Thorpe Park Reviews

Summary

Read reviews of Thorpe Park, find the best rides and what you need to know before you go.
Location Chertsey Surrey.
Directions situated between junctions 11 and 13* of the M25. (*Note: Access from Junction 12 of the M25 is not possible).
Thorpe Park - Ask a question now

“Not worth what you pay for, rude crowd”

Written on: 18/04/2016 by Mehtaji (1 review written)

Thorpe Park does not return what you pay for. Secondly it is a complete mess so far as health and safety is concerned, risk information for rides is not displayed prominently, Inadequte sign posting, the crowds who visit are too rude, walking in the park to reach your vehicle is a risk too as youths drive too fast in the car park when they leave, there are no speed bumps to tackle this problem. Finally the rides are too fast and can get one dizzy especially people who are 45 plus. I will not visit again and so will my wife she said this quiet firmly as we drove out. Rajendra Mehta

“fright night”

Written on: 01/11/2014 by edcliv (1 review written)

What a rip off. 45.00 for a ticket. arrived at park by 17.00. Only to find the owners had set no limit on number of tickets sold, with profit only in mind they had no interest in the public. We stayed until late and only managed to get on two rides. With queuing times of 120 mins on some rides we just didn't bother. The stewards seem to just give up due too to many numbers.LEAVING WAS A NIGHTMARE. No traffic control. Would not recommend this place to my worst enemy.

“Pleasantly Surprised ”

Written on: 13/09/2014 by AVeryPrivateGentleman1 (1 review written)

This Article May Contain Spoilers: I read a lot of reviews about this venue and the results are mixed especially in the last two and a half years. I must say to kick off, I was very pleasantly surprised. I am extremely very difficult to please and it does take a lot to impress me, especially on a first occasion. I must comment to the OnLine staff, truly superlative, highly courteous, relatively quick to reply. This method of contact was extremely impressive however the lack of a 01 or 02 or 0845 or 0870 telephone number is a bane to those on BT Free call telephone contracts: This needs to be addressed. The IT of the site is very difficult to operate, this also needs attention. On entering the site the staff in the Red Polo Shirts, were extremely impressive and I say that with an emphasised point of note. The Ladies on the gate were superlative and I must say one of them was amazing, I see a big future for such pleasant hospitality. The staff in the resort at the lesser end of the management structure were the best. Pleasant, Polite, Courteous, I could not fault the hospitality. A very well done indeed. On a negative note I was not impressed with the some of the Security staff dressed in Black Polo Shirts, nor was I impressed with what appeared to be Management staff dressed in grey formal shirt wear. It is appreciated that the team were getting ready for a large evening function, however this is no excuse for the lack of a smile or a formal address or pleasant greeting: The park itself is rather ethereal and basically does what it state on the tin. You cannot compare it to American Theme Parks in size, nor should one do so.In its own right Thorpe Park holds its own and in a very commendable way. It has an element of holiday camp theme to it, however the modern day rides such as Stealth & The Swarm soon take care of the serious side of the business. I counted about 1,000 cars in the park which guesstimates it at about 3,000 people, so this could have been seen as a relatively quiet day ? I did not see people waiting longer than 35 to 40 minutes for any ride. The food, I could not see where the negative comments about the food came from apart from the price of a cup of decent coffee. The average price of a decent meal in any of the eateries was about £6.95p: I was a little miffed at the lack of the high street offers in Burger King and kentucky Fried Chicken on site, whether its a franchise agency or not. The facilities and the bars are very good, they did look a little tired in places, but I put this down to a long hard summer season. The private beach and swimming pool was an excellent compliment to the venue. I was very impressed with the free X Box gaming section for kids A nice touch and well done. If you are expecting this to be Disneyland Epcot Centre or Saint Tropez and you have high expectations with a high quality ideal, you may be disappointed. I feel this is a very good value theme park, with some excellent facilities, at an appropriate price. There are some areas of this park that are truly second to none and in a class of their own. There is a problem with smoking in the park and I did hear park staff on the tannoy stating not to smoke while queuing up. I feel that people should not be allowed to walk around the park smoking freely in the outdoor areas. Thorpe park needs to address the issue of having dedicated smoking areas, where smoking can take place freely, The rest of the resort outside these proposed dedicated smoking areas should be policed by staff. It is not pleasant breathing in smoke especially after eating food, or having a ride on one of the high G machines. There are negative externalities of this resort, much like everything in life, however I feel the positives far outweigh any negative Yin/Yang: Disabled facilities were very good and I did feel safe and accommodated in the resort venue. Take it from me I am not easily impressed, but Thorpe Park does a very good job in providing Theme park entertainment, to get it absolutely 100%, would require some investment and some lateral thinking. A very pleasing and enlightening day out:

“Recent visit”

Written on: 21/08/2014 by EliannaDavies (1 review written)

My wife, myself and our son recently visited Thorpe Park. We did a two day package and thoroughly enjoyed it. The staff were always smiling, courteous and helpful, it seemed nothing was too much trouble which made the experience much better for us. I am finding it difficult to find fault, however, the only criticism I can think of is that during busy times, when the queues were long, some of the rides were going round with enpty seats, so I think a single riderline would alleviate some of the queue length.

“Overcrowded Thorpe park”

Written on: 21/08/2014 by O'Leary53 (1 review written)

I went to Thorpe park 18/08/14 My gripe is the amount of major rides breaking down throughout the day namely Nemesis Samurai all day out of action. The ride Saw had scheduled maintenance, down till 4.00PM in the afternoon, Slammer kept breaking down. In 9 hours there I only managed to go on 7 rides, Here is the rides and queuing times: Detonator 1.0 HRS Queue Swarm 1.5 HRS Queue Colossus 2.0 HRS Queue Slammer 0.45 HRS Queue Vortex 0.20 HRS Queue Rush 0.45 HRS Queue Saw 1.5 HRS Queue Almost 8 hours Queuing for 7 rides is not a bargain at a cost of £83.00 inc parking for 3 people. I can only recommend to go there when the kids are not on there 6 week summer Holidays. Basically there were too many people and not enough rides. I can only presume this is an average day at Thorpe park when the kids are off school.

“a few issues”

Written on: 03/08/2014

I visited Thorpe park today,was good day out,although i bought my tickets online and the signage for online tickets at the entrance is poor,no staff were around to help you go to the right queue.only one baby changing room! which made it difficult and the queuing times stated for each ride was not updated quick enough,and differed quite alot to the actual queuing time, overall a good day out,staff on rides friendly.would go again!

“terrible”

Written on: 06/06/2014 by Jimena109 (1 review written)

i went on the website when I noticed that I saw some FALSE advertisement it shows a picture of a theme park on a island when really its in London you better remove the picture before I sue for false advertisement

Rtarielcalves's Comment

Written on: 16/05/2019

Really! An island you don’t say

Read 1 Comment

“Been in love for years! ”

Written on: 22/05/2014

We me and my family brought our first Merlin Passes as a treat for ourselves after we finally came into some money after a very hard time financially about 5 years ago. At the time myself and my sisters were young teenagers and frankly the idea of Thorpe Park terrified us! We left it until the last day of the summer that year before we finally went and that was honestly the biggest mistake we could've made! As I'm the oldest I was going through a "nothing scares me I can go on anything!" Stage, so I stormed in through the gates at 10am with my heart set on walking straight to Stealth and proving how I'm not a wimp but I didn't even make it over the bridge before I was shaking at how BIG everything was! The Dome you have to walk through before you can get to the park is impressive enough, but walking out to happy calypso music and laughter (which is really the sound that makes the day so special - I've never really seen anyone shout or cry there! Except little ones who "hate dad soooo much for tricking her into X://No Way Out" (that might have been me..) The queues at thorpe park are a thing. Don't ever trick yourself into thinking that you can "cheat" and go on school days or sundays - everyone else always has the same idea! The only day I've had where there was almost no queue at all was on Mothers Day last year! (No, I didn't force my poor mum into it - she likes it as much as us!) but you have to be REALISTIC. a 30-60 minute queue for one of a handful of theme parks in the country is NOT as bad going as people would have you think! And most queues are 30-60 minutes! The Unholy Trinity as they're known often go over and can hit between 90 and 120, but you really must hate the people you come with if you can't stomach that long with them. Or you could do what we do; make conversation with the people around you! I've had lengthy chats with thrill seekers from across the world. Seriously. I met a group of schoolgirls from australia who had travelled here with Thorpe Park being one of the few main days out they'd organised! The good is NOT overpriced: if you aren't ridiculous about it. If you go into KFC or McDonalds then yeah you can definitely expect to pay normal over the top prices but there's nothing thorpe park can do about that. Their own restaurants (DEFINITELY recommend the fish and chip shop or the noodle bar! Or the Mexican!) do plenty of meal deals and offers - which actually work out cheaper than cafe's or restaurants in a normal town! And honestly; I've never had a SINGLE problem with the quality nor quantity of what I've been given. Every single one of The rides are amazing, none have EVER been a let down. Its been 5 years and I can happily tell you that we have NEVER lost the feeling of giddy excitement just before you set off on a ride. Its really amazing. One thing I do recommend avoiding - side stalls and games. **Not** because they're seemingly "rigged" - lies. I've won many times - but because they're so addictive! Once you've had a few goes its difficult to stop and then you realise you could've used the time on rides! Definitely visit during Sun Scream in the summer (if only for the free pairs of Doctor Pepper pants I wear to this day!) and Halloween! Ministry of Sound is intense. Thorpe Park do know how to throw a great party!

“What a rip-off! ”

Written on: 12/05/2014 by bgHolland31 (1 review written)

I wasted £20 worth of Clubcard vouchers on this. I had hoped you could walk around and look at some nice gardens and sit down for a coffee with a nice view, but this place is all about rides and nothing else. Sorry, wrong - it's all about fleecing people. First mistake was to e-mail the park with some practical questions - what made me think they'd bother to answer? Silly me. They have a contact page but apparently don't bother to check it. My friend and I arranged to meet there, not knowing that you have to pay to park your car, so it cost £10 to park two cars. If I'd known I would have met him somewhere and gone in one vehicle. What a cheek, charging for parking! My friend got on one of the rides and it lasted about 30 seconds! Apparently you can go as many times as you want - I should think so if they only last half a minute each! But you have to get back off and queue again. I was so disgusted by the place that refused to buy anything to eat. Don't go there thinking you can have a nice day out - there is nothing but the rides, and they were all really short. This place must make a mint ripping its customers off like that. It's even worse than Tivoli in Copenhagen, and that's saying something!

“Very poorly maintained”

Written on: 17/10/2013 by maryrobsonhrh (2 reviews written)

My family and I went to the park for a day out and were very unimpressed with the level of maintenance. We bought fast track tickets because we know that the waits are long. there is not much the operators can do about that and the fast track was good. One thing that the operators do have control over however is the level of litter collection and the general level of paintwork and presentation of the park. It just said saving money to me and I was upset because we definitely did not save money when we bought our tickets. Shame on them and if they save money on litter collection then do they also save money on safety inspections.

“AVOID STAY AT HOME”

Written on: 05/09/2013 by davidjayo (21 reviews written)

What a complete waste of money, costs about £10 a ride per person, 60-120 mins waiting times!!! toilets always getting blocked, then NO TOILETS at all, food outlets dirty, grumpy staff, why go somewhere for this treatment, and customer service was awful dealing with my complaint, I was not satisfied with the outcome, I would never return, not only this my girl is 1.2m high so she cannot go on any decent rides she has to be 1.4m, we now go to a lovely place on Southend sea front, rides not as good but wow up to 40-50 rides a day....

“don't go to thorpe park if you want a good day out”

Written on: 03/09/2013 by thorpeparkiscrap (1 review written)

Ride was no good at all the staff just don't want to help at all you are mad if you go there

“Terrible day!!!”

Written on: 30/08/2013 by likegoodthemeparks (1 review written)

For our annual summer holidays theme park trip me, my kids and my friend and her nephew thought we would try Thorpe park as a change from the more usual choices of Drayton Manor an Alton towers. What a costly mistake!!! During summer hols we fully expect some queing time but 3 rides in 8 hours?????? multiple problems with rides breaking down or not being open in the first place. A truly awful experience !!! Whilst the rides we did manage to get on were good, it just didnt make up for the endless hours of queing. Wont be a returning visitor. Have better things to spend my time and money on. Feel like I want to warn as many pepople as possible about such a poor product!!! The only saving grace for me was that the tickets were purchased from Tesco club card vouchers so were not at full price..Otherwise I would feel truly cheated.

“disabled visitors beware”

Written on: 05/06/2013 by johnsond (1 review written)

Our day at Thorpe Park started badly and went down hill from there. When we first arrived (Two Disabled adults one with M.S and the other cerable palsy, both in wheelchairs, and carers), we had to go and register. The girl on the desk wanted proof of our disabilities, fair enough, so we showed our Kent county council registration card. Not good enough she said. What about our blue mobility car badges with pics on to prove who we are. Not good enough she said. How about the letter saying we are in receipt of Disability allowance. Again not good enough, but this time added that they have loads of people who pretend to be disabled, so they will only accept a letter from your G.P. after much debating she agreed to let us in, but stated next time she will not unless we have the right document. We were already feeling that they thought we were trying get in cheaper by pretending (We Wish)to be disabled. we were told that we had to go to all the exits of rides to go on them, this got mixed reactions from the staff from being totally ignored to being sent back to go in the same way as every else. We had no problem queuing like everyone, but then you find that there are steps and trying to get up them with two wheelchairs is horrendous, thanks to the members of the public who helped while the staff just looked the other way. the next thing that happened came was when the disabled lad who could self wheel, hit a pot whole outside the shop of Nemesis Inferno and was thrown out of his wheel chair. When we complained the staff member said he would make a note of it, but his carer insisted that something was done about it now, so they said they would put a sign over it. So the sign they put by it, said caution wet floor. The last straw came when we came to leave, we had been told that the cost of the car park was £4 for disabled vehicles, when we went to pay they said No we do not give a reduction, even when we showed them that it was advertised on their webpage. We were told that’s a mistake if you want to get out you pay the same as every one else. A very disappointing day out.

“Most expensive day out ever.”

Written on: 04/06/2013

Went to Thorpe park on the on the 31st of May 2013 for my son's 17th Birthday,on arrival at 2pm we paid £43.00 each we were in a company of 5.my husband,myself and 3 children the children all had to pay adult prices as they were all over 12 years old, their ages 12yrs, 13yrs and 17yrs. The waiting time and queues to get on the large rides was 60-80 mins we decided to buy fast track tickets...although there are various prices depending on which ride you choose...or you can buy a ticket that takes you on all rides for £70.00. We bought the more expensive tickets... at the fast track section we waited 45 mins or more for the bigger rider. Most people had the same idea thinking that a fast track ticket will get you through quicker(not true)many people were angry about paying twice and waiting just as long in the fast track queue. The children all went on about 5 rides each...a very expensive day out and not worth the money.I will never return to Thorpe Park outrageous that they can get away with daylight robbery.(very unhappy customer)

“Good but needs a little work”

Written on: 07/02/2013 by Jason10808 (1 review written)

Thorpe Park is an excellent theme park with alot of thrill rides, it is great for teenagers and has some of the best roller coasters in the country, the new ride the Swarm has very good themeing and is a very exciting roller coaster seeing as your sat on the side of the track, but it is a little tacky and organised, i visited in April of 2012, all of the rides were open and as far as i was aware none of them closed, i do not really mind if they close a ride, because after all it is all health and safety, but when i went to go on the rapids i had a shock, i was with a family group 4 of us a 13,17,41 and 42 but we were not allowed to go on the rapids because we did not have a family member under 12, this is pathetic. Later that day i saw a group of what looked like 18 year olds on the ride, how were they allowed to get on and not a family, after all Thorpe park call the rumba rapids on their website a 'family ride' after that it was getting late and were thinking about going home, i had not purchased a car parking ticket before hand because we are merlin annual pass holders and just went straight in, i had to wait in a queue line for 22 minutes with a load of people buying annual passes, why don't they have it like alton towers with machines, and to top it all off, when we entered we were not given a park map because we where pass holders, i think thorpe park need to buckle up and the staffs shoes are chavy nike trainers, sort it out!

“Thorpe Park is the best!!!!!”

Written on: 27/01/2013 by kidcustard14 (1 review written)

As it says in my review title, thorpe park is simply the best. Every thrill ride is great and scary at the same time. The swarm which was new for 2012 was awesome, although I was absolutely petrified, especially when we got to the top and saw that we were going to go upside down before we thought! I liked Saw the ride the best as it is one of the scariest there along with stealth. Stealth was probably the highest ride i'd ever been on in my life let alone the highest in the park. I didn't like detonator however, but i think that's because i'm not a big fan of any drop rides, they make me feel sick :( Nemesis inferno is a lot like the nemesis at alton towers, but better as it is a lot faster. That was the only ride i smiled in the picture. Rush is a great ride for those who don't mind swings that go really high while only wearing a lap bar. The scarefest at thorpe park was a lot scarier than i expected. I dont go in any of the scare mazes as i'm a chicken when it comes to them. however, you cant escape the zombies as they can be found wondering around the park and they are allowed to touch you. I had my picture with all of them, but i ran of from them after as they started making really weird noises and acting all crazy. just beware as they can decide to chase you around the park. if you are a fan of extreme thrill rides and frights then thorpe park is the place for you!!!!! HAVE FUN!!!!!!!

“Great Day Out”

Written on: 14/01/2013 by paulabeth4 (2 reviews written)

This is a great park for small kids. i took my 7 year old and 9 year old and they had a great day and smiled all the way home. Great rides both fast and not so fast!! Great stalls and shops sellinf merchandise. The only con is the price of the day out. Be prepared to spend a good bit of money. Tickets are nearly £100 for a family. Overall though worth taking the kids and better than Chessington or Lego land but not as good as Disney Paris or Alton Towers.

“Spoilt at the end of the day”

Written on: 05/10/2012 by Sarahlouise21 (1 review written)

My best friend and I visited the park for the first time today. We were so excited! The rides we went on were amazing. The food we ate was ok too. The only 2 things that really let the day down were, the ride, Colosuss was closed and we had to wait an hour for a bus back to the closest railway station of Staines. There were over 400 people standing in the cold, some couldn't fit under the canopy and were out in the rain! The park closed at 5pm so naturally the bus stop quickly filled up. Bearing in mind we had already paid for a return ticket so the service received was appalling! Run more buses!!

“Awesome”

Written on: 02/09/2012

Very VERY goood! Would recomened Thorpe park to all thrill seekers, honestly I prefer Saw to Swarm, but that's just me!