Waitrose www.waitrose.com

2.2

“The cafe staff ”

written by Trollops on 05/02/2024

The last couple of visits to your cafe in Heavitreei in Exeter the staff were excellent, your Chinese man I’ve forgotten his name was excellent serving our table so friendly and helpful. She served me with a couple of take away latte’s and she was so kind and caring when I explained that I was off to the hospital with them. All the staff we have found to be excellent also in store too All staff are well trained and helpful. They are happy to wrap flowers which they do really well thank you Waitrose

“BEST MARMALADE RECIPE”

written by Jaysea20 on 28/01/2024

I picked up a Waitrose recipe card for ‘seasonal’ Seville orange marmalade. I bought the specially selected Seville oranges in its own bag. It’s the first time I’ve attempted to make marmalade. The outcome was a triumph. It was delicious and perfect. Well done Waitrose!

“Brunello wine - very poor”

written by North144 on 19/10/2023

Having returned from Tuscany I wanted to treat my friends to the wonderful Brunello wine. I bought a Val di Suga Brunello 2016 from Waitrose at £29.99. I let it air properly before . The wine tasted nothing at all like the Brunellos I had been drinking. Perhaps that might be expected but it was truly awful, acidic, limp with a terrible aftertaste. If tasted like a cheap red wine . What a disappointment. This is not a wine I would recommend buying. We couldn’t even finish it that’s how bad it was.

“Outstanding customer service ”

written by on 15/09/2023

I went to waitrose this afternoon asked a question about buying falafels and where they were! He kindly showed me where they were. He asked which ones do you want? I choose what I wanted and he said this is on me he paid for my falafels!! I was absolutely surprised by his gesture and I said really thats fine. But he insisted! I was very totally taken back by his kindness ❤ addlestone staff are so lovely and exceptional in dealing with there customers. I huge thank you to him and the girl at the till. Professional and caring for your needs. Thanks for putting a smile on my face. Again this is addlestone, I wish I could mention him by name but I can't say names but he know who he is. A lovely human being. ????????

“Excellent customer service”

written by on 15/09/2023

I went into my local Waitrose in Addlestone and I can honestly say the customer service is second to none. It is so refreshing to be helped by staff that greet you with a smile and proceed to answer or help with any issues or questions that you have. I would like to say a Big Thank you Best Wishes

“The breaded haddock was fantastic. ”

written by Sueparadise on 21/08/2023

The breaded Haddock was fantastic. 16 mins in air fryer turning halfway through. Meaty full of flavour 10/10 Breaded fish crispy not stodgy.

“'Hardly' Chicken & Vegetable Broth”

written by Fletcher448 on 20/12/2022

Hearty chicken & veg broth should be renamed as above! Not a single piece of chicken in the entire tub. Just thin hair like strands of something unrecognisable as chicken. Overall, the quality of Waitrose fresh produce has declined dramatically recently. Satsumas, this year are tasteless and generally go mouldy after 2-3 days. Do not assume that if you are paying top price you are buying the best quality. Those days are now gone. In their favour, the delivery drivers are always very polite and helpful, substituted items are generally few and far between and our local store Manager is helpful when things are not quite right. None the less, as a customer who regularly has £200 deliveries, I expect a better standard of fresh produce and am now switching up to 50% of my deliveries to another supermarket in order to get better fresh food.

“A marvellous experience”

written by Poingdestre on 17/09/2022

On 13th September 2022 we shopped at Waitrose in Sandbach, Cheshire. For the last two years I have done the shopping myself as my wife broke her leg during Covid / lockdown and was in hospital for 4 weeks with a further nursing for several weeks at home. This left her feeling very nervous to go out and it is only recently that she is beginning to start to return to ' normal '. When we arrived at the store my wife suddenly said she would like to go into the store rather than stay in the car as she had done in the past and asked if I could enquire about her using a store wheelchair.Nothing was a problem and the staff were wonderful and once connected up we started shopping and I have to say my wife felt so good that she could browse and shop herself. We used the hand held shopping gun ( not sure of the correct name) and visited the butchery dept where he went the extra mile to listen to my wife and prepare what we wanted. He cut all the meat for us and met us in one of the aisles to hand the meat to us, nothing was too much trouble. On checking out a partner asked us if everything had been ok for us today to which we replied how well my wife felt shopping after 2 years. She disappeared and returned to my wife with the most beautiful bunch of autumn flowers and said 'these are with the compliments of Waitrose' I am pleased we have made your day'. Both my wife and I were choked at such kindness,how lovely is that. All in all we had a wonderful day and hope to have many more in the future. Thank you.

“Terrible Caeasar salad !”

written by Comptonum1990 on 14/08/2022

Why on earth have Waitrose ruined their Caesar salad? OK it's expensive but it was great - now they have substituted ghastly tough outer lettuce leaves! Inedible....cannot manage to chew through them. You have a good product then change it until it becomes disgusting.Is this to make more money? Well I will never buy it again!

“Waitrose. Cafe ”

written by Edmuno on 19/05/2022

Waitrose Wilmslow bring back coffee and seating inside Customers with Waitrose card receive a discount on drinks Waitrose Alderley. Edge such a same no cafe, you do offer free coffe to have outside usually on dirty lingered seating. Cafe used to bring in a lot of family’s and business people all this you have lost. Most of them bought goods in your store was a good meeting place very busy. Prescient staff appear not to be interested in reopening cafe, your loss brought in lots people family’s it is most important to have pleasant helpful staff Booths. Cafe also. M&S excellent Discount for card holders

“This is what you really get with food home delivery!”

written by djb666 on 06/03/2022

Whilst blocking my driveway and mid delivery to a neighbour, the driver decided to expose himself in public and urinate on the side of my garage. Not sure I’d want a food delivery from him, not least because I certainly didn’t see him wash his hands before continuing to handle food. All captured on CCTV unfortunately for him. Told customer services and they just tried to fob me off with a £20 voucher and the “assurance” that it was dealt with but they can’t say how. Sorry not good enough which is why I’m placing this warning on here. If you like your food delivered by someone who doesn’t wash his hands after urinating on your property in public then this is the company for you. I however won’t be buying anything from Waitrose or John Lewis ever again?

“No social distancing from staff and bad customer service”

written by MsLUong on 15/07/2021

Longfield Store: Staff don’t apply social distancing and teach over your shoulder when shopping! Raised a complaint with the store who kept me waiting for 20 minutes, after a staff member directed me to a colleague to call a manager, who wasn’t available due to a management meeting, 20 minutes later she advise me she was a team leader who could help me! Contacted customer services who offered me flowers, chocolate or a bottle of wine, which I found an insult! Store Manager contacted me and rather than acknowledge and apologise for the experience I have had, made excuses on the lack of communication from her staff! Offer me a £15 Gift card that I declined! Customers are not clearly valued! As a Waitrose card holder, I normally shop at a competitor. Won’t be entice to shop at Waitrose going forward, with promotional voucher and pay more for your groceries, for the bad customer service you receive! Not what you expect from a brand like Waitrose!

“Friendliest delivery driver I have ever had”

written by Hristinailieva on 06/07/2021

I have been a Waitrose customer for a long time, but today the happiest and friendliest man delivered my food. I hope you get more people like him. Overall waitrose have always been helpful and supportive with any online order mistakes. At the end we are not perfect, mistakes do happen but I can only say that I am very happy with the customer service.

“Arrogant Waitrose don’t appreciate product quality...”

written by Willis359 on 01/02/2020

Just had a really poor experience with Waitrose Customer Care which has left me disenchanted. Have been a loyal customer for years. But this week I reported a poor quality product and was treated to the ninth degree investigation over the purchase. Clearly Waitrose are sufficiently arrogant to believe they cannot possibly sell substandard products and as a result are less than tolerant of anyone daring to complain. How dare I report that the garlic chicken I bought was dreadful!!

“they cancelled delivery due to snow, still took the money ”

written by on 06/03/2018

After being bombarded with money off my first shop offers from waitrose I decided to give them a go. I had a delivery booked for friday night to have my weekly shopping delivered, i was very pleased with the money off voucher plus i was set to make a few pounds back through both my cash back site and a Lloyds debit card cashback offer ...... happy days. Waitrose emailed me earlier in the day to tell me about a few substitutions in some cases items being replaced for more expensive substitutions at no extra expense and also that a few of the fresh goods that i ordered were on the date and i wouldn't be charged for them, again ...... happy days, put em in the freezer, winner winner chicken dinner .... quite literally in fact as they weren't charging me for £4 worth of chicken drumsticks. Of course on friday as forecast we had a bit of snow fall, which inevitably brought the entire transport system to a halt throughout the U.K. It took me over three hours to travel less than 20 miles from work, so upon being called at about 6pm by waitrose to tell me that my order had been cancelled, I was frustrated but understanding. However I did ask wether my shopping could be rescheduled for any time up until monday to be told that they had "other orders" to fulfil and to add insult to injury they did suggest that i could travel 15 miles to them to collect the order. Now this is where the whole situation becomes unacceptable IMO, waitrose still charged me for the order and took the money from my bank account. Upon ringing customer services they apologised and issued a full refund which would not return to my account until four days later. They also stated that goods are charged at the point of which it was picked and not upon delivery, which isn't the case anywhere else I have shopped. So not only did waitrose not deliver my weekly shopping, they also took the money out of my account which was required to go out and get my shopping elsewhere!. Luckily i have enough funds to get the basic essentials to get me by for the week. But overall it's fair to say that this was the first and last time i attempt to shop with waitrose. I've placed several orders with their sister company ocado before without great issue, but i'll tell them where to go also purely by way of association.

“Fantastic service”

written by on 11/12/2017

Ordered a 100th birthday cake and party food from Waitrose to be delivered today 11th Dec, worst day ever for travelling by road. Initially was told my order may not be delivered today and would i select a different day for delivery. I totally understood Uttoxeter delivery depot where concerned about fulfilling their deliveries with the weather being as it has been, but I explained the order was for one of my residents 100th birthday which was today. They then reassured me that the order would get to me even if they had to get in a car and drive it to me themselves. I was very appreciative of the lengths they were willing to go to to ensure the birthday girl got her cake and party food. everything arrived about 15 mins later than the delivery slot i had booked which i was very impressed with and they also gave us a complimentary cake and flowers for the birthday girl. A wonderful time was had by all and her day went really well. Thank you very very much to all staff involved at Waitrose Home Delivery.

“Poor customer service from Waitrose.com”

written by bobr1973 on 30/09/2017

I’ve been a customer of Waitrose delivery for many years but over the past week have had an absolutely abysmal customer service experience from them. Last Saturday less than half of my fortnightly shop showed up. The driver was very apologetic and someone from Waitrose Coulsden called shortly after to discuss the order. At the time they offered a refund for the missing items but I wasn’t happy with that as it meant that I would still have to go and do a shop for the missing items. The woman I spoke to said she would look into doing another delivery for the missing items. She called me back later saying the missing items would be delivered between 6 and 8pm. I accepted that but also requested compensation since the majority of the items I ordered would show up 8-10 hours late. She told me I would have to call the main customer service line to discuss a refund. I called customer service and after speaking to a supervisor (the original person I spoke to seemed incapable of helping me) was told that a refund of approximately £70 (I can’t remember the exact amount) was already in the system. I was happy with that so I didn’t pursue the refund any further. Later that evening, it’s 8:00 and still no delivery. I called Waitrose Coulsden and spoke to a lady who said she could see that a re-delivery was promised to me but that no one had actually picked the items or set up the delivery. She apologised and asked to call me back to see if she could get a delivery arranged ASAP. True to her word, she did call back and said she could have the missing items delivered between 10-10:30 that evening. Despite this being 12 hours later than my original delivery slot, I accepted it. The second delivery arrived at about 10. However there were still missing items and some of the items picked were different from my order. This was frustrating but I decided not to complain as I was promised a refund. This morning I checked my credit card and there is no refund from Waitrose. I called the customer service line and was told that due to accepting a re-delivery the refund was cancelled. I explained that was never communicated to me last week and I expected to be compensated for a delivery that was 12 hours late. I asked to speak to a supervisor. He then got on the phone and I told him the complete story. He then explained that he had to call Bracknell to request a refund. I waited on the line while he did this and when he got back to me he said he could only offer compensation of £25 off my next order and a refund for any items I was unhappy with. I wasn’t happy with this offer as the refund was only 1/3 of what I was promised the week prior. Since I felt like the customer service I was receiving was poor I said I would complain on social media if I didn’t get the refund I was promised. He then very deliberately repeated what he was typing, “Threatened to complain on social media.” This was very upsetting to me. It felt like he was recording some kind of bad behaviour against my account. He called Bracknell a second time and returned with the same offer and said if I didn’t accept it then I was free to complain on social media. I rejected the offer. I thought I would get greater satisfaction making Waitrose customers aware of the very poor customer service I’ve received. I don’t think I’ve been unreasonable in expecting Waitrose to follow through with the refund I was promised last week.

“Online order delivered by a foreign taxi driver . No...”

written by seGarcia194 on 10/09/2017

Last night was my 3rd online delivery from Waitrose and perhaps my last. My shopping arrived and the delivery driver proceeded to ask me for £6.00 in broken English, to cover delivery charges. He had been given £10.00 but the journey came to £16.00 and expected me, the customer to pay the shortfall. I tried to explain that delivery was free of charge and then asked him about my substitutions..... he held his hands up ... me no understand. I sent him on his way and called the Christchurch store. Unfortunately they were closing and a gentleman took my details for a callback the following day. I called the store and spoke with 2 members of staff, the latter being management, who advised me they were short staffed and had a contract with a local taxi firm as a back up. I raised my concerns over possible contamination of the order and also refrigeration of chilled items , and suggested a courtesy call to the customer to advise the method of delivery being used. Surely a supermarket of your calibre, with high standards guaranteed can do better than this ! The lady assured me that it was a very reliable/ trustworthy taxi company and said that it would be highly unlikely to have been contaminated. I am afraid that I cannot 100 percent agree with that . Who knows where the taxi driver had been to with my order in his vehicle. The store reimbursed me for the substitutes and also offered me £15.00 as a goodwill gesture. I was very anxious and uneasy last night after my delivery. Please do not subject any other individuals to this, easily avoidable situation.

“Could be so much better ....”

written by on 28/06/2017

As a regular contented shopper at our local Waitrose, I thought I would give Waitrose Online a go, and see how the experience of one shop with them compared to the usual excellent online food company I use. It was not nearly so good or careful : not such friendly, efficient service, items missing, billed incorrectly, fresh food not up to scratch , & more complicated to contact for refunds, as compared to the online company I regularly use. In addition, as their reviews are carefully monitored, you don't feel you're getting a true review of their products. So all in all I'm not rushing to use their online service again ...

“Could be so much better ....”

written by on 28/06/2017