Nokia 7600 Reviews

Design: Mobile
Digital Camera: 0.3 Megapixels Digital Camera
Display
Display Size: 128 x 160
Screen Type: 65K Colors (TFT)
Memory
Standby Time: 300 Hours
Other Features
Messaging Formats: SMSMMS
Data Formats: WAP 2.0XHTML
Phone Features: Automatic RedialCaller line identifierIntegrated speakerphonePredictive text inputVoice dialingVibrating Alert
Organizer Features: Calendar
Applications: CalculatorJAVA ApplicationsJAVA games
Multimedia Features: Composable ringtonesIntegrated Digital CameraMP3 playerMP3 ringtonesVideo CaptureVideo PlayerVoice recorder
Other
Height: 8.7 cm
Width: 3.07 in.
Depth: 1.85 cm
Weight: 1.97 kg

“The Nokia 7600 is an awesome phone..i have been using...”

written by djzooby on 05/04/2008

The Nokia 7600 is an awesome phone..i have been using it for 2 years and it is fulfilling all of my needs, it has bluetooth and infra so that i can transfer any thing i want... it has captured my memorial images and videos that i can never forget...this has been the greatest phone of my life and i will always keep it as a souvenir of my life....

“The Nokia 7600 mobile phone was extremely good for...”

written by fun4all on 06/01/2006

The Nokia 7600 mobile phone was extremely good for £44.99. It has lots of features for that price e.g. bluetooth. The camera is very good, and I can connect my phone to my PC and upload the pictures, and if I make them as big as the computer screen they are not fuzzy.

But, it is big like a brick. I also sometimes have trouble with the bluetooth, but I have been using it for 14 months, and it has been a very good phone for the very small price tag.

“I have been using the Nokia 7600 mobile phone for the...”

written by ChrisfromLondon on 04/12/2005

I have been using the Nokia 7600 mobile phone for the past 13-14 months on the 3 network.

I was rather pleased with the phone at first as it was my first phone with Bluetooth, and I could have MP3's on the memory (you can use them for ringtones too - quite a novelty back then). I was also impressed with the video recording feature, although it must be said that the camera is of rather poor quality (my old Sagem myX-6 beats it hands down).

The awkward shape (I call the phone my "shell" ;-) never fails to draw attention from people ("is that a phone?" lol). It also makes it near impossible to text quickly. The phone started to develop a problem with one of the keys ("6" if u're interested) with the age.

Bluetooth seems to be working well on this phone.

The phone comes with a nice pouch, Nokia PC suite, a data cable and hands-free kit/earphones as standard.

I think that's it. I'm moving on to the Samsung D600 now... (and then on to Orange - see other reviews).

“For just £49.99 on Pay-as-you-go the Nokia 7600 mobile...”

written by 02tsambr on 03/12/2005

For just £49.99 on Pay-as-you-go the Nokia 7600 mobile phone has everything. Bluetooth, video camera, good quality photos and colour screen, internet browser, excellent games, and even an e-mail system. I would definitely buy this phone again and again, because for a small budget phone it has everything!

“This phone is the excellent gadget for everyone...”

written by Sheppo1234 on 30/07/2005

This phone is the excellent gadget for everyone because it has the ability to do most things (play music, take videos, take pictures, live streaming, send and receive data free, and many more features) The screen and camera are not the best quality but they are OK.

“I love my Nokia 7600. I had mine factory unlocked so I...”

written by Casey84 on 11/01/2005

I love my Nokia 7600. I had mine factory unlocked so I use it with my O2 genie 300 free text sim card. The shape is fantastic, people are fascinated by this unique phone! The camera is good quality and it also has a night mode on it to take photos at night time. The video is also very good, and you can store loads of mms, videos and tunes etc. The loudspeaker is a good option also if you are unable to hold you phone at the time, and the hands free kit that is included is the best I have ever had. It is so clear! I bought my phone on eBay brand new sim free for £90 so I believe I got a bargain knowing that on the highstreet they cost around £300 sim free. As you can tell I am very happy with this phone and will have it for a long time!

Bg5067's Response to Casey84's Review

Written on: 09/02/2005

£90, they're £50 in the shops.

Goughie's Response to Casey84's Review

Written on: 26/12/2005

ye i have others but i got this cheap and i don't know why i can't get a signal.

Written on: 23/12/2005

No it has never happened to me actually, that is really unusual. I'm actually bored of this phone now.

Goughie's Response to Casey84's Review

Written on: 22/12/2005

on o2 you never get signal has that happened to anyone else?

Written on: 16/02/2005

Yes but they unlock it via a code which is the incorrect way to do it, therefore resulting in dropped calls. And you could have saved £20 and done that yourself!! Anyone can do it. The correct way is to have the phone factory unlocked, more settings become available and it does not continually look for the 3g network which piggybacks onto O2! 3g are selling the phones that cheap as no one wants to buy them for that particular reason!!

Bg5067's Response to Casey84's Review

Written on: 14/02/2005

I could do my reserch which I already did like buying the phone on 3g which is around the £50 mark and having it unlocked which is about no more then £20 which will save you around £250 loads of shops unlock 3g phones nowadays.

Written on: 11/02/2005

No they are not, they are only that cheap on 3g which is a complete waste of time! On pay as you go and sim free they are over £300 http://www.mphone.co.uk/acatalog/7600_sim_free.html If you actually do your research you will find that here they are £364.25 sim free.

“The Nokia 7600 has the worst photos, I would say the...”

☆☆☆☆☆

written by al9 on 27/12/2004

The Nokia 7600 has the worst photos, I would say the worst photo of all. People call it a brick the only thing that good is the network 02. 02 is cheap and has the best phone out these days, by far the best is the Nokia 6230 they are brilliant.

“The Nokia 7600 great little phone, if you want to be...”

written by jimbo2004 on 31/10/2004

The Nokia 7600 great little phone, if you want to be noticed the 7600 always gets comments. People see it and as soon as they do fancy one for themselves. Decent little MP3 players (not much room for many songs though). The external speaker is a bit ropey for music but plug the supplied headphones in and the sound is iPod quality. You can play MP3 files as ringtones and alarm tones, you get all the usual Nokia useability. In summary, this is my fourth phone in four months for one reason or another. I'd have to rate them:-
Nokia 8310 >> 8/10
Sony Ericsson T630 >> 8/10
Sony Ericsson P800 >> 6/10
Nokia 7600 >> 9/10

Molkodragon's Response to jimbo2004's Review

Written on: 15/12/2005

I have this phone, I lost my Nokia 6230 which I was gutted about as I stupidly didn't insure it, so a friend gave me this. I've had nothing but negative comments from others about it, someone said it looked like an inhaler whilst another said it looked like a Lemon, and most people just generally dislike it. I find it very difficult to text on it, and unless you hold the mouthpiece directly in line with your mouth, the person on the other end of the phone can't hear you. I can't wait to have my Dad's 6230 when he gets an upgrade!

“In the last four months I have had 5 of these phones...”

written by Sipnogard on 01/10/2004

In the last four months I have had 5 of these phones and the best battery life I have had to date is 2 days standby. The current phone I have is giving me less than 24 hours standby and under 2 hours talk time. I am now waiting for yet another replacement. Signal strength is not an indication of whether you can use it or not when on 3G as calls will drop even when the unit is showing full signal.
I have had several Nokia phones before and always been pleased with them until now. Sorry Nokia, it may look good but if it doesn't work it's no use to me!!!!!!!!!

“I bought this phone to replace an NEC 313 that was...”

written by mweb6161 on 23/09/2004

I bought this phone to replace an NEC 313 that was very poor. If you can get over the unusual shape this is the best phone on the market at any price!. Out of the box it comes with everything you need, operating on the 3G network download speeds have to be seen to be believed. Reception is much better than expected on the 3 network, The build quality (made in Finland) makes most other devices feel like cheap plastic toys. This phones breadth of abilities is awesome. Go on buy one I promise you will not be dissapointed. However the unusual keypad means that habitual texters should give it a miss.

“Nokia 7600 - I bought this phone recently at...”

written by ishmael on 05/09/2004

Nokia 7600 - I bought this phone recently at DialAPhone on O2. I have to say it's the best phone I've ever had.
DESIGN
This is a perfect example of a phone that looks much better when you see it properly. The size of the phone is not really comparable to other phones as it's a totally different shape, but I would say it's relatively compact.
FEATURES
The video camera runs very smoothly but isn't as clear as some phones. The camera is average to good. The quality of the MP3 is very good. However, one disadvantage to this phone is the disappointing memory and you can only fit about 6-10 songs on it. The ringtones aren't as loud as they could be. These are all quite small problems though, so don't be put off.
VERDICT
My verdict is that this is a stylish, feature-packed phone that I would recommend to anyone even if it is a bit short on memory and battery life.

Ishmael1991's Response to ishmael's Review

Written on: 31/10/2007

I agree with this review and found it helpful.

“The Nokia 7600 phone itself is excellent just took a...”

written by fikasfook on 31/08/2004

The Nokia 7600 phone itself is excellent just took a few days to get used to it.

I had a few problems with battery life then I ran it into the ground 3-4 times then charged overnight and now it lasts 4+days.

The reception is good with other networks, but was garbage on 3g got it unlocked and it's fine now.

The MP3 isn't upto much but it's a phone not a iPod. Compress your MP3 tracks to 80kbps from 160kbps which brings music from CD quality to minidisc quality and you will get more on it. I got 12 tracks on mine which ain't bad for a phone.

Overall a good phone if you like the look of it.

Johnbrady2004's Response to fikasfook's Review

Written on: 19/11/2004

Mate, you can get facias from eBay.

“Generally the Nokia 7600 is a good phone for people...”

written by Adrian Mak on 28/07/2004

Generally the Nokia 7600 is a good phone for people who wish to have a phone that is stylish and different from other people. It's quite weird when you are typing messages or dialling a phone call at the start, becasue the keys are ordered in a different way than other normal cellphones, but you soon get used to it, the only thing that I find difficult will be to text message, you have to use two hands to be fast and comfortable. Camera function is excellent with the combination of the bright brilliant display of the screen.

“Over all I think the Nokia 7600 phone is great for the...”

written by scrabolchci on 10/06/2004

Over all I think the Nokia 7600 phone is great for the the man who likes to be unusual, the buisness man and for someone who likes to have fun.

Bam's Response to 158390_scrabolchci's Review

Written on: 25/07/2004

If you have the phone and you like it, don't care what other people say about it coz you've very probably got a better phone than them!

“The Nokia 7600 mobile phone is excellent value for...”

written by dhodgkin on 30/05/2004

The Nokia 7600 mobile phone is excellent value for money. £150 (don't know how much that is to you Yanks) for a camera, video camers and music player. Strange design but you will get used to it after a couple of months. Slightly annoying having to be on 3 because of the strange ways to top up.
Generally excellent.

“I find this Nokia 7600 mobile phone very sleek and...”

written by moo moo on 18/05/2004

I find this Nokia 7600 mobile phone very sleek and fashionable with great features inside it especially the video camera.
i however could not get this phone connected to my pc but i think this has got to do with 3G rather than the phone.

“If you need more reasons to pursuad you the Nokia 7600...”

written by greyfaerie on 07/05/2004

If you need more reasons to pursuad you the Nokia 7600 mobile phone has built in speakers, downloadable games, facias and gprs. I just adore this mobile phone and im not dissapointed at all!

160954_Natasha Kane's Response to 154738_greyfaerie's Review

Written on: 03/07/2004

Hi there I just wanted to say for all you 7600 fans who don't want the "3" network, If you buy this phone handset only you can use what ever sim card you want on it! Have fun
<br> <br> Tasha!!
<br>
<br>P.S GREAT REVIEW!

“I've had the nokia 7600 for a month or so now, and...”

written by tanyangyi on 26/04/2004

I've had the nokia 7600 for a month or so now, and it's a really great phone. it's the only mobile phone i know that has all features rolled into one cute little package.

PROS

this phone has every major feature you would ever use... camera, voice recorder, loudspeaker, bluetooth, infrared, cable/pc connection, mp3 compatibility, gprs (xhtml), a rich display, mp3 ringtones, video camera...

the camera itself is a piece of art, and although there's no zoom feature, once you upload it onto your computer or zoom into it on your phone (once taken,) you'll see that it has incredibly high detail for a mobile phone.

what i like the most about this phone is that nokia finally wisened up and decided to start include accessories inside the box! ok, that's a great start... inside you'll find a stylish headset, a usb connectivity cable, and a carry case. thankyou, nokia. thankyou very much! now i don't need to go around the city hunting for cables which cost 100+ dollars and dont even work! by the way, the connectivity function is incredibly easy to use...

the battery life is what i loved the most about this phone. for something with features of this magnitude, i managed 7 days in one charge. initially, i was only able to do one to two days, but i found out that it was only because 3 network preset the GPRS function to 'always online' rather than 'when needed.'

side note: the 7600's software is VERY STABLE.

CONS

probably the most radical aspect of this phone is the design, which you either love or hate. along with the design comes the modified placement of the keys, which takes a little getting used to, but once that hurdle's been passed, you can use the phone much more efficiently than with those which have standardized keypads.

the width of the phone can be a little irritating with people with small hands, and just like the keypad, it takes a little time to get used to. although it is thin, the width makes it hard to hold at times, which means that the phone must be used with care.

another thing to note that this phone's wap class is different to most others, meaning that you may not be able to view some wap sites you were able to before. this is most likely due to the xhtml browsing component of the phone.

the video camera only lasts for 9 seconds, and is rather poor in quality. it's also recorded in nokia's own video format, which might not be able to be played in windows media player (haven't tested)

SO WRAPPING UP...

i highly reccommend this phone: if i didn't, i wouldn't have bothered to write this review. the cons are really just small unimportant parts which take a little getting used to.

have fun,
Bryan

Fikasfook's Response to tanyangyi's Review

Written on: 31/08/2004

I disagree with it havin short video space, most video phones allow 15/20 seconds at a time, the 7600 gives you around 230secs that's around 3 1/2mins i've got about 15mins of footage on my phone so where's the problem?

Supastarlaydee's Response to tanyangyi's Review

Written on: 29/11/2005

You have to change the settings for the video. If you do you can record 15 minutes worth of video all together! So you could have one 15 minute video if you wanted!

“I bought this Nokia 7600 mobile phone with the...”

written by iamollie on 22/04/2004

I bought this Nokia 7600 mobile phone with the expectation of putting music on it and medium videos (20 mins) through using expanded memory. I was very dissapointed, no expandable memory. The moral of the story if you want an mp3 phone look elsewhere. The camera in comparison to other phones is amazing but its no real replacement for a proper digital camera. Make sure you research this phone well before launching into buying. The best place to look for technical information is the nokia website so check it out.

“I got the Nokia 7600 mobile phone on Vodafone &...”

written by on 11/04/2004

I got the Nokia 7600 mobile phone on Vodafone & Everything works great, had immediate access to internet and all of the phones features, Great Music player with brilliant sounding Headset, Brill quality camera & Screen make imaging easy and of good quality, couldn't ask for anything more.....