Habitat - www.habitat.co.uk

1.3

Habitat - www.habitat.co.uk - Ask a question now

“AVOID”

written by 77Richie77 on 06/12/2019

AVOID this company....sold three me three beds with a design fault (which only materialises over time). When you discover it they then try and and take the majority of your refund by “wear and tear” even though you can’t use them! Awful customer service

“Failed sofa”

written by Stellatlanta on 06/12/2018

We purchased a Chester 200 cm sofa in leather 3 and a half years ago for our London flat. Given we are in London 5 months a year it has been used for about 18 months. About 6 months ago I noticed it was sagging on one side. I wrote to Habitat who never responded. I rang a few days ago to be told it had only a one year warranty and no warranty for the frame beyond that. A friend who used to build furniture showed me the frame had cracked. Given neither my husband nor I are overweight and hsve no children the sofa has never had hard use. Habitat would require we have an expert to decide whether it is a manufacturer defect af our expense. No expert could at this point say this. I checked other shops and found most reputable shops gave 5-10 year warranties on the frame. The sofa was £2,000, not terribly expensive but not cheap. I have been a Habitat customer for more than 40 years. Never again. It will be Heals or Boconcept for the new sofa and we hope with a simple repair a refuge may be able to make use of this sofa.

Justyjess's Response to Stellatlanta's Review

Written on: 03/02/2022

Agree, we have the same sofa. It was ex display but unmarked so i guess had use in a Homebase store before it closed down so was sold as clearance.It has been in our dining room with very little use and is now sagging. Sadly it is chipboard under the nice leather. clearly substandard construction.No point in complaining as i bought before went into administration. I will have a go at strengthening and adding a third leg in the middle.

“Terrible customer service”

written by Sgamble on 09/01/2018

> We ordered a sofa bed on 27th July and paid for it in full. The delivery time was 12-14 weeks so we expected delivery by 2nd November at the latest. > > On 19th September we were contacted by email by Panther Group to confirm that the sofa was ready and to select a date when it could be delivered. We scheduled delivery for 6th October and I arranged to be available at home that day. On 5th October I received a text message to confirm our 2 hour delivery slot for the next day. > > However on 6th October I received an email from Panther Group confirming that the sofa was not available for delivery after all and inviting me to select another date for delivery. This was annoying and my wife sent an email to Panther Group requesting an explanation. To date We have not received a response from them. > > I selected another date for delivery, as instructed, and arranged for it to be delivered the following Thursday (12th October). We again arranged to keep the day free (my wife took a days leave from work) so that we could be in to take delivery. > > Again I received a text message to confirm the 2 hour delivery slot the evening before. However on the morning of 12th again I received an email from Panther to inform me that the sofa was not available for delivery and again inviting me to select a new date for delivery. > > At this point my wife rang Habitat to find out what was going on. She was informed that the sofa could not be delivered as it was not even in the country as yet! After several telephone calls that week they confirmed that they were not expecting the sofa until 19th November. This was of course over two weeks after the latest original delivery date. > > We were told that someone would call us on 19th November to let us know whether the sofa had arrived. No one did. My wife rang Habitat on 20th November and at this point she was told that the sofa was now due in on 3rd December. Again she was told that someone would call us to confirm. The 3rd December came and went and we did not receive a phone call. > > Again we chased Habitat and we were finally told that the sofa was now in the country and available for delivery. Given our previous experience with Panther Group we asked Habitat to confirm the delivery date with them directly for us and they booked us a new delivery date of 14th December. We had friends staying with us on 16th December and I was assured that the sofa bed would be with us in time for us to use it that weekend. > > Again we arranged to be available all day on 14th December and I waited for a text message from Panther the evening before to confirm the 2 hour delivery slot. By 7.30pm none had arrived so my wife rang Habitat. She was assured that the sofa would delivered the following day and that sometimes the text message did not arrive until 9pm. However 9pm came and went and no text message arrived. By this time however Habitats office was closed. My wife therefore waited until 8am the following day to contact Habitat once more. Initially she was told that yes the sofa was being delivered and she was even given a 2 hour time slot. When she asked Habitat to double check this with Panther Group however she was told that actually Panther Group had no record of delivering the sofa that day and it transpired that they had a delivery date down of 14th November! > > Habitat apologised and rearranged the delivery date to the next available date which was 19th December. This however meant that we had to make other arrangements for our guests as we did not have a bed for them to sleep in over the weekend. > > The sofa bed was eventually delivered on 19th December, over six weeks after the last expected original delivery date. The delivery men from Panther Group did not inspire confidence. They had no tools with them and had to borrow a pair of scissors in order to take some of the packaging off. They took the sofa apart to get it through the front door but still managed to scratch and cause damage to the front door. We had to put it back together again ourselves (without instructions). They also left most of the packaging on which we had to remove and dispose of ourselves. > I will never be ordering furniture from Habitat again!

“4 orders -awful ordering and delivery process and...”

written by eaDavis229 on 08/01/2018

Products - good, ordering and delivery - awful We have placed 4 orders, only 1 of which the first for a shelving unit went to plan. 2nd - sideboard. Delivery time confirmed, informed it was on its way. Delivery driver turned up after confirmed time slot but with no sideboard. Told it had been lost so had to reorder. Second turned up damaged kept as it had taken so long to come and could stand the thought of waiting in to no avail again. 3rd - table and chairs - only 3 out of 4 required chairs were in stock. We were informed fourth would be back in stock before Xmas by 17 Dec it's now 8 January still not in stock with no date for when it will be. Delivery team dropped table in packaging on our stone hall floor and damaged it. Poorly packed and even more poorly handled. We kept it as we wanted it for Xmas and had given away our previous table, but are not happy. 3 chairs instead of 4 not ideal 4th - chair. Ordered a different chair as the one we wanted as mentioned above still not in stock. Really need 4 not 3 chairs and by this time we were worried we would never get 4 chairs as concerned co may go bust - how on earth can it keep going when its so inefficient? Paid before Xmas and agreed delivery date. Delivery window confirmed day before. On the day received e mail saying it wasn't on van. Habitat said they would come back to us next working day with info, but didn't. Chased and informed it's been lost ( again!!!!). It's now out of stock so we have no idea when the (second choice ) chair we have paid for will arrive. We like the products but after 3 months are still left with a table and only 3 chairs. Also the packaging, self assembly and value for money is no where need as good as IKEA's. We would never have bought from Habitat had we known how appalling the experience would be. Will certainly never buy from them again. AVOID

“Fredd Bed purchased;replacement legs sought; bad Cust...”

written by on 27/09/2017

Fredd Bed purchased from Habitat. Order No. ******591. Terrible design in my view with legs that buckle easily. I simply ask for replacement legs from online Cust Services; a seemingly small and reasonable enquiry. Weeks and weeks of delaying tactics from a number of different Cust Serv employees; obviously an under-staffed dept with incompetent people who care little about longstanding and (now former) customer. All my emails were replied to with an apologetic auto reply stating the depts high work-load (I am not surprised); then replies from array of different ill-informed agents. Then followed a catalogue of irritating incremental requests from Cust Serv for order details, product label details, photos; and then finally an actual inspection by their (misnamed) Quality Assurance team. Really poor. Just to replace some bed legs. Very idea of customer goodwill or service is absent. Bad product in my view, let down further by a chaotic and incompetent (mis-named) Customer Services team. Get one star not zero as at least their emails were polite; though an actual resolution is preferred. (former) customer. London

“Hendricks Sofa”

written by MCM1962 on 27/06/2017

Ordered a Hendricks sofa in the sale. Was given a delivery date by Panther. Morning of the delivery they advised they would not deliver ditto with a second date two weeks later. On the third attempt and one month late they delivered but about 8 hours outside the delivery window they gave. Lovely sofa but they cannot deliver the products reliably. Avoid.

“Delivery meltdown”

written by daveyoung33 on 16/06/2017

It took four failed attempts at delivery and 8 fruitless hours waiting at home before I got my goods. To his credit the director of their delivery company, Panther, did ring me at home when I sent a registered letter of complaint, and Chantelle from the director's office at Habitat was lovely and eventually sorted it. But really, to keep using the same failed software delivery notification technology long after it had failed when it was clearly obvious they should have reverted to a manual system does neither company credit and damages their brand. I've been a big ticket Habitat customer since the 1980s, but never again - there goes the sofa I'd planned to purchase - and would heartily recommend other prospective customers to look elsewhere

“Appalling customer service. ”

written by Yadiel237 on 12/06/2017

Just a really shocking service all round , in store was fine , we ordered a sofa we were told it would take 6-8 weeks and 2 days later got a text message saying it was ready , all this seemed strange , on enquiry we were told maybe they had one in stock already . Then we decided not to take the order that week because of work commitments, so we took it today the 12/5/17 between .9.30-11.30 . Having re-arranged the whole house and cleared the driveway for the van and took days of at great loss of earnings we received a text 30 mins before the product was due saying they could not deliver due to the warehouse being moved !!! As you can imagine we are fuming !! I am sure they must have known on the Friday before the on the 9th this would be the case WHY DID THEY NOT LET US KNOW ??? Having tried to talk to management all we are faced with is a call centre girl who can't or will not put us through to management all that is happening is the Buck is being passed around , we are still waiting for someone to get back to us but getting nowhere and more and more frustrated !!! Looking at the reviews for habitat most of them are 1 star only !! I would not recommend that anyone purchases anything from this store EVER. We now realise that the sofa is not been made.

“Appalling customer service. ”

written by Yadiel237 on 12/06/2017

“Awful customer service”

written by tomyestin on 09/06/2017

Simply terrible service from Habitat. Ordered the Coniston Garden table set in April. Habitat have had 4 missed delivery dates now (two of which with absolutely no notice - just no shows), with no end in sight, or sign that the customer service team is able to fix the situation. My personal recommendation would be to avoid shopping at Habitat, as i really wouldn't want other people to experience the level of customer service we have received.

“Excellent service, delivery and product.”

written by AliviaHall1985 on 19/10/2016

After a poor experience with Wayfair, we ordered two pieces of furniture online from Habitat. From ordering the service was excellent, immediately notified of delivery date. Texted to give us a time slot. Phone call from the two drivers an hour before arrival. All delivered within about 4 days. Furniture delivered with care and politeness. Products very well packaged. Sideboard and shelving unit both as expected, instructions included and easy to put together. Faultless service. Note: drivers also told us that if there were any problems, Habitat collect products back with 30 days.

“Poor Customer Service!!!”

written by Shayna396 on 23/04/2016

Ordered a table and chairs. Only the table has been delivered. Telephoned to arrange for chairs to be delivered yesterday. Promised a callback either in the evening or morning. No callback came. Telephoned again this afternoon to ask about callback. Was avised I would be called in the evening by 8pm. No callback. Telephoned at 7:55 this evening to be told the callback was for tomorrow (this was not what I had been advised). When I asked for the person to rebook the delivery, they ended the call (clearly too close to their shift finishing). Still have not spoken to anyone who can rebook the order. No wonder the company went into administration - the online remnants are appalling!

“Poor delivery service”

written by Kaylinj473 on 16/04/2016

Item stated as delivery within 3 days. No information/ timeslot provided upon placing the order and misleading information provided by customer service when first called. Only order if you're prepared to wait around on the off chance that the item may be delivered on the 3rd or 4th+ day. Customer service advice is that item doesn't require a signature and if it happens to go missing from a "safe place" such as a communal garden then a replacement will be sent - so a repeat of the same poor service! This is a major inconvenience for those who work - I won't be ordering from Habitat again.

“Terrible sofa, unfit for purpose.”

written by mavisperkins on 06/04/2016

I ordered a sofa from the Tottenham Court Road branch. When it arrived it was fine, but 18 months later it is becoming unusable. The foam has compacted, buttons fallen off, seat fabric is baggy and wrinkled, it is now hard and uncomfortable. Habitat claim it's due to fair wear and tear! They sent someone to assess it, and he didn't even sit on it. They say sorry, there is nothing they can do! Of course there is; apologize, refund the purchase price and take the wretched thing away! Grrr! And ... shockingly, it appears that Habitat do not offer a guarantee on their furniture.

“Incorrect care instructions and dreadful customer service”

written by Jordan395 on 24/02/2016

I purchased the Harrow rug from Habitat shortly before Christmas 2015. After an apple juice spill I followed the care instructions and was left with a rug that was permanently marked. The stain was at least 50% darker than the original rug and the juice itself. I was told by customer services I should have professionally dry cleaned the product. Despite the fact that this care instruction was not included on the product they refused to offer an exchange on the rug. I went to complain in person to the store I purchased the rug from (Finchley Road). The manager was rude and aggressive and refused to offer an exchange, despite the fact the care instructions were not properly included and the product itself is of inferior quality. I would not recommend Habitat, nor will I purchase any product from them again.

“Absolutely awful ”

written by jamie01732 on 06/01/2016

Twice in the last month I have purchased items from Habitat only to be told two weeks after purchase that they don't have the item. They offer little to fix the issue and prove that they continue to falsely advertise their products to get custom but not to fulfil their promise as a retailer. Leaving customers waiting such a long time when they are trying to furnish a home, which as we all know is a very stressful task, is disgraceful and shows little respect for their customers. The most unprofessional on-line store I have ever purchased from.

“Terrible customer service, still waiting for our...”

written by on 02/12/2015

We ordered all our furniture in July 2015, expecting all pieces to be delivered at the end of September when we moved in to our new home with our newborn baby. Unfortunately, this did not happen. There was a big delay and we ended up sleeping on the floor. The delivery was arranged for mid October but to our disappointment not all the pieces arrived. In particular, the bed was delivered but not the matress! Therefore, we continued to sleep on the floor. In addition to that, we did not receive any of the three sofas which we have ordered so we had nowhere else to sit but on the dinning chairs. Then, we wrote a complaint letter ( Reference number HAB659250NX)but we had no reply. Later on, we were informed that there would be another delivery arranged for the beginning of November. To our disappointment again, only one sofa was delivered. It is December now and we are still waiting for the other two sofas. We think it is unacceptable to wait for that long,especially when you pay for the whole cost in advance and not earning the interest rate from a savings account.

“Really need to sort themselves out”

written by gillytom on 30/10/2015

Habitat management really need to sort this company out. We place an order in September for a number of items. These have been arriving randomly with no email or text confirmation of deliveries. Communication is appalling. We have now received two of an item we only ordered one of, and we are missing a cushion which the system says we have had. There is only one phone number which is not included in our call plan so it costs us a lot of money to phone each tim, and I have sent two emails which have not been answered. Staff at the call centre tell me something different each time. PLEASE Habitat sort out your systems, communication and despatch. I also found similar items cheaper elsewhere once we had ordered, which is really galling. I really hope when we finally receive all the pieces to furnish this room that we are pleased with them but I would not buy from Habitat again.

“Do not value you as customer”

written by AlexandraPereira98 on 16/09/2015

Faulty damaged unusable large item is sitting in a small sitting room risking to fall on children. The Ludo library cupboard is 2mt40cm high, it arrived in an intact box however once we opened the box we realised the cupboard had been squashed. We called Habitat at 11.45am/ 03456407186 and spoke to B, - he was supposed to call us back...at 14.30 we spoke to A she said our order number was not recognized as we placed the order via Homebase/Habitat, she advised to call St Albans Habitat within the Homebase store, we spoke to J at the store and she said she could not deal with our complain as it was Habitat that needed to deal with returns. We called, spoke to A, then to H but both of them said we needed to sort out the pick up of the damaged cupboard directly with the store representative at Homebase....few hours later, FOUR HOURS of our SATURDAY lost in between Habitat numbers and employees(!!!)we were told DHL would call on Monday between 9am and 12. No phone call on Monday from DHL. I had to call another number where on Saturday I spoke to A to ask what was going on...J now has confirmed that on Wed 23rd Sept I will have the item collected and swapped with an undamaged one. I truly hope the saga has ended. It was not aggravating and costed me a lot of time and phone calls. Habitat return policy is not clear, it is not printed on the Homebase Customer Sales Order and the phone number published on the order is the unappropriate to dial if you have a complaint. Also the order number printed on the contract is not recognized by Habitat!!! Poor poor poor customer service, indeed. I am quite shocked!

Caireann's Comment

Written on: 22/05/2020

Wow. That is not the service I would have expected from a shop like Habitat. No way am i wasting £1600 on a sofa in there now. Thanks for reviewing and sorry for you awful and stressful experience.

“Perouse furniture a waste of money”

written by on 18/06/2015

I bought a set of Perouse bedroom furniture. The latches don't work particularly well and sometimes the furniture is hard to open. The white lacquer on one of the bedside set of drawers has come apart from the mdf and one of the doors on the wardrobe fell off bringing some of the mdf with it - the weight of the doors appears to be too much for the mdf in the shell of the wardrobe. The lacquer chips if you look at it. I am waiting for the next problem to become apparent. Don't buy - don't waste your money