Mitsubishi Spacewagon GLXi Diamond Pack Reviews

Mitsubishi Spacewagon GLXi Diamond Pack - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Mitsubishi Spacewagon GLXi Diamond Pack

Mitsubishi Spacewagon GLXi Diamond Pack
Mitsubishi Spacewagon GLXi Diamond Pack

“A good car that does not live up to expectations. Fuel...”

Written on: 07/04/2001 by Italiastar. (1 review written)

A good car that does not live up to expectations. Fuel consumption very high - Full set of tyres (Bridgestone) every 15,000 miles if you're lucky (Michelin for me next time) Paint work (Metallic) and body panels very poor and dealers who are just out to rip you off and not interested in dealing with problems. Maybe my expectations are too high but they are based on my past cars - Ford Capri MK 1 and MK 2 and a MK 2 Vauxhall Astra together with several VW Passats I have driven… Read Full Review

Uay.'s Response to Italiastar.'s Review

Written on: 03/01/2002

Reviewer extremely harsh. Maybe if he (or she) was used to driving hard those old bangers they mention in their review, the spacewagon may seem a soft target. Maybe the reviewer should buy a Volvo 240 or maybe a Discovery then he'll find out what fuel consumption, high insurance and low resale values are like. But.. they're built like tanks.
<br>I bought a Spacewagon for the wife and it's a better build than any of the other 7 seater MPV's better fuel consumption (except Serena) Better drive......
<br>The reviewer is sore from a bad deal.... tough!

Italiastar's Response to Italiastar.'s Review

Written on: 07/01/2004

John, never took up my offer to tell me his dealer - as a result I got rid of the car before the cambelt needed changing. I contacted the dealer to tell them they would not be getting further business from me - his comment was that I had a lot of "bad luck" with them - BAD LUCK at £80 an hour for labour. I've now got a wonderfull Seat TDI Alhambra - as fast as the wagon and 45mpg - an absolutly fantastic vehicle!!

14643_Italiastar.'s Response to Italiastar.'s Review

Written on: 03/03/2002

Dear John,
<br><br>I stand by what I said - What tyres were you using. May I also have details of your dealer ([email protected])- I would love to give them a go as I've got the cambelt service coming up.
<br><br>Regards,
<br><br>gerald

John Slater.'s Response to Italiastar.'s Review

Written on: 25/02/2002

I've now owned 2 Spacewagons as reviewed by ItaliaStar and my opinion of the cars we have used disagrees with the review as presented.
<br>The first was a company car. I drove it for one trouble-free year (22k miles), with good service provided by established Mitsubishi dealer. As a result of this positive experience, we later bought one ourselves. This one is now 5 years old with ~56k miles on the clock. We changed the tyres at about 35k miles (from memory) to Continentals - I advise checking the 'Treadwear Rating' of the ones you bought. Fuel consumption is as published - we get ~31mpg overall, which for a 132 bhp, 0-60 mph in 10 secs, 2 litre MPV is very creditable!
<br>The body work is no better/worse than other cars we've owned.
<br>We have nothing but praise for the dealer we bought the car from and who continues to service the vehicle - extremely responsive and the costs are cheaper than the servicing for my recently sold Honda Civic!
<br>I trust that these comments help to balance the review as published.

8617_Italiastar.'s Response to Italiastar.'s Review

Written on: 05/01/2002

I think the person who has put this comment has been a bit harsh on me! For the record the "old bangers he refers to were not! - neither were they driven hard. They were all either new or less than 3 years old when I drove them - the Astra I kept until it was 10 years old. In 4 years the Spacewagon has cost me about £1000 in servicing, £500 in tyres, and needed new brake discs all in a car which I've owned from new, is just over 4 years old, covered 29,000 miles and NEVER been driven hard. Insurance is £550 per year with full NCB and un unblemished record over 20 years and fuel consumption 25-35 mpg - Draw your own conclusions. To say I've got a bad deal - YES I HAVE - I've parted company with 2 dealers for poor service and trying to rip me off - do you think that's TOUGH. All I can say is that not everyone is as discerning.

8562_Mammoth79.'s Response to Italiastar.'s Review

Written on: 05/01/2002

Thank you for you comment - I would like to defend my review. Firstly the "Old Bangers" were not in their day- they were either new or the oldest three years old when bought - the newest being a brand new Passat 1 year ago. From my experience the Spacewagon is an excellent vehicle which does not live up to expectations and is supplied by dealers who are only interested in providing poor service at a high price. My cars are not high milage or driven hard. Perhaps you may like to qualify your comments to counter act mine - Fuel consumption 25 - 35 mph - Tyres, full set 15K miles, Insurance £500 (Full NCB, 41 years old, clean, good record) Brake discs replaced (badly) at 27K (But pads hardly worn) - to me this is poor!! I can only hope your experience is better, however as consumers we are not all as expectant on our cars or suppliers. My wife loved our Cavalier which I thought was the worse car I'd ever own.........until the Spacewagon. Still it's not as bad as the Zafira we've just picked up at work.......it got to 200 miles in 5 days and then blew up-still off the road after 3 weeks - compared to the the wagon its a gem!!!! Give me my 8 year old Golf any day...

Read 6 Comments