Gainsborough Ambassador Recessed Mixer Reviews

Gainsborough Ambassador Recessed Mixer
Gainsborough Ambassador Recessed Mixer

“drip drip drip”

Written on: 27/03/2012

We have replaced the cartridge in the inherited shower 2 times and now the water just pours out, the shower head sits on the floor of the shower tray. It is a design fault and just rubbish. we are ripping it out and replacing it with quality… Read Full Review

“Have owned the ambassador for 5 years only had 3 years...”

Written on: 26/01/2011

Have owned the ambassador for 5 years only had 3 years use out of it, In that time I have never had consistant temperature from it.If you can find a desirable temperature dont touch it again,Warn anyone who stays with you if they use it you will cut their hands off if they adjust the temperature.Now that the warranty has run out it will cost £107 to buy the thermostatic part that has failed,bearing in mind the shower now only costs £120 on gainsbourghs own site.You can however buy the part for… Read Full Review

“I have had this Gainsborough Ambassador Recessed Mixer...”

Written on: 25/04/2009

I have had this Gainsborough Ambassador Recessed Mixer shower fitting in my bathroom for six years now and have had no problems whatsoever.
It was good value for money and 100% reliable.

I have only marked it down as I have had to buy new screwpack fittings due to me decorating and taking the fittings off the wall.
This was my fault but I would have expected the washer system to be more substantial than plastic… Read Full Review

“Within 6 months the shower head broke - bought...”

Written on: 03/04/2009 by mattjames (1 review written)

Within 6 months the shower head broke - bought replacement - £15.00

Within 12 months the hose broke - £10.00

After 3.5 years shower refuses to draw cold water. New Cartridge £105 or replace entire for £150! On top of this labour.

All in all not happy.

The bathroom was originally fitted and supplied by B&Q. They already repalced pump and shower cubicle and fixed taps after suing them. Personally I wouldn't touch anything that B&Q sell as in my experience it is all cheap… Read Full Review

☆☆☆☆☆

“This shower was a waste of our money, now have to have...”

Written on: 22/04/2008 by bob1dun (1 review written)

This shower was a waste of our money, now have to have bathroom ripped apart to replace it as no one can fix the problem, now instead of a drip the water is pouring out!… Read Full Review

☆☆☆☆☆

“I would not again waste my money on the Gainsborough...”

Written on: 03/04/2008

I would not again waste my money on the Gainsborough Ambassador Recessed Mixer or any newer Gainsborough products.

My plastic parts have become brittle through the chroming process, they are not robust and needs replacing too frequently.
Mine is currently held together with waterproof tape… Read Full Review

☆☆☆☆☆

“We bought a Gainsborough electric shower in May 2005....”

Written on: 29/08/2007 by Ms Walters (1 review written)

We bought a Gainsborough electric shower in May 2005. Not long after we had to have a spare part replaced (o-rings inside the shower head had broken into pieces). In July 2006 we had to have a new shower unit replaced, because one day it just stopped working, no warning or indication of it having a problem. We checked all the maintenance instructions, cleaned the filter, but it was still not working. At that time it was very quick to get a replacement from Gainsborough. But this week (August… Read Full Review

“I bought the Gainsborough Ambassador -I'd rather pay...”

Written on: 18/08/2006 by Janet Walker (1 review written)

I bought the Gainsborough Ambassador -I'd rather pay a little more and buy reliability… Read Full Review

“I would not even fix the Gainsborough Ambassador...”

Written on: 21/05/2006 by maccuda (1 review written)

I would not even fix the Gainsborough Ambassador Recessed Mixer shower in the dog house, as it would be very cruel to the animal.

This shower is a waste of money, as it doesn't mix the water temperature and the pressure is not at all constant!… Read Full Review

Bertie's Response to maccuda's Review

Written on: 22/05/2006

maccuda......between your findings, and skippy's, I think you'd be better off with a hanging perforated bucket -- something like you see in those Western films.
You'd have to fill it, of course, but at least you would get your shower at your required temperature.
It would certainly be cheap!

Maccuda's Response to maccuda's Review

Written on: 22/05/2006

yeah alot cheaper :) if you think that that ambassador shower costs around £130 a bucket would indeed be better, apart from power it would probably give more comfort as well :)

Read 2 Comments

“The Gainsborough Ambassador Recessed Mixer shower is a...”

Written on: 02/05/2006 by skippy7098 (2 reviews written)

The Gainsborough Ambassador Recessed Mixer shower is a waste of money, and spare parts are extremely expensive. I would spend a little more and get something more reliable… Read Full Review