Sansui G-9700 Reviews

Sansui G-9700 - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Sansui G-9700

Showing star rating of:

(cancel refinement)

“I have one of these "sick" radios. Every thing works...”

Written on: 01/12/2010

I have one of these "sick" radios. Every thing works but A-channel on the left side. does anyone know where to fix this great receiver in the Atlanta area?… Read Full Review

Guest's Comment

Written on: 22/03/2012

same here but it is my entire left side. i want it fixed........if you found the problem and got it fixed let me know.....

Read 1 Comment

“I had one of these, now long gone and in some, but not...”

Written on: 23/09/2009

I had one of these, now long gone and in some, but not all respects, I miss it very much.
I'm just adding my views partly based on memory, but also partly based on nostalgia for a time long gone.
This is the age of youngsters regarding MP3 (and other compressed formats) as "Hi-Fidelity", the iPod now rules supreme(???!!!), and streaming internet radio at 192kbps and downloads of poorly ripped and compressed music via a soundcard in a PC now dominates.
I loved the look, the silver finish, the… Read Full Review

“The Sansui G-9700 Pure Power DC stereo Reciever. ”

Written on: 19/04/2001 by Huer. (1 review written)

The Sansui G-9700 Pure Power DC stereo Reciever.

Each of the four channels have 4 75 watt power transistors- this means 300 watts per channel with a 600 watt per channel peak using 2 speakers (half that with 4 speakers you still have a 300 watt per channel peak). It has a .01% THD rating (total harmonic distortion) and fine tuned and precice digital and mechanical frequency displays with LED power bars. Even tho it is old, it is a wonderous thing to have. You can always hook it up to a… Read Full Review

6973_Joe.'s Response to 1732_Huer.'s Review

Written on: 08/12/2001

I bought this receiver when I was station in germany back in the 80's. It's been a great receiver. During a storm I got hit by lighting, which blown the power supply. Do you know where I can buy parts to repair this receiver
<br>
<br> Thanks,
<br> Joe

444499_Bkoch's Response to 1732_Huer.'s Review

Written on: 01/03/2009

I disagree with this review because...the Sansui G-9700 is an absolutely wonderful receiver, BUT - it's rated at 200 watts per channel (there's 2 channels), 8 ohms, .01% THD. With very precise tuning (Bias current, DC offset, etc) I've heard of some outputs in the 220 to 240 range, but that's about max. You can't re-engineer the circuitry to get those numbers, no matter what you do. By the way, I blew the left channel in my 9700, which took out the protection circuit (producing a very "dead" receiver - no power up a all!) and it took all of a week and a half to ascertain what parts I needed, order and receive them, and get them installed. In my spare time.

340826_Cavpa's Response to 1732_Huer.'s Review

Written on: 26/01/2008

I am confuse. i too own a G-9700 that I bought in Germany in the early 80's and I though it was 200 watts. You keep referring to it as 300 watts.

Earcandy's Response to 1732_Huer.'s Review

Written on: 25/09/2003

Wow well lightning seems to be the theme.
<br>I to have a 9700 devestated by a storm and would appreciate the information on the skilled technician able to restore this beauty to it's grandeur.
<br>Look forward to a response.
<br>[email protected]

34333_Wayne.'s Response to 1732_Huer.'s Review

Written on: 22/08/2002

Great reviews and quite acurate.
<br>I bought my G9700 in Japan back in 1979 while I was in the Marine Corps. This unit has always been a real show piece and an excellent performer. As with one of the other reviewers, my unit was damaged by a power spike (lightning down range). I would greatly appreciate it if Huer, from Western Wisconsin could post or email the name of the technician that serviced his unit. I would like very much to contact him about my own situation. Alternatively, if someone else knows of a reputable tech who could handle the repair/or modification, please send their contact information along. ([email protected]) is the e-mail address to reply to. Thanks in advance.

24861_Huer.'s Response to 1732_Huer.'s Review

Written on: 26/05/2002

Yes! My reciever is Finally done! The guy I had working on it is a real pro too! It turned out that I fried BOTH sides of transistors and a preamp. And when the preamp blew it took out a Huge resistor that if you plugged it into a wall socket it would take some time to overheat and blow.. And when that resistor went, the voltage selector inside the reciever EXPLOADED!! I really toasted it.. But anyway.. It's not a 600 watt reciever anymore. With the new transistors he put in it's 500 WATTS PER CHANNEL! I can't even believe it! Heh.. I have a 1000 watt G-9700!!! He's proud, I'm happy, the reciever's happy.. Cool huh?? And because this guy respected the reciever so much he did this for only $230 ! That's a steal when you think about how much he had to do to get it working again. He told me that if this was any less of a reciever he would have told me to throw it in the dumpster out back.

24580_Huer.'s Response to 1732_Huer.'s Review

Written on: 24/05/2002

Parts for any of the G-series are rare and expensive.. Mine has been in the shop for a year and a half and the guy's almost done.. Most of that time was waiting for parts- so you get the idea. But keep in mind these recievers are RARE.. Keep the thing even if it's only for parts!

Read 7 Comments