh no it's like an email thing. You get an email saying they don't open at weekends and they'll contact you within 5 days right? They contact you a few days later, the place you've selected can't do those dates. Round and around you go... I feel so bad for the person who bought it for us because I think it is just a complete coin, that is the only conclusion I can come to. Advice for anyone thinking of using them is DON'T, just give whoever it is the money or think of another gift, don't use this company.

“They don't reply to you ”

Written on: 30/05/2022 by SteveEwin (1 review written)

Unfortunately no reply and so I now can't redeem my voucher :(

Activitysuperstore's Response to SteveEwin's Review

Written on: 31/05/2022

Hi,
I can assure you we reply to all correspondence we receive and we are currently replying to emails sent in yesterday evening. Please kindly resend this or email with your voucher details and we will be happy to help.

Steveewin's reply to Activitysuperstore's Comment

Written on: 01/06/2022

Hi there,

I emailed Customer Support on Wednesday 4th May @ 10:07am. What email address would you suggest for me to re-email please?

Kind regards,

Steveewin's reply to Activitysuperstore's Comment

Written on: 01/06/2022

Kind regards,

Read 3 Comments

“Disgusting. Don’t bother”

Written on: 27/04/2022 by Rosiew25 (1 review written)

This was a Christmas present from my son. I booked a restaurant in Norfolk 2 months in advance for my birthday. Apparently it was full that night and any other night!!!!!!! I had to re-activated my voucher ( new activation number/voucher number) to book something else. Valid until 31/12/23 So tried to book something else, lo and behold voucher out of date. I tried the ‘chat’ nothing happened. Tried the email again nothing happened. Next should be ashamed of themselves. I would have given a zero rating but sadly you have to tick one.

Activitysuperstore's Response to Rosiew25's Review

Hello,
I am very sorry to hear this, please kindly pop over your voucher number and I will gladly look into this further for you.

“Absolutely disappointed ”

Written on: 21/03/2022 by LitzyCantrell164 (1 review written)

I just to clarify I tried to change my London trip in November was not due to go till march could not get through to anyone . They more or less ignored loads of emails. This trip cost nearly £200 and when you only on a pension that’s a lot of money but they will be happy if that’s how they treat customers

Activitysuperstore's Comment

Read 1 Comment

“Great Ghost Tour in London”

Written on: 12/03/2022 by Sammyleeryan (1 review written)

We had a fab time on a scary tour of London. We went to places we would never have found ourselves and the guide was very knowledgeable. I learnt lots and it was very entertaining too.

“Save your money”

Written on: 10/03/2022 by Awh50 (1 review written)

I selected the venue for our lunch meal, activated the voucher and rang the venue to book. Said venue was closed, but said their neighbouring restaurant could accept the voucher - on calling them, unsurprisingly they couldn’t. Activity Superstore’s chatbot doesn’t work (perhaps not very chatty at the minute?), they don’t take incoming calls and haven’t as yet responded to my email (not very helpful as I wanted to arrange lunch for yesterday). I would save your money and book direct - this company offers zero value and has no concept of customer service.

Activitysuperstore's Response to Awh50's Review

Read 1 Comment

“Avoid, they do not extend vouchers because of Covid.”

Written on: 01/03/2022 by Alla_N (2 reviews written)

We received voucher as Christmas present just before Covid and expire date was 31.12.20... As soon as all restrictions were lifted we contacted them but they refused to extend our voucher saying "sorry but it is expired". Clever is not it?

Sarahregan's Response to Alla_N's Review

Written on: 26/04/2022

we are having the exact same problem! just to be told or voucher is now void!! we did try toredeem it earlier, however, all events were fully booked, so now we are left out of pocket.....FUMING! wonder how many of the 300,000 experiences sold every year actually get fulfilled??

Alla_N's reply to Sarahregan's Comment

Written on: 26/04/2022

Please try to leave them feedback anywhere you can so other people are aware what they truly are and how much they really care.

Read 2 Comments

“Like many others I was caught up in the COVID delays....”

Written on: 24/02/2022

Like many others I was caught up in the COVID delays. The company makes it as difficult as it can to redeem the vouchers to the extent that I think this is how they make their profits, not by selling experiences but by keeping the money for vouchers that are not redeemed. Avoid like the plague. Impossible to contact by phone, the website takes you round and around in circles and what type of business gives itself 5 days to reply to every email?

“absolutely terrible company”

Written on: 20/02/2022 by Lukase246 (1 review written)

Absolutely terrible company. E-mailed them to explain that top of Covid I had a couple of very traumatic events in my life that I detailed for them and they flatly refused to extend the life of my voucher. I have a voucher from Buyagift and they extended it with no problem whatsoever. I would totally recommend them over this shower of .... Currently it states on their website that they have and average 4.5 stars on Trust Pilot but on here it says 3. After service is dreadful.

“voucher expired”

Written on: 05/01/2022 by soulahsein (1 review written)

Despite many emails between me and their useless customer service, this company refused to extend my voucher which expired on 2021. They refused to take in consideration the unusual situation we are all going through and they cashed in the money without providing the service. I will not recommend this company. I wish I read the reviews before buying from them.

“Appalling! 0 stars”

Written on: 14/12/2021 by ColemanBlack (1 review written)

I was gifted a voucher as a wedding gift in September 2020 with an expiry of October 2021. Pretty useless as locations and activities for South are non existant, so waited until such a time that we could travel more freely and book, only to find it had expired despite other companies extending for 12 months. Not this company they just pocket 100% of the purchase and tell you there is nothing they can do. They should refund all customers for vouchers that couldnt be used so they can spend their money with an honest company. Avoid at all costs.

“Awful customer service!!”

Written on: 13/12/2021 by Elis290 (1 review written)

I couldn’t use my voucher that I was gifted because I’m a full-time carer for my Nan and I struggle to find cover to look after her in my absence during this difficult time. Activity Superstore have no compassion for people’s circumstances and they refused to waiver the £20 extension fee which I would’ve struggled to pay due to being a full-time carer. The voucher has now expired whilst I was arguing with their customer service team so now the voucher is a complete waste of money, do not use this company!

“Company that only cares about money, not their customers”

Written on: 10/12/2021 by snodge182 (2 reviews written)

I was very excited when my brother bought me an experience to fly in a helicopter (8 min flight plus fizz), for my birthday. However, when I tried to activate it they required the original receipt to activate. Fortunately, he still had the receipt and dug it out (but if he didn't then effectively that would have been the gift down the drain). Anyway, fast forward through 2021 and with all the covid issues and hardships trying to stabilise mental health etc (like most people), I was unable to use the voucher. It came to December when the voucher was due to expire (I thought it was due to expire mid December), so I logged on and found it had expired! I quickly looked into similar examples on Google with companies like this and they all said the companies normally still honour it in 'good faith', but with a small administration fee. I thought no problem, I'm sure they will be able to help me and I'm happy to pay a fee, especially as on the front page of the experience voucher they state: "At Activity Superstore we take your health and safety, as well as your enjoyment, really seriously. We think that we do this to higher standards then anyone else in our industry." I contacted customer support and after waiting a few days they got back to me, simply saying the voucher is expired and is void. I was so shocked as I thought surely they would understand that the situation over the past year hasn't exactly been normal, that they would let me pay them more money just to extend the voucher slightly. I was wrong, they simply didn't want to know. Now that I think of it more, I realise that the voucher has been paid for and they haven't had to return anything in return for it, they profit 100%. Even if I was to pay 150% they weren't interested. In the end, after another email to customer support suggesting that I was happy to pay the fee, just so that I could use my birthday gift and explaining my situation and health haven't been good over the past year. They replied that it's a couple days over the expiry date and that they weren't willing to do anything for me. I therefore rate my experience with this company as 0 stars if I could. From our perspective, a voucher for an experience was paid for, and we never got to use it. Customer service who don't care about their statement that they take 'health, safety and enjoyment really seriously' Avoid.

“Helpful phone staff but no resolution”

Written on: 07/12/2021 by Brockd175 (1 review written)

Got given a voucher for 2 night get away given to me in 2019 as a gift. Pandemic happened, voucher automatically extended until June 21. However, ex split up with me endo of 2020 (via text whilst I was at work, the coward) and I couldn't get time off work to book in in time before voucher ended (work retail). Extended voucher at £20 fee (fine, understandable). Moved house to escape awful living situation,unpacked the gift today, 6 days after expiry of extention date. I had emailed previously to ask if I could extend it (they said to phone) but this was just before I moved and before the final expiry date. On phoning, they cannot help. They said to try returning to the store of purchase but as I didn't buy it (and the person who did is no longer with us) it seems pointless. Ellis in customer services did really try to help and was very friendly and understanding on the phone and herself deserves 5 stars but I am disappointed that nothing could be done, although I accept that they have no control over the unfortunate events in my life. It just makes me sad that I've wasted someone else's money and a tiny amount of my own for something that I was looking forward to after a frankly distressing year. I wish Ellis' managers could have found some resolution as I was happy to pay more for an extension or take a lesser activity to save it going to waste. I feel more upset for the guilt over wasting my loved ones money.

“My son and his partner bought us a gift of an...”

Written on: 04/12/2021 by JoBrown68 (1 review written)

My son and his partner bought us a gift of an overnight stay with breakfast, Charming Inns & Rural Retreats, for Christmas 2019. This was just as the pandemic started. Activity Superstore automatically extended the voucher by 6 months but even so - it was still IMPOSSIBLE to use as, because of the lockdowns and the restrictions regarding staying overnight anywhere other than your own household being prohibited, this thoughtful gift could not be redeemed. When it came to expire in June 2021, I contacted the company to extend again and was told there would be a charge of £25! We have an identical gift with Buyagift.com and they have allowed us to extend free of charge. I was then warned that if we did not use the gift by Feb 2022, it would be forfeit. This is absolutely despicable. However, reading the other reviews, I feel thankful we were able to use it at all. I would never use or recommend this company.

Activitysuperstore's Response to JoBrown68's Review

Hi there,
Thanks for writing a review.
I am sorry to hear of the difficulty you have faced.
We extended all vouchers to 1st June 2021 free of charge. Anyone that got in touch with us prior to this date, who were still having difficulty booking, we did all we could to assist.
After this we offered the chance for customers to pay to extend their voucher's validity as a cost of £20 per voucher.
If you would like to discuss this further please do get back in touch.

Jobrown68's reply to Activitysuperstore's Comment

Written on: 06/12/2021

Thank you for taking the time to reply. Extending a voucher for an overnight stay to 1st June 2021 was totally futile. Due to the pandemic (lockdown, restrictions etc) it was IMPOSSIBLE to stay overnight anywhere before 1st June. We were only allowed to stay anywhere other than our homes for work purposes!
As other customers have stated - you are capitalising on the situation. Frankly, to take people's hard earned money and provide nothing in return.
We were fortunate compared to others- we have utilised our voucher. But charging people £20 to do so is atrocious. The customer service shown by your company is diabolical and I will never, and I will tell my family who bought the gift for us to never use your company again. There are other companies offering exactly the same and nit charging customers to extend. And certainly not taking money for nothing.

Read 2 Comments

“Refusal to Honour Voucher”

Written on: 26/11/2021

I was bought a voucher for an afternoon tea for 2 literally just before the Covid lockdown. We were therefore unable to use it and now we have asked for an extension for the date of the voucher and have been refused. They have received the money and are now refusing to honour the voucher. Please do not buy anything from this company. I have given a one star rating but would give less if I could.

Activitysuperstore's Comment

Thanks for your review.
I am sorry to hear your voucher has expired.
We provided a free of charge extension to all vouchers to 1st June 2021.
We then did all we could to assist anyone that got in touch with us prior to this date to ensure their experience was booked.
Unfortunately we are now unable to provide further free extensions.
I do apologise for any disappointment this may cause.

“Awful fo not buy ”

Written on: 17/11/2021 by Moo38 (1 review written)

Like the recent reviews totally agree they have had the money but not supplied the product . I had this letter this morning refusing to honour the voucher that I have. I am contacting you after receiving your letter today about your voucher expiring.  I am sorry to say we are not going to be extending your voucher, we did apply free of charge extension until 1st June 2021 and it would be a case of you validating your voucher prior to this date or contacting us to find out any further options.  As this was not done and the correct procedure was not followed the voucher has now become void after expiring 4 months ago.  We did allow a grace period to be able to pay to extend and this was until 1st October 2021. Contact was made only after this.  I am sorry for any disappointment this may cause and I am sorry I could not be of more help.

Activitysuperstore's Response to Moo38's Review

Hi there,
Thank you for your review.
I am sorry to hear that your voucher has expired.
Unfortunately, I can only reiterate what my colleague has already written to you.
We did provide a free of charge extension to all vouchers affected by COVID. We then also helped anyone who got in touch with us prior to their voucher expiry who still could not make a booking.
We then allowed a grace period of 4 months for customers to pay to extend their vouchers.
Unfortunately, as you did not make contact at any point prior to these dates, we are unable to assist you further.
The voucher itself gives the instruction to visit the usemygift website to view your information and further instructions. This is where you would have been informed of your options.
Once again, I am sorry for any disappointment and do apologise that we cannot be of further assistance.

“Shocking customer service”

Written on: 03/11/2021 by Deborah75 (1 review written)

Same as belie bought multiple vouchers COVID hit myself and partner as key worker , under much stress over later 18mnths reminder each other we had these to look forward to , ive emailed multiple times , refusing to honour the vouchers awful customer services ……..some given away a fare amount of money ……

Activitysuperstore's Response to Deborah75's Review

Written on: 04/11/2021

Hi there,
Thanks for writing a review.
I am sorry to hear that your voucher has expired.
We extended all vouchers for free until 1st June 2021.
We appreciate that last year and this year has been challenging for everyone and any customer that has been in contact with us prior to their expiry date we have tried to help, whether this be an extension or making a booking for when restrictions were lifted.
Without your voucher number, I am unable to explore this further.
If you wish to discuss this further please kindly get back in touch with your voucher number.

Teeter07's reply to Activitysuperstore's Comment

Written on: 08/11/2021

This seems to be a generic answer as have had the same. I am contacting trading standards to see their stance and national press.

“worse than one star”

Written on: 29/10/2021 by elaineyt (1 review written)

I would leave no stars for this company if I could. Refused to extend a voucher due to the pandemic. It's little more than thievery given they've had the money and provided no product whatsoever. Customer services totally unhelpful. Avoid at all costs and use a more reliable company, some of whom had no problem extending vouchers.

Activitysuperstore's Response to elaineyt's Review

Written on: 04/11/2021

Hi there,
Thank you for taking time to write feedback.
I am sorry to hear that your voucher has expired.
We extended all vouchers for free until 1st June 2021. Many of our suppliers were open and taking bookings from April 2021.
We have tried to help anyone that got in touch with us prior to their expiry date, whether this be an extension or making a booking for when restrictions were lifted. Without your voucher number, I am unable to explore this further.