Freemans www.freemans.com Catalogue Reviews

Freemans www.freemans.com - Ask a question now

“Overnight price increases”

written by MadisonCameron19 on 22/10/2021

I attempted to buy a shelving unit which was in 2 pieces, whilst trying to buy it the right side increased by £125, I contacted customer service by email and had no reply. I checked prices again in the morning and the left side had now also increased,, I called customer services and was told you need to pay what’s advertised, that’s £250 extra. Neither item we’re on sale, it was just regular prices and they increased them by £125 each. Terrible pricing and terrible customer services. They are not interested!!!

“Shut my account”

written by Maximo55 on 05/06/2021

Had a fone call in week from Freemans wich i missed as i was working, foned back recorded message saying not important no need to call back today a letter saying my account is closed? No balance owing and always paid on time? I Have an account also with Look Again who sent me an email saying they have been sent info that i have moved? I have not and have been in my home 20 years? This happen to anyone else?

“Worst 'Customer Service' ever received!”

written by 3llena on 26/04/2017

The low quality clothing has always been overpriced but free standard delivery compensated for the extortionate prices. Fake pictures are used for clothing, showing nicely fitted tops, but in reality, they're big, baggy and shapeless. But my reason for review comes after the shocking 'customer service' I received from both the customer service agents and the complaints department. I had to make contact several times before I received an unacceptable response. I can't understand how Freemans are still in business when they allow staff (especially Tonya Shaw, a member of customer care team) to be so rude to loyal customers!! The treatment I received is unacceptable and I will NEVER be a customer of this disgusting, unprofessional company again!

“Prices”

written by Silva344 on 09/12/2016

Have been a customer for over 20 years the prices are becoming ridiculous there is a massive difference in price compared to other catalogues really not happy

“Very poor quality goods”

written by Cayden1958 on 18/11/2016

I have been a customer of Freemans for nearly 40 years and am horrified at the way the quality of their goods has fallen. When I first started buy clothes from them the quality and value were great. Not anymore - since they have been part of a much larger group of companies the quality of the fabrics is poor and the price is ridiculous. The courier company they use is another problem as I live in a rural area and numerous times have waited in all day for someone to pick up returns with no luck. Have taken the item to the PO and then days later the courier turns up looking for the items. I have stopped ordering from them as they are not reliable and only now and then buy items for the home but never clothes.

“I'm not saying it's a bad catalogue but I do think...”

written by Specialsiren on 13/10/2016

I'm not saying it's a bad catalogue but I do think they're very very expensive. I wouldn't recommend them. I was buying the star wars lego millennium falcon which is in Argos for £130. Looking on line I seen it in jd Williams and look again for the same price but freemans were charging £170. I think that's an extortionate price hike. If I wanted to pay up front and not open a credit account why would I pay £170 at freemans. There's no need to be that expensive.

“Shocked by so many bad reviews”

written by LuzGalbraith12 on 01/10/2016

Ive ordered with no problems returned goods with no problems. Called and customer services were excellent... Credit limit rises All good here would recommend.

“Worst catalogue by far”

written by 467Corcoran on 09/06/2016

I have had this catalogue since October last year, I have made at least three times my minimum payment every time and always paid weeks before payment was actually due. Then I went to make a purchase a last month and my order was cancelled on their end and when I asked why they said your credit rating has dropped and therefore we will not be allowing any more purchases using your credit account. I mean come on as long as my payments are made and on time should it really matter.

“Terrible! Worst catalogue ever!!”

written by Haleighr411 on 04/12/2015

Discusting customer service for one!! Ordered blinds which were wrong side so ordered to send back as they were snapped in half!! and change size They re ordered some which were the Same size when I needed smaller. I ended up having 4 sets of blinds being ordered and cancelled all on my statements when I checked. So I called them up once again and asked to check what size and cancel the others! She said "yes all done for you" This being said I received the wrong size again! And still have 2 sets of blinds on my account which they want me to pay for !!! When it was a return! I never ordered 2. Iv emailed and called and so far no response Iv received my paper statement with a bill which is over due my account amount so Iv had them calling me asking me to settle my account when I haven't even HAD TWO SETS!!! I was well within my amount spent and had no arrears!! Now they have messed up my account and made me over my account and want me to pay! I don't think so. So been very stressful there USELESS!! And DONT NO WHAT THERE DOING. No communication with eachother. I still haven't had this resolved!! BUT I WILL!

“Don't buy from Freemans, you'll be sorry if you do”

written by on 19/09/2015

I have not been credited for a return that they acknowledged receipt of, which they now say is "missing". On 31 August I ordered 2 of the same item and was sent the wrong size. I returned both items in the same bag they were delivered in, which was collected by their courier on 4th September. On 7th Sept I received 2 emails confirming receipt of each item. On 8th September I received an email saying one item would be refunded, which it was on the 11th. On the 12th I asked what happened to the refund for the second item and to date I'm still waiting for an answer. They say my "claim" has to be "investigated", that the refund department is "backlogged", and I will "just have to wait". They won't give me any commitment that my "claim" will be agreed. They've taken my money, had their goods back, and still won't give me back my money. The Customer Service representative I spoke with today said "this happens all the time". I am disabled so I do all my shopping online, and I have never encountered anything like this before. Something is rotten at Freemans.

“Freemans are refusing me a refund due”

written by Driscollee267 on 19/08/2015

Freemans are refusing to refund an over-payment made by direct debit due to their error. They have made so many mistakes with my account and have said i have missed payments despite my bank statement saying i have made every payment on time. I have been going round in circles and they just don't care. The staff seem clueless and unable to follow simple instructions. This is nothing less than theft!

Written on: 21/08/2015

i guess the staff can only go with what they have in front of them, it is your responsibility to prove you have paid it, send copies of the bank statements.

Read 1 Comment

“BEWARE OF THEIR RETURNS POLICY!”

written by 250Hanley on 03/08/2015

Their goods are supposed to be on 14 days approval. . .but they are not! Twice they have charged me for goods that I don't want and they say they cannot be returned because 'they are out of the approval date.' I have been an agent with this catalog since 1977 and I can't believe how far down the tubes its gone. It used to be great and their products were good value for money. But alas, these days after one wash the item falls to bits, no matter how much you have paid for it! I won't be shopping with them any more, that's for sure.

“Avoid at all cost”

written by CarlBarry on 20/04/2015

Delayed my order for weeks and suddenly says it is dispatched just when I ask for cancellation. Terrible customer service. Never ever will shop at this shxt company again

“Don't email back ”

written by on 20/03/2015

Was told about this freemans to rebuild or no credit they don't turn down yeah right a friend got turned down and they got credit all ready and pay on time I just gone through them my account still says setting up that a week now I emailed loads about this only got back once to me to say still setting up no information yet I just looked this morning and say the same so I emailed and said I wait for turn down letter Do not be leave anyone that says can help you and no matter your credit we don't turn down it is bull I say how you suppose to build or get credit if no one helps

“Credit builder!”

written by roryjames on 17/02/2015

Applied for a freemans account on the off chance of being accepted and to my surprise the top that i ordered arrived on a Sunday no less considering i ordered it on the Friday i was impressed! I was started on a limit of 200 pounds which rose by 100 every month after i made payments. At the moment the balance is quite high and im sorting my finances so am making the minimum payment and the limit hasnt budged which i feel shows that they are responsible in how much credit they are dishing people out! If you want to build some credit history up this seems like a pretty good company to use, Always keep an eye out for promotional codes that are loating around! Freemans do free delivery! :)

“Credit account with no credit”

written by Aubreet79 on 27/01/2015

I opened my Freemans Flex account to get a better credit rating. Never been anywhere near my credit limit... Ordered items every few months to keep the account running and always paid on time.. Two days ago I ordered a product, went to track it today to find the order has been cancelled.. Phoned customer services to be told that every product ordered is subject to an internal and external credit check??? (lies) even though my flex account only has a £10 balance on it, and my account was showing that I had 190 credit available, they had not let me order a product for £40!?! What's the point in running a credit account if they don't let you use the credit that is stated on the account? Anyway I paid my £10 balance bad have now closed the account! Strangely another catalogue I set up Around the same time (lower APR, quicker deliveries, better products) emailed thr day after telling me they had doubled my limit to £2500! So Freeman's 'credit' checks are very out of touch.. done me a favour while losing a customer

Written on: 21/08/2015

all credit accounts no matter what company it is regularly check with other credit companies you are with whether it be credit cards, mobile phone contracts etc and if you have high credit limits, missed payments or generally credit with other companies, this can mean sometimes you are seen as a risk and companies have the legal right to refuse credit at any time, despite you may have paid them correctly, it is the 'risk' factor.

“SHOCKING!!!!!”

written by Molloyub359 on 13/12/2014

Sick to death of ordering presents and them not coming. This time it's apparently been delivered but definitely not to my house!!! So now not only has my partners birthday been ruined, Christmas has also!!! I am fuming, customer service are a joke!!!

“BAD SERVICE AND PRICES BAD, ALSO GOODS FROM HEAP...”

written by Ruiz192 on 10/12/2014

I BOUGHT A FFROZEN CUSHION FOR MY DAUGHTERS XMAS,I GOT MY CUSHION AFTER 5 DAYS OF WAITING ONLY TO OPEN IT AND SEE IT HAD A B AND M STICKER ON IT SAYING PRICE £3.99. NOW I PAID FREEMANS £12.00FOR MY CUSHION. ON EMAILING THEM, THEY JUST SAID THAT THEY WOUL GIVE ME THE ITEM FOR £5.99... WHAT PART OF THIS DO YOU THINK THEY DON'T UNDERSTAND!!!!!! TERRIBLE SERVICE, I AM NOW IN THE PROCESS OF LEGAL ACTION........

Written on: 21/08/2015

legal action over a cushion, omg get a life!!!!

Read 1 Comment

“Damaged goods and wait forever ”

written by mpMcCarthy300 on 26/10/2014

Awful customer services who lie to you and you wait an age for things then damaged when they arrive.

“Poor customer service with poor products.”

written by Curtis338 on 15/10/2014

Recently bought an item through freemans which arrived late. Called customer service to ask where it was and they said this was not their issue. When item finally arrived, i plugged it in and turned it on. The fuse in my house then blew and product no longer worked. They provided me with a dangerous item with poor service. Do not use!