Hotpoint TDL52 Reviews

3.1

• Durability

• Style

• Service & Support

Summary

Front Loader
Home Dryer
13.2 Lb / 6 Kg Capacity
Electric Dryer
Hotpoint TDL52 - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Hotpoint TDL52

“Excellent work horse”

written by on 11/03/2013

I bought my Hotpoint TDL52 Aquarius 6kg second hand over three years ago and bearing in mind that I have 5 small children, this tumble dryer has performed beyond my expectations.

“Fantastic and reliable Dryer!”

written by on 09/08/2011

I have had this dryer for 4 ish years now and it is a very reliable dryer that dries all my clothes really well.

“I have had my Hotpoint Aquarius TDL52 reverse action...”

written by on 21/02/2010

I have had my Hotpoint Aquarius TDL52 reverse action tumble dryer for a little over two years and it performed well at first. However, it is now extremely reluctant to take anything like a full 6kg load and even with a reduced load it frequently stalls and struggles to restart in rverse. Drive belt tension is fine, it is either the motor or the electronics which are not performing. I have to open the door and turn it over a couple of times by hand before it shows any inclination to get going again. I'm not at all happy with the reverse action feature - I paid good money for this machine and I feel that it is already worn out and past it's useful life. I don't think that I will be buying a Hotpoint again.

“I had the Hotpoint TDL52 Dryer for about two years and...”

written by Blank74 on 19/07/2005

I had the Hotpoint TDL52 Dryer for about two years and it's still pumping up the volume or rather pumping out the water from the wash as it is supposed to. Small items do occasionally get trapped in the air vent below the seal however I remedied it by using wash bags appropriately. I was reading somebody else's review in this forum in which they were claiming the insufficient exhaustion of steam from the dryer, well, I found that the air in my kitchen also gets a little bit hot and stuffy, however I attributed the problem to the fact that in my case, the exhaust pipe is not fixed properly to the socket on the wall. Anyway, I can say that I am generally satisfied with this Hotpoint appliance.

“Hotpoint TDL52 - Bought this tumble dryer based mainly...”

written by junglejim on 03/06/2004

Hotpoint TDL52 - Bought this tumble dryer based mainly on the Hotpoint name. Must say I am very disappointed, it kicks out so much heat that food cannot be kept in nearby cupboards, there is a vent below the door opening which catches any bounty sheets or socks, etc... And despite the fact that it seems to release loads of heat, it doesn't dry the clothes very well.

Asked by Raed029 on 1st July 2014 Report this content
I have just brought a second hand Aquarius tumble dryer last night. I have to get a hose for it, I took off the back panel and it was just covered in burnt dust, its all clean now. My question is: does this particular tumble dryer get very hot at the back and on the left hand side? This got very hot until I cleaned it but I'm going on my gut instinct, and need some advice as I don't want to burn my house down.

Thanks for answering this question.

We will email your when your answer is on the site