Saab 9-3 SE Turbo Reviews

Saab 9-3 SE Turbo - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Saab 9-3 SE Turbo

Saab 9-3 SE Turbo
Saab 9-3 SE Turbo

“I had a Saab 9-3 turbo convertible. W reg for a year...”

Written on: 07/06/2008 by celica123 (1 review written)

I had a Saab 9-3 turbo convertible. W reg for a year and I spent a fortune on it as it was always breaking down. i.e turbo went on the engine. Cam belt came off, crack in drive shaft. I loved the car when I bought it but it let me down on more than 1 occassion. I was very dissappointed. I now drive a Toyota, and what a brilliant car this is. I have not spent a penny on this car in a whole year apart from an interim service - and even that was faultless. My advice - buy a Toyota. They are the… Read Full Review

“I bought this Saab 9-3 SE Turbo on a whim, and I think...”

Written on: 29/05/2006 by izodmartin (1 review written)

I bought this Saab 9-3 SE Turbo on a whim, and I think I made a good decision. My wife had a cow when I purchased it because her father had an old Saab that was always in the shop.

Well after she drove it she too likes it. It is fast, comfortable and sleek.

Now the bad, the top hydraulic system cylinder started to leak. I replaced it and then found a leak in the hydraulic hose on the other side. After I repaired the hose, a small leak started in the coolant resorvior. I replaced it… Read Full Review

“The Saab 9-3 SE Turbo is an excellent all round car -...”

Written on: 02/02/2006 by derk (1 review written)

The Saab 9-3 SE Turbo is an excellent all round car - at home on long journeys (has a great trunk and very comfortable). Power comes in smooth and strong. Fuel consumption can be fairly high (low 20s) when booting it… Read Full Review

“Bought the SAAB 9-3 Convertible SE Turbo secondhand a...”

Written on: 11/09/2003 by polainm (4 reviews written)

Bought the SAAB 9-3 Convertible SE Turbo secondhand a few months ago with 75,000miles on it but with perfect service history. Drives and looks as new. I would like to have heated seats so I would feel even more toasty in the winter with the top down. This car is a wolf in sheep's clothing. There may be fractions of seconds in performance terms between the SAAB and equivilent BMWs, Volvos and Audis, but the torque in that all important 50-70 range is mighty for a 1985cc engine in a car weighing… Read Full Review

“For the person (Swen from Sweden) that mentioned that...”

Written on: 14/08/2002 by Saab Man. (1 review written)

For the person (Swen from Sweden) that mentioned that Fiat is a third world country car therefore implying that Italy is a third World country, please get your fact straight.

Unlike you, Italians are one of the most civilized countries in the world. Obviously Sweden is lacking class if people like your self live there.

As you mentioned (aside from the unnecessary comments), Fiats are in a different class. It's like compairing a Chevy to a Cadillac, it's just not the right comparison… Read Full Review

“ FIAT TURBO I.E v/s SAAB 900 Turbo... I have a...”

Written on: 01/02/2002 by Gonzalo (BUSH). (1 review written)

FIAT TURBO I.E v/s SAAB 900 Turbo... I have a friend and he has a Saab 900 Turbo 90'. We race in a 1/4 mile and my FIAT TURBO I.E 90' kick his ass!!! Fiat rulezzz!!! :)… Read Full Review

20647_Swen.'s Response to Gonzalo (BUSH).'s Review

Written on: 22/04/2002

Such 'off the cuff' comments should be restricted to the 3rd world country in which you and your Fiat reside. Reasons:
<br>
<br>1. Fiat is really not a good car brand and should not be tested against the more affluent car manufacturers.
<br>
<br>2. If its out and out speed in a tin can, perhaps you should restrict your comparisons with other
<br>unreliable rustbuckets; another Fiat?
<br>
<br>3. It would be wrong for me to review a Saab Aero convertible against a Jaguar XJK, they are clearly different class of convertibles. Do you get the picture?
<br>
<br>Restrain yourself in the future, or at least your obvious lack of common sense.

Izodmartin's Response to Gonzalo (BUSH).'s Review

Written on: 29/05/2006

I have seen a Beretta GTZ beat a Mustang Cobra. The car didn't loose the bad driver did.... Get the point?

154572_Philmarren's Response to Gonzalo (BUSH).'s Review

Written on: 06/05/2004

I doubt seriously that your silly little italian Uno turbo can beat the Saab...maybe your friend isnt quite as good at driving it as he should...I have owned a tuned Uno turbo and it was pretty quick...but it aint as quick as my Saab 900turbo.

40779_Brazilian-Turbo.'s Response to Gonzalo (BUSH).'s Review

Written on: 01/10/2002

Sorry, boys but i think that he just compared the acceleration of both cars. Of course you cannot compare distant classes of it. And if you want ot compare sports cars you can compare cars that have near the same power. As vectra Gsi that has 150 hp and uno turbo that has 119 cv, beside of it vectra loses the fight but we cannot compare sedan to a pocket rocket,, let´s compare with suzuki swift or something other.

39609_Quicksilver.'s Response to Gonzalo (BUSH).'s Review

Written on: 24/09/2002

I agree with you swen. If you really wanted to compare turbos, why not compare that 'UNO' of yours, to a Subaru STI, I mean they are both "Turbo's" right?

Read 5 Comments

“The Saab 9-3 turbo is is a great car for those long...”

Written on: 04/04/2001 by Charles. (1 review written)

The Saab 9-3 turbo is is a great car for those long journeys when you dont want to feel every imperfection in the road. The Power is fantastic and makes a great sound. The car oozes quality and stands out as being a classy motor in black.

Highly Recommended… Read Full Review