St Mary's, Crebinick House Reviews

St Mary's, Crebinick House - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for St Mary's, Crebinick House

St Mary's, Crebinick House

“(1998) The Isles of Scilly were a revelation to me. I...”

Written on: 21/03/2003 by Hazel. (1 review written)

(1998) The Isles of Scilly were a revelation to me. I didn't believe that there was anywhere left in the world that was so unspoilt.
I came from Penzance, by helicopter. After just twenty minutes I could see the tiny islands below, washed by the Atlantic, hazy in the early morning sunlight. They seemed to shimmer ethereally, and I could understand why this was once said to be the lost land of Lyonnesse.
We landed, and within minutes, a ramshackle mini bus appeared. A man who looked like a… Read Full Review

Redbaron's Response to 81757_Hazel.'s Review

Written on: 04/11/2003

I agree entirely. I haven't stayed on Scilly but I have visited a number of times and it is literally my favourite place on the planet. Car Near at the bottom tip of Tresco is the place that I feel is as close to Nirvana as I'll ever see you look at the shape of the Islands and coast to see something that hasn't chaged for hundreds of years and long may that continue. I found the Scillonians as friendly as the Cornish in general and regret having to go home every time. The helicopter is definitely the best way to go to maximise the time you have.

Wurzelday's Response to 81757_Hazel.'s Review

Written on: 08/02/2004

i have to say, the isles of scilly are the worlds greatest archipelago of islands in the world. But redbarons comment on the helicopter is the best way to maximise time there. The scillonian offers the part of the holiday as you near the islands at a calming rate. you can't wait, but will wait forever to be on the islands of paradise..... ...aaah.

Read 2 Comments