Swinton Motorcycle Insurance Reviews - www.swintonbikes.co.uk

• Customer service

Media Gallery for Swinton Motorcycle Insurance www.swintonbikes.co.uk

Swinton Motorcycle Insurance www.swintonbikes.co.uk

“Do not even consider using these for insurance,...”

written by MadisynMcDonald292 on 05/11/2022

Do not even consider using these for insurance, nothing but expense, stress, lies, and deceptive strategies to make your life a misery. WHATEVER YOU DO DONT USE SWINTON SWINDLE MORE LIKE..

“Cancelled insurance but still taking my cash”

written by on 02/05/2016

I insured my bike on the chassis number as waiting for DVLA to issue a new number. Swinton Kingston took the details and cash via direct debit. DVLA being the slow moving peopel they are, issued the new registration number 2 months later. I telephone Swinton to inform them of the new registration number only to discover that they had cancelled my insurance without notification. Correction, they called and asked what the delay was and I said it was down to DVLA not me, and they said, "no problem". Thankfully I have now discovered they are crappe before making a claim and discovering I was totally uncovered. STAY AWAY FROM SWINTON

“Rip-off merchants - avoid”

written by Ollathir on 27/06/2015

Others have had the same issue - I was charged a hefty cancellation fee. i sold my bike and obviously didn't need the policy so I phoned to cancel it. What a freakin' rip-off, had to pay a fee to cancel. EVERY other insurance company I have dealt with has always refunded for any time still left on the policy. To be honest I thought customer services were going to tell me how much I would get back - not how much I would have to pay them. Bunch of rip-off merchants. AVOID!

“Warning”

written by ChayaWyatt on 23/05/2015

Was told my partner motorbike insurance was invalid because he did not have a second immobiliser on his bike he was not asked if he had one we did not think anything about it because the bike was factory condition and not been modified

“Disgusting attitude”

written by paula92xo on 04/04/2015

How dare you hang up on my Dad! appalling if you ask me! When he tells you he is retired, the quotation he expected was for it to be cheaper than what you was offering! He hasn't had a motorcycle accident in his life, he's been riding for over 40 years and you have a cheek to hang the phone up on him when he kindly asks you if you could possibly reduce the renewal price! Well sod you Swinton, he has gone somewhere else whose attitude is not as disgusting as yours has been. Sort it out!!

“Avoid by all means”

written by britishconsumer on 09/02/2015

I had my scooter insured with them. I bought a new scooter, so I rang them up hoping to transfer my insurance over to my new scooter. A process which I allocated 30 minutes durng my work break turned out to become a three hour debacle. In brief, the service I had was abrupt, unhelpful and terse to the point of rudeness. I was asked for the date of registration for my new bike. I told the female insurance officer that its a new bike which Im picking up tomorrow so if tomorrow isnt the correct date then obviously I dont know what she means/meant She kept repeating the same question. Finally she said her system gave her a date of March 2014 so would she have my permission to use that date. I have no idea what system she is referring to and where this March date came from so I asked for clarification but she kept repeating the same statement parrot fashion insisting that I allow her to use that date. I asked to speak to someone else, her supervisor and finally complaints, but she blocked every avenue, saying they are all busy and I can only speak to her. Finally we agreed someone will call me back. No one did. I called back later requesting to cancel my policy as by then I have started searching for alternatives. The male officer sounded quite keen to point out that their cancellation fee is £50 and I would end up paying them to cancel even after my refund. Nonetheless I decided to proceed with the cancellation just to rid myself of this draconian outfit. Ive gone back to a small insurance company that deals only with motorbikes at a policy premium better then this company. Ive given both my mobile and landline telephone numbers for a Manager to call me regarding my complaint, but I'm not holding my breath for this call back nor any good will come from my complaint. I find writing reviews in indedpendent sites like this one is more productive for fellow consumers.

“INSURE ELSEWHERE”

written by Halsey95 on 23/01/2015

Purchased scooter insurance last May (2014) sold scooter January 2015, paying by direct debit. Rang to cancel policy which was just over £60 for the year, and told I needed to pay £50 cancellation fee!!!!!!!!!. I said it was a rip off and I would be cancelling my other policies with them, (although that would have cost me another £100 in cancellation fees, not a good move really) to the credit of the man I dealt  with he reduced the fee to £25 in view of my other policies. I will not be renewing my car or household policy with them at renewal. DO NOT USE SWINTONS FOR ANY POLICY AS THESE CHARGES APPLY TO ALL POLICIES>

Ollathir's Comment

Written on: 27/06/2015

I had a similar issue. Had to pay extra to cancel my motorbike policy. Every other insurer has actually refunded any unused premium; this is the first time I have ever had to pay extra to cancel a policy early. Swinton is a rip-off.

Read 1 Comment

“Rip off Cancellation Fee”

written by 120Neville on 17/12/2014

I took out a Motorcycle policy with them for £77.00. When I sold the bike after nine months, I phoned up to cancel it and was told I needed to pay them a £50.00 Cancellation fee. I think £50.00 is a bit steep to press a button to "CANCEL" a policy. After all, they`re making money, as I don`t have the bike anymore!

Ollathir's Comment

Written on: 27/06/2015

Me too. Sold my bike, didn't need the policy but had to pay a cancellation fee. Every other insurer had actually refunded any difference. Swinton is a rip-off merchant - avoid!

Read 1 Comment

“The worst I have ever encountered”

written by cdCarney6 on 14/10/2014

Missed a deadline for returning a form. Got a fine. No reminder to send it in, just a polite letter telling me I was being charged £24 for lateness. Disgusted, will never consider using again. Doesn't look like I'm the only one either. Avoid this company, go with someone more reputable.

Rickryder's Comment

Written on: 18/03/2016

yep swintons have been running this for a few years now, where is the fsa when us the little people need them.....?

Read 1 Comment

“what a bunch of ? do not use them go to mcn for a good...”

written by jalfablack on 19/03/2014

what a mistake to use these robbing poo bags sad excuse for a company they will do thee utmost to screw you and a rubbish customer services worst thing i did was go to this company. stay with a proper bike insurance

“WHATEVER YOU DO, DO NOT USE SWINTON BIKE INSURANCE!”

written by on 31/12/2013

I can't even begin to tell you the frustration with this company! they are totally unhelpful and totally ripping you off. Yes, it all sounds good to begin with, their cheap insurance but that comes with something! i had my bike stolen, it took 3 months to get some money back, totally valued at zero. i also had a helmet and leather insurance that I was told was covered for my maion issue, THEFT! they said yes of course. So I paid this policy in full, only to discover when my scooter was stolen and everything was in there, that I was not covered at all. THEY REFUSED TO PAY ME BACK ANY MONEY. on top of that I need to cancel my policy as I have no bike anymore, they only did not take my dircet debit monthly, they have now charged me a £50 cancellation policy they claim they can't waive even though I been lied and trciked to. I now have to pay for the rest of the year, double price!!! This company is a joke, they take you soul, your money and your sanity. Unless you want to slowly go mad and lose all faith in people, this is the company to go for!

“cancellation”

written by cheryl27759 on 18/12/2013

at the end of paying 12 months Direct Debit for a motorbike which had been stolen, Swintons did try to contact me but it wasn't convenient to speak at work. they, then went ahead and renewed my policy. When I rang to say I didnt want it and that the bike had been stolen (only paid £650 for the bike and the excess was£650!!), they told me I had to pay the policy in full as I hadn't rang and cancelled it with them. As far as I was concerned the policy had ran its course, I had paid 12 months direct debit and they had taken out a new policy in my name. I am in dispute with them and they are taking me to a Debt Recovery Agent and adding fees on. Do NOT go anywhere near this company !!!

“Couldn't possibly write what I'm thinking here!!!!!!!!!”

written by Chriscbf on 28/09/2013

Bought insurance with Swinton's when they quoted me roughly half what my renewal quote was. So I expected a slight increase at next renewal....not a chance, it doubled! (£84 up to £168) Hounded me day & night to try get me to buy from them. Surely they can see people won't buy at these rates....Bennets operate a similar system so be careful, they suck you in with a huge 'first year discount' then try to recoup it second year.

“Swinton Motorcycle Insurance review”

written by on 23/08/2013

So read the small print as there is lots of catches in ur conract cancellation fee is 60 pounds my insurance for a year 120 lol rip of thats the name for it avoid by any means.

“Be Aware of the Small Print!”

written by richardb167 on 11/08/2013

Renewed my bike insurance in June this year with Swinton. I have 10 years NCD and ride an old CBR600, so my premium was just £92. All well and good. This month I decided to buy a 2nd bike so rang Swinton to check on the procedure. I was told I'd have to cancel my current policy and take out a multi-bike instead. This means I would lose around half of my £92 premium. OK, a bit steep I thought, but needs must. Swinton then quoted me £400 for the multi-bike option! I shopped around and found a multi-bike deal for £150 less, so rang Swinton to cancel the policy. Because I was not taking out another policy with them I was told I would now lose all the £92 premium paid, PLUS I'd have to pay them a FURTHER £7. The rub of it turns out to be a £50 cancellation fee lurking there in the small print. If anyone cancels a policy mid-term, regardless of the reason, there is an automatic £50 charge applied. In my case this meant a negative figure resulted. I think to lose all the money paid for less than 2 months cover into a 12 month policy is unreasonable. So do be aware of this when considering Swinton.

“bloody cheek”

written by stonesour on 19/07/2013

everytime ive dealt with them its been a nightmare they just charged me £24 because my bank didnt pay the standing order yet theyve been overcharging me for a canx policy they owe me in excess of £300 pounds how much shall i charge them for that

“Unhelpful, unfriendly, rubbish”

written by ICHRIST1AN on 19/07/2013

I took insurance out with swinton bikes for my 50cc scooter in September/12, it was £240per year i set up a direct debit to pay £32pounds per month. (Witch was fine) in February/13 I lost my job so no longer needed the bike or could afford to pay evey month. I contacted swinton and informed them about my life changes, they said it would be £50 to cancel and there would be a £20 pounds handling fee, I explained I was skint so they suggested another direct debit to be set up taking £10per month, I agreed and it was set up. In may/13 I couldn't afford to pay so I canceled the direct debit, then about 3 days later I received a letter from swinton saying I owed £30 pounds plus an additional £25 because I had broke the terms of the policy, I rang swinton and explained the letter, and spoke to a female she then tried to tell me it wasn't just a £25 charge there was also another £25 pounds on top. And if I couldn't pay it there would be an another £25 and it would be passed on to swinton finance team. I asked to speak to the manager he wouldn't put me directly thru he kept putting me on hold and apparently speaking to the manager for me. There was nothing I could do so I left it for 2 day's when I contacted swinton I was put thru to swinton finance team to a man called lewis when I was told the total balance ony account was 96 pounds with charges when I asked to speak to the manager he would again put me on hold and apparently speak to them for me they threatened the bailiffs on me after I had proven to them I had no letters about any of these extra charges they said I would have to pay the £55 the letter stated. I felt helpless so agreed to pay £25on that day then the same direct debit to be set back up for £10 per month what I'm still paying

“Rip off insurance ”

written by Swinton.insurance.ripp.off on 22/05/2013

They will take money out your bank for a bike u don't. Have and charge you £50 to cancel it this is a joke !!!!!!!!! Don't use them. Customer service is rubbish there's ain't none

Donotdobusiness's Response to Swinton.insurance.ripp.off's Review

Written on: 02/09/2013

very true as I have just found out wanted to change insurance to higher cc bike as buying new bike. informed of over £50 charges for cancellation then they expect you to pay for a new policy and still do business with them. Better to simply hold on to existing bike until normal renewal and start again with another company, but while doing this tell every motorcycle owner of how this company operates.

Read 1 Comment

“avoid at all costs!!! rip off ”

written by richy476 on 22/04/2013

Got insurance through swinton because they were the cheapest by quite a large amount. Long story short. Bike stolen from outside work. In a secure compound with electric fence and cctv everywhere. After being passed to BLD the underwriter axa wouldn't accept their assessment so bike moved to a compant called 4th dimemsion who also class it as an uneconomical repair. Axa now wont pay out because the steering lock wasnt on. Secure compounds and cctv are not enough aparently. But to rub salt into the wound they expect me to pay 2 lots of transport costs for my bike the BLD transport costs of 180 and 4d charges of 150. why am I paying because insurance companies cant decide who they want to do the assesment. So dd cancelled (they want 180to cancel the policy) they can chase me for it. Every time I try to get some answers they transfer me to a different department (company) stay away from AXA SWINTON BLD AND 4TH DIMENTION. I will. All future bikes are going to be complete wreckers with third party only insurance. Cant be arsed with the hassle. Would give no stars if I could.

“I renewed my scooter insurance with Swinton's as they...”

written by Joff on 06/04/2013

I renewed my scooter insurance with Swinton's as they were the cheapest on 'Go Compare' - that was a big mistake! Having had the year's policy (paid in full) for only two months. I sold my scooter and had no intention to purchase another. Thinking like every other policy I have had, I will at least get some cash back for up to 10 months of unused policy. It would only be about 30 quid but that is better than nothing. To my shock, the representative asked me for another £21 to which my initial reply was simply laughter! It was then explained to me that KMG, the insurer charges a £50 cancellation fee. So I instructed the lady to reinstate my policy - her reply 'too late, it's a;ready cancelled'. I argued this point and then I got the story that it would be cancelled automatically when the new owner insured the bike so whatever I did, I would still be liable. I was assured that the next time I buy a bike and insure through Swinton's I would get a £50 discount. Foolishly maybe, I've paid the £21 but I will NEVER use Swinton's and I would strongly advise others to do the same. I have since seen from other reviewers that Swinton's are trying this tactic with all. I have NEVER had this with a couple of other policies I cancelled in the past. The cheapest is not often the best!