Harley Davidson Reviews

Media Gallery for Harley Davidson

Harley Davidson
Harley Davidson

“Rusty paintwork”

Written on: 24/06/2011 by Skybolt (5 reviews written)

I and have a 2009 Sporster XL 1200 C and love the bike as its great fun to ride but have rust on the paintwork. OK they are going to do this under the warranty but this is a 2 year old bike that only does dry miles, what sort of build quality is this. How many rusty 2 year old cars do you see these days? Come on Harley you can do much better… Read Full Review

“Having ridden lots of bikes over the past 25 years, it...”

Written on: 08/05/2005 by billecosse (1 review written)

Having ridden lots of bikes over the past 25 years, it was time in late 04 to change again. I looked at everything from bmw 1200gs to kawasaki z750. However I kept going back to the Harley Davidson dealers and eventually settled on an 05 model 883 sporster custom in black. The only changes made (so far) has been to fit sports exhaust. Whilst I understand that it will only appeal to certain people I have to say that never having had a custom before I was wary when it arrived as to whether I had… Read Full Review

“FLHRCi Harley Davidson Road King Classic - Anniversary...”

Written on: 30/04/2005 by frenchgypsies (2 reviews written)

FLHRCi Harley Davidson Road King Classic - Anniversary Edition. This is my first Harley and it's the bike for the rest of my days. Having ridden it from northern UK to southern France through terrential rain, I can say that the bike can perform in all conditions. The cruise control is a fantastic tool for distance motorway riding. And after 8 hours cleaning, I am now thoroughly enjoying the power and style on the twisty sunny roads of France. Stage 1 upgrade with Screamin Eagle pipes is an… Read Full Review

“Overall the Harlely doesn't meet any of todays...”

Written on: 27/03/2005 by hayabusaman (2 reviews written)

Overall the Harlely doesn't meet any of todays standards. Everything works but nothing works well. Poor handling and extreme vibration. And they totally forgot about power… Read Full Review

Bondo1007's Response to hayabusaman's Review

Written on: 18/08/2005

It is clear that you have never owned one as you would have reported it. I have had Five in the last 12 years and been a rider for 40 years.
<br>
<br>Harley's are not the most advanced in techonology and not the fastest motorcycles, but enjoyment in life is measured by so many more items than these two issues.

Theprescotts's Response to hayabusaman's Review

Written on: 24/12/2006

I have been riding for 40 years. Owned 3 Harley's and 2 crouch rockets. Rockets are a whole other world from Harley's. You have to have ridden many miles on both to fully understand the different rides. Harley's are like when you are ready to retire and slow down. Bikes like the FJR1300 are the polar opposite - fast and furious when you what to be, slow and comfortable when you don't.. You just have to ride them both to understand.

222002_Jhampshire's Response to hayabusaman's Review

Written on: 23/12/2005

I don't understand why Japanese bike riders hate Harley Davidsons so much. I have owned one each of the big four Japanese bikes and currently have two Yamahas and one Harley Davidson and I love all of them. I don't want to ride my Harley on the back wheel and I wouldn't take the Yamaha Virago on a long trip, but my pickup truck doesn't handle like my wife's Focus either. Just because your crotch rocket is fast, doesn't mean that all other bikes are inferior. I have come to believe that envy is at the heart of it all. By the way, I have yet to see better build quality than on my H-D Superglide, and that includes some good Japanese bikes. If you can't see the H-D craftsmanship, you just are not looking!

Hayabusaman's Response to hayabusaman's Review

Written on: 19/08/2005

I am 40 years old and I have riddin japanese bikes all my life. I always rode the best available. All this hipe about harleys , I thought I'd buy one. What a dissapointment, This 2002 model felt like was built in the late 70's not the 21 century. They are in need of much refinement. All I can say about harley lovers is, It's the want to be though guy image, that has evolved from the criminal bike gangs... before you waist your hard earned cash on a harley, go to a local big 4 dealer and test drive, Honda, Suzuki,Yamaha, Kawasaki,they all are well engineered ( it literally is like Honda vrs. Briggs and Stratton) I can't comment on European bikes, I have not ever owned one... It may be worth checking into

Read 4 Comments

“I have been riding my Harley Davidson Springer for a...”

Written on: 29/07/2004 by stymie (1 review written)

I have been riding my Harley Davidson Springer for a few months now and it is everything I wanted in a Tourer bike. Great "old school" looks, precise, predictable handling and plenty of power. The ride is firm but not harsh and it takes the bumps without punishing you… Read Full Review

Technophobe's Response to stymie's Review

Written on: 09/09/2004

I too love Harley's and the look of the Springer really is something else. I wouldn't put a double disc on the front though nor would I concider putting a 4+pot caliper on there either. Believe it or not H-D do know their stuff and too much brake might stress those great looking forks under certain circustances.

Read 1 Comment

“I have road tested the Harley Davidson 2004 v-rod,...”

Written on: 26/03/2004 by clivewills (1 review written)

I have road tested the Harley Davidson 2004 v-rod, this is the first harley I have ever riden and I can can only compare it to the eighties naked muscle bikes that have been my bag. Handling is good for a long wheel base bike and the engine pulls clean and smooth from low in the range, I did not open it right up as I have respect for engine that has only done 143 miles,but i can say there is a lot of power there.I have never been one for reaching over camel-humped tanks and feet tucked behind… Read Full Review

Hayabusaman's Response to clivewills's Review

Written on: 16/05/2005

I like your comments, its kinda nice to read an open minded reveiw. I ride a hayabusa and to me it's the king of motorcycles, the crosswinds problems on this bike are practically non existant. I know what you mean about instant cool, its kinda nice to get a smile from every female, and every kid wanting to see a wheelie. And when you stop everyone asking how fast it goes/ including police officers. Good luck on yor new bike

Read 1 Comment