Toshiba 42PW23P Reviews

• Image Quality

• Sound Quality

Summary

42 Inch Display
16:9 Aspect Ratio
Toshiba 42PW23P - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Toshiba 42PW23P

Toshiba 42PW23P

“Wonderful tv even after 20 years”

Written on: 17/07/2020 by Goatchin (2 reviews written)

I have had this tv over 20 years.It is a bit bulky but fits ok in a corner of the room.I like that it has a matt screen,not a nasty shiny one.,it's very easy on the eyes with natural looking colours. The speakers were not too great but at the time of purchase there was an offer of free external speakers which are very good. The stand which has shelves to keep DVD player and DVDs is good and the glass doors keep everything out of site. The tv has needed only one repair in all these years which… Read Full Review

“MY OPINION THEN OF THE TOSHIBA 42 INCH REAR...”

Written on: 17/09/2005 by VANTHEMAN1 (1 review written)

MY OPINION THEN OF THE TOSHIBA 42 INCH REAR PROJECTION. OLD TECHNOLOGY, AND THAT'S WHY THEY HAVE DROPPED FROM £999.99 TO £699.00.
OK IF YOU JUST WANT TO WATCH DVD'S OR PERFECT SATELLITE PICTURES, BUT TV PICS WILL ALWAYS DISSAPOINT, UNLESS YOUR TV SIGNAL IS PERFECT!
THE 42 INCH SCREEN WILL HIGHLIGHT ANY IMPERFECTIONS, AND YOU WILL HAVE DOUBTS WHY YOU EVER PURCHASED REAR PROJECTION… Read Full Review

“An excellent performer, particularly on DVD,...”

Written on: 12/04/2005 by spinner99 (1 review written)

An excellent performer, particularly on DVD, laserdisc, Freeview and Digital Satellite TV. Not so good on terrestrial analogue. That apart, the digital convegence board failed on mine 2 weeks after the warranty expired. £176 repair bill. Not so good. And so soon… Read Full Review

Spinner99's Response to spinner99's Review

Written on: 15/04/2005

The digital convergence board in my 42PW23P has just been replaced. Top marks to Toshiba. Although the warranty had expired they paid for the replacement part so that my repair bill was reduced considerably

Read 1 Comment

“I paid £2400 when this Toshiba 42PW23P Rear Projection...”

Written on: 29/06/2004 by GAH (3 reviews written)

I paid £2400 when this Toshiba 42PW23P Rear Projection Television came out in 2001. It hurts when I see what they cost now, they are an absolute bargain. But I dont regret paying for it - its been worth it over the last 30 months.
Displays in shops actually do projection tvs a big dis-service since they usually look pale and dim. This is purely down to the viewing angle, as you look down on it in the shop from close proximity. Once its in your room and you are sitting in your chair the colours… Read Full Review

“I've only had my Toshiba 42PW23P Rear Projection...”

Written on: 03/02/2004 by Kevinlangley (2 reviews written)

I've only had my Toshiba 42PW23P Rear Projection Television for a few days and its going back to where it came from! Personally I'd say to anyone thinking of buying one of these types of TV's.........Be careful and make sure that you have exhausted your research. I'm still researching and am now seriously considering a Sony Rear Projection instead and its got to be 100hz for better clarity and reduced flickering.
Another point you need to remember is that with this particular Toshiba model… Read Full Review

Outpost5's Response to Kevinlangley's Review

Written on: 21/03/2005

Totally disagree. Picture quality surpasses many plasmas I have seen. Burn-in only an issue if telly left on for many hours.

Read 1 Comment

“My one of these beauties arrived a couple of days ago,...”

Written on: 24/10/2003 by Acquiesce98 (1 review written)

My one of these beauties arrived a couple of days ago, and I'm in love. Straight out of the box, installation is a doddle and the remote is simple and easy to navigate. The unit itself is fairly tall without the cabinet and sits nicely at head-height if you're sitting on your sofa. In terms of its depth, it's a good bit thinner than my old 28" widescreen telly that the Tosh is replacing.

Once up and running, you notice straight away what a superb picture you get from the TV; after all the… Read Full Review

“This was my first foray into rear projection...”

Written on: 11/03/2003 by mjm01. (1 review written)

This was my first foray into rear projection televisions, I almost bought a cheap plasma but I knew it would be a waste. I replaces a 32" CRT set.

Initially Toshiba looked HUGE in my living room, but a couple of days viewing and I was pretty used to it. My seating position is only about 7 feet from the screet and would benefit from being a few feet further back thanks to seeing a few screen artefacts.

I won't comment on the sound of the set, I don't use it thanks to having an external… Read Full Review

Pickle's Response to mjm01.'s Review

Written on: 03/11/2003

I have recently purchased this model and it looks stunning. The screen is clear and crisp, however I have noticed that there are very definite black horizontal lines that go across the screen. On light images they are really apparent, and if you go up close to the screen you can really see them.
<br>
<br>Did you have this problem?
<br>How do you go into the service convergance, and is it really dangerous to fiddle with the settings?

Dizzy21's Response to mjm01.'s Review

Written on: 23/12/2003

I have just been offered a Toshiba 40PW8 (18mths old)for £600 and wondered if it was really worth it or should i save for a bit longer and get this one which is what I was looking at. What do you reckon

Read 2 Comments