Mustek DV3000 Reviews

Interchangeable Lens: Not Interchangeable Lenses
Optical Zoom: Without Optical Zoom
35mm Zoom Lens: 50 mm
Digital Zoom: 2x
Focus Range: 27.56 in. to Infinity (w)
Focal Length: 10.84 mm
Image Quality
Camera Resolution: 2.1 Megapixel
Image Resolutions: 640 x 4802048 x 1536 (Interpolated)1600 x 1200
Video
Video Resolutions: 320 x 240 (QVGA)
Video Format: AVI
Mp3 Built In:
Built-in Microphone: With Built-in Microphone
Built-in Speaker: With Built-in Speaker
System Requirements
Operating System: Apple Mac OS 9Microsoft Windows 2000Microsoft Windows 98Microsoft Windows MEMicrosoft Windows XP
Other
Height: 6.8 cm
Width: 4 cm
Depth: 8.6 cm
Weight: 0.1 kg
Included Accessories: 2 x AA BatteriesSoftwareUSB CableVideo CableBag32 MB Memory CardStrap

Showing star rating of:

(cancel refinement)

“Took on trip to Colorado mountains. Used for video...”

Written on: 31/07/2003 by joyce m. (1 review written)

Took on trip to Colorado mountains. Used for video riding through mountain roads and along- the-road stops. Only question I have, is why I'm not getting as much video time as others seem to get. Have a 256MB secured digital card and only got about 40 minutes recording time. Others seem to be getting that with 128MB card. e-mail me at [email protected], with any suggestions. Other than that I'm pretty happy with the camera for the price… Read Full Review

“If you need a PC cam that doubles as a still/motion...”

Written on: 13/04/2003 by CALOi. (1 review written)

If you need a PC cam that doubles as a still/motion video camera, then you may want to consider the Mustek DV3000. At around $140, the DV3000 comes in a compact camcorder look. It is very light that you can carry it with one hand. You can bring it anywhere you go without any bulky carrying case, but the DV3000 is no substitute to a full featured digital camcorder. There is just no point of comparison. If you are looking for a motion video camera, you have to buy a fuller featured digital… Read Full Review

89033_Caloi.'s Response to CALOi.'s Review

Written on: 14/04/2003

Erratum...
<br>
<br>In PARTING WORDS, I was referring to the Mustek DV3000, not Mintek DV3000.

Jon Lynn's Response to CALOi.'s Review

Written on: 23/12/2003

Thanks for your candid review of the Mustek DV3000 camera. I wished I had read your reviews before I bought mine 2 months earlier. The dual use function of the camera and its lightweight make it handy and functional to record some off-hand occasions during daylight only. However, one of the selling points for me was the claim by HSN that you could record video clips and take pics at night. They played and replayed clips of pics and videos purportedly recorded at night using the night time mode. You can imagine how I felt when my night time recording came up blank. I had recorded using a 128MB MMC in a well lit area. Shouldn’t that claim be false in advertising? On the whole it is a nice value for daytime use.

Quayd's Response to CALOi.'s Review

Written on: 01/12/2003

Thanks for an extremely detailed and honest review. I agree that if you want high end detail, photo quality, and bells and whistles, you aren't going to get it for $150! But from the sound of it, this camera is the kind of thing I'm looking for - knock about, stick in my pack or my glove box when I'm out with the dogs, etc. Thanks again - and to all the rest of you who submitted comments on this review.

Fatmiao's Response to CALOi.'s Review

Written on: 29/11/2003

well, i have use DV3000 for six month now. Love it! A great toy for making my own interview vid's for my course assignments...
<br>
<br>DV4000 for all that I know has a ear phone jack built in for MP3 player. But, still I prefer DV3000 since the mp3 would only consume my space in the memory card, and less space for my vid's...

Playa4Life's Response to CALOi.'s Review

Written on: 02/11/2003

Good Review, I like how you layed it out, very informitive (SP - to tired to make sure it's spelled right ;)).
<br>Thanks a bunch,
<br>Ahmed

Jbondmir's Response to CALOi.'s Review

Written on: 16/09/2003

Hi Kip Dole, i was looking for a sample of de videos that the Mustek DV3000 produces and i found your review, so i would like to ask you if it coulb be possible for you to tell the url of you site and if you have a sample there. My email is [email protected]
<br>Thank you

Iris's Response to CALOi.'s Review

Written on: 03/09/2003

For this review I must say it's an accurate portrayal of the DV3000. After I got mine I immediately put it to the test. One thing I noticed during video mode is that, before you press the 'Set' button to start recording, if you press the button that allows you to take night shots in Camera Mode, you get 2 more settings: EVup and EVdown (the 'up' & 'down' are shown as arrows). accordingly, there seems to be a lighting compensation feature that is shown on the screen, which allows you to take bright videos even at lowlight conditions, especially if you're on standard video mode. even indoor lighting and candle lighting becomes acceptable to the DV3000. i suggest you try it. ;)

Salvo's Response to CALOi.'s Review

Written on: 30/08/2003

I was considering buying the DV2000 or DV3000. Just as I decided to buy the DV3000, I wanted to see if there's a DV4000 coming out soon. So I made a research and found out that it's been recently put on the market. So I mailed the Turkish firm that imports Mustek goods; and they told me that the DV4000 will be here, in Turkey, next month, even before USA if what they said is true. So I considered my options again & decided to wait for upcoming DV4000. I think it's more profitable to wait another month or two and pay about a 100 bucks more (for I have no idea what the price will be about here) and get the DV4000 with a better video resolution, for the video capturing is the most important aspect for me. So I'm pretty impatient to get it and hit the streets to capture stuff:)

Kip Dole.'s Response to CALOi.'s Review

Written on: 29/07/2003

I recently purchased the DV3000 and am having loads of fun with it. It is about the size of my wallet so I can just keep it in my pocket. I wish the resolution were higher but for 138.00 not too bad. I wish the file would be saved with the actual datetime and not 1/1/1998 or at least I wish when the data was transferred to my pc it took that date time.
<br>
<br>I play tennis and like to see my serving motion and its perfect for that. It would work for my golf swing as well. It's also fun to tape my kids being themselves.
<br>
<br>I hope they put a flash on the next one too, although that would only work with the camera. If anyone wants to see a sample let me know and I will put a clip on my web site.

117408_Caloi.'s Response to CALOi.'s Review

Written on: 21/07/2003

Hello, Mike! I checked the HSN website and confirmed what you said about the "markdown", but the truth is the DV3000 is never worth more than $150. Maybe in terms of its features, the DV3000 could very well be a $350 hardware, but for that you could buy a cheap digital camcorder (a quick look at Costco.com yields the JVC GR-D30US). I reviewed the DV3000 for what it is and how it matched my need for a portable everyday digital video camera that could double as a PC cam. For all gadgets you buy, know your requirements first and research on them. I appreciate that you considered my review. I am glad I could help!

Krassimir.'s Response to CALOi.'s Review

Written on: 21/07/2003

I have already 2 months DV3000.It work well,good,super.I have before for 10 years long period analog "Sony" handycam,to expensive and quality in dark is also poor.It was to big and problematic for caring.I was tired to bay video tapes(expensive)and slow editing of the video clips.So that Mustek DV3000 is the best shot in digital products,easy to work with and small,real spy!Anything more expensive is waisting the money because of the fast change of technology.So I will be no sorry to get away DV3000 after 1-2 years and buy the next one DV4000 or DV5000.

117152_John.'s Response to CALOi.'s Review

Written on: 20/07/2003

Thanks for saving my $!
<br>I knew it was too good to be true when I saw it on HSN. As a relative amateur when it comes to digital cameras, I was extremely skeptical when I saw a 3.1 mp digital camera with camcorder for under $150 (HSN states that it's marked down from over $400). I thought that the only cameras with no flash were the ones they give free w/magazine subscriptions.

113923_Caloi.'s Response to CALOi.'s Review

Written on: 08/07/2003

Mike, There is no specialized directed light source device available for the Mustek DV3000. The 1-second overexposure feature would allow you to capture stills taken at night in an ambiently lit room. The quality won't be at par with the real flash, though because it would all be natural lighting. The 1-second over exposure feature could not be used for capturing motion video, though. So if you need to capture video in an ambiently lit room at night, you need to be a McGyver. Consider a rechargeable table lamp (!). Not very high tech, huh? Or put in more bucks for a fuller featured digital video camera. That's better quality, too.

113892_Thomas H.'s Response to CALOi.'s Review

Written on: 08/07/2003

Thank you for a very good review of the camera, you convinced me, that I need a real Digital Videocamera and not a toy like the DV3000
<br>Kind regards
<br>Thomas

113379_Mike.'s Response to CALOi.'s Review

Written on: 06/07/2003

what can i use to substitute the lack of having a "flashing" device name and brand would be most welcome.thanks

110647_Ollie.'s Response to CALOi.'s Review

Written on: 25/06/2003

Very helpful, much better than the other reviews, helped me make my mind up about it

108733_A.lambs.'s Response to CALOi.'s Review

Written on: 19/06/2003

thank you for such a clear description of the product. a sales lady was doing a good job at "wow-ing" me yesterday. your review reminded me that i need a "real" video cam...
<br>
<br>the DV3000 does seem to be a pretty nifty toy though...
<br>thanks!