Lacanche Cluny Reviews

• Durability

• Style

• Service & Support

Summary

Double Oven
Bake
Broil
Fuel Type: Gas
5 Cooking Elements (burner)
Capacity: 1.94 Cu. Ft.
Lacanche Cluny - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Lacanche Cluny

Lacanche Cluny

“Appalling service, and expencive”

Written on: 19/08/2022 by WalkerDay (1 review written)

Hi, I contacted La Canche several weeks ago to make an appointment to repair my Cluny which l have had for 10 years now. I last had it serviced about 7 years ago, as we don't live in UK permanently it doesn't get a lot of use. We decided to get it serviced and we're told we would have to wait aprox 3 weeks and the cost of a service was rediculous. We were recomended by a friend who also has a La Canche a company that specialises in La Canche we contacted them and they were fantastic fully serviced and ready to go. Had a run through of how the cooker works and very helpfull tips. All at a very reasnoble price. Thanks... Scotts Range Cookers.

“Thrilled with my new Lacanche Cluny classic ”

Written on: 17/01/2022 by JanWilkes (1 review written)

I purchased the Cherry Red Lacanche Cluny Classic in time for Christmas! I was delighted with my purchase from day one. The dealership who sold it to me were amazing. Lacanche who kept me informed of progress, delivery etc were amazing. The delivery people were excellent and took extreme care to ensure no damage to the cooker or my property. The installers who were brilliant too. Everyone has a "can do" attitude, which I love. I'm using the range every day and I'm thoroughly enjoying cooking with it and the results which are first class. I can't recommend the company and the product enough.

“Excellent Service on my Lacanche Cluny”

Written on: 14/01/2022 by SueTownson (1 review written)

I have owned my Lacanche Cluny for around 20 years. Towards the end of 2021, I wanted it serviced as I noticed what looked like a loose part in the gas oven which we don't use very often and I was also a little concerned about the seal on the electric oven - though I use that oven every day and have not had any problems. I called to make an appointment and spoke to a real person without waiting a long time. My appointment wait time was around 3 weeks - including the Christmas period. The engineer arrived promptly for the appointment on the promised day. He was friendly, knowledgeable and competent. He explained what the problems were with the device after checking it thoroughly. He was able to complete the necessary repairs and I received a written report detailing the work. He was both personable and professional and addressed all my concerns. He did a really thorough and excellent job - I was very pleased and happy with his work and attitude - couldn't have been better! Plus my Cluny is now ready for another 20 years and looks as good as the day I bought it.

“Poor presales and after sales”

Written on: 08/11/2021 by Johnbarley (1 review written)

Just paid large amount of money for Laclanche Macon. Delivery good and connected by qualified electrician. Tried to level cooker according to instructions and metal fractured. They want £25 for replacement part and £140 to fit. Not covered by guarantee because not properly installed. They do not have installers so how do you properly install. Shameful when pain £8500 for cooker splashback and hood

Xukryg-Qikgyw-8Nytba's Response to Johnbarley's Review

Written on: 14/11/2021

Finally fitted extractor fan. Charcoal filters not mentioned in fitting guide ! They will talk me through how and where to fit them. Level of service for this price awful. Had an aga in previous house they surveyed it and then attended to all fitting plus service and cookery demonstration. So much better service

Read 1 Comment

“Excellent after sales service from Lacanche”

Written on: 03/11/2021

I’d like to take the opportunity to pay tribute to the service engineer to say what a fantastic ambassador he is for the company. The superb service he provided was outstanding and impressive. Not only was he courteous and friendly but did so in a very professional manner and is without doubt the best engineer that has attended to our cooker. He demonstrated he’s very knowledgeable and able to explain things easily and simply and conduct a conversation without losing focus on the job. He quickly diagnosed and thoroughly proved his theory for the fault through an elimination process. The most obvious was the heating elements but they were in very good order as he took the time to explain the meter readings. Thereafter the most likely component was the thermostat and again he took the trouble to provide pertinent information and tested the new part to ensure it resolved the issue. It’s a pleasure to have witnessed someone that wanted to do what I call a proper job.

“Excellent company and service”

Written on: 11/10/2021 by ClareScherer (1 review written)

From start to finish dealing with Lacanche was a fantastic experience. The support from all concerned, from the retailer stockist who was thorough in outlining what was available through to delivery more than met our expectations. We were given all the right information and support, the timelines were clear and adhered to and the installation went like a dream. Would highly recommend both the Cluny and the company.

“Lacanche Cluny”

Written on: 11/10/2021

Just had the door hinges replaced on my 20 year old Cluny, which I wouldn't change for anything! The service was fantastic, great communication, efficient and professional.

“Beautiful Lacanche Cluny, great customer service ”

Written on: 14/04/2021 by ArnavMontgomery (1 review written)

I've had my Cluny for over 20 years now, it was always my dream cooker and I am absolutely in love with it! It looks beautiful in my kitchen and although I have moved house and changed my kitchen over the years, it still fits in perfectly. The customer service at FdeF has been fantastic, the staff are always friendly and happy to help. Should I need to replace this cooker at some point, I wouldn't hesitate to purchase another Lacanche.

“3 Year Old Cluny ”

Written on: 06/04/2021 by Kamariy316 (1 review written)

We have had a number of different ranges over the years. By far the best we have owned is our Lacanche Cluny. Now three years old it’s been brilliant. Dual fuel with 5 burners and two ovens. The burners are strong and did take a little get use to. Both ovens are a good size and work really well. Love the enamelled finish.

“My First Lacanche Cluny”

Written on: 29/01/2021 by DamianPollock (1 review written)

This was a big purchased for us.So there was great deal of expectation when the range was finally delivered. I am now one year in to ownership and without doubt , this is the best thing we have ever brought. We have the classic five burner hob with twin fan ovens. The burners are really good and I find that my cooking times have reduced for some dishes. The hob is easy to clean and I really love the solid pan stands. Both fan ovens cook very well and are quick to heat up. They only think I don’t like are the brass burners which need cleaning from time to time with brass cleaner. Our Cluny is finished in slate grey enamel with chrome trim. After one year it still looks great.

“20 years of being a Lacanche owner”

Written on: 28/01/2021 by Flynntg427 (1 review written)

I bought my first Lacanche in the 1990's and when I moved I bought a bigger Lacanche. Over the years both my Lacanche cookers have been solid and reliable with only a couple of service calls in 20 plus years. Not only is it reliable but it looked great in my previous kitchen and looks even better in my new kitchen. I would highly recommend.

“Wonderful Lacanche Cluny”

Written on: 27/01/2021 by MyCluny (1 review written)

A real joy to use and own. I love to cook and I had to talk my wife into this purchase. But for the last four years it has been great. For a family of seven, it really gets used hard. We purchased the griddle plate from Fourneaux de France, the service was quick and friendly. I would recommend Lacanche to family and friends. Vive la Cluny!!

“I've had mine 10 year's and would not recommend”

Written on: 07/12/2020 by peDay1971 (1 review written)

I had a La,canche he built for me read reviews looked at several other makes and thought this was a great range, but over the years a many door hinges and runners thermostat's door seals,burnt fingers from hot knobs .and poor service from I feel that I must write a review. It's a shame as with a little thought and and a attention to detail it would be a great cooker. Electric oven cooks uneven ,the gas oven cooks faster on the Left side the general build is cheep My partners range master is better and a 6th of the price and better to use . Wish I had brought a cheap cooker and could have thrown it away after 6 years and brought a New one and still been better of . Over priced over rated and not an easy oven to use , Even agent's go quiet when I tell them the problems as thay have heard it many times before. I should have realized why there's many second hand ines for sale.

Vyates's Comment

Written on: 10/02/2021

I agree totally and would never recommend this oven. We got ours in 2011. It cooks totally uneven and more importantly its dangerous as the knobs get so hot you cannot even touch them. No service at all. In fact they acknowledge these issues but say they have addressed them in new models but offer no solutions for those who have older models. Be aware of service.

“Cracking Lacanche Cluny”

Written on: 04/05/2019 by ixCastillo163 (1 review written)

We have had our Cluny for five years and we have been really pleased with it. Cracking five burner gas top, really great performance. The ovens are gas and electric fan. The gas oven did take some getting use to. But once you have the hang of the performance, it’s really good. The electric fan oven is good all round oven and gives a good even bake.

“Would I buy again?”

Written on: 31/12/2018 by Brylee57 (1 review written)

Having spent the best part of 5 times the amount we would spent on a replacement for ourRangemaster I can honestly this product and its support is shocking. This is not a professional cooking range, it is not superior in any facet compared to a “real” professional range. It is a matter of style over substance. It constantly burns the bases of ANYTHING you attempt to cook within the gas oven, if You turn the temperature below the recommended level it takes an eternity to cook anything, try to cook cakes or anything remotely delicate and disaster ensues. The electric oven is marginally better but isn’t as effective as far less expensive manufacturers. As far as service is concerned it is truly dismal, in fact the engineer is proving to be quite rude to my wife (we have ongoing issues, even after 18 months, they delivered the thing with chips Out of the enamel! With the distributor informing us the delay on delivery was as a result of them undertaking checks prior to delivery. Would I ever by the product again? Never in a million years.

Matilda104's Comment

Written on: 20/02/2019

Couldn't agree more. After aspiring to own a Lacanche for many years and eventually achieving our goal, the experience has been most disappointing. We were far happier with our previous range cooker which was a quarter of the price and extremely efficient. Although aesthetically pleasing, our Lacanche Cluny dual fuel is totally impractical. Fierce heat escapes scorching the stainless steel vents both back and front. The brass knobs cannot be adjusted without an oven glove to avoid burning your fingers. The gas oven results are very hit and miss, burning one side of the food and under cooking the other so you have to constantly turn the dish throughout cooking. Service and parts are horrendously expensive. Sadly we are now about to admit defeat and buy a different brand of range cooker. Our advice would be don't believe the hype, save your money and be careful what you wish for!

“My New Lacanche Cluny”

Written on: 29/08/2018

This is our second Lacanche Cluny. The last one (which we sold with the house) was 15 years old. The new Cluny has been installed 3 months and I have to say it is brilliant. They have obviously refined the product over the years. The hob and ovens perform really well. I am so pleased we have brought another one for the new house

“Do not touch!”

Written on: 15/03/2018 by Kdog2000 (1 review written)

I've had a 'Modern' for 16 years and I don't know how I've put up with it for so long. (Appart from the cost to replace it.) Mine is a bit like Trigger's broom, it's had so many eye wateringly expensive parts that I can barely remember which bits are original. Oh it looks pretty but it was obviously assembled in a pre-Glaznost iron curtain county. At the moment it's decided to break oven seals always at the corners, These set you back £25 each and last a few weeks. At last I'm getting rid of it....for scrap! These are vastly overpriced pieces of junk, the oven temperature is guess work and because they are so uneven, cakes are an adventure. The burners are good, except that a bit more simmer control would have been appreciated. If you don't much like cooking and prefer to pull up a chair and admire your purchase then a Lacanche is de rigeur. Otherwise don't touch one with a spatula. Even the reviews point out how scatalogical the oven temperatures are...wish I'd had the internet 16 years ago as I wouldn't now have Lacanche!

“Terrible Customer Service”

Written on: 23/10/2017 by chris3tt (8 reviews written)

I would never recommend one of these just based on the customer service. We've had ours for 6 weeks now and haven't been able to get the gas oven to work and haven't been able to get anyone to fix it. Seems like they only have one engineer and he missed his appointment and then we're told its another 2 1/2 weeks until the next available appointment. It wasn't our fault he didn't come, but they just don't seem to care at all. I'm looking forward to seeing it it cooks, but based on the customer service I would buy something els, probably much cheaper.

“Terrible sales people”

Written on: 24/09/2017 by Schmidtot9 (1 review written)

I called 2 weeks ago about buying a macon. We have a really old one at present and were wanting a newer model. We have not received a call back as promised and have waited long enough. Decided to go for a bosch hob and 2 high level built in ovens. Service over the years has been really high must have paid half the price of the cooker again in service calls and parts. Find independent repairers to fix your cooker. Very very disappointed in La Caunche. Avoid.

“Recently sold my Cluny and now have a Macon. ”

Written on: 09/05/2017 by LadyGrantham. (2 reviews written)

I had an ancient black Cluny which was included in our house sale. It had one replacement grill element in about 18 years of ownership and I loved tthat cooker! It had its faults. If you cooked something fatty in the grill, when you next turned the oven on it smoked whilst it burnt off the fat deposits on the oven element. I also found occasionally I'd be holding the gas control switch in for ages before the thermocouple played ball. I loved it that much I have now bought a Macon in ivory for my new house. I have just reviewed my Macon and given it five stars. It is slightly more refined than my old Cluny, it has an oven light and electric ignition! And the gas burners turn down much lower (not that I had a problem with on my old one though.) I have just read some of the numerous bad reviews and now I am in quandary. Was I just lucky with my fab old Clumy? Or are the other people unlucky with theirs? Time will tell with my new Macon. Should I be worried about realisability problems?

206Sp's Response to LadyGrantham.'s Review

Written on: 18/06/2017

Yes, we have one, pre '89 eastern european build quality I think defines it the Trabant of cookers. The gas oven burns but doesn't cook through, seals shrink and split, hinges bend so the doors don't shut properly ( we use a broom handle to keep the door shut) knobs get really hot as a result, even with the broom. You can only simmer with the very smallest burner the rest burn, the electric over is good though and the grill has yet to burn out but we always keep the door open when using it. It's rubbish really when you consider the cost of it inthe first place. But it does look good.