Paultons Park www.paultonspark.co.uk Reviews

Summary

Read reviews of Paultons Park, find the best rides and what you need to know before you go.
Location Hampshire.
Directions Just off exit 2 of the M27.

Paultons Park www.paultonspark.co.uk - Ask a question now

“Waste of £100”

Written on: 29/10/2014

I visited Poultons Park yesterday with my 5 year old niece and my mum (her nanny). The day was my mums treat and I was shocked to find out before we started that tickets for three of us cost nearly £80!! For a theme park aimed at toddlers and young children?! I'm a huge fan of theme parks and don't begrudge shelling out when you feel you get value for money. Unfortunately this was not the case. I've never been so disgusted with the attitude of staff in my life - I hardly saw any staff smile, or make any of the guests feel welcome all day, even the children. One ride attendant stood with her back to the que, shut the gate on my niece as she approached the front of the que nearly trapping her fingers, and another attendant kicked... Yes kicked!... the car door shut behind her as she got on the peppa pig car track ride! I was absolutely shocked! We qued for over an hour to get lunch in one of the restaurants, which cost just under £20 for two cheap tasteless hot dogs, a childrens chicken nuggets meal and a few chips. There were no napkins left, no sauces left, and after asking two seperate, uninterested, staff members for assistance and waiting nearly 10 minutes, we gave up and ate our cold meals without either. I wouldn't mind but the restaurant wasn't even at full capacity, and considering it was half term week the place was clearly understaffed and the service was appalling. All of the rides in pepper pig world had a maximum of 6 carriages per ride, meaning that in peak times the rides could accommodate so few people that the ques averaged an hour long - excruciating for the age range the park is aimed at. We waited over an hour for the helicopter ride in peppa pig world (total waste of time) because the staff weren't filling the ride properly - they were allowing it to go ahead with only two people in a four seater carriage - too lazy to ask down the que if there were any parties of two waiting. This was commented on by most of the people queuing, and would have easily halved the que time. One of the big rides and one of the main restaurants was closed - during a half term holiday?! We waited nearly 20 mins at an ice cream kiosk in a que of 6 people to get 2 ice creams, I have no idea how it could be possible to serve ice cream so slowly! The majority of the hand dryers in the toilets were broken.... I could go on and on!! The only part of the day my niece actually enjoyed was the play area, which we could have taken her to at the local park for free. This is a typical example of a company looking to rinse families of as much of their hard earned money as possible for a very poor return. We came back from a long, tedious day, incredibly dissappointed and over £100 worse off. Definitely won't be recommending Poultons Park to anyone in the future!

“Paultons Park Christmas Wonderland - Fantastic Visit!”

Written on: 04/09/2014 by jogood (1 review written)

We came here last year to the winter wonderland event and saw peppa pig world at christmas time. It was really fab, my kids got to meet peppa pig and george too. The christmas wonderland is a big walk in experience where you meet father christmas at the end. Presents were pretty good quality. Loved the giant christmas trees.

“Nice park shame about the prices and queues for everything”

Written on: 28/07/2014 by Mohammeds147 (1 review written)

This was out first visit to Paultons park, as my daughter wanted to visit peppa Pig world. The park is very clean, nicely laid out and the attractions are well thought out. However, it is very expensive. We paid £68 for a day ticket, as our daughter is slightly over 1m tall and she had to be classed as an adult. The park was very busy, and it would take on average 45 mins to queue for each ride. Considering they only last for around 5 mins that is very poor. Also there were large queues for everything else including food and the 4D cinema. At busy periods there just isn't enough time in the day to get good value for money out of the day ticket, due to having to wait for everything. Things like food and drink are also rip-off expensive. I don't think we will be visiting again, even though my daugher seemed to enjoy it.

Paultons's Comment

Written on: 26/12/2014

As a season ticket holder I agree Paultons is expensive but I would say Paultons is a lot cheaper than most Merlin owned theme parks and does provide value for money with over 60 rides and attractions that nearly all of the family can enjoy.

Every ride in PPW can be enjoyed by the family.

Paultons also has 14 Gardens, a lake, a working Victorian water mill and birds and animals too. Plus live entertainment in the summer months.

I would also add that for food and drink, guests can bring a picnic. I would add most theme parks charge the same and more for food.

Paultons's Comment

Written on: 26/12/2014

this review isn't by Paultons!! it is by a season ticket holder

Read 2 Comments

“Hight restrictions ripoff! ”

Written on: 27/07/2014 by AnnabelSchneider326 (1 review written)

I have a small 5 year old daughter, just over 1 metre in hight, there rules say I had to pay full price! Fair enough if she could go on all the rides but this is not the case, she wasn't aloud on 6 attractions! Because she is under hight it's not safe! This is outrageous a full price ticket should mean access to all the attractions without restriction, I tried to talk to park management but they just mugged me off with a load if jargon, didn't understand why I was angry, he just said "you had other options other than the hight restricted rides, the park has lots of things to do, our policy says you must pay full price if your over a metre" I do not feel that this 1 metre hight bar is fair,if you can't use all the rides,they need to reconstruct the whole hight bar to over 1.5 metres for full price, this would represent better value, or children that are over 1 metre but under 1.5 metres go half price, I'm no genius but my method is more fair and logical then there's, I feel they just want your money,

“A waste of £74”

Written on: 24/08/2013 by sarahpink (1 review written)

We decided to go to Paultons park for our nieces 5th birthday as she loves pepper pig, however she did not get to see most of it due to the queues being at least an hour long for each attraction. The park is very small the staff are not kiddie people they are bored people and the worst part is that all you breath and smell around the whole park is cigarette smoke and as this is a Childers theme park you would think parents could not smoke for a few hours, we left very frustrated with the whole thing and will NOT be going back.

“staff”

Written on: 05/06/2013

I took my granddaughter aged 6 to Paultons Park recently and found it very expensive, it cost £74 for myself my husband and a 6 year old to get in, the park is not very big with not that many rides and then some of them you had to pay extra to go on. They have peppa pig world there which is very small and overcrowded as that it what most people are going for. Everything is very expensive especially the refreshments. They also have mostly teenagers for staff, I know a few who have worked there and I am disgusted to hear from them that they are usually employed on a 1 months trial then just let go with no feedback or information as to where they may have made mistakes and then the next lot of recruits are employed on the same basis and they call themselves a family theme park its a joke. There is nothing to do for older children or adults it is solely a place for parents to spend a fortune amusing the little ones

“FANTASTIC !!!!”

Written on: 23/04/2013 by Emmamusgrove (1 review written)

We went for my daughters 3rd birthday, we booked a paultons weekend break, a little confusion re our Internet tickets but we soon sorted it and the staff were very helpful. I wasn't sure who had more fun.... Us or the children, great value for money, great facilities, great rides, we have a son of 5 and it was fantastic how many rides we could all go on together which if hard to do at other theme parks like Chessington / Alton towers. We had the best time and say Thank you very much to Paultons Park we will be back !!

“A great day out”

Written on: 21/08/2012 by weaselgilham (6 reviews written)

Had an excellent day here with my two daughters of 5 and 3. We spent our time in the Peppa Pig World area of the park and there was plenty to keep us occupied all day. The rides are good fun for small children and the queues were surprisingly small, especially given that it was a sunny day during the school holidays. Really good fun. The toilets are clean with toddler seats. The catering is fairly limited in choice but not the usual theme park rip off prices. It cost us £60 for a family of 3 ticket in advance on the internet (our youngest was free because she is under 1m tall). If your kids love Peppa Pig then this is a winner.

“Winter Wonderland Rip off”

Written on: 20/11/2011

We visited Paulton's Park yesterday. After queuing for the above from 1535 to 1625 we were then very disappointed with it all. We paid £14.50 for our daughter who is normally free and she was pretty tired and fed up by the time we got to Father Christmas. Many people left without seeing the attraction and as you can imagine there were many disgruntled parents and miserable children. WE have been to the park in the summer before and it has been great, but this was badly organised and a complete rip off. We had booked a slot at 1545 and we assumed we would be in pretty soon after that, how naive! We would not recommend this activity to others.

“Paultons Park Rip Off”

Written on: 26/09/2011

Living locally and stuck for something to do I arrived with my 3 year old son at 2pm last saturday. They are doing something to the car park and as a result we had to park in the furthest away point possible whith a good walk just to get to the ticket office. I asked for one adult ticket as I assumed a 3 year old would be free. The obnoxious woman told him to stand against a bar and becaus he was an inch over their 1 meter limit he would be charged at the full £22 pounds!?! I then said well as it's gone 2pm can she do something on the price as we only wanted to pop in and have a quick look around and go on a ride or two for small kids? No, if I wanted to hang around another half an hour until 2.30pm she might be able to do something. Great. What brilliant customer service. There was nobody else at the ticket office, the park was open for only another 3 hours and she charges the full wack releiving me of over £40. If it wasnt for my little boy and the massive walk from the car park I would have told her where to stick her attitude and tickets. The park is passable once in (I had been here before so knew roughly what to expect), although virtually every little side attraction costs more - £2 here, 50 pence there. We stayed the hour and a half as planned then left. I will not be going back and can think of far better things to spend nearly £50 on. As a local to the park, all I can do is apologise for such a poor and over priced attraction to all those that actually travel here from further away homes.

Rhombus's Comment

Written on: 22/12/2011

Shouldn't of assumed. Read the damn website. No ones fault but your own.

Sma01Rts's Comment

Written on: 01/02/2013

Here here. A 1* mark due to ignorance is shocking.

Sma01Rts's Comment

Written on: 01/02/2013

The policy on height is clearly advertised and if they offered discounted entry to every customer claiming to only be wanting a short 'look around' they'd go out of business, therefore denying thousands of happy kids. Well done to the staff member and her 'attitude' for sticking to her guns.

Read 3 Comments

“A Great Day Out!”

Written on: 27/05/2011

My four Children are between the ages of 6 - 11 and they love it. Great day for them and you are never in a long que for any of the rides. All the staff that work on the rides were helpful and friendly, Cobra, The Edge and the two water rides are great rides for my kids age groups. Been here every year for the last 8 years and will return for the ninth time somewhen next year. The only negative is that you pay extra for the go-carts, I believe after paying £121 for our family admission is enough and the cost of the go-carts should be in the entry price, as they are good fun.

“visited Paultons park with my family last year and it...”

Written on: 22/05/2011 by grumpybear (18 reviews written)

visited Paultons park with my family last year and it was fine but looking tired around the edges. This year, Peppa Pig World has arrived and WOW !! what a difference. PPW is new clean and just brilliant for the under 7s.
Considering this is included in the standard entry of 80 quid for a family of 4, it's brilliant. thought they would try to milk a few more quid out of the public but no !!! when you consider that under a metre tall kids are free, this is amazing.
Nicely laid out, good design, freshly planted and well run. Staff are interested and attentive to the young ones. Apart from the lady on the windy castle ride who was busy texting for the whole duration of the 9 minute ride without looking up once. not sure how that fits with health n safety !!
Be aware that the helicopter ride takes ages( 20 mins on the day) to load up as the cars only load individually and some dopey and selfish families hog two cars !!
Photos taken on the rides are £7, 10 for two. would be nise to have a facility to take away a digital copy raher than a old skool print but nice thought.
Sad to say but I fear the rest of the park looks it's ages compared to the new shiny PPW but it is a massive attraction.
Tip.. go on a teacher training day and not at a weekend !!

Food in Daddy pig big tummy cafe is coffee and cakes etc only and the hot food option is in the Wagoners cafe. that's not good value with hot dog, fries and small coke at £5.90.
Great day out for the young ones.Got before it gets trashed though.
Thoroughly recommended !!

“1st visit to Paulton Park and will definitely go back....”

Written on: 22/05/2011

1st visit to Paulton Park and will definitely go back. Alot cheaper than cost- an-arm-and-legofland and really suited to kids between 2 and 8 (and adults). Other than pepapig world which is busy the park feels really calm (even on a Saturday) and staff look like they want to be there.

“Went to Paultons Park for my sons 6 th birthday and we...”

Written on: 09/05/2011

Went to Paultons Park for my sons 6 th birthday and we had the most amazing day!!!!! Took my niece aged 10 and nephew aged 8 and they loved it too. The whole experience from parking at the beginning to leaving was brilliant! Bought tickets online so didn't have to queue.... The park is clean and packed with things to do. Pepper pig world was fantastic, there are animals to see, lovely parks and picnic spots, the longest we queued was 10 mins max, staff very friendly, we can't wait to go back. Highly recommend for families... It's a GREAT day out! My only wish was that we lived nearer to it.

“Have been season ticket holders of paultons park for...”

Written on: 01/05/2011 by Fishiepie (1 review written)

Have been season ticket holders of paultons park for the last 3 years. Always been happy with service and staff at the park kids have always loved it and we enjoy the rides and safe environment. However the introduction of peppa pig world has made the park punch above it's weight. They have increased the volume of staff but not the amount of catering equipment or staff training, I queued for 30 mins for a coffee, more frustrated that there were 5 staff in the kiosk but only 1 was able to make coffee, the rest stood and watched! The queues for everything rides, food, coffee and ice cream were huge. Staff don't seem particularly interested in queue busting either, didn't see anyone over the age of 20 in the park. Very disappointed, doubt we will be spending the £300 to renew our season tickets again.

“I think knowing my age i realli loved it at paultons...”

Written on: 24/11/2010

I think knowing my age i realli loved it at paultons park all the workers there are so nice. the guy that was working on the swing was realli hot, he was so gawjuz if your wanting to go on the pull then this is the place go ladies. a great range of age.
i think that they should do a themed night for halloween ect..

who was the hot guy working on the swing on june the 15th..

p.s megan i love you.. <3
the reson for a 5 oput of 5 was for the hot young guys....

Guest's Comment

Written on: 01/06/2011

Be interesting to know what your age is. 13 or 53?

Read 1 Comment

“We have just returned from Paultons park after only an...”

Written on: 15/10/2010

We have just returned from Paultons park after only an hour. Word of warning, do not visit this park out of season as only 50% of the rides are open at any one time, and none of the kiosks selling refreshments are open inside the park (including things like the golf kiosk to buy score cards) however you pay 100% of the price. After less than an hour struggling to find the correct staff for the rides for my 3yr old daughter we decided to leave in disgust. I was told by the company owner "stephen" that he has never issued a single refund in 26 years!!. A poor policy for a service that is supposed to be for families and a distinct lack of customer service (customer is always right?). Would not visit again on principle in any season even though my family are £37.00 out of pocket!

“This is the 4th time I have visited with people with...”

Written on: 07/07/2010 by Jane alison (1 review written)

This is the 4th time I have visited with people with learning difficulties. I am amazed that there are no concessions for this group of people, we like to visit in small groups of 2 or 4 due to this we all have to pay full price. I am told by the park this is because the people we support are able to get on all the rides but my point is that it is very expensive for them a they have to pay for their carers and they canot go without them. It is the only place I have visited in the uk that doesnt offer any kind of consession. The food is very expensive and every meal I have had there has been cold when meant to be hot. We wont bother visiting again

“Paultons Park is a really lovely family park. Lovely...”

Written on: 07/06/2010 by Goodmans (2 reviews written)

Paultons Park is a really lovely family park. Lovely grounds, lots of green space, well maintained, plently of places to picnic, good rides for smaller kids (although my 7 year old also loves The Edge and Cobra!), no longe queues, reasonably priced, pleasant staff. Would thoroughly recommend to a family with smaller children - we always have a great day there.

“Paulton's Park Review. ”

Written on: 31/05/2010 by tweetiepooh (1 review written)

Paulton's Park Review.

Although I've said all ages this really should say all bar teens.

We went on an "inset day" which is a term time day that my kid's school was closed while others where open. As a result the park was fairly empty and the only queuing needed was when a pair of rides were operated by one person and they had to finish and secure the other.
Rides were varied but not too hard on older parents like myself. The staff were mostly excellent and rides where in good condition. The grounds are excellent and offer a break from rides. Good walks and pleasant plantings. Good for brings the grandparents along.

Downside was the catering. Overpriced and nasty. No excuse for this. You can serve better food for that sort of price even in mass catering.

Overall a great place to visit.