Volvo V70 2.4 Reviews

Volvo V70 2.4 - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Volvo V70 2.4

Volvo V70 2.4
Volvo V70 2.4

“Bought the Volvo 2.4 V70 estate car with around 75,000...”

Written on: 28/08/2004 by peterkn (1 review written)

Bought the Volvo 2.4 V70 estate car with around 75,000 miles, CD spec. auto. 10 valve. My last car, a Volvo 740 auto, had over 105,000 and was still like new (as near as a 14 year old car can be, anyway)so I wasn't worried that it was a relatively high miler.

The V70 is not as practical as the 740 was, difficult to park due to the poor turning circle and comparatively poor rear visibility. A great fast road cruiser, luxurious and relaxing to drive. It hasn't let me down once. Very good value… Read Full Review

“Years ago I bought the legendary old silver Volvo 740...”

Written on: 01/06/2004 by mumfo23 (1 review written)

Years ago I bought the legendary old silver Volvo 740 2.3TD for £1800 at auction, it had 180,000 miles on the clock & was very clean & in good condition. I sold it at 220,000 miles for half the auction price after 4 happy years, there was no rust at all anywhere except the stone pings at the front & even they were barely noticeable & this car was 13 years old.
So after that sort of introduction to Volvo estates I decided to buy a nearly new V70 TDSE top of the range model with everything… Read Full Review

Hairymonster's Response to mumfo23's Review

Written on: 08/07/2004

Seems you've highlighted a problem with main dealers I've known about for over 30 years. I'll never go to them for that very reason; you'll always get ripped off. Find yourself a decent Volvo specialist like A B Gelders, Sharrow Vale Road, Sheffield. I bought my now 8 year old 850 GLT estate from them over 12 months ago and would definitely go back for another.
<br>Purchase price wise, they're in the middle ground, but you get quality. Service price wise, they're quite reasonable.

Award's Response to mumfo23's Review

Written on: 24/08/2005

Spot on with dealerships, they are the scum of the earth.
<br>
<br>I had a "courtesy" car which had 5 litres put in for my 6 mile round trip home and back to collect - for which I was charged £3.90 on a service bill of £306. There was no reduction for the 7 miles undertaken to road test MY car I noticed (which I normally charge clients 50p per mile)!!!!
<br>
<br>Because of guarantees, use these people if you must then dump them as soon as possible.

Read 2 Comments

“The Volvo V70 2.4 is an excellent car. We bought ours...”

Written on: 26/02/2004 by RBraddick (4 reviews written)

The Volvo V70 2.4 is an excellent car. We bought ours from new, 3 years ago now. This is my wife's car and is also the family car - to date the car has done very well.

Has a tendency to be light at the front; steering and power going through the same wheels can cause this to happen.

We chose the 2.4 non-turbo to avoid excessive tyre wear and issues with huge power going through front wheels (having owned a T5 previously I was aware of these issues). Tyres still wear out quickly though!

A… Read Full Review

Award's Response to RBraddick's Review

Written on: 24/08/2005

Inflate tyres to about 42 psi and you greatly extend their wear. I have had an 850 TD and V70 D5 and fronts will last for over 18k. if this is done

Read 1 Comment