Littlewoods Catalogue Reviews

Littlewoods - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Littlewoods

Littlewoods

“Total lack of customer service”

Written on: 08/03/2020 by MaddoxEdwards (1 review written)

I applied for 20 week payment was accepted I signed the contract after being told I was accepted I went ahead and ordered a computer with which to take an online degree. As I am very disabled I was excited for my future, my order was accepted and I waited for an e mail for hours, when it didn't arrive I rang outdoors after a very long wait of well over 30 minutes I was answered and after loads of stupid questions I was told coldly that my application had been refused, devastated I put down the phone. I then rang back and asked to speak to a manager, the woman on customer services flatly refused and when I complained she pretended she couldn't understand me, she then put me through to a really patronising woman who after speaking to me like a recalcitrant child agreed a manager would phone me. A very monotonous voices totally disinterested woman eventually phoned me repeating the same retrick. When I told her how devastated I was as I now couldn't do my course her attitude in a few party line words was tough. I would not recommend outdoors to my worst enemy they are morally reprehensible. Should read littlewoods not outdoors.

“Poor customer Care standards”

Written on: 07/08/2018 by Gill796 (1 review written)

Item Ashdown 5 Drawer Chest(KMFAX5M). Several members of the Littlewoods team. Final contact with Mickaela Bergstedt I have been a long running customer of Littlewoods and I am finding the customer services very poor. It seems to me for a British founded company we need to phone South Africa to have our queries dealt with, which would be fine if we actually received customer care when we called but it seems to be a very matter of fact service. I have spent more money than I can add up with Littlewoods over the years and have found the service in the past to be good. I purchased bed room furniture that came to just under £1000, now one of the items had a 1 inch chip out of the back and rather than send back and have Littlewoods lose out on £179.20 I suggested a £60 refund. Pretty much a win win situation. Now granted it did take me a bit longer to get in touch with Little woods to advise this but as I received my order my mum was diagnosed with terminal cancer, so my time was taken up looking after her, she has now passed away and I reached out to Littlewoods. What I god was a very cold service and an offer of £26.88 off. I really don't feel the offer of £60 off was an unreasonable request but now because of my situation and not contacting them within 14 days they have me over a barrel. I would have been happy with a replacement to be honest but this item is no longer available.

“shocking customer service”

Written on: 29/09/2017 by Finnv364 (1 review written)

Issues- broken items tried to return within 30 days (dishwasher leaking all over floor and washing machine that clanks like its going to take off)'(the last two from them are only 18 months old and broken) incompetent staff didn't log my calls, i'm now over a month with broken appliances, no follow up and i'm still paying for this and cant use it. They are saying i didn't call within 30 days??? and I have to get a repair but this hasn't been done either. They recently outsourced the call center to south Africa- my experience despite being polite and contacting numerous times is staff that don't do anything to help, phone put down on you, pass you around, i have called six times and still no repair has been done and its every excuse under the sun why they cant help me. I tried to write review to tell people not to buy the items and they refused my right to review, i have e mails to prove this saying my review wasn't within the guidelines???????? so you can even write an honest review. cant wait to pay the items off that i have and be rid of them for good.

“Worst customer service”

Written on: 05/07/2017 by goRyan158 (1 review written)

contacted them three times about an missing item on 20th of june. had an email back explaining the complaints system works over looking my missing item. an further email sent on 22nd of june and littlewoods still have not bothered to mail me back dont use them you been warned no customer service at littlewoods

“Shame they got rid of the customer incentive”

Written on: 14/05/2017 by RyanSawyer56 (1 review written)

I have been a customer for years. First, through Kays, then when it switched to K&Co and finally when they were taken over by Littlewoods. For years I have been getting cash back cheques which were a great incentive. They were extremely useful, I used to use them for various things, sometimes I would use the cash-back against other purchases, rather than a commission cheque. Shortly after Littlewoods took over K&Co, they got rid of the cash back commission. To say I was disappointed is a huge understatement. I have found since then that I can make purchases through a link on Top Cashback, but the amount I get back isn't as high as the commission I used to get back. It's a bit of consolation but not much. I can't really believe that the majority of customers were confused by the incentives and didn't use their cash-back. I mean, who wouldn't want what was in effect free money? For any friends wishing to buy things mail order and that may be not bothered about the lack of commission I would say by all means, have a look on the website and see if what you want is there, otherwise, have a look round on other sites first of the lack of incentive bothers you. I have to admit that now I buy a lot less things because I don't get as much back. which I think is a bit sad, to be honest. Also, make sure you shop around anyway. It's good for the interest free credit aspect but if you have the cash to buy from elsewhere and pay what the other place are asking in full, chances are you'll get it cheaper than through mail order and possibly the latest version available.

“Awful jewellery.”

Written on: 19/02/2017 by ColinBird228 (1 review written)

My partner brought me some earrings from little woods for Christmas they cost £40 and when I opened them Christmas morning they were suppose to be silver but looked like cheap tat you would get on the market for about 50p I was devastated , but what really pisses me off is that we still have to pay £40 for them surely there should be a way around this? I told him to never buy me anything from them again! Didn't like anything about it total load of rubbish! Wish he hadn't bothered with the purchase.

“littlewoods catalogue does not value customers”

Written on: 31/12/2016 by amron123 (2 reviews written)

I shopped for years with kays which then became littlewoods. the overseas based customer service was always a joke and remains unimproved for years. my recent issue though has made me very cross. in November I had to deal with a very serious family issue which completely took over my life for a couple of weeks. consequently my payment was 4days late. 7days later littlewoods imposed a £12 late payment fee. in my opinion a decent company would have looked at my payment record to see if this had happened before. there they would have seen that my payments are always on time and generally for more than the minimum they request. a decent company would perhaps have given me a telephone call to check all is well. a decent company would not offend such a good customer as myself I telephoned them which was not great. when I eventually got through I kept having to ask the advisor to repeat herself as I could not tell what she was saying. she went quiet for ages but when I checked she was still there she said she was adding a note to my account. it took her a good 10minutes to do that. anyway they are going to refund me but it will take 15-30 days. I will not be ordering anything else. they stopped the commission too which further indicates their disregard for customers.

Amron123's Response to amron123's Review

Written on: 08/03/2017

UPDATE
I still have not received payment from littlewoods.
each month I have contacted them to ask why and each time I have been told it will be next month.
I have contacted them via telephone, on line chat and email
totally incompetent company who care nothing at all for their customers.

Read 1 Comment

“Awful ”

Written on: 14/12/2016 by Tomaim3940 (1 review written)

Appalling company, zero customer service, leaving you holding for over an hour then cut you off. So called customer services advisors have no clue how to handle queries let alone solve them. This company is a joke and should be closed down by trading standards!!

“Horror Story”

Written on: 29/11/2016 by MaraEllis (1 review written)

I purchased a 55 inch TV from Littlewoods, first item was damaged and not use-able, had to wait 4 days for collection of the TV, had the replacement arrive also in the same condition as the first, finally after 4 weeks, x9 hours on the phone to customer services in South Africa, x2 hours on hold on two occasions i finally received the TV. Money being taken out of my account at random intervals, for items i had paid off in the past. Complaint process is not worth complaining to honestly. I have had 5 days of work as a result of waiting in for TV's and arranging for them to be collected. I ca know longer trust a company i once loved. I have sent emails asking for a phone call to discuss my issues and resolve my complaint, nothing! I am trying to locate the managing directors email address to inform him the customer service team is not fit for purpose. I may be an unlucky customer but in reality the customer service is appalling.

“Never Never again”

Written on: 13/09/2016 by Murphy-Alt185 (1 review written)

Brought a laptop from this shower that packed up with in 6 months and past from pillar to post with h/p and them and was never sorted out .DO NOT USE THIS FIRM YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED

“My husband had a catalogue with them for a good years...”

Written on: 22/08/2016

My husband had a catalogue with them for a good years spending a good few thousand. It was handy when money was tight and in an emergency. We saved up and were able to pay our balance off. In doing so we got reward points of nearly £82. We phoned to spend in catalogue but we were told we could get a cheque . We were delighted. We waited and waited no cheque we phoned and basically told because we never used it to spend from catalogue and in months running up to closing account we never spent anything we were not getting it. They have a hard neck to keep our money yes you were handy but you rip people off with their high Apr and their scandalous rate of payment protection you charge. You should change your name to robbing scandalous catalogue. I hope people read this ad move from you to another catalogue whose prices are not hugely inflated as your are. Is myleen klass that expensive to advertise! You are taken advantage of people who don't have money to buy stuff outright. Should be ashamed of yourselves! You deserve no stars Littlewoods.

“Returns Not Credited To Account”

Written on: 17/08/2016 by KaraWebster260 (1 review written)

Returned three dresses in two parcels. Got bar code stickers from courier as required. One dress not credited for and they are now charging me for this. Tried ringing and spoke to someone in customer services. E mailed the company,spoke on line as well. Have been trying to resolve since January without success. Would put you off using them anymore. Only problems I ever have is when it comes to returns. Very angry

“DO NOT BUY FROM HERE ”

Written on: 18/07/2016 by millybX (1 review written)

No one buy from here !! Worst customer service I have ever experienced, I ordered a tv stand which I then got sent a black chest of drawers. The call centres are not even in England so no one understand you. I could not arrange for someone to pick the item up so I had to struggle myself and take the item to the post office. For now them to say they havnt received it will not send me what I actually ordered or offer me my money back !! £135. Please no one buy from there its such a disappointment.

“Absolutely awful”

Written on: 06/07/2016 by nicolegarcia (1 review written)

I wouldn't even give them 1 star. I ordered a television from them nearly 2 months ago and still haven't received it. I've made near on 40 phone calls and sent 7 complaints to all different departments and I haven't had one reply. Their customer service team are absoultly rubbishy and have no time for there customers. As a customer I have never been treated so badly. I will never use them again. Littlewoods are full of empty promises they can't uphold.

“Just to set the scene....I have a zero balance on my...”

Written on: 06/07/2016

Just to set the scene....I have a zero balance on my account and almost £4000 available credit to spend. I received an sms yesterday from Littlewoods thanking me for the payment of just under £100 that was taken on 4th July. I rang to ask why they had taken the money considering I don't actually owe them anything... The gist of the conversation was that they would issue a refund, but it takes 10 working days to process. I asked what would happen if I decided to make them wait 10 working days for my payments? Quoting T&Cs at me...they'd put my account into arrears and begin hounding me for the money. Anyway, to cut a long story short, they wouldn't budge on the 10 working day refund policy, couldn't give me a straight answer as to why they had effectively taken almost £100 from my bank account, refused to let me speak to a manager and so after 20 minutes of frustration I ended the call. I contacted my bank and was issued a refund under the Direct Debit guarantee within less than five minutes of making the call. My account with them is now back to zero. Littlewoods have just lost another customer as I will be closing my account today. You'd think with all these negative reviews that someone would take a bit more notice of how badly their business is being run, wouldn't you? Apparently not!

“closing my account ”

Written on: 11/03/2016 by Andre478 (1 review written)

Despite 3 requests to them that I want to close my account, & having now put in a complaint, STILL no response or communication. This makes me furious as they're quick enough if you owe them money. Terrible lack of customer service, which I've experienced before when something was missing from a delivery & they said someone at my home must have stolen it... I wrote a complaint then and whilst the item was refunded, nobody replied to my letter.

“Appalling”

Written on: 10/03/2016 by R3b3cca (1 review written)

This has to be the worse catalogue i have dealt with! I have set up my account originally with Great Universal over 16 years who then changed to Kays, who then changed to K & co who is now Littlewoods (since July 2015). Over the last few years i have been saving up my rewards and had almost £280 in goods value in December. They now say that as i haven't purchased in the last 6 months that they have withdrawn my years of saving! So basically they give you a reward.....and then take it back! (in fact it wasn't even their reward to take, it was all my previous years of saving with the previous catalogues!)

“sound ”

Written on: 20/02/2016 by Phoenixb203 (1 review written)

I wozz a silly young lad some time agofinkigot debtbut I tried for a catalogue and woz getting loads off pages basicallydegrading me ano I desever it but I wanted to apologise that it and keept shotting me off alls I wanna do say sorry anth cole

“Terrible ”

Written on: 18/02/2016 by Nikki2312 (1 review written)

Can anyone tell me why littlewoods give you a credit limit of £600 on opening an account and then decline your order I have tried to contract them with no success I even have an email saying welcome to littlewoods with an account number and saying I have a £600 credit limit

“Appalling service”

Written on: 17/02/2016

Further to my comments last week, re the defective soft closing toilet seat, that has lasted 11 months. We have again contacted little woods,and even though the manufacturer has confirmed that there is indeed a twelve month warranty on the product , little woods response is. PURCHASE A NEW UNIT. And return the original item for inspection . Do that would mean that we would have paid £88 to date, with no guarantee that we would get the credit for the original item. How companies such as this are allowed to get away with sloppy trading standards beggers belief.