Mustek DV3000 Reviews

Interchangeable Lens: Not Interchangeable Lenses
Optical Zoom: Without Optical Zoom
35mm Zoom Lens: 50 mm
Digital Zoom: 2x
Focus Range: 27.56 in. to Infinity (w)
Focal Length: 10.84 mm
Image Quality
Camera Resolution: 2.1 Megapixel
Image Resolutions: 640 x 4802048 x 1536 (Interpolated)1600 x 1200
Video
Video Resolutions: 320 x 240 (QVGA)
Video Format: AVI
Mp3 Built In:
Built-in Microphone: With Built-in Microphone
Built-in Speaker: With Built-in Speaker
System Requirements
Operating System: Apple Mac OS 9Microsoft Windows 2000Microsoft Windows 98Microsoft Windows MEMicrosoft Windows XP
Other
Height: 6.8 cm
Width: 4 cm
Depth: 8.6 cm
Weight: 0.1 kg
Included Accessories: 2 x AA BatteriesSoftwareUSB CableVideo CableBag32 MB Memory CardStrap

Showing star rating of:

(cancel refinement)

“Having a proper DV camera is all well and good, but...”

Written on: 06/08/2003 by pantman (1 review written)

Having a proper DV camera is all well and good, but with the Mustek DV3000 Digital Camcorder being this cheap means you can get video shots in dodgy situations where the camera might get damaged, and not be too gutted when it gets smashed. I'm going to strap one to my Downhill bike and ride down the Alps. Then try car, motorbike, RC plane, or throw it off a cliff with a parachute!!! wouldnt do that with a grand camera until im alot richer… Read Full Review

“The first thought I had when I opened the box was that...”

Written on: 25/07/2003 by Chiok. (1 review written)

The first thought I had when I opened the box was that it was the smallest thing I had ever seen. You see those L'Espion cameras that are like matchbox size, but produce poor pictures. This one might be worthwhile. For the money, it seems worthwhile, and is all around very good.
Though there are a few limitations. You need a rather large SD or MMC card to hold any good length videos on the higher setting (9 minutes low, 4 minutes high on a 32MB) It doesn't tell you how much space is left… Read Full Review

“This camera is fine - gotta hold it still to get a...”

Written on: 11/07/2003 by roge. (1 review written)

This camera is fine - gotta hold it still to get a decent picture - quality is good but doesn't matter these days anyway - just bring pictures onto your computer and edit away until you have a
masterpiece!! I recommend this as a simple camera-maybe a good first digital camera thats easy to use but dont expect the world -… Read Full Review

“For around $160.00 for the Mustek DV3000, its great....”

Written on: 23/06/2003 by lenlutz. (1 review written)

For around $160.00 for the Mustek DV3000, its great. Im not sure what folks expect, but, i must say, it definitely outperforms my expectations.. you can pick up, a video editor program, to lighten inside shots...
also, you may want to get the
windows media converter, and make the "avi"'s
"wmp", to save space....
i am quite pleased with it… Read Full Review

“When I saw this DV3000 camera advertised it seemed to...”

Written on: 23/06/2003 by Rob. (1 review written)

When I saw this DV3000 camera advertised it seemed to be spot on for what I wanted. A cheap video capable camera, which I wouldn't be scared to put on my biking helmet/attach to my power kites, or whatever that I'm not about to do with my Sony MiniDV camera.
Thusly I ordered and duly it arrived.
You've probably read that the video resolution isn't great, and it's not, but it depends what you want to do with the files. For websites the 320x240x10/15fps is fine, it keeps file sizes down and… Read Full Review

Kellie.'s Response to 109936_Rob.'s Review

Written on: 07/07/2003

I just ordered my dv3000 by mustek and was wondering if someone could give the name of the external light source they are using for this camera? I plan to use for video clips of my band for our website and our lighting can be kinda dark. please advise

Ian's Response to 109936_Rob.'s Review

Written on: 13/08/2003

Having seen one demonstrated I thought how good it looked, but was sceptical about the time it would record. Loads of useful info in the review regarding media cards and recording time, light conditions etc. Thanks, great unbiased report.

Pantman's Response to 109936_Rob.'s Review

Written on: 06/08/2003

Youve done exactly what I wanted to know if it would, strap it to your bike helmet, except I want to strap it to the bike itself. Very helpfull. I will go and buy one now....

113884_Dave.'s Response to 109936_Rob.'s Review

Written on: 07/07/2003

I like your review, it sums up exactally what ths camera is about. People take note, as he says it is not a professional camera, and it dosen't want to be. its for adults, children, and students for fun. well done good review:)

Read 4 Comments

“Have owned this Mustek DV3000 for just over three...”

Written on: 09/06/2003 by pt. (1 review written)

Have owned this Mustek DV3000 for just over three months. As I tend to travel quite a bit, this is a great little camera for taking lots of pictures and videos (you will need to get a larger memory card though - I found a 256meg for $65!). The small size means you can carry it with you almost everywhere and simply pull it out of your pocket when you see something interesting. The pictures usually turn out pretty good... not professional grade of course, and the video quality is passable at… Read Full Review

“well i received my Mustek DV3000 yesterday and i must...”

Written on: 09/05/2003 by James. (1 review written)

well i received my Mustek DV3000 yesterday and i must say it is more than i expected for the 150 price tag... it works great and seems to hold up pretty well... I already dropped it off my bike at 15mph and its still recording.

The vid quality is about as good as internet vid.. nothing you could make a movie with.

The pic quality is about par with mid range digicams.

The software included is okay. I mostly hate the interfaces... Thats Ulead for you though.

The build quality is great for… Read Full Review

Digital Dumb A##.'s Response to 96272_James.'s Review

Written on: 22/05/2003

I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHAT U DID TO FIX THE NO FLASH/LOW LIGHT PROBLEM!THIS WILL BE NY FIRST DIGITAL CAMERA, AND NOT SURE HOW TO GET AROUND THIS.

Slimster333's Response to 96272_James.'s Review

Written on: 30/08/2003

I have just got this funcky camera and would be interested in how you got round the low light problem ?

Slimster333's Response to 96272_James.'s Review

Written on: 30/08/2003

I have just bought this camera and would like to know how you got round the low light problem?

109116_Rob.'s Response to 96272_James.'s Review

Written on: 20/06/2003

I just received my mustek yesterday and must say it is a fun little camera. Can anyone tell me the specific name brand of the external light source they used? Thanks.

Aurora.'s Response to 96272_James.'s Review

Written on: 09/06/2003

I'd also like to know about the light issue as well. I almost returned my unit...but it was a hassle and for the money I paid, I can deal ....but I think my light problem is because the inner and outer lenses don't line up exactly. You can actaully see that they are a little off center...you have to catch light at a certain angle even in good light. A solution to the light issue would be most welcome...what kind of flash unit did you get? AND while I'm asking questions...I can take off the outer lens to get better light...there is a small piece of glass laying on top of the inner lens though. Is that important? why do you suppose it is there? It is the inner lens that is off center and I don't want to break anything..is there some way I can get an outer lens that has a bigger eye area to compensate...any ideas of where to look?

104638_Linda.'s Response to 96272_James.'s Review

Written on: 05/06/2003

Hi Johnny-
<br>Can you tell me what kind of small flash type device you hooked up to it...any help would be much appreciated. :)
<br>Linda

101631_Johnny.'s Response to 96272_James.'s Review

Written on: 26/05/2003

All you have to do is buy a small flash type device and tape it on the cam. Quite simple to get around the low light problem.
<br>
<br>I have hopes for this cam considering out of 71 other cams it won the 2003 Digital Shoot Out Dima award. So it must be a good cam and take good photos. I hope, I'll be getting mine soon.
<br>
<br>Anyway good luck with yours, Johnny

100691_Andre.'s Response to 96272_James.'s Review

Written on: 23/05/2003

I would also like to know how you solved the lighting problem??
<br>My email is [email protected]
<br>If you could email your solution to be that would be excellent.

Read 8 Comments