Gullivers Land, Milton Keynes Reviews

Gullivers Land, Milton Keynes
2.6

Summary

Read reviews of Gullivers Land, find the best rides and what you need to know before you go.
Location Milton Keynes
Directions M1 exit at Junction 14 and follow the signs. Milton Keynes centre, follow the signs for Willen Lake until you pick-up the brown signs for Gulliver's
Gullivers Land, Milton Keynes - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Gullivers Land, Milton Keynes

“Avoid avoid ”

written by BarbsCampbell on 07/03/2023

I attended Gulliver's Land Milton Keynes with my friends and family on Saturday, 4th March - 5th March (stay and play) for my autistic daughters birthday. I initially booked three Safari lodges on 25th January. After making my booking, I realised that not all lodges came with a cooking facility. I called up to confirm if there was a cooking facility in the Safari lodge and was told there isn't. I proceeded to request an upgrade for 1 of the lodges to the Lost World Cabin as I was told it has a cooking facility to accommodate my autistic daughter. This was requested via email after I came off the phone, inorder to have an audit trail and to avoid any miscommunication and misunderstanding. Upon arriving at check-in, I was told that the Cabin had not been upgraded. The manager was called as I was unhappy and needed some resolution. However he made things worse instead of being helpful. He informed myself and my guests that there was no other cabins available with cooking facilities and told us we can come back tomorrow instead! What sort of suggestion is that! How is it OK to inconvenience people in such manner! With No apology whatsoever! No compassion whatsoever! At this point I started to get angry as the suggestion made no sense, we was spoken to in a condensing manner with zero empathy. I did my part as a Customer. I also made sure I had proof of the upgrade. Someone had messed up and not upgraded the Cabin as requested but yet we was made to feel as though no such thing was requested and we was at fault. I became extremely emotional and was in tears. I informed him that my child had not eaten. I specifically requested an upgrade, an early check-in and a late check-out to accommodate my autistic child to ensure I stick to her routine and she's looked after accordingly. He then proceeded to say he will cancel the booking as there is nothing else he can do and I was being emotional. Which obviously made things worse! The manager stood there and smirked at me being distressed. I asked him why he was smirking, and he replied, It is part of customer service, it is part of customer service that you smile at peoples distress instead of apologising? Never heard or seen such in my life. Seeing I was distressed and emotional, my sisters took me outside to get some air and breath. I had so many mixed emotions as I tried my best and did my part to ensure the accommodation was suitable for my little one. I have never been treated in such a manner in my life and was shocked to experience such. I believe discriminated against us, was unfair and unwilling to help due to our race. He found it funny. The least the manager could have done was empathise, apologise for the mess made by his team and find a reasonable suggestion and some form of compensation as the error was no fault of mine but that of a staff, instead he showed zero care, zero compassion & zero empathy. We came to a resolution after 30 minutes. My sister suggested using the oven in the restaurant kitchen to make my daughters lunch as she needed to eat, which the manager agreed to for just her lunch. We then had to look for an argos to purchase an air fryer and a food steamer, which i am against but was left with no choice. I 100% will not be returning to Gulliver's Land and will ensure all my family, friends and people on social media platforms are aware of the unfair treatment, which I partly have a recording of as 1 of my sisters took a recording of the incident. I will not be letting this go easily as it concerns my non-verbal autistic child. I am her voice and a voice of so many others who could potentially encounter someone like him and feel helpless.

“Santa weekend”

written by Sandraalmer19 on 11/12/2017

We arrived with great excitement for our first visit to Gullivers Milton Keynes. Got to our cabin to find it quite cold but did eventually warm up when we got back from tea etc, but well equipped with other items and a nice touch of a dream hat and sweets for the children. We went for food where a lovely lady greeted us and was most helpful, food was quite average and served on cold plates so was cold by the time it got to us and all served on small plates so not much for adults. The toasting marshmallows was a bit of a failure as the fire wasn't lit until we went to it so the marshmallows were smoked and not nice. The following morning the breakfast was again served on cold plates and only scrambled egg available, no choice. The weather was horrendous so we went to see Santa before heading home, this was amazing, great set up, the staff were great, they did say there were some rides open but not sure which ones as we needed to head home because of the weather.

“Run down, needs doing up. Wouldn't recommend!!!!”

written by Jamir478 on 10/05/2017

Rides very run down, monerail was partly broken. Very bad service, no staff around to ask questions. Rude staff, won't be revisiting!!!!!

“Cold food ”

written by Larry274 on 01/05/2017

I order 2 chicken Tower meal and childs nugget meal and paid £18.55. When I received my food , I took to the table. When I took a bit of my chicken tower it's cold but when I check my wife it's hot. I took the burger to the counter and complain to the person I dealt with. She took my burger at back and check the temperature and came back to me and said its 60 degree and it's hot in front of lots of people so I said bring the prob and check the temperature infront of me, which she refused and said she can't change and asked for my bill and said bill is printed 12 minutes ago . I said but you served just now. She said go and talk to customer service. I went to customer service and talk to a man. He called the lady I dealt with and then she said me he can't do anything .he said she is catering manager and she don't want to change . I was not happy with the problem solving . the person I dealt with was rude when customer complain and no apologise. She need training on customer service. If anyone wants to get cold burger then eat here. I was so disappointed with the person I dealt with as well as the man in customer services. If he can't solve guest issue why he is in guest relation

“Awful awful awful ”

written by Whitehead498 on 21/08/2016

Really run down makes me worry about that safety of the rides when they can't even upkeep the paint work!. Rides broken or closed never eat the food !!. Me and my daughter put ours in the bin not one hair net in sight .

“The worst ever place to visit ”

written by Clinton91 on 02/09/2015

I brought my son daughter in law and grand children a all inclusive day out on the 27 August 2015 I paid for them to eat at The park , they was refused entry !!! Saying they was not booked in !! They made no effort to find out any information , to help the family just Refused !! Having 2 small children , the prices to eat there was so VERY expensive , they had to leave early , so they could let the eat some lunch !! I phoned and emailed Gullivers land , all they offered was a refund on a meal which I had paid for which they refused them to eat at , Or to pay again for another day out and have a free meal !!! A meal which I already paid for that they refused the family to have , why should I pay again when they totally spoilt the first day out What a waste of money and they expect to pay for another day , !! When they said they made the mistake in the first place

“Gullivers Milton Keynes Weekend caravanning & attractions”

written by Jwill1 on 19/07/2014

We were nearly put off by reviews on here but decided to go anyway. This isn't a great place for older children but.... We were staying at the next door campsite so asked for a pass for a family of four, as the littlest is slightly under sized we didn't have to pay for him so we got a great discount of £60 for two days entry to Gullivers Land, Dino land / farm and splash. Ok, some bits need a lick of paint, mainly dino land but the rest was great. Our 2 & 4 year olds loved it as the rides are like big rides but not massively scary. The staff were all very friendly. Food was what you would expect from fast food and not too pricey either. The street as you enter the park and the castle looks great. We had a great family day out. The camping and caravanning site next door is very clean and well kitted out for family's, the staff, again, we're very friendly.

“BIRTHDAY PARTY FROM HELL”

written by DAWND123 on 03/03/2014

Took my Daughter to Gulliver's for Ellie's Fairy Fiesta..... The site offered half a day in the park followed by a party with hot food, a visit to the Fairy Academy, Birthday Card, Queue Buster ticket, Fairy accessories to play with and much more..... What we actually got was a half day in the park with NO queue buster ticket. My Daughters favourite ride shut down for repairs. A cold, bare party room for a Princess Party (NOT FAIRY AS BOOKED), lukewarm food, a young fella dressed in a Knights costume which cost no more than £10, no entertainment, no music, no birthday decorations. What we got was simply a bare room which only just fitted the 8 children, parents sat outside in the corridor because of lack of room, the kids had to come outside to say hello to Ellie the Elephant as no room, the host disappeared every 5 mins, cake not set up........... All in all I would say a complete waste of money and a boring party for the kids. Have had contact from Gulliver's Manager offering a family ticket, which quite frankly is a kick in the gut as we cannot get back the birthday party that a disappointed 6 year old had. Gulliver's Land is a no go in our book with not an ounce of party spirit in it.

“Awful day out”

written by nascars on 06/08/2013

As no1 put any reviews in 2013 yet guess what? it has'ant changed from some of the other reviews ive seen on here. Went there this summer with family and most of the rides were nothing spectacular and most of them broke down. log flume broke down twice and brother was stuck on ride for around 30 mins. Food was disgraceful as staff got orders wrong and food very expensive for what it was as very low quality of food. Wouldent go again.

“No good staff are bad to kids my son is DDA ”

written by on 02/09/2012

24th August 2012       Dear Mr Sadler,   As you are aware, here at Gulliver’s we continually strive to make every part of our visitors day out as fun filled and safe as reasonably practicable. Visitor feedback is an integral part of this quest. A family visit is something we take extremely seriously and I can only apologise if you feel on this occasion we have not fully met with your expectations.   We have never or indeed would ever deliberately try to cause embarrassment or discomfort to any visitor to any of the Gulliver’s attractions and if you feel that this has been the case then I offer a complete and unreserved apology. Gulliver’s is a family owned, family run, family orientated business and would not enjoy the loyal customer base it has for over thirty years if this were not the case. Through my investigations, with the information you provided during our telephone conversation, I must inform you that unfortunately at this time I can find no record of you or your family entering Gulliver’s Land on the dates provided by yourself. The entry tickets and contact details you state you left with a member of our admissions team while exiting the park with your family have yet to materialise. It is unlikely therefore that you would have received any correspondence from ourselves either directly or via our Hotline team. Any person visiting a Gulliver’s attraction is free to decide what time to arrive and what time to leave the premises during allotted trading hours. A visitor’s decision to leave the site for whatever reason is theirs and theirs alone.   From my investigations I am aware that you had made a number of attempts to contact specific members of the Management team at Gulliver’s, I can only apologise if this has been unsuccessful at any juncture. Our dedicated and professional team at the Hotline are not permitted to deviate from their policies regarding internal communications and I must take this opportunity to thank you for your understanding and your patience in this regard. Please rest assured however, that your comments have been taken incredibly seriously and we will continue working alongside our Health and Safety partners, the DDA / Equalities Act advisory board, Health and Safety Executive, engineering management consultants and our own internal and external auditors and trainers to make all aspects of our visitor attractions as fun, safe and enjoyable as reasonably practicable. Furthermore; any suggestions or ideas forthcoming from all visitors on possible improvements to our attractions and services are, where practicable, acted upon.   Once again may I take this opportunity to thank you for bringing all your feedback to my personal attention, your patience during my investigations and I look forward to hopefully seeing you and your family very soon.   Yours Faithfully       Richard Welby   Duty Manager Gulliver’s Resort Milton Keynes

Leelatchford's Comment

Written on: 02/09/2012

I don't want to sound harsh or anything but what is it that they have done that is so bad? All you have done is post a letter but not given any background to why it's on here. This is one of very few review sites that people actually trust. It isn't a place to simply flame a person or businesses. Try to remember that without the whole story this 'review' is unhelpful to any reader and in all honesty quite pointless. Sorry but there it is.

Jinnymarie's Comment

Written on: 03/09/2012

I have to agree with Adamholmes's comment, This is just a waste of time as a review. If this is not a spammer then this guy, (name removed) would not mind telling me what "No good staff are bad to kids my son is DDA " means?

I have been to Gulliver's Land and the Farm part before and have had a great time with my son at both. Always found the staff helpful and ok.
Sorry to say this but it does sound a lot like a freebie spammer to me.

Adamholmes's Comment

Written on: 03/09/2012

This is a bit pointless unless you are going to explain what has happened, I am a regular visitor of Gulliver's Land and they have been nothing but polite and helpfull to us, the letter above implies you never even visited! clearly just another spammer looking for free tickets.

“Awful!”

written by on 12/04/2012

Visited Easter Sunday with my husband and our 2 year old, what an awful place, over tired, the floor of the food hall was sticky as you walked over it and hygiene looked questionable, so we didn't eat there. No one was enforcing the smoke free zones, so we didn't go on a lot of rides because there were big families standing by the entrances chain smoking. No reference to it being Easter either, might have been fun to have a bunny bouncing around?!? I wouldn't go there again if someone paid me!

“Run down park”

written by on 16/02/2012

Hello.took the kids to Gullivers milton keynes as we had not been there for 2 years.The place is so run down now that it is not worth the money.The place was dirty even where we ate smelled and was dirty.Would never go there again. The place is for rats not for kids and that is no joke!

“Gullivers MK Christmas 2011 day out”

written by cjes on 27/11/2011

Saw a leaflet advertising Christmas event at Gullivers Mk and was sucked in. As in the area on a weekend break thought we would take our 18mth old son for a fun introduction to Christmas for him. On arrival we thought the park looked very dated and drab (very much unlike the leaflet/photos/website advertising it- dont be fooled by this if you plan to go). It was good that our son could go on some of the rides due to his size and he seemed to enjoy them, though as the adults we could see how dated and run down they were. We chose and paid for the 'Cracker package'. We went on this as it provided a lunch (thought would make life easier) and which claimed to give you entry to an extra pantomine over the basic package this did not seem the case as anyone seem to be able to get in to the pantomine. Plus one of the shows was shut, nothing to really tell you this or apologies. A disappointment as we had been tempted by the shows, thinking our 18mth would like these. He loved the one we did make it to! (even if we didn't understand the plot as adults) We were Unable to see the others as they seem to all be during our alloted time slot to see santa. Lunch was just horrid, cold and tasteless. Cheap and poorly presented. We were unable to eat it. What made it worse was we had ordered the 'baby chips' for our son. which we assumed based on website description was a mini portion of the children menu. Instead it was just an adult size portion of cold chips and a cup of squash. No meat at all. Disgusting do they think I would be happy to give my 18 mth just an adult portion of chips for his lunch. I was not the only unhappy parent about this as there was three other parents in the time I was in there who question it. When I question it they told me thats what you ordered you can have chicken for him if you pay £3.50 extra glad I chose not to as our meal was disgusting and we were refused a refund despite being unable to eat any of it. Santa winter wonderand was gullivers only saving grace though actually visit to santa was unimaginative.

“Disappointing ”

written by GalaxyandMars on 23/08/2011

I appreciate most people only review a place if they were unhappy or had a bad experience but I want to give an honest opinion of our day. We were sold on Gullivers by the website and televsion ads but I should have read the review websites. As a family with two small children we visit many places and because of the lower admission charge we didnt expect Thorpe Park or Alton Tower style attractions. Saying that, a lot of the rides were so poor. You feel as if its an old park with old rides on its last legs. If the owners could just keep it in a good condition it would be a start. How costly is it to keep grass areas tidy or repaint attractions? Are we the customers not worth it? A big problem they have is the staff. With a few exceptions they look bored and unapproachable, chatting loudly amongst themselves about their plans for the evening, mainly youngsters (nothing wrong with that) but did not have the proper attitude you expect, did not know how to talk to customers correctly and the robotic

Guest's Response to GalaxyandMars's Review

Written on: 18/01/2012

I very often take my four grandchildren when it is one of their birthdays. They really love going to Gullivers land . This revue that has been written seems like the person goes there for themselves and not the children. Ask the kids if they like it.

“Visited Gulliver's on 15th May 2011. Weather quite...”

written by on 16/05/2011

Visited Gulliver's on 15th May 2011. Weather quite grey and overcast with spots of rain.

We were recommended to Gullivers because it catered for younger children. Looking at it from my daughters perspective she had a great day and really pushed herself to try new things. There was plenty to do to fill the day and the staff I found were good, helpful and encouraging in the most part. Some of the features were a bit dated but I think that added to the experience. Certainly, my daughter didn't notice and actually found it interesting enough to try twice. She found the whole experience magical.

Like the fact that nearly all rides are geared for parents to accompany the children. All in all, my daughter had a great day and therefore, so did we.

Neet20's Comment

Written on: 19/07/2013

Hi...how old was your daughter when u visited Gullivers land? My son is 13 months old...would it be worth taking him there?

“After a previous day at Thorpe Park, I decided to take...”

written by on 03/05/2011

After a previous day at Thorpe Park, I decided to take my 2 year old daughter somewhere a little bit more towards her age range. Although she is under 90cm, it looked like there would be a lot more stuff she could do there than at thorpe park. Gulliver's Land being only just down the road from me , it wasn't too much of a hassle to get there , even though it was a bank holiday monday there didn't seem to be too much of a problem queuing.
First half of the day was OK - plenty of things for DD to do , even if she couldn't go on many rides she seemed happy enough.

Sadly when it came to lunchtime and getting something to eat, it all went horribly wrong. Lack of Card facilities at the main restaurant ( only discovered after I'd spent 10 minutes queuing ) lead us to the "food court" were we looked to get a sandwich - poor signing and once again surly staff led us to the 2nd walkout of the day. We finally settled on a hot dog , which took 15 minutes while being cooked - how you can cook something for 15 minutes and still have it tepid amazes me.

Having spent a similar amount of money the previous day at another theme park , the difference in the levels of customer service was night and day.

Given the proximity to the park I was looking at getting a season ticket, but the poor customer service has really put me off for now at least.

“I tock my family for a day out at Gullivers Milton...”

written by on 21/04/2011

I tock my family for a day out at Gullivers Milton Keynes, when we returned to our car we were presented with a plastic bin bag and told that are car had been broken into. Our car was 1 of 7 cars that were broken in to that afternoon. My biggest issue was that the staff at Gulliver Milton Keynes notified the police at 3pm, and we did not did not find out until 5.30 when the parked closed, we were told that they did not know who owned the cars.
The car is not owned by Gulliver's but runs parallel to the theme park, and the break-ins where brought to there attention. Gulliver's just failed to notify the car owners, if a child is lost then a loud speaker announcement is played asking the parent to come and collect their child or even if the park is closing then an announcement is played notifying people of this fact. why was not the registration numbers plates of the 7 cars broken in to called out so people could make arrangement, to prevent further people taking advantages of cars with broken windows. Instead they would rather have you spending your money in their shops and food hall.

“Gullivers Land Milton Keynes ”

written by kevdsn on 04/04/2011

Gullivers Land Milton Keynes

Having read through many negative reviews about Gullivers Land in Milton Keynes, we decided to take our 4 year old son today (mothers day) partly because they were running a "mothers go free" promotion and partly because it's not too far away; they park also seemed better suited to young children than many of the bigger well known ones.

Well I must say we had a fantastic day, we arrived at 11am and found there was no queue to get in as such. The one thing I was concerned about was as our son is young at 4 years old that he would not be able to go on a large number of the rides, but it turned out quite the opposite, there was not a single ride including the roller coaster that he couldn't go on (he is 111cm tall) it would however be a problem if your child was under 90cm. Most rides require the child to be over 90cm and if under 110cm they must be accompanied by an adult, the only exception is the roller coaster which has a minimum height restriction of 110cm.

So by 11:05 we were on our first ride and barely stopped until the park closed at 5pm, I think he went on just about everything and some rides twice. I would think if you went with older teenagers that had been to some of the larger more famous parks they would be disappointed with the rides, but for young children the rides are extremely fun without scaring the life out of them.

The park was clean and litter free, toilets were also clean so no complaints there; although the park was not that busy, queues for rides at most were a couple of minutes for the popular rides and no queues at all for the smaller rides, just about perfect in the fact that the place didn't feel deserted but crowds were not a problem either. I can imagine that during busier times of the year clenseness and litter may degrade somewhat.

Staff were on the whole very friendly and helpful, my only complaint was with one particular jobsworth who called me over and asked "do you have a licence to use that in here?" I stood there for a moment wondering what on earth he was talking about until he said it again this time pointing to my camera! this did take me by suprise as I was only doing what every other family was doing, taking pics of my child having fun! Ok I am a professional photographer by trade so my camera is a professional camera but on the other hand I wasn't over doing it, I had just one camera with a standard lens fitted over my shoulder. This did annoy me a little but I have run into this before and hit him firmly with my standard reply, which left him lost for words and appologising for troubling me. Think he may think twice before challenging anyone else about this in the future.

Can't really comment on food as we took our own picnic but I can say there were plenty of onsite facilities.

I wouldn't say the park was perfect, I'm sure no matter where we went we could find some room for improvement, but I can say we had a thoroughly enjoyable day, our son had masses of fun and loved every minute of it and with the mothers day offer it didn't cost a fortune. So in summary mission accomplished, we got exactly what we wanted out of the day, good value and smiles all round and an excitable 4 year old who slept all the way back in the car.

We certainly will be revisiting this attraction again in the future.

“Very poor start to holiday week - went there and was...”

written by on 21/02/2011

Very poor start to holiday week - went there and was told that a couple of the rides were closed hence price reduction. On entry all the large rides were closed, when we complained management were arrogant that they had a good service. Poor day - kids upset but management did not care. Really concerned that only duty manager on at weekend with no way to escalate or deal with our compliant. Ask for a call today but no call received.

I would avoid it is a run down park with no real customer care. The sign at front say no refund - it should say no customer value

“The worst childrens attraction I have ever been to. ...”

written by MMM1239 on 16/12/2010

The worst childrens attraction I have ever been to. Would not recommend at all. From the moment we arrived, litterally at the main entrance we had problems gaining entry, no apologise were made for making us wait with children in the cold for 20minutes whilst they sorted themselve out. None of the staff knew where special christmas attractions we're taking place sening us in the wrong direction. Got onto a ride with 4 children all under 5, then told "Oh its broken, someones coming to fix it" Staff were so clueless I was scared having them operate the few rides that was working. The site itself is old and need of some serious attention. Food was disgusting. Santas gifts are cheap and nasty, same as the gift shop - full of absolute rubbish. Just a total dissapointment, its okay for very young children as they didn't notice the things an adult would. Better of saving your money and going elsewhere!