Panasonic Icon MCE593 Reviews

• Durability

• Style

• Service & Support

Panasonic Icon MCE593 - Ask a question now

“We have had the Panasonic Icon MCE593 vacuum cleaner...”

Written on: 05/09/2006 by JulesW (2 reviews written)

We have had the Panasonic Icon MCE593 vacuum cleaner for at least 3 years now. The motor keeps on going and going. No electrical problems.

Initially, as with other reviewers, we had problems with moving filter brushes which kept jamming or falling off. We contacted Panasonic for replacements, and they advised us that there was a new design available. The new cyclone unit needed no rotary wipers. The new filter at the top did not need to be clicked to be cleaned, and it just needed a new… Read Full Review

Tlid's Response to JulesW's Review

Written on: 24/11/2006

I agree with all these comments, but how can they produce such a high rating? The blocking problem with the Panasonic Icon MCE593 vacuum cleaner alone makes the machine a useless piece of kit. The blocking problem has driven my wife to distraction (can rarely get the house cleaning done without frustration), and me also having to continually dismantle the confounded thing.

Read 1 Comment

“The Panasonic Icon MCE593 is a stylish-looking upright...”

Written on: 17/05/2004 by chrisky (5 reviews written)

The Panasonic Icon MCE593 is a stylish-looking upright vacuum cleaner, and features a number of novel touches housed within some sweeping, seductive curves. It even has an attractive metallic paint job. But all is not well with this design. In the process of taking the industrial designer's visionary style and tuning this into a functioning product, the engineers at Panasonic failed to adhere to the fundamental engineering tenet. They failed to keep it simple. Starting with where the… Read Full Review

☆☆☆☆☆

“Panasonic Icon MCE593 - How I wish I had researched...”

Written on: 10/05/2004 by ellie1997 (1 review written)

Panasonic Icon MCE593 - How I wish I had researched this machine BEFORE I bought it, it is without doubt the biggest waste of money I own. We bought it 3 years ago and were impressed for a day or two. Then its cleaning fins inside the collection tank stopped spinning. We returned it and it was replaced. 6 months later, the dust sensor failed. We then discovered that to clean the thing you needed to take it apart. The design is such that there are so many beds in the piping the dust clogs… Read Full Review

☆☆☆☆☆

“My Panasonic Icon MCE593, I can safely say is the...”

Written on: 21/10/2003 by brymax (1 review written)

My Panasonic Icon MCE593, I can safely say is the biggest waste of money I have ever spent. All I wanted was to be able to clean my house, Ha Ha! I didn't realise I had spent my money on something which needed treating with kid gloves, The thermal cut out safety device cuts in too easily, and even though the dust bucket is empty all the 999 filters are cleaned after only 5 - 10 minutes of use it stops! you then have to unplug it and wait for thirty minutes for the pile of crud! to have a… Read Full Review

“This is a very stylish unit and looks good in any...”

Written on: 05/03/2003 by Tonyenjoyd. (1 review written)

This is a very stylish unit and looks good in any modern home.
It is quite easy to use, switch on and go.
The automatic sensor is really good.
Excellent suction and very little blown about when vacuuming dusty areas.

Problems
1. Bottom heavy so hard to negotiate small steps
2. When locked in upright for tool use it is too easy to unlock by mistake if lightly knocked
3. Has a very small capacity compared to other makes about this range.
4. When picking up any volume of small particle dust… Read Full Review

Andy Watson.'s Response to Tonyenjoyd.'s Review

Written on: 25/05/2003

I purchased a Panasonic MC-E593 to REPLACE a Dyson, and I'm glad I did!
<br>
<br>Have not encountered any of the problems described - the Panansonic runs perfectly, and leaves the carpets perfectly clean.
<br>
<br>The Dust Sensor Indicator is a real boon to a mere male like me, as it shows when the carpet is properly clean, not just when it looks clean!

112433_Susanne.'s Response to Tonyenjoyd.'s Review

Written on: 02/07/2003

Thanks for this second opinion, Andy, especially as it's what I want to hear!

Read 2 Comments